AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-07-27, 18:09   Link #41
David L

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Anyone else have a problem with the torrent?

"Invalid path. Can't access folder."
David L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-27, 18:33   Link #42
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

I haven't seen this amount of suckage since... I dunno... Dragonaut? But at least there they have better animated fight scenes, but here? O_o

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-27, 21:08   Link #43
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Another title aimed for Western audiences by Sony. OP and ED is in English.

Saw ep. 1 subbed finally. I don't see what the big deal is with the nudity. It's more part of the background and not really sexual. She's basically an object with no sense of modesty (a darker version of Rei) and not a living being. She has no future. Her past is shitty and her present isn't the best thing in the world either. She only lives for vengeance.

Violet is in the same boat as Claire from Claymore and Guts from Beserk. Also, has a bit of Blade Runner in it too with the take of a dark future with clones of limited lifespans which means that the society has very little respect for human life or privacy.

I hope to see Gun Kata animated.
Old 2008-07-27, 22:45   Link #44
Ryo.Massaki

After reading the comments, i was expecting a huge trainwreck. But for me it doesnt seems to be that bad.
Of course all the previous noted critics are valid, but that doesnt destroy the series. I found the color sheme very appealing, the animation sure wasnt top notch, but at least there was something animated 80% of all time. Characterdesigns are quite 80 style (which isn't bad in my book) and the music/sound was adequate.
I ll take that incredibly anachronistic trash everytime over some incredible stupid moeblob brainwashing or the 1001st cute emo kid is piloting a mecha to safe the world from huge aliens-shit.
That beeing sad, i don't conisider it a masterpiece or so, but it definatly has some entertaining values. I will watch some more episodes, out of morbid curiosity, then i will lay my judgment upon it.
Ryo.Massaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-28, 08:12   Link #45
orion

I don't think that the animation is bad. I think that we have not perfect copies to view which can't be helped. Being a dark title, it probably won't show its full potential until its DVD release and Blu-ray release.

But then again everything pales in comparison to Xam'd.
Old 2008-07-28, 08:15   Link #46
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

At the very least, it's way better than that trainwreck of a movie. Also, Madhouse has a recent tendency to make everything too dark, especially when there's blood involved (Claymore had some like that. Devil May Cry was egregious in turning everything to black so you can't see any of the blood).

I think it's pretty serviceable. It's not amazing, but it's definitely not godawful.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-28, 08:32   Link #47
orion

Does this remind you guys of film noir?
Old 2008-07-28, 15:32   Link #48
edwscs38

There seems to be a problem with the torrent. I cannot download it. Does anyone know what is wrong?
edwscs38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-28, 17:11   Link #49
David L

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwscs38 View Post
There seems to be a problem with the torrent. I cannot download it. Does anyone know what is wrong?
I have repeated problems until I removed the colon : in the file name path. It now seems to be downloading.
David L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-29, 13:37   Link #50
edwscs38

Thank you, that did work. But now I seem to have trouble playing the video. It plays very slowly and often freezes. Could anyone recommend a good software to watch this with?
Old 2008-07-29, 14:02   Link #51
Nenkitsune
Ive been MikuCaramellized

Send a message via AIM to Nenkitsune Send a message via Yahoo to Nenkitsune
I use MPC to watch mp4's but it could be your system is lacking? I remember with my OLD 1ghz P3 box, it would have a very hard time watching video's at 1280x720 (720p I suppose)
Nenkitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-30, 12:09   Link #52
edwscs38

Any way to prevent my system from lagging?
Old 2008-07-31, 07:17   Link #53
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Ok after reading everyones post here i decided to check out Ultraviolet for myself. I hate to say it but for me it was baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaddddd. I hated the dialog even the music the animation was ok but not that great either fight scenes MEH!. This was just poorly done imo. Its obvious that this series is geared towards western audiences but i dont think it would take off here. It just was not fun to watch maybe other will like it but for me 1 episode was enough to seal its fate. Been a while since iv seen such suckage.
Old 2008-07-31, 07:27   Link #54
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Too damn dark. Made it hard to see what was happening, and if you can't see the action, what's the point?

Other than that... meh. Not bad. Not good. Need more data.

(Also, why would 44 want revenge? What did she ever have to lose?)
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-31, 08:08   Link #55
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Too damn dark. Made it hard to see what was happening, and if you can't see the action, what's the point?

Other than that... meh. Not bad. Not good. Need more data.

(Also, why would 44 want revenge? What did she ever have to lose?)
See thats what the hell i was talking about. She was injected with the virus at age 14 didnt have family and has been a agent ever since. i couldnt comprahend the revenge point they kept hammering home and your right Anh Minh way too dark i have a big screen and at times i still couldnt see well.
Old 2008-07-31, 08:10   Link #56
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Did she state she wanted revenge? I don't remember.

She said she had something to finish before dying, but she could simply want her short life to have a meaning or somesuch.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-31, 08:49   Link #57
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Did she state she wanted revenge? I don't remember.

She said she had something to finish before dying, but she could simply want her short life to have a meaning or somesuch.
I couldnt quite make out everything she said because to me the dialog was just horrible. She basically said a little bit more then she can rest but she cant die yet because she doesnt want to leave things undone. What she has to do remains to be seen. I dont understand her motives.
Old 2008-08-02, 09:43   Link #58
Crontica

not so good responses i see. hope they pick up the plot. the art reminds me of Wild Flower series. too realistic to the point of weirdness.
Old 2008-08-02, 12:48   Link #59
mdauben

Thumbs down Ultraviolet: Code Fail

I'm another who was disappointed in the first episode. Substandard art, animation, voice acting and story. I honestly can't think of anything that was done well. It's really going to have to majorly improve to get me to watch any more.
Old 2008-08-02, 13:15   Link #60
Edgewalker
Nani ?

This could have been better, but I'd watch this over the other moefail shit thats airing this season ( **cough** sekirei **cough** ) any day.
Edgewalker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action