AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

View Poll Results: Code Geass R2 - Episode 5 Rating
Perfect 10 208 50.73%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 90 21.95%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 53 12.93%
7 out of 10 : Good 26 6.34%
6 out of 10 : Average 12 2.93%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 6 1.46%
4 out of 10 : Poor 6 1.46%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.24%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 0.49%
1 out of 10 : Painful 6 1.46%
Voters: 410. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-05-04, 19:43   Link #261
KrimzonStriker

Oh c'mon, comedy is essential in any anime. The red fiasco was just hilarious in my book
Old 2008-05-04, 19:44   Link #262
Maes Hughes
~Nyan Nyan~

Send a message via MSN to Maes Hughes
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
Right,and the comments of a whiny shod without an ounce of humor in his body makes his opinions about as important as any of the complaints he has about the episode to begin with. You didn't like it, whatever, but don't waste your crap by making pointless posts, it wastes space and honestly I don't need to hear it or read through it, hell I don't even want to take the time to scroll over it given how utterly childish your being. Get over yourself already.
Surely there's an ignore function on AS? Use it and stop sulking because someone isn't praising the thing you love.

My lack of humour (or, put better, me being hard to please) and desire not to see fan service lower the standard allow me to view the series as it is, meaning my views are usually on the money. I'm also not one who gets carried away and lets bias blind him; unlike yourself.

I'll leave it here since this is pathetic. Just know that no amount of bitching will prevent me from being honest - You'll be wasting your time if you think acting like a baby will change anything.
Maes Hughes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-04, 19:49   Link #263
lightbringer
M9000

Maes Hughes, there are a lot of anime out there where fan service is much more intrusive than it is in Code Geass, even in this current episode. Chalk it up to cultural difference. You just have to live with it Apart from taking up a bit of screen time, it doesn't really get in the way of the episode itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
Oh c'mon, comedy is essential in any anime. The red fiasco was just hilarious in my book
Well, I found it funny up until Gino came and took her away, after that I found it superfluous.
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-04, 19:51   Link #264
wtfftw

Well i would give this ep a full 10 if the ep had a purpose of showing the emotional relation of lulu feeling the some chars but i did not get that vibe what i mean with this is that some of the people memory's had been erased to not have suspicion on lulu etc. SO if they wanted to make it really deep and show the tension even better that should have brought up more

Stretch5920 you have a valid point on that and i agree. At the same i think this pace is also what keeps the show going and up. Cuz its like tak tak tak tak instead of bla bla bla bla
wtfftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-04, 19:51   Link #265
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Why is it so easy for these kind of misunderstandings and such to always happen? I sometimes wish we all actually could get along, but I guess that isn't possible.

I have to agree that while Lelouch did make some gains in certain aspects that kept this episode somewhat relevant to the plot, the large majority of fanservice was unneeded and a waste of time considering what needs to be taken care of in 20 more episodes.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-04, 19:51   Link #266
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maes Hughes View Post
Surely there's an ignore function on AS? Use it and stop sulking because someone isn't praising the thing you love.

My lack of humour (or, put better, me being hard to please) and desire not to see fan service lower the standard allow me to view the series as it is, meaning my views are usually on the money. I'm also not one who gets carried away and lets bias blind him; unlike yourself.

I'll leave it here since this is pathetic. Just know that no amount of bitching will prevent me from being honest - You'll be wasting your time if you think acting like a baby will change anything.
Why don't you take the time and reflect on that yourself hmm? I'm just annoyed you came up with such personal bullshit I really didn't need to read and neither does anyone else

If you were actually any good in your reviews then you could peer underneath all the fanservice, but I guess that tells us how in depth you can actually judge a series on. Before you should complain about the series maybe you should think about fixing your own ability to perceive next time. In any case, my personal opinion on your personal opinion, you don't like it then just leave already

Yah yah, and no amount of bitching is going to really change the episode or convince others who did like it. Your wasting everyone else's time if you think whining like a little brat will change anything either, your just being freaking annoying all around. Worm
Old 2008-05-04, 19:53   Link #267
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Now let's just calm down and knock it off with the intense arguing, shall we?

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 2008-05-04, 19:54   Link #268
Maes Hughes
~Nyan Nyan~

Send a message via MSN to Maes Hughes
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbringer View Post
Maes Hughes, there are a lot of anime out there where fan service is much more intrusive than it is in Code Geass, even in this current episode. Chalk it up to cultural difference. You just have to live with it Apart from taking up a bit of screen time, it doesn't really get in the way of the episode itself.
Yes, I have seen some of Ikki Tousen.

I didn't mind it as much during S1 since it was less in your face. In S2 there's been Kallen fan service in every episode so far AND fan service for other characters... It's as if Sunrise are throwing more in out of desperation for ratings.

In all honesty Kallen is hot, but that doesn't mean I want to see more of her boobs and less of her personality during the actual episodes. The same goes for the other characters.

I'm the sort of person who loved Death Note for being realistic and not throwing around fan service and comedy to improve ratings. While I understand Code Geass is different I would like to see less stupidity and not more as it goes on.
Maes Hughes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-04, 19:56   Link #269
wtfftw

wow

Its just a show damn people should make a show and the time needed to create it then talk.

Damn the plot more kallen xP. Kallen pawned Viletta. next Kallen gonna pawn Suzaku

@Maes Hughes I like death note too except the ending. Kira was sort of like a religion to me xD. BUt geass aint death note i mean look at the drawning and the mecha's i mean :S. Your asking something like

i wish people In gundam seed had brains
I wish naruto went evil
I wish claymore didnt have violence
I wish geass did not have fan service and comedy

that aint never gonna fly.

I for one also dont get like how the fuck someone who wants to destroy brittania is studying at a brittania school without going nuts and be buddy with and save their asses too. Thats like totally retarded and well i accepted that fact cuz otherwise i would go nuts so i get wher eyou coming from but its no.
wtfftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-04, 19:56   Link #270
superzombie23

The ending of the episode was somewhat expected for me, since I read some tidbits about it some time ago. I was still surprised and had to LOL at the randomness/ownage of the scene.

Spoiler for LOL:

Anyways, I found the rest of the episode to be very good. Comedy is definitely one of my favorite anime genres, and C.G. makes good humorous moments; The fanservice isn't THAT bad. The only thing I found akward about the episode was the jumping from scene to scene, but it was still executed well imo.
superzombie23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-04, 20:01   Link #271
KrimzonStriker

Oh for pete's sake, just learn to laugh and shrug it off people, plot developments will come when they come, which looks to be soon. I take fan-service as it is, not try to make it out like its the center of everything. There has been plenty of other stuff besides just that, so I don't see why people tend to exaggerate about it, Episode 5 was meant to mostly be humorous and I went in expecting that for the most part, with some nice twists thrown into the mix as well. It's all about ones own mindset really
Old 2008-05-04, 20:02   Link #272
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maes Hughes View Post
Yes, I have seen some of Ikki Tousen.

I didn't mind it as much during S1 since it was less in your face. In S2 there's been Kallen fan service in every episode so far AND fan service for other characters... It's as if Sunrise are throwing more in out of desperation for ratings.

In all honesty Kallen is hot, but that doesn't mean I want to see more of her boobs and less of her personality during the actual episodes. The same goes for the other characters.

I'm the sort of person who loved Death Note for being realistic and not throwing around fan service and comedy to improve ratings. While I understand Code Geass is different I would like to see less stupidity and not more as it goes on.
It's true that the amount of fanservice in season 1 seemed less in your face as you said. I've become annoyed with how they have put it in every episode and managed to have some sort of Kallen fanservice in a lot of the episodes.

DN was made to be that sort of show. There really wasn't much opportunity for fanservice.

Old 2008-05-04, 20:08   Link #273
KrimzonStriker

Some fanservice in DN though, especially that scene with L and Light that I really did not need to hear the yaoi fans scream about all the moment. But meh, I shrugged it off, if you like that type of stuff then fine, if you don't then brush it off and focus on what you do like. Fanservice is meant to be a garnish, you shouldn't let that rule the whole series, and if you think the producers are doing that then just ignore and interpret it the way you want too. It's about changing what you can versus constantly complaining about what you can't
Old 2008-05-04, 20:11   Link #274
lightbringer
M9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by superzombie23 View Post
Spoiler for LOL:
Nice photoshopping. Ten points for effort at least
Old 2008-05-04, 20:12   Link #275
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Well, that was rather subtle while CG is rather obvious in that regard. As long as fanservice doesn't keep coming stronger and stronger, which I fear it will, I think I'll be fine. I'm reminded of some recent shows with that seemed to have potential, but were drowned in ridiculous fanservice.

Old 2008-05-04, 20:14   Link #276
lightbringer
M9000

Isn't this new 5pm slot meant to be more family-friendly, anyway? Somehow I don't understand why the pantsu is increasing in recent episodes.
Old 2008-05-04, 20:15   Link #277
KrimzonStriker

It'll only drown it if you let it drown it Dann, Code Geass still has a lot to offer besides just that and being able to discern from it and the unimportant points makes you capable viewer. It will only matter if you let it matter is all I'm saying >_>
Old 2008-05-04, 20:16   Link #278
gabbytay
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by superzombie23 View Post

Spoiler for LOL:
man thats some crazy shit

anyway C.C is hiding a lot of info from lelouche before she got "red" . I wonder what she meant by not getting lelouche involved in something? <_<
gabbytay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-04, 20:16   Link #279
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Still 20 episodes to go I guess. I just think there are better things to spend the time we have with episodes than on fanservices.

Old 2008-05-04, 20:18   Link #280
lightbringer
M9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabbytay View Post
I wonder what she meant by not getting lelouche involved in something? <_<
She's been withholding a lot from Lelouch ever since the start, so it's no surprise. But she's a hypocrite too, since she basically involved him already when she contracted him. At least she's a bit more forthcoming now.