AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2007-04-11, 19:12   Link #1
spirits having flown

American Idol

Has anyone ever made a thread about this show?

Anyways, with the sixth season currently ongoing, many viewers have already been complaining because one contestant (if he wins) will cause this show to "jump the shark" (lol Sanjaya).

Honestly there is more to Idol than we speak, you can check this link to find out.

Last edited by spirits having flown; 2007-04-13 at 13:17.
spirits having flown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-11, 22:32   Link #2
Islaya
Secchan

I really don't watch the show after the first few episodes, I like seeing those people make fools out of themselves on national TV. I am pulling for Chris though, he only lives like 20 minutes away from where I do, so everyone around here is rooting for him.
Old 2007-04-12, 07:17   Link #3
spirits having flown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Islaya View Post
I really don't watch the show after the first few episodes, I like seeing those people make fools out of themselves on national TV.
Yeah, the only noteworthy episodes in Idol are the Audition Stages (and we do love to be entertained).

Apparently, however, Sanjaya has already turned this season's Idol into a laughing stock, which made the show even more watchable (ironic isn't it?). And I've heard some members from 4chan and ytmnd (?) have already cast their support for Sanjaya.

There is an interesting article that brands him as a bishounen Idol.

Bishonen Sanjaya

And don't forget his ever changing hairstyles and the extreme measures of many people just for him to be voted off the show. >.>
Old 2007-04-12, 13:18   Link #4
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

I personally think this genre of shows have gone overboard, it was something new at first but even then were pretty horrible. They're really really retarded now even as far as entertainment goes.
Old 2007-04-13, 01:01   Link #5
raikage
日本語を食べません!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spirits having flown View Post

Anyways, with the sixth season currently ongoing, many viewers have already been complaining because one contestant (if he wins) will cause this show to "jump the shark" (lol Sanjaya).

Honestly there is more to Idol than we speak, you can check this link to find out.
Looked at the URL (votefortheworst.com)

That prank's been done.
http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/147...he_block.jhtml
raikage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-13, 10:44   Link #6
Ending

Question

Who is this Sanjaya guy and so what if he wins?

Idols is good entertainment, I guess, but I can't watch others getting embarrassed without feeling the same myself. Catchy.
Ending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-13, 13:06   Link #7
spirits having flown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wordplay View Post
Who is this Sanjaya guy and so what if he wins?

Idols is good entertainment, I guess, but I can't watch others getting embarrassed without feeling the same myself. Catchy.
Sanjaya Malakar Profile

Sanjaya is this season's worst Idol contestant (or finalist) because he has a penchant for changing hairstyles every episode (if you've seen him sport a mohawk, you get the idea). Different shows have also made fun of him and he even is voted by fans of Howard Stern and votefortheworst.com.

You can check Youtube to see his different crazy performances and picture why he is a bad Idol.

If Sanjaya wins, it's probably going to ruin the show's credibility.

Hairstyles:

Old 2007-04-13, 19:33   Link #8
aahhsin

Quote:
If Sanjaya wins, it's probably going to ruin the show's credibility.
The show hasn't been credible since Kelly Clarkson. I would argue that Carrie Underwood helped regain some of the shows' credibility. But now it's just downhill.
aahhsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-13, 19:39   Link #9
Kisuke06
I see...

Quote:
Yeah, the only noteworthy episodes in Idol are the Audition Stages (and we do love to be entertained).
Agreed. After the audition stages I just stop watching the show(I couldn't care less about who will be the new American Idol).
Old 2007-04-14, 02:04   Link #10
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
Quote:

I doubt anyone has because American Idol is a total waste of our dollars, yet everyone watches it. (not sure why, maybe for the stupidity of the show?)

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-15, 10:21   Link #11
spirits having flown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoie_Emesai View Post
I doubt anyone has because American Idol is a total waste of our dollars, yet everyone watches it. (not sure why, maybe for the stupidity of the show?)
American Idol is still a phenomenon as it attracts the teenage audience, and is still a big cash cow. As a matter of fact, a lot of shows that fall under the same time slot Idol occupies were moved to different schedules because of it.

Apparently, like with any other reality based TV shows, Idol is starting to lose its touch though.
Old 2007-04-16, 11:58   Link #12
Scourge87
Dark Lord of the West

Pesonally I think the show is a joke. After the winner is choosen, do we buy Their cd's? Not too many people do. Although watching the tryouts are funny as hell!
Scourge87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-16, 16:00   Link #13
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Did I hear someone use the word "credible" with "American Idol"???
(cough, snort, ...)

bread and circuses... ....
Old 2007-04-17, 22:38   Link #14
ibreatheanime

I dislike american idol. I don't really want to be told that the winner is some BIG STAR, just because they one a T.V. contest.

Plus a ton of people are complaing about sanjaya, and it is bugging me. I HOPE HE WINS JUST TO SHOW THAT THIS IS A TV SHOW BELIEVE IT OR NOT IT IS ABOUT RATINGS NOT HOW GOOD SOMEONE CAN SING. HE IS INCREASING RATINGS SO THEY WILL KEEP HIM ON FOR A WHILE!
Old 2007-04-18, 12:37   Link #15
Scourge87
Dark Lord of the West

I think its a way for people to choose who they think will have a crappy career first! There was one winner I thought was pretty cool, that big fat guy! Put him with a Jazz band and damn you got something good!
Scourge87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-18, 13:46   Link #16
llama

Send a message via AIM to llama
Quote:
Hairstyles:

His hair is prettier than mine in that second picture.
llama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-18, 20:12   Link #17
ibreatheanime

I look at the third picture and wish I could put my hair into a pony tail mowhawk...that is impressive.
Old 2007-04-18, 22:41   Link #18
ShadowVlican

he's finally gone :lol:
ShadowVlican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-25, 20:39   Link #19
mcruz1014
Eye Have You

Send a message via Yahoo to mcruz1014
American Idol Season 7

Just wondering if there were any Idol fans on the AS forums.

Any thoughts on who might win, or who is your favorite finalist.

I just watched tonight's episode and David Cook totally blew me away, so I had to find some way to talk about it.

p.s. I have a terrible feeling that this thread might get deleted.

Currently Watching: Da Capo II Second Season, Kure-nai, Macross Frontier, Code Geass, Nijuuu Mensou no Musume
mcruz1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-26, 00:48   Link #20
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Idol fan here as well, but thing is is that I'm usually busy tuesday nights and I don't have a video recorder (vhs nor dvd). So I have to watch it via... er... less reputable methods lol. And looking at it, I don't think it would be done soon.... XD

I still have to watch the latest episode, but personal favorites for me would be Ramiele, Syesha, David (all of them), and the australian guy. Glad to see some talent this time around, as IMO last season sucked ass. And in general, guys whooped the girls butts this time around, which is odd for me as I generally prefer female singers as I usually can't stand low voices.

In regards to placement, maybe this is better in the general chat section?

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote