AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Macross

View Poll Results: Macross Frontier - Episode 04 Rating
Perfect 10 40 37.04%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 44 40.74%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 20 18.52%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 1.85%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.93%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.93%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-05-02, 20:22   Link #121
Onizuka-GTO
Shinobi Product Designer
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Leeds, UK
Age: 31
Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO Send a message via Skype™ to Onizuka-GTO
strangely i don't really care about how "flawed" the characters look in Macross, as long as they are recognisable, that'll do me.

on the other hand, i'll probably be just as "anal" as kaioshin is about the art,

if the singing, the Valkyries and the general mechanical backdrop of the ships was off.

Then again, the dammn shou- ah.


......

anyway.....

Singing? check.

Robot/Valkyries? Check.

interactive background/ships/vending machines/buttons/shelters? check, check aaaannnnnnnddd check.

= Me Decultured.

__________________
Onizuka-GTO is offline  
Old 2008-05-02, 20:28   Link #122
Kaioshin Sama
Banned
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Neither Here nor There
Age: 29
Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO View Post
strangely i don't really care about how "flawed" the characters look in Macross, as long as they are recognisable, that'll do me.

on the other hand, i'll probably be just as "anal" as kaioshin is about the art,

if the singing, the Valkyries and the general mechanical backdrop of the ships was off.

Then again, the dammn shou- ah.


......

anyway.....

Singing? check.

Robot/Valkyries? Check.

interactive background/ships/vending machines/buttons/shelters? check, check aaaannnnnnnddd check.

= Me Decultured.

Well it's probably only one episode, so I'm not terribly anal. I expect things to be back to normal next episode which judging by RC it looks likely. Still when I'm looking at a single episode I kind of have to take all things into account. The problem was that this episode there were frequently shots that weren't even up to the standard of the characters minimalist designs, which I take no issue with. It's the inconsistencies between shots that were the problems. Take Katherine Glass' entrance scene as an example where the organizer is flattering her. Look at how she blushes and then look at the very next scene and you'll see the difference. That's the prime example, but there were others. The whole episode was pretty inconsistant overall.

At least the mecha combat made up for it, because it was nothing short of stunning. I especially liked the loop de loop heart that was timed right to the moment the line was spoken in Ranka's song. Excellent choreagraphy there.
Kaioshin Sama is offline  
Old 2008-05-02, 20:57   Link #123
Onizuka-GTO
Shinobi Product Designer
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Leeds, UK
Age: 31
Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO Send a message via Skype™ to Onizuka-GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
The problem was that this episode there were frequently shots that weren't even up to the standard of the characters minimalist designs, which I take no issue with. It's the inconsistencies between shots that were the problems. Take Katherine Glass' entrance scene as an example where the organizer is flattering her. Look at how she blushes and then look at the very next scene and you'll see the difference. That's the prime example, but there were others. The whole episode was pretty inconsistant overall.

*sigh*

Yes yes....I get the picture.

*deskplam face*


__________________
Onizuka-GTO is offline  
Old 2008-05-02, 20:58   Link #124
Westlo
Lets be reality
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
And I'll say your wrong if we are talking about character art, which we are I think.
Than say character art instead of character animation, I'll also like to see what you make of Noein episode 12 after your post above. Who cares about consistency when you can get amazing stuff like the dock battle in Noein 12.
Westlo is offline  
Old 2008-05-02, 21:27   Link #125
Kaioshin Sama
Banned
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Neither Here nor There
Age: 29
Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Than say character art instead of character animation, I'll also like to see what you make of Noein episode 12 after your post above. Who cares about consistency when you can get amazing stuff like the dock battle in Noein 12.
What the heck is Noein?
Kaioshin Sama is offline  
Old 2008-05-03, 03:51   Link #126
Onizuka-GTO
Shinobi Product Designer
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Leeds, UK
Age: 31
Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO Send a message via Skype™ to Onizuka-GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
What the heck is Noein?
Think Bokurano, but without the Multiverse mecha death match.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noein
__________________
Onizuka-GTO is offline  
Old 2008-05-03, 08:47   Link #127
Westlo
Lets be reality
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
What the heck is Noein?
A 2005 show by Studio Satelight directed by Kazuki Akane (you should know who that is) that was unfairly considered to have"bad animation" because it had inconsistent character designs even though the actual animation is amazing and still superior to most shows released after it. I'm surprised you haven't seen it since aside from the lack of mecha this show is probably right up your alley. Youtube "Noein dock battle".
Westlo is offline  
Old 2008-05-08, 12:50   Link #128
CaptGloval
New Macross soon
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Macross 30 Emigration Fleet
Anyone noticed that the Red Vajra's main gun sounds like the main gun of Zentraedi capital ships? At least that's what I heard when it was firing on Klan.
CaptGloval is offline  
Old 2008-05-08, 15:54   Link #129
Wesley84
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptGloval View Post
Anyone noticed that the Red Vajra's main gun sounds like the main gun of Zentraedi capital ships? At least that's what I heard when it was firing on Klan.
Does it have the same kick?
Wesley84 is offline  
Old 2008-05-08, 19:45   Link #130
CaptGloval
New Macross soon
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Macross 30 Emigration Fleet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley84 View Post
Does it have the same kick?
You mean destructive firepower? About the same I think, a well-aimed shot could destroy a fleet gunboat.
CaptGloval is offline  
Old 2008-05-11, 12:51   Link #131
Onizuka-GTO
Shinobi Product Designer
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Leeds, UK
Age: 31
Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO Send a message via Skype™ to Onizuka-GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptGloval View Post
You mean destructive firepower? About the same I think, a well-aimed shot could destroy a fleet gunboat.
Then inthat case, it's not the same as the Macross Gunship cannon.

Since one single shot in a vague direction, can wipe out thousands of ships.......without even hitting any of them directly.

The weapons on the Red Vajra are certainly anti-ship, but it's the equvilent to a 40mm autocannon on a Infantry Fighting Vehicle.

It has anti-armour rounds, designed to "defeat" Main Battle Tanks, (usually with a 4 shot salvo burst )
so when it meets anything less then a M.B.T it's more or less capable to take them on,
But taking on a M.B.T in reality, one on one is more risky.
The weapon is proven, but unless you can hit it in a vital spot, or have all your rounds hit, it's not going to stop the tank from hitting you with a one hit kill.

But the Macross Cannon is like putting a 120mm cannon on to a I.F.V, the same weapon that a Tank use.

so when it comes up to a M.B.T its got a weapon that can take it out...and some more.
__________________
Onizuka-GTO is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:49.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.