AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2008-06-11, 09:55   Link #21
molitar

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneDragon View Post
Take just a minute and look at my previous post. The "loli" tag on Danbooru refers to explicit lolicon. Sponsors tend to not approve of stuff like that. So you can see all the little girls you want, just not the ones where they're being violently raped. My heart bleeds for you.
Where do you get that? I did a search for loli and not a single image showed up.. they were all blank clicking several pages. You can't do a search for even something as simple as loli pantsu because IF it has loli in it you get NO THUMBNAILS! NO IMAGES! So your totally wrong.
molitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-11, 10:13   Link #22
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by molitar View Post
Where do you get that? I did a search for loli and not a single image showed up.. they were all blank clicking several pages. You can't do a search for even something as simple as loli pantsu because IF it has loli in it you get NO THUMBNAILS! NO IMAGES! So your totally wrong.
Of course no images showed up! You aren't a privileged user, so you can't view images tagged as loli. You think the search function returns 534 pages (searching for "loli") just for kicks? The same thing happens if you search for a tag you've blacklisted.

By "see all the little girls you want", I mean that there are plenty of images of young girls on Danbooru. They just aren't tagged as loli, because again, loli has a specific definition on Danbooru. It is not used the way you are thinking, there, and people don't tag images as "loli" much because of the restriction on the tag.

Also, for what it's worth, "pantsu" isn't being used as a tag--it's "panties". Though the search query is changed automatically, so that shouldn't matter. This might trip you up on later searches for other tags, though.

Last edited by KaneDragon; 2008-06-11 at 10:31.
KaneDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-11, 10:36   Link #23
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Gelbooru (www.gelbooru.com) has been a near-mirror for Danbooru for a few months, and lately has surpassed in post count. No user access is required, though you can expect no filters on hentai and lolicon.
Claies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-11, 10:51   Link #24
molitar

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneDragon View Post
By "see all the little girls you want", I mean that there are plenty of images of young girls on Danbooru. They just aren't tagged as loli, because again, loli has a specific definition on Danbooru. It is not used the way you are thinking, there, and people don't tag images as "loli" much because of the restriction on the tag.

Also, for what it's worth, "pantsu" isn't being used as a tag--it's "panties". Though the search query is changed automatically, so that shouldn't matter. This might trip you up on later searches for other tags, though.
The only other tag I found for loli is child.. and only 300 images.. that isn't very many when looking for specific images. For example for a cute avatar I have one loli girl standing in a lake.. which I than happen to take a flower that means loli and shrunk it down and put it in her hair. Their is many reasons to want to find a type of image without it having to do with rape.

On a side note I do like the Ajax interface for sagubooru located at http://ajax.sagubooru.com/ which is a nice simple clean interface without all the flash headache of the flash interface. I will check out that Gelbooru when the page will open for me maybe it's down right now since it just shows me a blank page right now.

Last edited by molitar; 2008-06-11 at 11:17.
molitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-11, 11:06   Link #25
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Like with your "pantsu" problem, try searching for English words, like child, and use other tags (flower(s)?) to find what you're looking for.
Old 2008-06-11, 15:34   Link #26
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by molitar View Post
The only other tag I found for loli is child.. and only 300 images.. that isn't very many when looking for specific images. For example for a cute avatar I have one loli girl standing in a lake.. which I than happen to take a flower that means loli and shrunk it down and put it in her hair. Their is many reasons to want to find a type of image without it having to do with rape.

On a side note I do like the Ajax interface for sagubooru located at http://ajax.sagubooru.com/ which is a nice simple clean interface without all the flash headache of the flash interface. I will check out that Gelbooru when the page will open for me maybe it's down right now since it just shows me a blank page right now.
Sagubooru has, until very recently, been stagnant. It's been on a supposed interface update for over a year, which, although very ambitious, has yet to allow image uploading. For all intents and purposes, Sagubooru is a snapshot of Danbooru's archive from early 2007 when it shut down, and the AJAX interface only lets you navigate that database.

Danbooru won't let you see loli unless you're privileged (at which point you probably already have plenty of connections with loli artist websites, because you have to contribute). It's that simple. The pictures are there by the hundreds, you just can't see them.

When Gelbooru comes back up you'll have a better view. Just be prepared, because it has zero filtering outside of legal requirements, so it's a double-edged sword for some.
Claies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-18, 15:41   Link #27
NGA
NG-A and JehJeh Creator

This thread gives me really useful information. Bookmarked for image references. Thank you all very much.

I need to have anime character drawing books for each female character I encountered and love.........
NGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-18, 18:28   Link #28
Shadow Kira01

I just lol'd. Guessing username and password to enter a site? And that both the username and password changes everyday... Why bother use it even? You know... There are tons of free image hosting sites that is also enables speedy registration and user-friendly interface, such as imageshack or photobucket.
Old 2010-02-22, 15:02   Link #29
Riou17
Red☆Crystal

I'm seeing lots of image hosting sites that has '-booru' on their names. What does 'booru' means?

Out of all the image hosting sites said here, I can only access shuushuu. The sites that has booru names have been blocked here. I like danbooru because they have images that are rarely seen on photobucket or other sites, and there's even a translation for some images. Unfortunately they also host hentai pics which means 'bye-bye danbooru' here. I've only managed to access it in less than 8 hours.