AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Macross

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-05-24, 16:05   Link #81
squaresphere
Macross Lifer!

he's probably just talking about the organic looking ship
Old 2008-05-24, 17:13   Link #82
Traece
:cool:

I think the Vajra ship was closer to a Battlecruiser if anything. I don't recall any squadrons of Vajra flying from it in the episode but I could be wrong. At the most, it would be maybe a Battlecarrier.
Here's another theory over the asteroid part... Perhaps the asteroid was used to slow the cannon's shot and allow the transforming ship to pass without taking a large amount of damage? If you think about it, there's no way all that destructive energy could pass through the asteroid just as quickly as it passed through empty space. So perhaps Quarter just used it to buy him the time to get past, as well as to waste the Vajra's efforts and give him the time to quickly retrieve his in-need comrades and destroy the Vajra ship by firing the beam into the Fold Reactor.
My bet is the Vajra have much more to offer and we will continue to see ships getting bigger and bigger, possibly to the point where they finally see some kind of Vajra hive ship? The Vajra actually remind me of the Bronze Tribe(??) from Heroic Age(?).
Old 2008-05-24, 17:25   Link #83
Tak
☭ автомат Калашникова ☭

*GASP* Are any of you suggesting Macross Frontier would do such unspeakable act of stealing influences!?

BLASPHEMY!

*Waves a butter knife*

BURN THE HERETIC, KILL THE MUTANT, PURGE THE UNCLEAN!!!!

Psst. Its ok, Tak, Macross Frontier is not real...

It is!? Na uh!

Psst. Yeah, you watch it on... TV n' stuff

Dammit!

- Tak (Fine, here, have 'em back, I really did not mean to poke your eyeballs out)
Old 2008-05-24, 17:51   Link #84
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO Send a message via Skype™ to Onizuka-GTO
is it me? or have you been drinking my tea?

give it back.

sheesh.

We only need one Holy Macross Fanatic here thank you.

me.

*pour burning Holy Macross Oil all over Tak*

Old 2008-05-24, 18:04   Link #85
Tak
☭ автомат Калашникова ☭

How dare thee wrestle that position away from me!

FEAR THE POWERS OF THE ECCLESIARCHY!

*stabs Onizuka-GTO repeatedly with a butter-knife*

- Tak (Macross fanatic since 1982, thank you!)
Old 2008-05-27, 09:04   Link #86
ipernorris

I upadted the first post adding the Vajra's battlecruiser info. Anyway I considered it a new type of Vajra rather than a Vajra's ship: it's very likely that battlecruiser can make its weapons (bullets, missiles and such) grow on its own, like the other Vajra can do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traece View Post
My bet is the Vajra have much more to offer and we will continue to see ships getting bigger and bigger, possibly to the point where they finally see some kind of Vajra hive ship? The Vajra actually remind me of the Bronze Tribe(??) from Heroic Age(?).
The Vajra has SURELY more to offer than just this. In next attacks more and more Vajra's ships will appear and in much larger numbers as well. I expect the appearance of a Vajra's carrier (a hive...) and a Vajra's destroyer as well. I don't understand how the humantradi ( ) plan on dealing with the Vajra because ordinary weapons don't do a shit to Vajra and the most powerful ones (Zentradi beam and the Macross cannon) will become useless very soon (let's just remember at how useless the Macross cannon was against the full form of a Protodeviln). The most powerful weapon in Macross series has always been the music: making Zentradi losing their will to fight and making the Protodeviln running away.
Here we have the Vajra instead, which are activated by the sound energy (anima spiritia) to fight so if someone sings to the they only become stronger and/or get up...
Old 2008-05-27, 09:41   Link #87
squaresphere
Macross Lifer!

Depends on the music I think j-pop pisses them off, they need Basara with his 80's rock.

In actuality we don't really know what songs do the Vajra. The Frontier president seems to think the bugs wouldn't understand it so they didn't even try.
Old 2008-05-27, 09:43   Link #88
ipernorris

Quote:
Originally Posted by squaresphere View Post
Depends on the music I think j-pop pisses them off, they need Basara with his 80's rock.

In actuality we don't really know what songs do the Vajra. The Frontier president seems to think the bugs wouldn't understand it so they didn't even try.
They're attracted by it, it's clearly shown in various episodes and the most clear example was the red Vajra in the military labs.
Old 2008-05-27, 09:47   Link #89
squaresphere
Macross Lifer!

Well that's based on perspective. Are they attracted to listen to it or are they attracted cause it annoys them and they want to get rid of it?
Old 2008-05-27, 09:49   Link #90
ipernorris

Quote:
Originally Posted by squaresphere View Post
Well that's based on perspective. Are they attracted to listen to it or are they attracted cause it annoys them and they want to get rid of it?
Well I hope it's the first otherwise Sheryl and Ranka will need LOTS of protection...
Anyway the most important thing is that music doesn't disable or make them running away and this is quite a problem.
Old 2008-05-27, 11:45   Link #91
Jimmy C

For one thing, the Vajra aren't attracted every time Ranka sings. They didn't appear everytime she's been seen to sing "Aimo". Or at her new gig as a singing carrot.
To get a reaction from the Vajra, if indeed they do react to her, she needs to do something more than just sing.

Last edited by Jimmy C; 2008-05-27 at 13:48.
Old 2008-05-27, 13:05   Link #92
ipernorris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy C View Post
For one thing, the Vajra aren't attracted every time Ranka sings. They didn't appear everytime she's been seen to sing "Aimo". Or at her new gig as a singing carrot.
To get a reaction from the Vajra, if indeed they do react to her[/i], she needs to do something more than just sing.
The Vajra are clearly attracted by songs and music in general, it's clearly shown in the series. I don't see what's the problem in Vajra not appearing evreytime or where I wrote the Vajra react only to her...
Old 2008-05-27, 13:44   Link #93
cerrian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipernorris View Post
The Vajra are clearly attracted by songs and music in general, it's clearly shown in the series. I don't see what's the problem in Vajra not appearing evreytime or where I wrote the Vajra react only to her...
Actually, it is quite questionable as to whether the Vajra are reacting to songs and music in general or they are reacting to Ranka projecting her voice/emotions. From what we've seen so far, it points to the latter. In the last 8 episodes there are only 3 instances of the Vajra reacting to an outside influence:

1. Ep 2 - Ranka's scream when Alto copes a feel. It distracts the red Vajra enough for Ozma to kill it.

2. Ep 2 - Ranka singing to herself as she passes Sheryl in front of SMS's facilities. The Vajra that were hiding in the foundation of one of the other islands react and head towards Ranka's position.

3. Ep 5 - Ranka singing at the mall causes the 'dead' red Vajra from ep 2 to be revived.

The first point contradicts the theory that songs and music must be the medium to cause a reaction in the Vajra. All we really know is that Ranka is somehow able to provoke a reaction in the Vajra and that there is likely a maximum distance to her sphere of influence.

If that wasn't enough to twist our minds about, we also have to consider ep 7 where Sheryl's earring acted as a conduit across space for the Infinity song to be heard by Alto and Beara. Was the presence of the earring alone sufficient enough for the song to transverse across space like that? or did Ranka's presence play a role in how the song was transmitted? Also, if Ranka was a significant factor why did it appear as if the only ones who heard the song were Alto and Beara....what about the Vajra in the nearby vicinity?
Old 2008-05-27, 14:19   Link #94
ipernorris

Quote:
Originally Posted by cerrian View Post
If that wasn't enough to twist our minds about, we also have to consider ep 7 where Sheryl's earring acted as a conduit across space for the Infinity song to be heard by Alto and Beara. Was the presence of the earring alone sufficient enough for the song to transverse across space like that? or did Ranka's presence play a role in how the song was transmitted? Also, if Ranka was a significant factor why did it appear as if the only ones who heard the song were Alto and Beara....what about the Vajra in the nearby vicinity?
Well there are no final evidence about Vajra beings sensible to song energy in general or to Ranka only, you're right about that, anyway what I was pointing out mainly is that the music doesn't do a shit to the typical Vajra, so I don't see how they can defeat the Vajra using music because Macross is a series where the music is the strongest thing.
Old 2008-05-28, 01:04   Link #95
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Send a message via ICQ to iamandragon
I get it! Vajra in Macross F are VF and pilots captured by aliens! Look at episode 7--the VF are turned into the hybid mode between robot and plane, which resembles the red vajra. The small vajra are normal fighter and pilots captured. Does that mean a humanoid vajra is going to show up soon?
Old 2008-05-28, 03:44   Link #96
ReddyRedWolf

Er... No that was Brera Stern and his VF-27.

All this Protoculture talk in the openings makes me think that Macross Frontier is dealing with Protoculture remnants.

Supposedly the Protoculture are extinct, the Zentradi, humans and other humanoid races like the Zolan are their decendants and next evolution by default.

Though we know that the Protoculture ended as a civilization when the Protodevlin and their Supervision Army came to be, prior to that we know that they had a civil war, creating the Zentradi and as a precaution seeded colony worlds, like Earth and Zola.

Though I'm hoping for an answer to any of the three great Macross mysteries in MF in relation to the Vajra.

1. Where has the Megaroad 1 gone to and what happened it.

2. Where did Sara Nome and Shin Kudo go and what is their fate.

3. What really happened to Mars colony and where did it's personnel go.
Old 2008-05-28, 07:02   Link #97
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Send a message via ICQ to iamandragon
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Er... No that was Brera Stern and his VF-27.

All this Protoculture talk in the openings makes me think that Macross Frontier is dealing with Protoculture remnants.

Supposedly the Protoculture are extinct, the Zentradi, humans and other humanoid races like the Zolan are their decendants and next evolution by default.
No I'm talking about the red vajras you have already seen in episode 1. Luca was captured in his plane mode, but it ended up in hybid mode when he was tentacle raped, and if he wasn't rescued he will later be injected weird fluids and turn into a beetle like vajra, I'm sure about that.

(Okay mecha is really tainting me...)
Old 2008-05-28, 07:21   Link #98
ReddyRedWolf

What the heck are you talking about?

It's still a normal VF when Alto busted Luca out of there.

You FAIL at episode memory retention and speculation.

In terms of mass Vajra are bigger and heavier than a VF.

Heck it's bigger than a quadraluun.
Old 2008-05-28, 09:03   Link #99
Tabris

Quote:
What the heck are you talking about?

It's still a normal VF when Alto busted Luca out of there.
It was in fighter mode when Luca was captured and GERWALK when Alto found Luca.

Alto transformed into the fighter as it broke free.

Edit: I will admit though that iamandragon's posts aren't really making sense since he seems to be referring to GERWALK mode as a valk/vajra hybrid form even though it's an established valk form and we've seen it plenty of times in Frontier already. But as far as I can see, plane = fighter, robot = battroid and hybrid is GERWALK.

Last edited by Tabris; 2008-05-28 at 09:24.
Old 2008-05-28, 09:07   Link #100
Cadorna

Send a message via MSN to Cadorna
Quote:

3. What really happened to Mars colony and where did it's personnel go.
Macross official's timeline

August
Withdrawal from Mars Base led by Harry Miler.
September
The third Oberth class space destroyer Tsiolkovsky is hijacked by the Anti-U.N. Military Organization.
September 8
1800: The return fleet from Mars is destroyed with 3055 U.N. forces personnel onboard by this [aforementioned] destroyer's attack.
September 10
Official announcement of the Mars return fleet's destruction by the U.N. Military Headquarters.
September
The U.N. Forces destroy the Anti-U.N. Military Organization's captured space destroyer Tsiolkovsky via an attack with reaction weaponry by Captain Bruno J. Global's space destroyerGoddard. (First use of reaction weaponry in actual combat.)