AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Monogatari Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-02-08, 13:30   Link #1841
zato_1one
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
I'm sure that those elements can be squeezed into one movie if they really want to do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
I like this emoticon.
__________________
zato_1one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-08, 13:36   Link #1842
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Wow, you really are spoiler phobic

I thought that was pretty easy to figure out in Bakemonogatari, they dropped more than enough hints. Hell, I figured it out in the very first episode after hearing Araragi's thoughts on her. I guess it's not as obvious as I thought after all.
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-08, 13:49   Link #1843
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by zato_1one View Post
I'm sure that those elements can be squeezed into one movie if they really want to do it.



I like this emoticon.
There is no way a movie can do a whole novel justice. Besides in terms of length, the monogatari series is double times longer than other novels. Kizu is 345 pages so it basically has 600 pages worth of material. A 2 hour movie would have 5 pages of material in every minute. Hell, a single dialog from Araragi is already 30 seconds right there.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-08, 13:51   Link #1844
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: USA
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon_ View Post
Wow, you really are spoiler phobic

I thought that was pretty easy to figure out in Bakemonogatari, they dropped more than enough hints. Hell, I figured it out in the very first episode after hearing Araragi's thoughts on her. I guess it's not as obvious as I thought after all.
I am, I am.

Anyway, it's not because we knew nothing about the character. They may have dropped hints, but they weren't big or anything. We also knew nothing about what happened in the past.
DragoZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-08, 14:07   Link #1845
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
By the way, I'm don't know if anyone have post this here already but here goes:

『傾物語(カブキモノガタリ)』
蘇る武者と迷子の少女。はしゃぎ戯れ舞い踊り、終には傾く物語。
第閑話 マヨイキョンシー

『猫物語(ネコモノガタリ)』
それは誰かに禁じられた遊び。人が獣に至る物語。
第禁話 つばさファミリー

What I got from this was:
Revival of the samurai and the lost girl. Something about dancing, the final slope story.
Barrier Story, Mayoi Jiangshi

It is forbidden to play with someone. The story of man and beast.
Forbidden Story, Tsubasa Family

The one thing I found weird was that Nisio just started on Kabuki and the publishers had the gulls to say both books will be out by 2010.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-08, 16:07   Link #1846
zato_1one
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
There is no way a movie can do a whole novel justice. Besides in terms of length, the monogatari series is double times longer than other novels. Kizu is 345 pages so it basically has 600 pages worth of material. A 2 hour movie would have 5 pages of material in every minute. Hell, a single dialog from Araragi is already 30 seconds right there.
Adaptation can't be done exactly line to line. It needs to be shorten. If Kizu has many fight scenes then I think that movie is suitable for it.
__________________
zato_1one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-08, 16:45   Link #1847
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: USA
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by zato_1one View Post
Adaptation can't be done exactly line to line. It needs to be shorten. If Kizu has many fight scenes then I think that movie is suitable for it.
A movie would be bad. There isn't enough time and plot is important. Sure there is action, but to sacrifice the story for the sake of action, no thank you.
DragoZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-08, 17:10   Link #1848
zato_1one
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
A movie would be bad. There isn't enough time and plot is important. Sure there is action, but to sacrifice the story for the sake of action, no thank you.
It depends on how they balance things out. The plot is important but not every sentences in the novel are equally important. In this case, I'm quite sure that the one who upset will be only those who read novel. Bakemonogatari is one of the best adaptation. IMO Despite that, novel readers still moaned that they cut line "xxx" or said that this wouldn't do justice to the novel. It may sound selfish but if the adaptation can please the majority who don't read novel then I'm fine with that.
__________________
zato_1one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-08, 17:17   Link #1849
jaziek
Does an elope taste good?
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
I think I've only just realised how brilliant this show is.

I haven't watched it for months, but I just listened to the full OP because it came up on shuffle, and it brought a tear to my eye at the start of the second verse. Just, perfection.
__________________
jaziek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-08, 21:35   Link #1850
Azuma Denton
~AD~
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
sure, but are you sure you want shaft and shinbou doing that? last time they screwed up royally (Tsukuyomi). IMHO the best would be a movie or OVA for Kizu and a season for Nise, maybe with extra streamed episodes.
The problem with movie is the duration.
I don't think you can pack a whole book into one movie without cutting many of its element.

My best thought is OVA. But i hate when SHAFT doing OVA because of their lack in time management.



@zato_1one
Well, after reading Hitagi arc translation, i can say that Bakemonogatari is a near-perfect novel adaptation.
They know what line they're putting into anime and what line they shouldn't.
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-11, 04:16   Link #1851
Westlo
Lets be reality
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Could Kizu work as a movie if it was split into 2 two hour movies? I have no idea if there is a good enough stopping point to end the first movie on.... and I also thought that Kisshot's current form was really, really obvious...
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-11, 04:40   Link #1852
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Could Kizu work as a movie if it was split into 2 two hour movies? I have no idea if there is a good enough stopping point to end the first movie on.... and I also thought that Kisshot's current form was really, really obvious...
If that's the case they might as well make it as a season.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-11, 10:30   Link #1853
Malkuth
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: London
Age: 33
Send a message via MSN to Malkuth Send a message via Skype™ to Malkuth
Guys, a 2-hr movie is equivalent to 6 TV episodes, i.e. half a season, even more since you can skip all the remainders!
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-11, 11:07   Link #1854
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
Guys, a 2-hr movie is equivalent to 6 TV episodes, i.e. half a season, even more since you can skip all the remainders!
No...just make it a season...
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-11, 11:52   Link #1855
Ice Block
less qq; more pewpew
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Philippines
Shinbo x SHAFT making a movie? Think of the casuals!
__________________
Ice Block is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-11, 15:14   Link #1856
sirn
レス乞食
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Kizumonogatari as a 12-episodes series would be extremely boring, seriously. If you cut out some of meta-jokes and expressions (since it's visual medium), I'm sure it could be fit nicely into 2~3 hours movie, especially considering Nisio's action scene description is always unnecessary long.
sirn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-11, 17:08   Link #1857
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirn View Post
Kizumonogatari as a 12-episodes series would be extremely boring, seriously. If you cut out some of meta-jokes and expressions (since it's visual medium), I'm sure it could be fit nicely into 2~3 hours movie, especially considering Nisio's action scene description is always unnecessary long.
I don't know about everyone else here, but I for one don't care for that and I would gladly watch an episode of two characters talking for half an hour. I mean Nisio clearly knows his stuff in terms of writing dialog and I think it would be a waste if that talent got cut. I say a full season for Kizu and I don't expect any less from SHAFT. If anything I think they should do a full adaption in that they use EVERYTHING SINGLE LINE!!!
Honestly, I think the Bake season was too short, they should have added one more episode for Nadeko and one more Tsubasa.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-11, 21:03   Link #1858
zato_1one
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
If anything I think they should do a full adaption in that they use EVERYTHING SINGLE LINE!!!
Sorry, but I don't want it to be a drama CD anime.
__________________
zato_1one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-12, 00:40   Link #1859
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Nizhny Novgorod, Russia
Quote:
If anything I think they should do a full adaption in that they use EVERYTHING SINGLE LINE!!!
Bah! No! Thank god they cut out half the lines in Bakemonogatari because anime has to keep the pace. Katanagatari could be cut in half (do ho ho) as well! Witty dialogue is fine, but anime is a visual medium and long dialogues which essentially boil down to nothing should be kept in the book, that's what it's for. Rewrite it! Cut it! Compress! That's what their job as people who adapt a book into a movie is. They can either do it bad - see Harry Potter, or do it good - see, say, The Chronicles of Narnia (which, granted, was pretty short and was expanded instead). Then again, Harry Potter wasn't full of dialogues, it was full of events . But I digress.
My point is - adaptation is a fine line in which radicals like "keep everything!" or "rewrite from scratch!" (Vampire Bund) rarely fly.
Daniel Lind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-12, 18:20   Link #1860
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
It seems like Medeka is got the VOMIC treatment. What is VOMIC you ask? Well, basically it's a short video of manga frames accompanied with voice work by seiyuus. Now, guess who is doing the male lead....... SHAFT's favorite male seiyuu, Hiroshi Kamiya. Also, guess who is doing the loli character of the series....Emiri Katō. The best part is that the voice these two use is EXACTLY the same as the ones they used in Bake.

I wonder if Nisio handpicked these two for the thing because of their work in Bake.

EDIT: Added video

Last edited by omimon; 2010-02-12 at 18:46.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
adventure, comedy, fantasy, romance, shaft, supernatural

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:47.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.