AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Old 2008-04-23, 18:00   Link #21
Fipskuul
τηε πιγητ ωατςη

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurik View Post
hmmm, I think you are jumping the gun too fast, first of, it was never stated that the Uchihas could not overpower the senju clan (remember we are talking about the clan as a whole and not about individuals), they just combined forces for a common goal, or at least that is what I understand.
For me, after talking about Uchiha suppressing every other clan, and then, joining with Senju, suggests that Uchiha didn't want to fight a battle that would decide no winner or winner with no power left. That is if they have never fought before. If they fought and joined after observing each other's power would suggest again a similar kind of conclusion. They are both strong and at or around equal levels.

Quote:
Also, the part about not surviving, we have to see, it could be what I have been saying about been a rare ability (and one on the brink of extinction), thus only by that time 3 or 4 users existed, whereas the Uchihas DNA was strong enough to pass the Shairgan info to its descendants, or maybe there was one really big war, were all of the Mokuton users were killed, surviving only Shodaime…
That is the part I don't like. Too many ifs just to reach a simple conclusion that would have easily been managed by creating other strong users with that ability that would make us believe that what he is (supposedly) telling is credible, at the least making another member of Tsunade's family carrying that ability.

Can you imagine at maybe the height of Senju's power, their bloodline ability is depleted with their last leader? Whereas, Uchiha surviving and achieving this with a lot of bloodline carrying members. Maybe not thousand, but at least tens.
Fipskuul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-23, 18:23   Link #22
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
so... how many more months would it be before we stop hearing about the Uchihas?
Until the manga ends assuming there is no spin-off.
Then again if you didn't get it by now whereas the Sharingan and the Uchiha have been the only driving force of the story along with Naruto becoming Hokage/saving Sasuke it seems doubtful you are ever going to understand.

Anyway the spoiler about Madara and Shodai is the real one.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-23, 19:25   Link #23
neji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem View Post
That seems to be false, from all we have heard wood was strictly a first hokage move not a clan capability.
Lol I personally don't believe it just posted what I found.

Edit: whoop[s never mind seems to be confirmed now.
neji-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-23, 19:33   Link #24
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fipskuul View Post
Can you imagine at maybe the height of Senju's power, their bloodline ability is depleted with their last leader? Whereas, Uchiha surviving and achieving this with a lot of bloodline carrying members. Maybe not thousand, but at least tens.
Well, there could be a great deal of environmental issues involved (i.e. mothers are the carrier of a great deal of "our" genetic information, maybe a lot of the Senju women died off, or maybe only sons were born, etc.). Or, it can be as simple as elemental bloodlines are much harder to "pass on" than body bloodlines (such as a doujutsu). What we do know is that doujutsu clans have always had a great many bloodline inheritors, but all of the elemental affinity bloodlines have a relatively low number of inheritors (this can be seen from conversations involving Haku, third Kazekage, and the Shodai). So, in the end, the lack of Wood users is not that strange.

Last edited by james0246; 2008-04-23 at 19:45.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-23, 20:05   Link #25
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by james3wk View Post
What we do know is that doujutsu clans have always had a great many bloodline inheritors, but all of the elemental affinity bloodlines have a relatively low number of inheritors (this can be seen from conversations involving Haku, third Kazekage, and the Shodai). So, in the end, the lack of Wood users is not that strange.
I thought Haku's bloodline wasn't scarce due so much to the fact that the ability was rarely inherited but the fact that the Mist village killed off people with the bloodline and those that did have it (like Haku's mother) hid it in fear of being hunted. On the other hand, Rinnegan is a doujutsu so rare that appears to be regarded as a myth by most shinobi.

Anyhoo, Any guesses as to why Madara is beginning his explanation of Itachi with the founding of Konoha?

Maybe he's going to try to play spin doctor and make Shodai seem like the bad guy, someone who was corrupt and took advantage of the Uchiha Clan. And the noble Uchiha Madara had no choice but face him in battle (for the good of the clan, of course) but failed. Would Sasuke actually fall for that?

Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-23, 20:05   Link #26
Mizugetsu

Quote:
third Kazekage
his wasn't a Bloodline Limit it was merely a technique only ever inherent to him and has never been copied or passed on it was in no way a bloodline limit

Half of Writing History is Hiding the Truth
Mizugetsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-23, 20:30   Link #27
9TailsOfDestruction
Taicho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
No more about the Uchiha Clan, please God I'm begging you. For a group that now only has two members left, they get too much attention. Where the heck is the stuff about people we actually care about? Well, Madara is cool, but Sasuke.... well, you can guess that my opinion of him is not good.

Your avatar is insane, awesome man !!!!
Old 2008-04-23, 20:33   Link #28
Fipskuul
τηε πιγητ ωατςη

Quote:
Originally Posted by james3wk View Post
What we do know is that doujutsu clans have always had a great many bloodline inheritors, but all of the elemental affinity bloodlines have a relatively low number of inheritors (this can be seen from conversations involving Haku, third Kazekage, and the Shodai). So, in the end, the lack of Wood users is not that strange.
Shodai's clan is a clan of wood users, a clan that is strong enough to withstand the great Uchiha clan. This clan does not seem to be among the set of the crappiest of the crappiest bloodline ones like Haku's or Kimimaro's. The successors of that clan have survived till today without losing a lot in their strength over the years.

And, I have never heard a clan of magnetic sand users. So the comparison regarding sand's 3rd kazekage cannot reach and go beyond what you can think of a valid discussion starting point based on the non-existent information we have on him.
Old 2008-04-23, 20:46   Link #29
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Send a message via AIM to HayashiTakara
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
Until the manga ends assuming there is no spin-off.
Then again if you didn't get it by now whereas the Sharingan and the Uchiha have been the only driving force of the story along with Naruto becoming Hokage/saving Sasuke it seems doubtful you are ever going to understand.

Anyway the spoiler about Madara and Shodai is the real one.
Yeah... I know... I'm just starting to wonder why this series is called Naruto and not Sasuke.. or Uchiha
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-23, 20:50   Link #30
tatami
back in black

so konoha was evil from the start eh? all hail akatsuki now...
Old 2008-04-23, 20:51   Link #31
Slave0fLife
O_O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
Anyhoo, Any guesses as to why Madara is beginning his explanation of Itachi with the founding of Konoha?

Maybe he's going to try to play spin doctor and make Shodai seem like the bad guy, someone who was corrupt and took advantage of the Uchiha Clan. And the noble Uchiha Madara had no choice but face him in battle (for the good of the clan, of course) but failed. Would Sasuke actually fall for that?

I would find it interesting if Kishimoto pulled up a story in which both sides had good intentions, but different view points, and so one tried to kill off the other as a "ends justify the means" kind of thing - these situations are more interesting to discuss and think about, since there is no absolutely wrong or right side.
I could compare it to a Death Note kind of scenario, in which I agree with both sides (the "kill the bad guys" and the "you don't have the right to say what is right or wrong as if you were a god"), but I don't think Kishimoto would pull that off.
Slave0fLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-23, 21:08   Link #32
Deidara_Bang
Art is a Bang

Quote:
Originally Posted by naruto89 View Post
No, more like he's at the bottom of a swamp or whateva
Pa-toad is currently returning to the head sage to pass on the code that jiraya left.
correct, last we saw of his body, it was sinkin down into the water, pa booked it before pain nailed is ass
Deidara_Bang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-23, 21:18   Link #33
james0246

Quote:
And, I have never heard a clan of magnetic sand users. So the comparison regarding sand's 3rd kazekage cannot reach and go beyond what you can think of a valid discussion starting point based on the non-existent information we have on him.
LOL, you do not have to be in a clan to have a bloodline, it is simply a mutation, a strange one, but still a mutation none the less. I will agree that the Iron-Sand Techniques are questionable as a bloodline trait (i.e. if they are a combination of Earth and Lightning), but it is a strong possibility. Besides that, any commments regarding the Iron-Sand techniques has nothing to do with my main point concerning the Senju and the Uchiha, so I am not sure why others are griping about the brief comparisson.

---

besides all that, Madara telling Sasuke of the history of Konoha seems a little...irrelevant. Oh well, at least we get to see if Shodai really did defeat Madara are not (please, oh please, let a non-Uchiha be able to defeat an Uchiha.)

Last edited by james0246; 2008-04-23 at 21:36.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-23, 21:38   Link #34
Fipskuul
τηε πιγητ ωατςη

If Madara's evil plans have started during the establishment of Konoha, then Konoha's history becomes very important since we can learn highly critical information about Madara, his clan's relationship to Kyuubi and other sacred creatures, or whatever, and how Madara became the way he is right now. Of course that is just the first few about Madara. There should be a lot to say on the other founding members and clans of Konoha, who may also have a decisive impact on Madara and the other negligible members of the Uchiha clan.
Old 2008-04-23, 22:22   Link #35
ace_TZ
Logical Insanity

What now?

Sasuke follows Madara

Sasuke follows itachi's path/plan

Sasuke follows naruto, maybe after some hardknock from him

either way sasuke more or less can't choose his own way(path) to sort out the uchiha's destiny since he lacks power to bring down madara on his own.
In the end, Mr. Reality will come and pour a bucket of cold water over these chatterers, showing them up as mere windbags Who want to get things on the cheap, to have gains without pains ... There is no magic short-cut.
Mao Tse-tung
ace_TZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-23, 22:28   Link #36
Lunarskylar

awww i liked the shunsui story
it had the wtf factor that would have spawned 23 pages to controversy and flaming and boastful commetns from LoU
oh well, shodai and Co. will have to do
Old 2008-04-23, 22:48   Link #37
Deidara_Bang
Art is a Bang

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace_TZ View Post
What now?

Sasuke follows Madara

Sasuke follows itachi's path/plan

Sasuke follows naruto, maybe after some hardknock from him

either way sasuke more or less can't choose his own way(path) to sort out the uchiha's destiny since he lacks power to bring down madara on his own.
in sasukes current state he cant bring anyone down heh

madara will probably use sasuke for "the machine" im bettin cause of his eyes. itachi was probably the first candidate buuuut his eyes were failing so they got a spare.
w/e i hope sasuke dies.....hebi too Kisame FTW!!!
Deidara_Bang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-24, 00:17   Link #38
Rurik
Golden

Quote:

That I do understand, the writer not been fair enough and extinguish the Mokuton bloodline whereas the Sharingan trait was passed on with no problem.

However, and there is no real point to go around in this as we already talked about it before, is that for me, I find more credible that there were more users in mokuton besides Shodai, than just Shodai been the only one with this ability in the entire history.

Either way, Is the spoiler that talked about the Senju clan as the Clan of the wood ability the one that was confirmed as real?
Old 2008-04-24, 01:28   Link #39
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Frenchie
Hunter said it was.

As for how unfair it is, I don't think that's the point. As shown with Haku, the First, and perhaps the Iron-Sand, it is possible that element bloodlines rely on fragile mutation genes.

The fact that doujutsus relying on eye bloodlines seem to prosper certainly seems like an indication that eye-related bloodlines seem to be a dominant part of the genetic code.

Body bloodlines such as Sakon's and Kimimaro's seem to be just as fragile as element-bloodlines.
Frenchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-24, 01:30   Link #40
Kagerou
"Begin, the operation!"
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Kagerou
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiroInazuma View Post
I think he might be doing a bleach
...damnit, are we still in Soul Society? :3