AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Macross

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-06-09, 11:46   Link #461
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackRydden224 View Post
The birthday episode huh?

Anybody else want to take a shot at what the girls will give Alto?
One will give him something expensive, the other heartfelt! *closes Ayu Mayu manga*
Old 2008-06-09, 11:54   Link #462
ReddyRedWolf

Then why did Miss spy message dropper say about the Hydra and the true terror of the Vajra.

Remember the one reason why the crew and passengers of the Dulfim were quarantined is that they should be cleared of type V infection.

Also in episode 2 Cathy had both Alto and Ranka's blood tested.

A virus trigger similar to how the Protodevlin Sivil can invoke racial violent instincts on Zentradi decent.

Only this one could affect all Protoculture seeded races.

Hmmm... A self destruct mechanism like the Birdman?
Old 2008-06-09, 12:20   Link #463
magnuskn

Big "Huh?" here on my side. When was there ever a virus mentioned on the show?
Old 2008-06-09, 12:27   Link #464
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Big "Huh?" here on my side. When was there ever a virus mentioned on the show?
Virus-induced or not, the Hydra attack was staged. Hence the foreshadowing.
Old 2008-06-09, 13:18   Link #465
glyph

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Hmmm... A self destruct mechanism like the Birdman?
Spoiler for speculation on Type V infection:
Old 2008-06-09, 18:28   Link #466
JackRydden224
Knight of Twelve's Knight

Sorry guys, there is a little bit more to the spoilers ( I forgot to scroll back up after scrolling down)

For 11 :

Spoiler:

For 12

Spoiler:

For 13

Spoiler:

Last edited by JackRydden224; 2008-06-09 at 20:03.
Old 2008-06-09, 21:28   Link #467
ani_d

JackRydden, thanks! I was going to ask you about the "Alto tachi wa" bit I saw for ep 12, but you got it all down I feel like episode 12 will be a very funny episode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackRydden224 View Post
Sorry guys, there is a little bit more to the spoilers ( I forgot to scroll back up after scrolling down)

For 11 :

Spoiler:

For 12

Spoiler:

For 13

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackRydden224

The birthday episode huh?

I'm guessing that Ranka will try to get Alto a present, something Alto likes. Sheryl on the other hand will give herself to Alto just to tease him then give him something even more impressive than Ranka.

Anybody else want to take a shot at what the girls will give Alto?
Sheryl will throw a Kabuki party with people cross-dressing as Sakura-hime to encourage Alto to face the career he ran away from. Then Ranka's present will be a miniature airplane so that Alto won't risk having arthritis from folding paper airplanes too much. Either that, or more bond papers for Alto. Maybe she'll aim for the joy of folding paper airplanes lol In all seriousness, I can't think of a 'heartfelt' gift fitting for Alto's taste other than the overused homemade sweets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuchiro
I have a feeling that he turns both of them down becasue he finally goes meet with his father... and both of them will probably thought he went to the other one
Hope not. I kind of want to see a grateful reaction from Alto's face for once.
Old 2008-06-10, 01:42   Link #468
kilroy0097
Michiko Malandro = Sexy

Ok here is a completely different theory on everything just to make it even more confusing.

Ranka, Brera and the rest of their family are something like Ariel (The girl with Scott Bernard) was with the Invid Queen Regess. They are royalty in a sense and they were fleeing being killed by another group that had taken control of the Vajra. The moment they got wind of this take over (see Russian Czar for historical reference) they fled and were pursued. They "maybe" tried to hide with the humans and so Ozma was there during the final attack when the Vajra finally caught up with them. Brera who was injured and not killed during the attack was rescued by a separatist loyal faction to them and reconstructed with cyborg parts to continue the fight. He is there to make sure that Ranka survives as the Vajra are a Matriarchal society and she is the rightful heir to the throne so to speak. Kind of a Regess Invid thing but that's loosely based if at all.

As for the Ranka x Sheryl x Alto thing; What would happen if Ozma died? I think that Ranka would clutch onto Alto so hard and that Sheryl would feel bad for her, at least initially, that Ranka and Alto may end up together for a while. However if my theory on Ranka and her heritage is even remotely accurate it could mean that Sheryl and Alto end up together because they are both human and Ranka ends up having to return to reign over the Vajra.

There you go. That's my wrench in the gears theory. ^_^

P.S. - You kind have to ignore the whole possibility that Ranka is directly related to Mao Nome for this theory to make sense. At least at this point from what we know.

On the spoiler summary for Episode 13, does this kind of seem like a bounding period in which mirrors Rick and Minmay down in the hold of the SDF-1 and the infamous shower scene and the fish head cooking scene. Being all alone they really get to talk about things they may have not known about each other.

Last edited by kilroy0097; 2008-06-10 at 02:08.
Old 2008-06-10, 01:45   Link #469
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Virus-induced or not, the Hydra attack was staged. Hence the foreshadowing.
Okay, *maybe*. It kinda looked like as if it was a wild specimen, OTOH GiD ( Grace-in-Disguise) mentioned it by name, which is kinda fishy, given what happened later... y'know, *maybe*.
Old 2008-06-10, 02:11   Link #470
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_d View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Last edited by Westlo; 2008-06-10 at 02:50.
Old 2008-06-10, 02:41   Link #471
JackRydden224
Knight of Twelve's Knight

A quick shot at the ending: Brera moves into the Lee residence and Ranka gets two over protective brothers who are consistently arguing.

Source: my rear end

The scenario of two characters getting stuck together and has nothing better to do but get (better) acquainted is getting really, really, really old. We saw it in the original Macross, Seed and too many other series. I certainly hope that episode 13 can establish something. Right now I simply can't see Alto taking someone who consistently calls him for advices to be a love interest. Sheryl can do things for Alto that he can't for himself, but what's something unique that Ranka can offer? I want to see Ranka having some, even just a tiny little advantage over Sheryl because right now Sheryl has an overwhelming advantage for Alto.
Old 2008-06-10, 03:22   Link #472
Wesley84

I think it's Sheryl's flirting putting undue pressure on Ranka to come into her own feelings concerning the guy. Nobody loves anyone yet, or particularly cares about them even. Mostly, I think everyone is just being selfish at this point, with Alto being at the beck and call of one girl or the other for whatever reason.

He's so whipped.
Old 2008-06-10, 11:28   Link #473
CaptGloval
New Macross soon

To add fuel to the conspiracy theories, I just noticed it now, but Grace and Leon actually share a scene in the OP.

For the romantic speculations, Ozma and Cathy do too.

But it makes you wonder why Brera shares his scene with the Quarter, both are mechanical? lol
Old 2008-06-10, 14:08   Link #474
Wesley84

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptGloval View Post
To add fuel to the conspiracy theories, I just noticed it now, but Grace and Leon actually share a scene in the OP.

For the romantic speculations, Ozma and Cathy do too.

But it makes you wonder why Brera shares his scene with the Quarter, both are mechanical? lol
Maybe he's destined to destroy it? (Please yes!)
Old 2008-06-10, 14:12   Link #475
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Does anybody else share my sentiment that it will be Alto's return to Kabuki that saves the day? With so many references to it, and how he keeps running away from it, it seems a foregone conclusion that it will be involved in the finale in some way.

Cheers.
Old 2008-06-10, 15:20   Link #476
Wesley84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
Does anybody else share my sentiment that it will be Alto's return to Kabuki that saves the day? With so many references to it, and how he keeps running away from it, it seems a foregone conclusion that it will be involved in the finale in some way.

Cheers.
Maybe not save the day, but he probably will end up going back to it. And he'll be alone when he does so.
Old 2008-06-10, 19:29   Link #477
kin3200

Red face

here's what i think about the whole issue of dr.mao and role:

dr.mao recounted the events in m-zero and wrote a memoir about all her mischiefs (jumping off trees) and pranks (kiss) on poor shinn, with shinn's journal acting as supplemental material and fokker's exaggeratedly heroic lies throwing in the rest. her research consists of the relations between the crystals and the kudan. eventually her research on the magical properties of the crystal contributed to the research onboard the little M-galaxy science fleet, where ranka's parents, whom are working as scientists onboard the civilian-less fleet, hence big chance they're scientists, implanted in Ranka's tummy that was based off of dr.mao's research, and could resonate with Sheryl's crystal earring randomly or when her singing spirits are high, hence the glow in tummy afterwards when sheryl and ranka met and were both very high.

sheryl herself could be the daughter of the love child of shinn and mao on one hot summer night on the island, and that dead pilot Gilliam could be the husband of said love child. Presumably gilliam's wife, let her be love child of shinn or just the child of someone else, died for whatever reason prior to the start of the series, and her husband gilliam wore her wife's earring through SMS while leaving his daughter sheryl in the hands of his m-galaxy bar buddies until his decided to yell at a damn kabuki kid instead of concentrating on his battle, and becuase alto knocked over gilliam's stuff after being rude to ozma with his innocent exclaims, sheryl never got to see the little earring as it was relocated somewhere else in the base and alto didn't know the earring he was tasked to look for belonged to gilliam.

maybe ozma did not quit the military, he was tasked to look out for ranka by the un in the very first place (special ops?), perhaps he found it ironic that ranka played the role of the very person who contributed to the loss of everything she knows in the fake zero movie.

i think Richard Bilrer is a remnant of the old zentradi invasion force and loyalist of the kill-all-humans blow up earth regime and avid opposer to the act of procreation between zentridi and humans, he's been in hiding after space war 1 plotting and holding a long long grudge against the UN responsible for the mighty zentridi's glorious defeat in the war, and have leon plotting to take over the presidency from the big nose president, with Catherine Glass on her own spec ops mission pretending to be in love with leon while secretly trying to stop his evil plan. (ozma and glass both misunderstood one another then?) and from the thrilled excitement on his face when he sees the verja battle ship i take it that he wants to harness it's power for his other ambitions.

as for the verja. they could be creations by the disappeared sdf-2 megaroad, whose members came to the resolve that humans should not expand towards the universe after an encounter with the protoculture/birdman races who threatens to kill all humans becuase of what they witnessed on myan island; the evil anger and hatred kudans of the humans, from the eyes of shinn and sara and birdman, that said, evil kudans should not be allow to spread throughout the galaxy, hence birdman's second concern voiced to sara was "have humans made it to space?" right after it question about the evil kudan by reading sara's mind; the protoculture do not want humans to bring their angry kudans with them to space. so they tasked and provided the sdf-2 with the technology to stop/scare off the incoming migration fleets from earth, and thus you have the space fold capable x bullet gun x alloy amor x remote-controlled capable tiny brain varja!

now here's where dr.mao's research comes in, her crystals would react to singing, and the thing in ranka's tummy is a product of her research of said crystal designed to amplify the music talent of the individual. the act of singing itself is a nice thing for humans to do, is it not? then should it be considered a good kudan? then maybe the crystal earring or the tummy thing can carry this good act which can manifests as a good kudan, with shyrl's erring or ranka's body acting as a container carrying the kudan onboard the entire macross frontier fleet which itself then acts as a vessel to bring as quickly possible, this good kudan of the humans to the center of the galaxy where sdf-02 and the protoculture resides, proving to the protoculture and the birdman that humans are good at heart and should be allow to spread their songs and offsprings throughout the galaxy, not destroyed.

maybe the protoculture threatened the sdf-02 that should they do a half-ass job of scaring off the incoming migration fleets they would take over and wipe all humans off the face of the universe as a pre-caution. so sdf-2 complied, but while sending their creations, the verja to constantly attack the fleets (UN knew to inform all military about victor, an enemy they cannot win against, big nose president mention that they've finally besieged *this* fleet") some on the sdf-2 decided to secretly "controlled" some of the individual verja units to look for and to snatch the most talented singer off one of the fleets in order to bring with them the musical kudan to the protoculture hoping to convince them to change their mind, or better yet, have said individual sing in front of the birdman as mimay had in front of the zentridi. they gives the verja a detector that could detect whoever has musical talents. around the time when the verja began fullfilling their goal of attacking the fleets, dr.mao researched the crystals and the thing in ranka's tummy in hopes that it'll amplify said power of the music talent to draw the birdman in to show it the one good kudan the humans still possesses.

ranka's tummy thing was activated around the time when the varja began attacking the fleets, upon said activation of the tummy thing, it's possible that ranka was ordered to sing her childhood song, the song her bro also knew in order to test out how well the tummy thing could amplify it, unfortunately it worked too well, and it caught the varja's attention which at the time was already programmed to look for talented singers, and with ranka's childhood song now amplified beautifully by the tummy thing of dr.mao, unknowingly drew the varja in, in the ensuring battle to capture ranka, ozma fulfilled his goal to protect ranka by taking her away from the doomed science fleet.

ranka only remembers only the song and nothing else afterwards, as for her sis-complex cborg bro he seems to enjoy playing the song even when it's just him alone in the cockpit...so the song must be important.

the tummy device could also be the very reason why ranka has that special "something" in her voice that made everyone, young and old, stopped to listened to her, an example would be the time in the zentridi mall, or the time when she sang alone on the tropical island during fake-zero movie production, which caught the attention of that guy in the boat, who was fascinated by her voice.

don't forget in the beginning atlo mocked sheryl's singing "so what makes her the galactic fairy anyway?" and showed little interest in her singing and songs, however when ranka began singing her song in that monument, that very childhood song, note the troubled expression on atlo's face was immediately lifted, he then closes his eyes and smiled comfortably as he listens; he was clearly captivated by her voice and enjoys it very much, something he never shown with sheryl's singing.

so it was the tummy thing that gave ranka that special something in her voice.

this is also the reason why the varja never give up on looking for ranka; for it's possible that ranka could be the most talented singer in the history of mankind, no, the universe! due the power of the tummy thing, she might have even have already surpassed mimay in terms of the power of her voice, or m-7 anima spirit if you will. so if there's going to be one person with the best voice in the galaxy powerful enough to convince the protoculture, it would definitely be ranka. the sdf2 and dr.mao must surely know this. thus ranka must make it safely to the center of the galaxy, she's the only one who could do it.

then prior to him going to the soon to be doomed science research fleet on m-galaxy, ozma met dr.mao, where she told him about the events of myan lsland (hence ozma bothered to even look at the movie flyer?) convinces him to have ranka protected until the fleet she's on reaches the center of the galaxy, in order to have her sing to the birdman and prove to them the good kudan the humans possess, and warning ozma about the angry face of the birdman and that the chant in zero of "the kudan of hatred will destoryed us all!" is really what the birdman will do to the humans if they possess such kudan.

so ozma was convinced enough that the birdman is really bad-assed and is very angry after reading sara's mind that it really don't mind blowing up the universe just to get rid of the humans and their bad kudans. then dr.mao assures him that to save humanity he must make sure ranka survives until the fleets makes it to the center of the galaxy, possibly where the birdman is, and so ozma willingly obeyed, and changed his original assigned plan a little; he would make sure ranka either makes it to the center of the galaxy in a fleet, ship or a life pod. (that's why he was there when it all happened but was only able to save ranka, it's even possible that ozma himself drugged ranka with the food he cooks for her, maybe out of sympathy when she starts crying over how she can't spent long, soft and warm nights with onee-chan anymore, that or ozma wants to keep a secret )

ozma was prepared that in the event m-galaxy gets taken out, and should the same fate befall m-frontier, he would again take ranka to the tailing fleets, until eventually they're able to reach their destination weather the fleet and everyone be in shambles or pieces. whereupon dr.mao's hopes to have the her research and the songstress to convince thr birdman to change it's mind, and shown to the entire protoculture the good kudan that manifest via the crystal earring or tummy thing would come true, which coincidently is also what the sdf-2 would want as they'd hope the awsome singing of basara....i mean talented individual would be able to convinced the protoculture, which sdf-2 based off with mimay's singing in space war 1, and it's even better that ranka is so familiar with mimay's dance moves and songs and even works at that very same chinese nyan nyan restaurant!!!

don't know what role grace and sis complex cyborg bro plays in all of this, but maybe the two of them belonged in an opposing fraction of the UN or m-galaxy fleet who wants to take ranka back with ozma trying to evade them at the same time.

offtopic-i think alto's "guardian" charm, the little thing he wears around his neck, came from his mother, and it's possible that she told aito that she thinks him having long hair makes him very pretty, she then made aito promised to wear the charm and never to cut his hair. when the district he was fighting in was burnt to the ground after aito delightfully used it as cover for his cat and mouse game while being chased in gilliam's vf holding ranka, when he walked back watching the district engulfed in flames, he suddenly fell to the ground and wasted his lunch, while staring at the flames with an odd gaze with the "oh it was burning like this back then too!" look on his face, so maybe his mother died when the kabuki house went up in flames? it couldn't be from seeing gilliam's body, as he didn't throw up infront of ranka when he thought about thanking him and even manages to rollerskate his way back calming for a while. so it's possible he saw something valuable burning up in flames before, his mother maybe? after his mother dead, alto being a good kid and all, decided to keep the promise to his mother to always wear the charm, and never to cut his hair no matter what, even if everyone in school makes fun of him.

ok, all of this is just wild speculation, don't take it to seriously, i'm sure there are alot of plot inconsistency in my story so PLEASE POINT THEM OUT FOR ME so i can speculate again. thank! ^_^
Old 2008-06-10, 21:20   Link #478
ReddyRedWolf

Yes I noticed the inconsistencies.

You didn't watch Macross Zero did you?
Old 2008-06-10, 23:11   Link #479
kin3200

wrong. i did.

even if i didn't do you think i wouldn't have by now? why do you folks enjoy using this "you didn't did you thing" so much?
Old 2008-06-10, 23:57   Link #480
ZippyDSM
Incoherance is my friend!

This is a bit off the wall but then where else do all the voices in my head go....but anyway....

Anyone notice how DYRL seems to be the known "history" over the events in SDF-1?

Anyone want to spin in a mix of rerolling/updating(seen this before in star trek where they try and make the fiction more "aluering" by changing things and giving a overly sily/simple exsuce, example the Klingon mutation from Series 1 and next gen) now that that and mix in a in fiction government(UN spacy/powers that be in the macross time line) propaganda to use it instead of SDF-1's events, because Minmays song was not that powerful in SDF-1 it was useful but no more than kissing, of course they can not downplay it look at Macross 7, however in M7 they expand on the power of song and the spirit that entertainers seem to have, that power seems to break all the mental locks and controls put in place to make good soldiers from, then again a good level of culture shock can do it without music.

I guess while focuing on song itself is a dead end persay, its not song but culture that won in the last 2 unless its revealed hat Niki Barsara(M7) has a blood line but I think they whole M7 setup was to go after one aspect of the "cultureless" warriors that were made near the end of protoculture society.

With that said frontier seems to tie up some lose ends but focus on the blood lines of protoculture and some of their left over tech/weapons/warriors within the current Macross timeline at least this is what I get from it, but it dose seem they have mostly discounted SDF-1 for DYRL which if true is a shame altho if they spin it as government propaganda I could easily by into them using DYRL and discounting SDF-1.... if that makes any sense...

oy vay I need a new translator mew zippy speak has fried another one LOL
Closed Thread

Tags
speculation, spoilers