AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Monogatari Series

Notices

Old 2010-10-24, 11:18   Link #2281
Kunagisa
赤緑黒白

I thought the general consensus is that Kizu is probably going to be in OVA format for lack of content, so that can come out whenever SHAFT has the manpower to work on it. I'm more worried about Sket than anything. Being a long ass SJ series I wonder how many seasons it would be, and how much time SHAFT is going to sink into it.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-24, 11:34   Link #2282
sirn
レス乞食

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
Sket Dance thread and it seems that Sket will be animated by Shaft in April and contains 26 episodes.
This is just my opinion, but I think the staff list on 2ch thread is purely speculation. (Look at the date!) Current Shaft is pretty much incapable of producing 26-episodes series, and they seems to cut all their ties with Kanemaki Ken'ichi after the first Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei. (e.g. he no longer involved in any Shaft anime, his position in Pani Poni Dash OVA was replaced by Takayama Katsuhiko.)

The only thing I heard about Kizu is "not soon". Never heard anything about Soremachi 2, even Shinbo said "I would organize the story in linear order if this were planned for 26-episodes", so I don't think they have any plan to do a second season. This is not Starchild or TV Tokyo either, so "separated two-seasons" is out of question.
sirn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-24, 14:48   Link #2283
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirn View Post
This is just my opinion, but I think the staff list on 2ch thread is purely speculation. (Look at the date!) Current Shaft is pretty much incapable of producing 26-episodes series, and they seems to cut all their ties with Kanemaki Ken'ichi after the first Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei. (e.g. he no longer involved in any Shaft anime, his position in Pani Poni Dash OVA was replaced by Takayama Katsuhiko.)

The only thing I heard about Kizu is "not soon". Never heard anything about Soremachi 2, even Shinbo said "I would organize the story in linear order if this were planned for 26-episodes", so I don't think they have any plan to do a second season. This is not Starchild or TV Tokyo either, so "separated two-seasons" is out of question.
Yeah, what you say make sense. When I first heard that Shaft was doing Sket I was skeptical too because that doesn't sound like something they would do. I was just thinking that Sket is kinda like Zetsubou in that they are both weekly so they can be treated the same way and that Shaft had 2 coured seasons before too.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-02, 21:51   Link #2284
Blayne Barudorii

Whats the name of that typical anime hat brand?

specifically what kind of hat is this, I want one:

- "I used to think spells equaled power, too. Back when I was alive... You know what equals power? Power equals power. Crazy huh? ... If you can lose it by blowing two will saves then you never had power to begin with." - Xykon's much needed Hannibal Lecture to Varsuvius.

If your interested in an Oots style avatar please feel free to PM me and we can work out the details then.

Last edited by Blayne Barudorii; 2010-12-02 at 22:08.
Blayne Barudorii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-03, 00:54   Link #2285
Yuno
Balanced Diet

Send a message via Skype™ to Yuno
I'm sorry, I had written a reply to you, but your post got moved just as I posted. So my post to you was lost. However, I strongly feel that the hat you are speaking of is a Newsboy Cap.

Other possible suggestions:
- Coppola
- Deerstalker's Cap (Or Sherlock Cap)
- Welder's Cap

Each of these hats have come into style in the recent ten years and have undergone slight changes. Hopefully you can find the hat from this.
Yuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-03, 10:50   Link #2286
Blayne Barudorii

Thanks mate!
- "I used to think spells equaled power, too. Back when I was alive... You know what equals power? Power equals power. Crazy huh? ... If you can lose it by blowing two will saves then you never had power to begin with." - Xykon's much needed Hannibal Lecture to Varsuvius.

If your interested in an Oots style avatar please feel free to PM me and we can work out the details then.
Blayne Barudorii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-03, 22:34   Link #2287
Yuno
Balanced Diet

Send a message via Skype™ to Yuno
You're most welcome, I hope you shall find the hat that you look for and enjoy wearing it~
Yuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-04, 17:18   Link #2288
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

I don't know if this has been said but there are special avatars for the Korean online game Latale featuring Nisio characters.
http://www.latale.jp/special/nisioisin/
Old 2010-12-09, 08:30   Link #2289
Miyuki-ism
Corpse in Pieces

Send a message via MSN to Miyuki-ism Send a message via Skype™ to Miyuki-ism
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...-due-to-health

So this guy does the music for Bakemonogatari too? I hope he gets better before it's time for Kizumonogatari.
Old 2010-12-09, 09:06   Link #2290
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miyuki-ism View Post
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...-due-to-health

So this guy does the music for Bakemonogatari too? I hope he gets better before it's time for Kizumonogatari.
Yea he did the music for all five themes so this is actually a pretty big blow. Shaft has like four series going on right now so Kizu might not come in the near future. When the show was first announced I thought that it'll be in Summer or Fall of 2011 but now it seems it'll be at least 2012.
Old 2010-12-14, 12:46   Link #2291
Nikkunemu

Quote:
Yea he did the music for all five themes so this is actually a pretty big blow. Shaft has like four series going on right now so Kizu might not come in the near future. When the show was first announced I thought that it'll be in Summer or Fall of 2011 but now it seems it'll be at least 2012.
where do you get the information about the release date/year?

damn.. 2012 is just too long too wait
Nikkunemu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-14, 13:13   Link #2292
Miyuki-ism
Corpse in Pieces

Send a message via MSN to Miyuki-ism Send a message via Skype™ to Miyuki-ism
Yea I dunno, SHAFT is once again taking on a lot of projects. I hope they don't pull another episode 10. Although I am excited for Maria Holic 2.
Old 2010-12-14, 15:03   Link #2293
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikkunemu View Post
where do you get the information about the release date/year?

damn.. 2012 is just too long too wait :eyes spin:
I was just using common sense. Mahou is coming out next month and Denpa is coming in April. Maria is unaccounted for but likely April or July. Legend has it that Soredemo has a season 2. Kizu at the earliest is July but probably in Sep or Jan 11.
Old 2010-12-14, 19:58   Link #2294
Konakaga
Yuri Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Konakaga Send a message via Skype™ to Konakaga
Quote:
I was just using common sense. Mahou is coming out next month and Denpa is coming in April. Maria is unaccounted for but likely April or July. Legend has it that Soredemo has a season 2. Kizu at the earliest is July but probably in Sep or Jan 11.
Why the hell are these random new shaft shows with unknown DVD sales [Soredemo and Under Bridge], getting animated before Kizumonogatari?
Old 2010-12-14, 21:44   Link #2295
kimpleng
Lurker

Where I could get information total sales DVD/BD of Bakemonogatari?
Any reference site will be okay.
kimpleng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-14, 23:31   Link #2296
TinyRedLeaf
. . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimpleng View Post
Where I could get information total sales DVD/BD of Bakemonogatari?
Any reference site will be okay.
You could start with the Animation (Anime) DVD Sales in Japan thread in the General Anime sub-forum. Just head over there and search for Bakemonogatari to find the relevant posts with DVD sales information. The most recent post with what you're looking for is dated Sept 16 this year. (Look under Shaft unsurprisingly, Bakemonogatari is the studio's top-selling title.)
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-15, 12:29   Link #2297
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
Why the hell are these random new shaft shows with unknown DVD sales [Soredemo and Under Bridge], getting animated before Kizumonogatari?
I'm starting to think Shinbo/Shaft hates Bakemonogatari. They'll only make more when they need more cash.
Old 2010-12-15, 15:21   Link #2298
Shadow5YA

Because the -monogatari series is really difficult to animate. SHAFT must have been wracking their brains for months figuring out how to censor everything that needed to be censored in an artstic fashion. The only other anime I've seen so much liberties taken on the visuals since ef~. Araragis fight with Kanbaru's demon and Yuuko's body being revealed are scenes that come to mind when I mean "liberties."

Other series are more or less straightfoward, which means SHAFT doesn't need to be creative.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-16, 10:16   Link #2299
zato_1one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
But those shows are also very enjoyable.

We just need to relax and enjoy another shows. It will come out when it's finished.
Old 2010-12-16, 11:45   Link #2300
Shikijin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Because the -monogatari series is really difficult to animate. SHAFT must have been wracking their brains for months figuring out how to censor everything that needed to be censored in an artstic fashion. The only other anime I've seen so much liberties taken on the visuals since ef~. Araragis fight with Kanbaru's demon and Yuuko's body being revealed are scenes that come to mind when I mean "liberties."

Other series are more or less straightfoward, which means SHAFT doesn't need to be creative.
There are also series like Haruhi where the second season comes three years later than the first one, so probably the idea could be to sell all the merchandising they could sell and then, when the merchandising sales drop, cough out the second season. Sadly, I think this one is the most likely.
Shikijin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventure, comedy, fantasy, romance, shaft, supernatural