AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Macross

Notices

Old 2008-05-19, 00:03   Link #41
Tak
☭ автомат Калашникова ☭

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley84 View Post
Not to mention people actually having kids like they're not some kind of...disease or plague.
That is true. Kids aren't treated as some baggage that would hinder character development. among other things. Milia and Max is a good example.

People get married, have kids, which is a perfectly normal thing to do. Not to mention most of the first and secondary characters themselves do not come from screwed-up families. We actually have 'NORMAL' primary and secondary characters in Macross. Wow, imagine that...

- Tak
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-19, 00:55   Link #42
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Spoiler for Macross Plus:
Spoiler for Macross Plus:

Quote:
Now we have Mr. Mishima and Kathy... I am sorry, but I think I nearly vomited on that one. In fact, I don't even know how this pairing could be possible. I mean, Kathy isn't an idiot, she knows what Leon is up to, and I have an impression that she has a good idea of just how terribly sinister Leon could be. Alas, we will let time reveal further details.
It's possible that Kathy knows more about what Leon's up to, and she might not mind. Relationship-wise, it's not all that uncommon for one partner to overlook the shortcomings of the other. Then again, Leon's agenda might not be all that sinister to begin with. We have a lot more to learn about it.
Old 2008-05-19, 06:26   Link #43
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO Send a message via Skype™ to Onizuka-GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
she might not mind. Relationship-wise, it's not all that uncommon for one partner to overlook the shortcomings of the other.

Understatement of the YEAR.

Old 2008-05-19, 07:06   Link #44
Tak
☭ автомат Калашникова ☭

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO View Post
Understatement of the YEAR.

I agree, because what Kathy did was to overlook a MAJOR, and I mean MAJOR shortcoming of an equally MAJOR asshole.

Yeah, sure, consensual adults f*ck, but from an audience's perspective, the thing between Leon and Kat WAS FRIGGIN SICK!

- Tak (Standards girl, STANDARDS!)
Old 2008-05-19, 12:52   Link #45
squaresphere
Macross Lifer!

Well what can we say some of those prim and proper girls go wild once the genie is out of the bottle.

--- enough lest i hurl :P ---

I just wanted to give Ozma and Bobby mad piloting props from their ep7 battle. Even if Alto thinks he's awesome Ozma still shows him up like the noob he really is .

Bobby... I'd almost wish he put on a differnt head band when he's piloting cause he's so different. But yes piloting a macross battle ship by hand is so manly that it could make any one GAR.
squaresphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-19, 20:36   Link #46
Wesley84

Being stuck on Macross Quarter will probably help Cathy to mellow out, and to see Leon for what he is.
Wesley84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-19, 21:12   Link #47
squaresphere
Macross Lifer!

I'm pretty sure she already knows Leon's a creep. She did give a dirty look during the pageant.
Old 2008-05-19, 21:17   Link #48
Wesley84

Quote:
Originally Posted by squaresphere View Post
I'm pretty sure she already knows Leon's a creep. She did give a dirty look during the pageant.
Yeah, but there's a difference him being "My creep" and just being a creep.
Old 2008-05-20, 11:08   Link #49
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Just wondering, has the official ages of the characters been released yet? I'm particularly interested about the side characters, like Klan Klan and the Captain of the Quarter battleship.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-20, 14:14   Link #50
Tak
☭ автомат Калашникова ☭

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Just wondering, has the official ages of the characters been released yet? I'm particularly interested about the side characters, like Klan Klan and the Captain of the Quarter battleship.
Officially, Alto and co. are around 17 years of age. Ranka herself is 16. Sheryl is 17. I thought Captain Jeff was around 47 years old (I may be off a bit, and while he looks older than Max, he is definitely younger, age-wise, than Max). Although age in anime is... well, pretty pointless.

- Tak
Old 2008-05-20, 15:35   Link #51
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Well, Klan Klan's age is significant IMO, as Mikhail seems to have a penchant for older women. Maybe she really is what influenced him to be that way?

While the Captain, I was just wondering if he was around in the first space war, and exactly how much battle experience does he have.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-20, 15:38   Link #52
squaresphere
Macross Lifer!

Klan is indicated as being older than Michel, but not in exact amount.

I really doubt Jeffery was in Space War 1. There were vets from SP1 in M7 and they were in a retirement home (Max and Milia don't count :P )
Old 2008-05-20, 17:21   Link #53
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
I agree, because what Kathy did was to overlook a MAJOR, and I mean MAJOR shortcoming of an equally MAJOR asshole.

Yeah, sure, consensual adults f*ck, but from an audience's perspective, the thing between Leon and Kat WAS FRIGGIN SICK!

- Tak (Standards girl, STANDARDS!)
Well, sex in the workplace shows poor work ethics, unless you're a sex worker, but he looks like he compensates in other ways. (Long hours!)
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-20, 17:36   Link #54
Tak
☭ автомат Калашникова ☭

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Well, sex in the workplace shows poor work ethics, unless you're a sex worker, but he looks like he compensates in other ways. (Long hours!)
How dare you compare Kathy to a despicable sex-worker!

KILL THE MUTANT, BURN THE HERETIC, PURGE THE UNCLEAN! ARGHHHHHHH!!!

*Ahem*... what was that? Oh, you mean Macross is fiction? Really? Ugh, shit...

- Tak
Old 2008-05-20, 17:40   Link #55
ReddyRedWolf

I'd hate to be the maintenance guy of that office...

*shivers* I'm still traumatized by Nina Eistein in Code Geass season one.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-20, 17:41   Link #56
aldw

Quote:
How dare you compare Kathy to a despicable sex-worker!

KILL THE MUTANT, BURN THE HERETIC, PURGE THE UNCLEAN! ARGHHHHHHH!!!

*Ahem*... what was that? Oh, you mean Macross is fiction? Really? Ugh, shit...

- Tak
Kathy does deserve better than that reject from Nadesico (matter of speaking)...
aldw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-20, 17:51   Link #57
SymphonicRain

I personally believe Ozma and Cathy are able to reconcile with a prediction:

Spoiler:
SymphonicRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-20, 18:25   Link #58
Wesley84

So you think a near death experience will help Luca on the Nanase Front? Being a Yesman won't get him very far. What he should do is go up to her, grab her from behind, and say "I almost died the other day! Will you go out with me!?"
Old 2008-05-20, 18:36   Link #59
SymphonicRain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley84 View Post
So you think a near death experience will help Luca on the Nanase Front? Being a Yesman won't get him very far. What he should do is go up to her, grab her from behind, and say "I almost died the other day! Will you go out with me!?"
I doubt he would be that straight forward by stating bluntly he almost died the other day. He seems to be the kind who sees things optimistically and also someone who doesn't wish to place worry on others (The typical good guy cliche).

But he's most likely to finally understand the value of a fragile life, especially so at his present age, resulting in becoming more aggressive in pursuing goals in life as long as the war continues. So if Nanase is part of his goals, I do expect him to to grow brass dongles and another pair of it to muster courage to ask her out for date or expressing confession when the situation calls for it.
SymphonicRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-20, 19:15   Link #60
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO Send a message via Skype™ to Onizuka-GTO
I have to admit now, it is Luca voice that drives me up the wall. if he didn't speak with that overly sugar-dripping voice then i could probably tolerate him.

I guess also i wasn't expecting this sort of character to show up in Macross.

I guess times change.

and apparently so does the legal jurisdiction and age to join a para-military security outfit as well.

oh well, i serious hope they don't focus too much on Luca, after all, in Macross there was really only one love triangle that we had the attention span for.

I'll be a bit surprise if they try to play another relation in the background with Luca & Nanase.

it'll make them trying a little bit too hard in trying to modernize this series.