AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-05-08, 16:26   Link #141
Daniel E.
AniMexican!
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Monterrey N.L. Mexico
Whenever the 'factions' talks start, I can't help but wonder if some otakus are actually gathering in some dark alley planning their next move.

All wearing Saimoe shirts, of course!
__________________
Daniel E. is offline  
Old 2008-05-08, 19:28   Link #142
wontaek
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Planet Earth
Age: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E. View Post
Whenever the 'factions' talks start, I can't help but wonder if some otakus are actually gathering in some dark alley planning their next move.

All wearing Saimoe shirts, of course!
No! They won't be wearing Saimoe Shirts in fear of being discovered by other factions. They will be wearing something dark but ordinary to not draw any attention to themselves. The only thing unusual about them would be that many of them will have devices that will allow them to connect to internet which seems to be rather new or possessing of high specs.
__________________
wontaek is offline  
Old 2008-05-09, 03:24   Link #143
EternalNite
Devil Of The Nite
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Send a message via MSN to EternalNite
O.o looks like Saimoe has become a warfront for Otakus n Anime lovers. Man i hope nanoha-faction would do their best this year.
EternalNite is offline  
Old 2008-05-09, 04:02   Link #144
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Age: 25
Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Hear hear, I will be cheering for the Nanoha team all the way.
KholdStare is offline  
Old 2008-05-09, 07:50   Link #145
wontaek
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Planet Earth
Age: 44
Official English announcement for Korean Best Moe Tournament is out.


링크 : http://anizone.net/topic/708
트랙백 : http://www.acme.net/tb/131072
RSS : http://www.acme.net/rss/131072




2008 최고모에토너먼트 여성부

2008 Best Moe-Tournament Female Division

시작 일시 : 2008년 7월 12일 KST (예정)

Starting date : July 12th, 2008 KST (scheduled)

1차 예선 대진표 공개 예정일 : 2008년 7월 2일 KST (예정)

1st round schedule announcement : July 2nd, 2008 KST (scheduled)

All announced time is in Korean Standard Time ( which is UTC + 9 hours, thus identical to JST, WIT, and Yakutsk Time )

참가가능한 캐릭터 조건

Character Eligibility


2007년 7월 1일 ~ 2008년 6월 30일 사이에 방영이 시작된 TVA, 발매된 OVA, 개봉된 극장판 애니메이션 에 나온 여성 캐릭터.

Female characters from TVA , OVA, or Movie which broadcasted or was released between 1st July 2007 ~ 30th June 2008.

동 기간 동안에 총 25화 이상 방영된 장편 애니메이션에 등장한 여성 캐릭터

Female characters from long-running anime series which broadcasted more than 25 episodes during the same period.

2007년 최고모에토너먼트 여성부에 출전한 작품에 속하는 캐릭터지만, 개시 이후(7.1 이후)에 등장해서 등장하지 못한 여성 캐릭터.

Female characters from anime series qualifying for 2007 Moe-Tournament, but didn't participate in last tournament due to late appearance (after beginning of 07 Moe-Tournament, 1st July 2007)

* 여기서 여성캐릭터의 조건은 실제적 성이 여성인 캐릭터를 포함(유사인간, 로봇포함 여장남자 제외)

* Term 'Female character' includes characters whose gender is actually female, or robots and human-like characters with definite feminine features. Male transvestite ( okama ) will be excluded.


지원 언어

Languages supported


공식 지원 언어 : 한국어, 일본어, 영어

Official supported languages : Korean, Japanese, and English

레이아웃 지원 언어 : 중국어

Layout supported languages : Chinese


*세부적인 일정, 변동사항등은 별도의 공지로 남겨둡니다.

* Detailed schedules and any changes will be notified in future posts.

** 예정 일은 상황에 따라서 변동될수 있습니다.

** Scheduled dates may change depending on various situations.


__________________
wontaek is offline  
Old 2008-05-09, 12:13   Link #146
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: uk, England
Age: 24
Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by wontaek View Post
No! They won't be wearing Saimoe Shirts in fear of being discovered by other factions. They will be wearing something dark but ordinary to not draw any attention to themselves. The only thing unusual about them would be that many of them will have devices that will allow them to connect to internet which seems to be rather new or possessing of high specs.
Ofc, only the dumb ones would reveal which faction they are in (and end up getting beaten up to a pulp).

God bless internet for phones they are really, really convenient for calling up backup :3
Quote:
Originally Posted by EternalNite View Post
O.o looks like Saimoe has become a warfront for Otakus n Anime lovers. Man i hope nanoha-faction would do their best this year.
Like they have been for the past few years.

But there are only 2 or 3 core characters from Nanoha that really gets support (and all the way to late game). Maybe safety in numbers will help again since the huge cast boost from StrikerS.
__________________

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline  
Old 2008-05-09, 12:25   Link #147
Xellos-_^
Married
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: R'lyeh
Age: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by wontaek View Post
Character Eligibility


2007년 7월 1일 ~ 2008년 6월 30일 사이에 방영이 시작된 TVA, 발매된 OVA, 개봉된 극장판 애니메이션 에 나온 여성 캐릭터.

Female characters from TVA , OVA, or Movie which broadcasted or was released between 1st July 2007 ~ 30th June 2008.

동 기간 동안에 총 25화 이상 방영된 장편 애니메이션에 등장한 여성 캐릭터

Female characters from long-running anime series which broadcasted more than 25 episodes during the same period.

2007년 최고모에토너먼트 여성부에 출전한 작품에 속하는 캐릭터지만, 개시 이후(7.1 이후)에 등장해서 등장하지 못한 여성 캐릭터.

Female characters from anime series qualifying for 2007 Moe-Tournament, but didn't participate in last tournament due to late appearance (after beginning of 07 Moe-Tournament, 1st July 2007)
So no Nanoha, Higurashi ands lucky Star this year?

Quote:
* 여기서 여성캐릭터의 조건은 실제적 성이 여성인 캐릭터를 포함(유사인간, 로봇포함 여장남자 제외)

* Term 'Female character' includes characters whose gender is actually female, or robots and human-like characters with definite feminine features. Male transvestite ( okama ) will be excluded.

So Gekka form Kyouran Kazoku Nikki qualify?
__________________
Xellos-_^ is offline  
Old 2008-05-09, 12:59   Link #148
Ithekro
Space Battlecarrier
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Republic of California
Age: 37
Well Lucky Star ran until September of 2007 and Higurashi ran until December of 2007. Nanoha ran until September as well. I would guess they qualify.


Poor Mako-chan. Never gets a break.
__________________
Dessler Soto, Banzai!
Ithekro is online now  
Old 2008-05-09, 13:19   Link #149
Zeroryoko1974
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Send a message via AIM to Zeroryoko1974 Send a message via Yahoo to Zeroryoko1974
It will take pretty hard hate vote for a clannad character not to win. Its the complete darling to the american community, so it will likely get a very strong slant in its matches, so it will take a very strong anti Clannad vote from japan to swing matches in their favors. From last year as an indicator, it would seem that Nanoha and Higurashi have strong enough support in Japan to overcome the international fanbase for all things Kyoani. Although there could be split voting if it comes down to Clannad vs LS (if internationalsaimoe is an indicator, clannad will likely win easily)
__________________
Zeroryoko1974 is offline  
Old 2008-05-09, 13:52   Link #150
Ithekro
Space Battlecarrier
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Republic of California
Age: 37
There is that chance for the later Lucky Star characters to appear this time around, and some of them have large fan bases. Basically all the First Year students and Misao. Also it is possible (unlikely, but possible) to have Yuki and Haruhi running again due to Lucky Star appearances (I think Minori Chihara was attempted to be entered last year due to her appearance in Lucky Star).

Lulz if Yuko Goto makes it in for her appearance in Lucky Star 23.

I don't know about the Nanoha factor, but Higurashi also has a lot of international support (seeing that it was the foriegn vote that made Rika champion last year) and Rena had the highest vote count last year, though that might have been purely anti-Lucky Star. Though Rena did well in most matches until Nagi.
__________________
Dessler Soto, Banzai!
Ithekro is online now  
Old 2008-05-09, 14:19   Link #151
Xellos-_^
Married
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: R'lyeh
Age: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroryoko1974 View Post
It will take pretty hard hate vote for a clannad character not to win. Its the complete darling to the american community, so it will likely get a very strong slant in its matches, so it will take a very strong anti Clannad vote from japan to swing matches in their favors. From last year as an indicator, it would seem that Nanoha and Higurashi have strong enough support in Japan to overcome the international fanbase for all things Kyoani. Although there could be split voting if it comes down to Clannad vs LS (if internationalsaimoe is an indicator, clannad will likely win easily)
It is not ANti-KyoAni, It is Anti-Key. KyoAni's non-key series actually does pretty well in Saimoe it is the Key sers (Air, Kannon) that doesn't, this includes clannad.

I look at the vote total and the total number of votes for ISML is about 500-600. Maybe half are Clannad fans, good enough to tip the balance if the vote is close. I wouldn't put too much stock on ISML as a indicator on how clannad will do in Saimo and K.moe.
__________________
Xellos-_^ is offline  
Old 2008-05-09, 14:22   Link #152
Ithekro
Space Battlecarrier
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Republic of California
Age: 37
So why is there such a strong Anti-Key thing going on?
__________________
Dessler Soto, Banzai!
Ithekro is online now  
Old 2008-05-09, 14:52   Link #153
Cytrus
Unchangingly Hopeless
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
I look at the vote total and the total number of votes for ISML is about 500-600. Maybe half are Clannad fans, good enough to tip the balance if the vote is close.
Consider that a lot of these people might be completely banned from voting in JSaimoe, like me
Cytrus is offline  
Old 2008-05-09, 15:09   Link #154
Xellos-_^
Married
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: R'lyeh
Age: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cytrus View Post
Consider that a lot of these people might be completely banned from voting in JSaimoe, like me

And the foreign vote is reduce again.

I think the foreign non-asian vote comprise of approximately ~300 votes. It was enough to tip the balance on close votes but not to put someone over the top if they don't have strong 2ch fanbase.
__________________
Xellos-_^ is offline  
Old 2008-05-09, 16:16   Link #155
wontaek
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Planet Earth
Age: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
And the foreign vote is reduce again.

I think the foreign non-asian vote comprise of approximately ~300 votes. It was enough to tip the balance on close votes but not to put someone over the top if they don't have strong 2ch fanbase.
At the peak, Korean Best Moe Tournament have attracted close to 500 votes from 61 countries. Since nothing currently prevents ISML voters from voting in K. Moe, and the fact that large number of Koreans who votes in K.Moe participates in ISML, It is likely that whoever is in top 32 of current ISML will probably make it to top 32 in 2008 Korean Tournament as well.
__________________
wontaek is offline  
Old 2008-05-09, 16:29   Link #156
Xellos-_^
Married
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: R'lyeh
Age: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by wontaek View Post
At the peak, Korean Best Moe Tournament have attracted close to 500 votes from 61 countries. Since nothing currently prevents ISML voters from voting in K. Moe, and the fact that large number of Koreans who votes in K.Moe participates in ISML, It is likely that whoever is in top 32 of current ISML will probably make it to top 32 in 2008 Korean Tournament as well.
About half of the current top 32 ISML would be ineligible for 2008 K.Moe.

and Top 32 finish is far form a top 8 finish. Anyone lucky can make top 32. For top 8 the character has to be both Lucky and Moe and Not hated.
__________________
Xellos-_^ is offline  
Old 2008-05-09, 16:30   Link #157
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: uk, England
Age: 24
Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
So why is there such a strong Anti-Key thing going on?
Need a reason to hate something? If anything, I would say that the popularity it generated also becomes their downfall (some people hate overrated stuff). Likewise with Kyoani too.

I also think that the results for ISML doesn't really reflect the potential outcome of Jsaimoe, even though it may be the case for Ksaimoe. The amount of foreign support is limited, and probably better serves as a tiebreaker than swaying against a whole faction.
__________________

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline  
Old 2008-05-09, 16:34   Link #158
wontaek
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Planet Earth
Age: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
About half of the current top 32 ISML would be ineligible for 2008 K.Moe.

and Top 32 finish is far form a top 8 finish. Anyone lucky can make top 32. For top 8 the character has to be both Lucky and Moe and Not hated.
The luck of the draw makes it almost impossible to predict who will be in top 4, but I strongly believe any eligible character who makes it to top 8 of ISML will very likely also make it to top 8 in K. Moe. Only way they won't make it would be that they were knocked off in earlier round by someone who also made it to top 8 in ISML.
__________________
wontaek is offline  
Old 2008-05-09, 16:47   Link #159
Furudanuki
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: State of denial
Age: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
So why is there such a strong Anti-Key thing going on?
The anti-Key sentiment on parts of 2ch predates Kyoto Animation's involvement by quite a bit. This quote from Wiki seems to mesh pretty well with the info I've picked up during the last 3 SaiMoe.
Quote:
A bulletin board system (BBS) based on the interface of the large Japanese Internet forum 2channel (2ch) was formed on January 26, 2000 named "Leaf, Key BBS" (leaf,key掲示板, leaf,key Keijiban?), otherwise nicknamed as "Leaf-Key Board" (葉鍵板, Ha-Kagi Ita?). The board originated from 2ch's video game discussion board due to a dispute involving the game Kizuato in December 1999; Kizuato was an early game of another visual novel producing company named Leaf. Ultimately, fans of the game moved to 2ch's adult game board, but there was not much resolution, and at the time Key fans on the board were being shunned for discussions on Kanon and, at the time, Key's upcoming game Air. This resulted finally with the Leaf and Key fans moving away from 2ch and forming again on the PINKchannel Internet forum.
__________________
Now watching: Akane-iro ni Somaru Saka, Allison to Lillia, Clannad - After Story, Daughter of Twenty Faces, Hidamari Sketch x365, Kannagi, Kyouran Kazoku Nikki, Mahou Tsukai ni Taisetsu na Koto ~Natsu no Sora~, Telepathy Girl Ran, To Aru Majutsu no Index, Toradora, Zettai Karen Children
Recently completed: Ghost Hound, Aria: The Origination, Kanokon, Kure-nai, Itazura na Kiss, Special A, Birdy the Mighty Decode, Macross Frontier, Ryouko's Case File, ToLoveRU, Wagaya no Oinari-sama
Furudanuki is offline  
Old 2008-05-09, 20:01   Link #160
Ithekro
Space Battlecarrier
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Republic of California
Age: 37
So would this be like /a/ on 4chan if Touhou suddenly got an anime? Residual hate? A rivalry between two different message boards? Or is it something I'm missing?

(It sounds really dumb either way.)
__________________
Dessler Soto, Banzai!
Ithekro is online now  
Closed Thread

Tags
saimoe

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:36.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.