AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Macross

Closed Thread

Old 2008-08-01, 05:58   Link #1101
CaptGloval
New Macross soon

What I read in the AiA-IZ subs--and it was emphasized, by the way--that fold dislocation was the limit of Protoculture's technology itself. Maybe they had almost found the solution using the Vajra, but their civilization collapsed before they could put it in good use. To be able to finish the Protoculture's research on this could be what Grace's faction is bragging about.

This does not discount the earlier post that what the Protoculture failed to achieve was peace and unity. I also think this is the deeper take on the goal of shrinking the galaxy by removing fold dislocations.
Old 2008-08-01, 06:53   Link #1102
ReddyRedWolf

Actually fold dislocation and energy consumption is the limit of fold technology of all Protoculture derived civilizations.

That means us, Zentradi and Zolan. Or any other world with miclones, as the teacher said 14 worlds were believed to have Protoculture influence.

That makes Earth, Zola, Lux, Varauta, New Asia etc.

The rest should be around the region Macross 7, Macross 5 and Megaroad 13 were colonizing as Exedol said the Protoculture used to live in that region.
Old 2008-08-01, 13:07   Link #1103
ipernorris

Protoculture derived civilizations is different than Protoculture civilization...

EDIT:
In episode 17 we've met Ai-kun in an unexpected place:

So it is a Vajra after all...
And Ai-kun is inside a comand console type of window... I hope the Vajra aren't just a bunch of biological weapons commanded remotely by a computer desktop...

EDIT 2:
Mr Graces aims at something beyond the galactic control... wow that dude is quite ambitious. I think their ultimate target is istant travel through the universe.

Last edited by ipernorris; 2008-08-02 at 10:52.
Old 2008-08-04, 09:41   Link #1104
squaresphere
Macross Lifer!

I think I know how Nanase is gonna play out in the later eps. She's Ai-kun's foil!

Seriously, they don't like each other and she's aware of his existence. Once the knowledge of what the baby vajra look like (a matter of time considering all those eggs), then I bet Nanase will look to get rid of Ai-Kun without Ranka knowing.

I mean if it got out that Ranka was raising a Varja on the ship it would ruin her career. The situation would force Ranaka into deeper thinking and therefore we get the love love singfest that will lead to eventual peace with the Vajra.
Old 2008-08-05, 12:01   Link #1105
NaweG
Just some guy

Any hints there may be a second season yet? Seeing some of the latest scenes with Leon and Grace, I'm tempted to think they might end things at a dark, seemingly hopeless place, to be picked up and redeemed in a second season. But perhaps a happy ending is closer than I think?
Old 2008-08-05, 14:03   Link #1106
Wesley84

Quote:
Originally Posted by squaresphere View Post
I think I know how Nanase is gonna play out in the later eps. She's Ai-kun's foil!

Seriously, they don't like each other and she's aware of his existence. Once the knowledge of what the baby vajra look like (a matter of time considering all those eggs), then I bet Nanase will look to get rid of Ai-Kun without Ranka knowing.

I mean if it got out that Ranka was raising a Varja on the ship it would ruin her career. The situation would force Ranaka into deeper thinking and therefore we get the love love singfest that will lead to eventual peace with the Vajra.
What are you talking about? Nanase fed him. That puts her on a pedestal just below that of Ranka in his eyes.
Old 2008-08-05, 15:01   Link #1107
squaresphere
Macross Lifer!

ehrr... well at least Nanase doesn't like him
Old 2008-08-05, 15:12   Link #1108
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaweG View Post
Any hints there may be a second season yet? Seeing some of the latest scenes with Leon and Grace, I'm tempted to think they might end things at a dark, seemingly hopeless place, to be picked up and redeemed in a second season. But perhaps a happy ending is closer than I think?
Nobody knows. There is some speculation that the series got an extension for this season, due to lengths of the DVDs as advertised on Amazon, but that could as well be an error on their part.

My personal supposition goes towards a second season, because of the way they seem to have put the Ranka X Alto part of the romance on the backburner lately, emphasizing how Ranka is still a little girl, etc..

Which could well be a postponement of that part of the story for a season 2, where we could get a grown-up Ranka, something which could make a sizable part of the audience less uncomfortable with a prospective romance.

Well have to see how the Sheryl X Alto part of the romance continues. If they de-emphasize it, also, then Id say a second season goes into the realm of the definitely possible.
Old 2008-08-06, 09:46   Link #1109
Westlo
Lets be reality

Paper 2k1 posted scans from the latest newtype and translated the name for episode 22.

http://pds9.egloos.com/pds/200808/06...9a5f3eaadf.jpg

Kresphy already typed it out in Japanese, I think he's working on English translation right now.

Spoiler for Episode Titles for 20-22:

Also here's 3 scans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paper2k1
http://pds9.egloos.com/pds/200808/06/50/c0052350_48999adbd8a01.jpg
Ranka, A big star is born

http://pds6.egloos.com/pds/200808/06...998d6217c3.jpg
Macross Frontier new opening animation image

http://pds6.egloos.com/pds/200808/06...998c074afc.jpg
pinup poster.... Sheryl and Ranka!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 2008-08-06, 09:50   Link #1110
squaresphere
Macross Lifer!

OMG BATTLE 25! maybe

http://pds6.egloos.com/pds/200808/06...998d6217c3.jpg

left side below the Ranaka Sheryl pic
Old 2008-08-06, 09:51   Link #1111
Westlo
Lets be reality

Battle 25 to arm wrestle Battle Galaxy in the final episode while screaming each others name

GALAXY!!!!!!!!!
FRONTIER!!!!!!!!!

See you next season.

Edit - Running those synopsis's through babelfish... I think...

Spoiler:
Old 2008-08-06, 10:26   Link #1112
Darial
Otaku in disguise

Many thanks to kresphy at MW for the raw synopsis and paper2k1 for the September 2008 Newtype (NT) Scan. Here's my quick and dirty translation of 19-22.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Darial; 2008-08-06 at 10:38.
Old 2008-08-06, 12:22   Link #1113
glyph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2008-08-06, 13:19   Link #1114
stray
aniki

Send a message via AIM to stray
We neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed a 2nd season...
Old 2008-08-06, 13:49   Link #1115
lone_wolf
bike mechanic onna

Quote:
Originally Posted by glyph View Post
Spoiler:

I'm really counting on Nanase biting the dust.

Anyhow, this really pisses me off....cramming so much into just a few episodes....this is SOOOOOO typical of Yoshino Hiroyuki's screen composition work. He's got an unimpressive track record.

Yoshino-san did this with Mai Otome/Mai Otome Zwei by leaving so many plotholes. And I wouldn't be surprised if he contracted another Sunrise screen composition writer to assist.

--Lone Wolf
一匹狼

Projekt MUSE is Back! Girls, Guns, Mecha and More!
http://www.projektmuse.com/

Lone Wolf's World of Popculture Goodies
Latest news on Comics, Manga, Anime, Video Game, Etc...
http://www.lw-concepts.com/lw
Old 2008-08-06, 14:41   Link #1116
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by stray View Post
We neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed a 2nd season...
Brains... I need BRAINS! <zombie shuffle>

Yeah, I need a second season also. I need my Macross fix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lone_wolf View Post
I'm really counting on Nanase biting the dust.

Anyhow, this really pisses me off....cramming so much into just a few episodes....this is SOOOOOO typical of Yoshino Hiroyuki's screen composition work. He's got an unimpressive track record.

Yoshino-san did this with Mai Otome/Mai Otome Zwei by leaving so many plotholes. And I wouldn't be surprised if he contracted another Sunrise screen composition writer to assist.

--Lone Wolf
一匹狼
So far Ive found the plotting to be very impressive. But I concur that this probably needs more episodes to be resolved.

An Extension/second season, something.
Old 2008-08-06, 14:57   Link #1117
lone_wolf
bike mechanic onna

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Brains... I need BRAINS! <zombie shuffle>

Yeah, I need a second season also. I need my Macross fix.

So far Ive found the plotting to be very impressive. But I concur that this probably needs more episodes to be resolved.

An Extension/second season, something.

The plotting itself is grand, so I'll agree but Yoshino-san tends to get too carried away and forget about amount of alloted episodes (whatever the number is).

Although I will say this...he's got this knack for partially redeeming himself at the midnight hour (or rather the last 2 episodes LOL)

--Lone Wolf
一匹狼

Projekt MUSE is Back! Girls, Guns, Mecha and More!
http://www.projektmuse.com/

Lone Wolf's World of Popculture Goodies
Latest news on Comics, Manga, Anime, Video Game, Etc...
http://www.lw-concepts.com/lw
Old 2008-08-06, 15:02   Link #1118
stray
aniki

Send a message via AIM to stray
I think there was one interview with Kawamori (might be the one on gabrielarobin.com with him and Kanno?) where he said things would really pick up 3/5 (really interesting fraction, btw) of the way through the series?

Not that I can say anything bad about 15-17, but... we're at or beyond the 3/5 mark of a 25 or 28 episode series, and as great as 17 was as a character exposition on Ozma... either Kawamori was talking out of his ass, or there's alot more show than we think there is.

ep 30-31 (of 52) as the start of the Frontier vs. Galaxy arc, anyone?

I can dream, can't I...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lone_wolf View Post
Although I will say this...he's got this knack for partially redeeming himself at the midnight hour (or rather the last 2 episodes LOL)
With the amount of time they've spent setting things up though, I just don't see how 2 episodes can do things justice. I guess they could be the most intense 48 minutes I've seen in my life though.
Old 2008-08-06, 15:30   Link #1119
Tak
☭ автомат Калашникова ☭

I thought the pacing was great. Its not too crammed at all. We've seen a lot of twist and turns since the prior episodes, and they've all been allotted rather evenly, so I am not too worried.

But I highly doubt we'd see a second season. I mean... another 20+ episodes of what, exactly, are we looking for?

- Tak (Although somebody might bite the dust in 21 ~ 22, but we shall see)

World of Tanks/Planes: Tankers, Pilots, Sailors! JOIN US!!

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
Old 2008-08-06, 15:33   Link #1120
squaresphere
Macross Lifer!

I really wouldn't want the show to go past 30-32 eps. The pacing would suffer too much.
Closed Thread

Tags
speculation, spoilers