AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

View Poll Results: Code Geass R2 - Episode 5 Rating
Perfect 10 208 50.73%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 90 21.95%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 53 12.93%
7 out of 10 : Good 26 6.34%
6 out of 10 : Average 12 2.93%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 6 1.46%
4 out of 10 : Poor 6 1.46%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.24%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 0.49%
1 out of 10 : Painful 6 1.46%
Voters: 410. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-05-10, 08:42   Link #881
PonSquared
A Very Senior Member

9/10

I am not going to read Zero knows how many pages there are in this thread so please excuse me as I know what I am going to say stuff that has already been covered ad-nauseam.

1) I, like others, as a bit disturbed that this series is turning in to some sort of Gundum-esk nondescript mecha teenybopper pilot show. One of the things that made CG1 so great is that the kids were kept to a minimum in the war side of the story. Now, it seems that all the knights of the round are tweens, or worse, near kindergartenners. Is a quazi-goth loli six year old girl with a camcorder and the personality of a hunk of limestone supposed to impress me? Inspire me? Make me fear her ability? Drool at the thought of seeing her go up against red or Todo in a battle to the death? SERIOUSLY? Please, I beg you Sunrise, no more children! Let everyone be adults and look the part as you have pretty much done up until now.

2) The ending was great. The look of terror on Lulu's face made me think back to Light of Death Note as one of his plots unraveled before his eyes. It was classic. You have to love those "Oh! My! God! I am going to die/lose/fail!" moments that Zero seems to have every once in a while. I like to see his human side when he thinks all is lost. It isn't exactly like Light - he was always thinking of a way to get out of it. Zero sometimes gives up and really thinks hes screwed. I love that.

3) In one of the previous posts in this thread someone was saying now that Nanaly{sp?} is the Governer-General that Zero might have to go up against her; or, that she is going to rule in such-and-such a way. Does anyone really think Lulu is going to wind up fighting his reason for living, or that Nanaly is going to be, in any way, in charge of anything past tea time? She is at best a puppet who is being used to lure C.C. out. While I suppose she might really be the Governer-General - are people going to listen to her orders? Well, I guess they might have to assuming that she gives any. What is she going to tell her army? Bring me more tea? Wheel me out into the sunshine? Seriously, she'll be nothing more than a pretty face to be used as the king wills.

4) As to the person who says that now Lulu can quit school: Can he? Say he does quit and everyone comes to find out he is Zero once again, what will happen to his sister? She'll have no use and then quietly die of natural causes in the night. Lulu has a galactic sized reason to keep his cover now. The longer he can pretend that he is not Zero, the longer he has to figure out a way to get his sister out of the spider's web she is currently in.

Last edited by PonSquared; 2008-05-10 at 08:53.
PonSquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-10, 10:29   Link #882
Espiecakes
Lurker

Uh OH! SuzaKU!
Spoiler for end of episode 5:
Espiecakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-10, 10:30   Link #883
Vorenus
Angsty Newtype

Well... 8/10 for me.

Many school antics, but most of them were quite enjoyable... and for once, I would say the fan-service was not so disturbing because it wasn't in very serious scenes...

That said, several very serious stuff happen in this episode.

- I wonder if Nunnally actually agreed to be Governor General : she may have been geassed by the Emperor... or simply happy because she was told it was the only way for her to see her brother again...
I'm not sure the previous Nunnally was so happy with the way her mother was killed and the way she and her brother were exiled and used as diplomatical tools... even though she doesn't seem to make such a big deal about it than Lelouch.
And anyway, how can she believe she is actually qualified for the job, she is blind ! Which means the probably doesn't even know to read (not that it matters because she can't see anyway), but can't even sign any order or documents...
Sure, she can have assistants and secretaries or voice her order, but meh...

- Lelouch will now have to make decisive choices... he is keeping hindrances that he should better off sacrifice to reach his goals... after all, it is always what made him successful.
He is keeping Suzaku alive, again... while I understand that killing him would mean roughly the same as he recovered his memory, Lelouch has more or less Viletta's in his hands now... and if Suzaku got killed, the crime scene could thus be manipulated easily. He could use either Rolo or geass any student to kill him (or both... Rolo stops time, the student kills so the student gets incriminated).
Lelouch can't use geass on Suzaku anymore, knows too much about him, and is possibly the best Knighmare pilot in the whole Empire... too many reasons to kill him... but of course, the show has to make the fight even and some odds have to be against Lelouch once in a while...

- Similarly, Nunally is really a big trouble to him... it is the reason why the Black Rebellion failed in S1 and forces him to remain most of the time at School so the fact that his memories returned is not discovered.
I understand that she is the reason he is doing all of this in the first place, but he didn't have so much problems with killing Euphie... geass incident of course, but he wouldn't have done that to Nunally even in the same situation...
I'm not saying he should kill her but she is always like the sand grain that always interfere with the Lelouch's otherwise perfect plans, and if she has been geassed, he will have to make a decision about her... unless CC can undo the Emperor's memory rewrite as well.
That said, technically, this phone call should be good news for him... at least, he knows where she will be soon and that it may be an opportunity for him to get her back...

- CC mentionned in the second episode that the Black Knights were desesperatly searching for her. Also in the last episodes of S1, Zero asked his men to look for her and protect her. I wonder how Zero's followers will react when they will see a person fitting her description on the TV as the new Governor-General...
Zero didn't give any explanation on the reason why he appared and he got away with it too easily... there will be some time when the majority of his men will question his past and his motives... maybe that Nunally appearance as Governor General will cause some distrust among his troops.

- I said Lelouch has Viletta in his hands now, but I don't quite get why it worked precisely... I think that Viletta was confused at that moment, but I'm not exactly sure there are so much evidences she spent time with Ogi ?
Maybe there are one or two pictures from the festival, but I don't remember these being taken in S1, or were they ?
Even then, who cares... Who is going to be believed ? Zero, the #1 public enemy of Britannia or one of those who helped to arrest him and know even bigger secrets such as the Geass ?
The risk of losing nobility was not really required on her... He could have as well treatened her to kill her... she knows very well of Rolo's abilities after all...
She seems to still have feelings for Ogi so she may go to the black knights on her own after she considers her own position...

- Lelouch should geass the Pizza Hut Area11 manager to deliver FREE pizzas and Cheese-Kun batches to CC to avoid such incidents in the future...

Last edited by Vorenus; 2008-05-10 at 10:52.
Vorenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-10, 11:02   Link #884
Airi
White Empress
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Airi Send a message via Skype™ to Airi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Espiecakes View Post
Uh OH! SuzaKU!
great!!!
Airi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-10, 11:49   Link #885
Gundampilotspaz

Send a message via AIM to Gundampilotspaz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitemoon648 View Post
Who knows, even rolo might pwn a round or two *_* ( well hopefully suzaku).

But yeah, i am probably being too optimistic.
Rolo better prove his usefulness soon.

For Anime, Video Games, and Science Fiction news and reviews go to Time Travel is Awesome
Gundampilotspaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-10, 12:09   Link #886
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundampilotspaz View Post
You threatening Rolo now? Not a good idea my friend...
Old 2008-05-10, 12:17   Link #887
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈΈ is the Best !!

Send a message via MSN to The Chaos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Espiecakes View Post
Uh OH! SuzaKU!
OMG...It Awesome Making
Made Me lol'd
Old 2008-05-10, 12:31   Link #888
Kusaja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vorenus View Post

- CC mentionned in the second episode that the Black Knights were desesperatly searching for her.
Nitpick, but you might want to know...apparently this is an incorrect translation of what she actually said, which was that she couldn't go looking for Nunnally because the BKs were almost destroyed.
Kusaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-10, 12:32   Link #889
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

That flash makes Lelouch's rage even more understandable.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-10, 15:31   Link #890
ftghb

Quote:
I feel bad for rolo, being used like that...makes me not like Lelouch anymore.....Lelouch the douche
ftghb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-10, 16:01   Link #891
SkoolRumble4Ya

Rolo is finally learning what it's like to be part of a family. I can imagine what will happen if he found out Lelouch used him like dat . BTW Orange Range - O2 music video came out.
SkoolRumble4Ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-10, 16:03   Link #892
Vorenus
Angsty Newtype

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusaja View Post
Nitpick, but you might want to know...apparently this is an incorrect translation of what she actually said, which was that she couldn't go looking for Nunnally because the BKs were almost destroyed.
Thanks, that's good to know... it seemed strange to me as well that the remaining BK staff would do something as seemingly pointless as this... but as you said, I got this from the subs...
Vorenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-10, 16:04   Link #893
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ftghb View Post
I feel bad for rolo, being used like that...makes me not like Lelouch anymore.....Lelouch the douche
Rolo is a professional Britannian assassin who tried to kill Lelouch 3 or 4 times so far and who compares murdering people to someone brushing their teeth. (And yes, Lelouch saw that video, so he knows about that too. >_>)

Lelouch will be nice to Rolo in earnest when Rolo does something to show Lelouch that he deserves consideration. Or if V.V. starts trying to manipulate Rolo, seeing as how V.V.'s supposed to be Rolo's ally, at which point Lelouch will get pissed at V.V. (...some more) and start feeling bad for his fake brother.

Though actually speaking of that, I'm surprised at how decently Lelouch is playing the fake brother here, he's actually trying to get Rolo to stop killing people and everything. >_>
Old 2008-05-10, 16:40   Link #894
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay View Post
Rolo is a professional Britannian assassin who tried to kill Lelouch 3 or 4 times so far and who compares murdering people to someone brushing their teeth. (And yes, Lelouch saw that video, so he knows about that too. >_>)

Lelouch will be nice to Rolo in earnest when Rolo does something to show Lelouch that he deserves consideration. Or if V.V. starts trying to manipulate Rolo, seeing as how V.V.'s supposed to be Rolo's ally, at which point Lelouch will get pissed at V.V. (...some more) and start feeling bad for his fake brother.

Though actually speaking of that, I'm surprised at how decently Lelouch is playing the fake brother here, he's actually trying to get Rolo to stop killing people and everything. >_>

Well he doesnt have a choice. He cant have Suzaku killed yet. There need to be some one with great caliber to kill Suzaku. No one can do it but Rolo's geass. So if Suzaku is dead = Lulu is back. And then Nunnaly would be in danger.

Lol this anime is looking more and more like it's counterpart anime *_*.

Quote:
Well i think Rolo( although not stable) is Lulu's best trump card. He is the only one can actually do something about all these new enemies. Also he makes the perfect body guard. Imagine, Suzaku pointing a gun at Rolo, then He geass ( Insert the Imba BGM *_* ) and the table is turned .
Old 2008-05-10, 17:33   Link #895
Methuselah
Payback is a b*t#8, huh?

Unless Suzaku coughs out: "Oh I have this thing that I got from V.V. that lets me negate Geass on me."

Another Suzaku hax anyone?
Methuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-10, 18:03   Link #896
Blue_Mercy
Veteran

Quote:
Well... 8/10 for me.

Many school antics, but most of them were quite enjoyable... and for once, I would say the fan-service was not so disturbing because it wasn't in very serious scenes...

That said, several very serious stuff happen in this episode.

- I wonder if Nunnally actually agreed to be Governor General : she may have been geassed by the Emperor... or simply happy because she was told it was the only way for her to see her brother again...
I'm not sure the previous Nunnally was so happy with the way her mother was killed and the way she and her brother were exiled and used as diplomatical tools... even though she doesn't seem to make such a big deal about it than Lelouch.
And anyway, how can she believe she is actually qualified for the job, she is blind ! Which means the probably doesn't even know to read (not that it matters because she can't see anyway), but can't even sign any order or documents...
Sure, she can have assistants and secretaries or voice her order, but meh...
True, I also question how effective of a leader Nunnally can be, but there have been leaders younger than Nunnally that have taken control of a country before and I can see how the Emperor and Suzaku would make a decision like this. It strikers a blow to the rebellion's leader, and people are more eager to protect a leader like Nunnally.

Quote:
- Lelouch will now have to make decisive choices... he is keeping hindrances that he should better off sacrifice to reach his goals... after all, it is always what made him successful.
He is keeping Suzaku alive, again... while I understand that killing him would mean roughly the same as he recovered his memory, Lelouch has more or less Viletta's in his hands now... and if Suzaku got killed, the crime scene could thus be manipulated easily. He could use either Rolo or geass any student to kill him (or both... Rolo stops time, the student kills so the student gets incriminated).
Lelouch can't use geass on Suzaku anymore, knows too much about him, and is possibly the best Knighmare pilot in the whole Empire... too many reasons to kill him... but of course, the show has to make the fight even and some odds have to be against Lelouch once in a while...
He won't risk it without confirming Nunnally's safety.

Quote:
- Similarly, Nunally is really a big trouble to him... it is the reason why the Black Rebellion failed in S1 and forces him to remain most of the time at School so the fact that his memories returned is not discovered.
I understand that she is the reason he is doing all of this in the first place, but he didn't have so much problems with killing Euphie... geass incident of course, but he wouldn't have done that to Nunally even in the same situation...
I'm not saying he should kill her but she is always like the sand grain that always interfere with the Lelouch's otherwise perfect plans, and if she has been geassed, he will have to make a decision about her... unless CC can undo the Emperor's memory rewrite as well.
That said, technically, this phone call should be good news for him... at least, he knows where she will be soon and that it may be an opportunity for him to get her back...
It's been brought up before, but isn't that simple. Nunnally was a person unlike Euphie, that Lelouch took care of and loved his entire life. An example was given in a sound episode, that when Lelouch first came to Japan he wouldn't even let a Japanese touch her, while doing everything; cooking, cleaning, laundry etc etc. The point is that even the slightest mental anguish Nunnally suffers(ex. end of 21)
causes Lelouch anger.

Quote:
- I said Lelouch has Viletta in his hands now, but I don't quite get why it worked precisely... I think that Viletta was confused at that moment, but I'm not exactly sure there are so much evidences she spent time with Ogi ?
Maybe there are one or two pictures from the festival, but I don't remember these being taken in S1, or were they ?
Even then, who cares... Who is going to be believed ? Zero, the #1 public enemy of Britannia or one of those who helped to arrest him and know even bigger secrets such as the Geass ?
The risk of losing nobility was not really required on her... He could have as well treatened her to kill her... she knows very well of Rolo's abilities after all...
She seems to still have feelings for Ogi so she may go to the black knights on her own after she considers her own position...
It seems more like a blitzkrieg emotionally, bringing up Rolo's betrayal and her relationship with Ougi. It may come back to bite him or she may really switch sides.

Quote:
- Lelouch should geass the Pizza Hut Area11 manager to deliver FREE pizzas and Cheese-Kun batches to CC to avoid such incidents in the future...
He'll bring it up at the next meeting.

Last edited by Blue_Mercy; 2008-05-10 at 18:21.
Blue_Mercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-10, 18:16   Link #897
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:

C.C., you sure cause too much trouble.
Old 2008-05-11, 02:25   Link #898
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
My take on Code Geass R2 Episode 5 is up at last. No excerpt this time. Too tired.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-11, 03:36   Link #899
Gundampilotspaz

Send a message via AIM to Gundampilotspaz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ftghb View Post
Rolo was involved in a plot that caused Lelouch to lose his memories, Rolo cola berated with the kidnapping of Lelouch's Sister, and Rolo was spying on him!

What comes around, goes around.

For Anime, Video Games, and Science Fiction news and reviews go to Time Travel is Awesome
Gundampilotspaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-12, 02:24   Link #900
Queeny
<3

hello

I did post t this in the CG Image thread ..etc

since it's from the of Ep 5 ..

so check it out , lol

http://kenkoudaa.sakura.ne.jp/page205.html

Enjoy