AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2008-05-04, 10:34   Link #1
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Adobe Premiere to After Effects

Like the title says, is there a way to export a premiere file to after effects?
I read that you could export them, but how do you do that with example one of the clips you have in Premiere?
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-04, 12:58   Link #2
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Click on the sequence that you want to work with in After Effects, then do File > Export. Isn't AE able to open Premiere projects without any special modifications, though?
Old 2008-05-04, 15:55   Link #3
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
it is only able to export it as a movie clip, thus in the progress unites all layers etc. to an AVI file or another format which doesnt make it practical for editing in After Effects

there is a way, but then you have to select the clip and do a copy pasta.. but you cant copy / paste too many clips or After Effects will run an error and it isnt pratical either cause then your layers will mix up again and you have even more time wasted setting everything back in possition.. though im going to try to do it the long way.. after my holidays ill harass my animation teacher about it.. though he'll probably say that ill have to render as image files guessing it is for 3Ds max rendering projects but thsi one aint.. made a gorgious edited opening and now only the effecting has to be done -_-; going to be a long nighter.. it already has been 2 days.. love my job XD

edit: new plan.. render all layers to lose video clips and import them to After effects XD HA HA!

good tip for people following this problem, you can easily render all individual clips by moving your workspace, resize the workspace to fit the clip and when exporting it as a movie you just go into the settings, turn off the audio and select Workspace Only.. chose the format you like and save it numberwise so you can easily put them back together in after effects as seperate layers, cause you have to render in order to hear the soudn playing and this way your keypoints remain the same =3

Last edited by -KarumA-; 2008-05-04 at 16:37.
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote