AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

View Poll Results: Code Geass R2 - Episode 5 Rating
Perfect 10 208 50.73%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 90 21.95%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 53 12.93%
7 out of 10 : Good 26 6.34%
6 out of 10 : Average 12 2.93%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 6 1.46%
4 out of 10 : Poor 6 1.46%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.24%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 0.49%
1 out of 10 : Painful 6 1.46%
Voters: 410. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-05-09, 00:55   Link #861
mash11

AS legendary as they make him appear, I suspect he will be atTodou's level, since he was called the miracle too, for a Zero to actually be in a position to beat Britannia he will definately need much more allies, that is why I see the defeat of the EU as a matter of time more than anything, giving this commander the excuse to join the black knights too.
mash11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-09, 01:51   Link #862
Westlo
Lets be reality

Rating for this episode was a 1.8% up from last weeks 1.4%.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-09, 01:54   Link #863
KrimzonStriker

Hmm, well it's getting better. I'm hoping Turn 6 manages to turn this around and we can get some real ratings here... >_>
Old 2008-05-09, 01:57   Link #864
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
Hmm, well it's getting better. I'm hoping Turn 6 manages to turn this around and we can get some real ratings here... >_>
well, the last two Sundays were a little out of the ordinary, it was golden week in Japan after all. >_>
Old 2008-05-09, 06:45   Link #865
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
He might appear to lead a counterattack or something, I doubt Lelouch will just leave them alone if he truly wants to take the rebellion global >_>
I hope so. We know that the CF has a special knightmare (last spoilers) and a leader, "Li", but we haven't seen anything about the E.U leaders and their Knightmares.

Even if it's just for some minutes in an episode, I want to see them
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-09, 12:19   Link #866
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
I hope so. We know that the CF has a special knightmare (last spoilers) and a leader, "Li", but we haven't seen anything about the E.U leaders and their Knightmares.

Even if it's just for some minutes in an episode, I want to see them
Well EU hasnt lost yet really. They just lost a battle, not the war. So yes, they might try to have an alliance with Zero. But still i dont think it will be any time soon. Just look at the OP. no mention of EU. So if such a thing would happen it would probably be in the second 13 episode of the series.
Old 2008-05-09, 12:49   Link #867
KrimzonStriker

Actually the EU is present during the OP, they were getting trashed by Suzaku and Gino in it if I recall...>_>
Old 2008-05-09, 13:16   Link #868
Blue_Mercy
Veteran

Quote:
Actually the EU is present during the OP, they were getting trashed by Suzaku and Gino in it if I recall...>_>
I'm still looking to see what Lelouch can do, when a real force other than the Black Knights is there to assist him, and by "real force" I mean something a little stronger than the depleted JLF.
Old 2008-05-09, 16:19   Link #869
SkoolRumble4Ya

Yeah I hope there is another strong group that will help the black knights.
SkoolRumble4Ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-09, 16:28   Link #870
KrimzonStriker

Kind of need it since we're only going through a fourth of the KoR's during Turn 6 and it still looks kind of bad for them...>_>
Old 2008-05-09, 20:53   Link #871
FuzzyWuzzy

Black Knights aren't really that strong, you know. Lelouch is like the heart, mind and soul of that group and without him, those guys won't even exist at all. Some of the characters in that group are strong or they have impressive resumes but Brittania is just a lot stronger when compared side by side.
Old 2008-05-09, 21:04   Link #872
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyWuzzy View Post
Black Knights aren't really that strong, you know. Lelouch is like the heart, mind and soul of that group and without him, those guys won't even exist at all. Some of the characters in that group are strong or they have impressive resumes but Brittania is just a lot stronger when compared side by side.
I would say that OoBK is more like a Judo master: the body may be weak, but the brain knows how to turn the table around.
Old 2008-05-09, 22:01   Link #873
Blue_Mercy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kang Seung Jae View Post
I would say that OoBK is more like a Judo master: the body may be weak, but the brain knows how to turn the table around.
Honestly, it's more like a flea versus 40 elephants right now. The Black knight force they rescued was 256 soldiers combined with the maybe 50-100 they had before. Your looking at a force of maybe 400 holed up in a Chinese Embassy versus all of Britannia including three of the Emperor's most powerful knights, when one is more than enough.
Old 2008-05-09, 22:03   Link #874
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Mercy View Post
Honestly, it's more like a flea versus 40 elephants right now. The Black knight force they rescued was 256 soldiers combined with the maybe 50-100 they had before. Your looking at a force of maybe 400 holed up in a Chinese Embassy versus all of Britannia including three of the Emperor's most powerful knights, when one is more than enough.
Okay, so it's a single lightweight Judo master against a horde of elephants.

Depending on how the Judo master strikes, he might ber able to at least annoy the horde.
Old 2008-05-09, 22:21   Link #875
mash11

Why do you call them a judo master though? They are still somewhat disfunctional as a team, their over-reliance on Zero is not a positive, in season one they were doomed to fail even with zero, their only chance at success was to kidnap Cornelia and that failed b/c of orange. Nunally's kidnapping was more good than bad.
mash11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-09, 22:41   Link #876
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by mash11 View Post
Why do you call them a judo master though? They are still somewhat disfunctional as a team, their over-reliance on Zero is not a positive, in season one they were doomed to fail even with zero, their only chance at success was to kidnap Cornelia and that failed b/c of orange. Nunally's kidnapping was more good than bad.
meh, Lelouch would have still found a way to save them from being captured if he himself hadn't been caught and brainwashed. For the Order, it was certainly a bad thing that the situation turned out the way it did.
Old 2008-05-09, 22:50   Link #877
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
Originally Posted by mash11 View Post
A Judo master would have been able to turn around a situation even if he himself was weak, because of his BRAIN.
Old 2008-05-10, 00:53   Link #878
Theron
Professional Lurker

It's pretty much the same story as it was in R1. Even if the Order could liberate Area 11, it would be absolutely impossible to hold this territory against the largest Empire on the planet. The whole country would turn into a battlefield.

The only way to victory against Britannia I see it is to pick off key members of military and royal family. The ultimate Achilles' heel for any absolute monarchy is to slaughter the whole royal family.

I’m sure that Zero ultimately wins, but I’m also sure that Japan could be independent only after that. And how the hell will Lelouch pull this win off I have no idea.
Theron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-10, 02:54   Link #879
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theron View Post
It's pretty much the same story as it was in R1. Even if the Order could liberate Area 11, it would be absolutely impossible to hold this territory against the largest Empire on the planet. The whole country would turn into a battlefield.

The only way to victory against Britannia I see it is to pick off key members of military and royal family. The ultimate Achilles' heel for any absolute monarchy is to slaughter the whole royal family.

I’m sure that Zero ultimately wins, but I’m also sure that Japan could be independent only after that. And how the hell will Lelouch pull this win off I have no idea.
Not really. If he can win and take over japan, he can even go up against Britain. He just need to mass produce mobile armors and he is set. Zero has Laksha to help in technological area. They have really good pilots. All zero need is an alliance with Chinese federation to buy some time for Knightmare production. And dont forget, japan is a place with tons of sakuradite. Capturing it would damage Britain's economy. That was the sole reason Britain actually captured them right?

I dont even think that Lulu plans on going war against Britain after independence. He just want to creat a state that as he said " carries justice" and weak doesnt get oppressed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Mercy View Post
What about Rolo? What about chinese federation?

Dont forget Even Oobk has it's ellite pilots.

Dont count chinese federation out. There was a reason that Lulu asked to talk with the chinese officials.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay View Post
meh, Lelouch would have still found a way to save them from being captured if he himself hadn't been caught and brainwashed. For the Order, it was certainly a bad thing that the situation turned out the way it did.
True, like finding a place to run away from and hide, or Geassing on or two to take in their advantage *_*. He would find a way somehow to get out of the situation. But they still wouldnt be able to win if they didnt have cornelia. maybe just escape with Lulu's help.

And Mash is right. They rely on Zero just too much. I mean if toudo hadnt stepped in, Ookb might have been in a chaos. What was that girl thinking( one of the vice captains, i forgot her name *_*) ? What good would it do .

Go Toudo .

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkoolRumble4Ya View Post
Yeah I hope there is another strong group that will help the black knights.
The 3 on the chinese federation side ( Beside the little girl the other 3 are probably really strong).

-kallen

- Toudo

- Shinsengumi ( was that what they were called *_* ? ) . The ones that follow toudo basically.

-And most importantly The Geass user ROLO *_*.

- We also had few new characters in the op who might be strong.

So they have their own share of strong allies too.

And we dont know if all of the KOR are as strong as Suzaku and Zino. Strategically Zero has the advantage too.

Last edited by Whitemoon648; 2008-05-10 at 03:06.
Whitemoon648 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-10, 03:04   Link #880
Jestersage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitemoon648 View Post
And dont forget, japan is a place with tons of sakuradite. Capturing it would damage Britain's economy. That was the sole reason Britain actually captured them right?
Not quite; the emperor is also capturing them for Geass Ruins. The issue is that the emperor not only have and knows abotu Geass, he also knew something that is related to the world of C. the only tidbits is Ragnarok (at the ep1 of R1) and Sword of Arkaska.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitemoon648 View Post
I dont even think that Lulu plans on going war against Britain after independence. He just want to creat a state that as he said " carries justice" and weak doesnt get oppressed.
No... he definitely planned on attempting to destroy Britannia., and not just empty words. Aside from getting help from Chinese Federation, Lelouch is probably rely upon elements of surprise and Blitzkrieg... and probably that is a diversion in itself as he face Suzaku and Emperor/Schinel himself.
Jestersage is offline   Reply With Quote