AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Soul Eater

Notices

View Poll Results: Soul Eater - Episode 5 Rating
Perfect 10 24 37.50%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 24 37.50%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 20.31%
7 out of 10 : Good 1 1.56%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.56%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.56%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-05-08, 15:24   Link #61
Zoe

I think the only easy target we'll ever see in the series is Angela. It would kind of undermine the importance of becoming a Death Scythe if there was an easy way out, don't you think?

Besides, both Shinigami-sama and Stein were impressed with their ability to pull off Witch Hunter.
Old 2008-05-08, 15:53   Link #62
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Heh. But the 99 souls weren't witch souls. That's the big hurdle. Angela's the only witch we've seen that's an easy target (if you forget Mifune).

I'm not saying they're necessarily bad, but they may not be that impressive. Especially if their only call to fame is an attack that:
- is actually commonplace among more experienced teams (I mean, from what I understood, soul resonance is something that any team that's well accorded and has a bit of skill can do... That's pretty much the whole point of bringing a weapon and a tech together...)
- they can only pull off half the time.

At best, they're a bit precocious, but that's nothing to write home about.
Old 2008-05-08, 16:03   Link #63
Zoe

I'm gonna have to side with Stein on this one... "To be able to use 'Witch Hunter' at that age..." and "to be able to control 'Witch Hunter' this far"

Sid: "What power"

It's safe to say that we're supposed to be impressed.
Old 2008-05-09, 11:20   Link #64
Echoes

The comedy in this episode really hit home, I had such a great time watching this episode. Soul Eater continues to impress, I've got nothing but praise.
Old 2008-05-09, 15:43   Link #65
GreatTeacherKen

^^ agreed. Especially love Maka's expression after finding out she was just being tested.
Old 2008-05-09, 21:20   Link #66
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Stein was just plain awesome. The whole thing with his chair was just funny and the fact he was fighting in a chair. I'd think I'd put him in my top 3 favorite characters of this show after seeing him in action.
Old 2008-05-10, 02:02   Link #67
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Argh.. this is that time of year when all the fansubbers are frantically in the midst of exams and whatnot -- and the releases slow to a snail pace.

Ah well.... spring cleaning cannot be avoided during the "golden month" .... O.o
Old 2008-05-10, 03:23   Link #68
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Stein sorta reminded me of L, getting stuck in that chair of his all the time, being a genius and being a tough fighter when needed to be.

And I love the unexpected chivalry of Sid sensei
Old 2008-05-10, 14:56   Link #69
The Real Nemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbduece View Post
Not that this is a bad series by any means, but i am a little dissapointed by the last two episode. I had the idea this would be a darker show but it went to some light hearted stuff after the 3 episode intro.

I didnt touch the manga so i got the impression by watching the 1st episdoe. Guess i'm way off on my summation.
Well it is still early yet, this is supposed to be a 51 ep series after all.
Old 2008-05-10, 18:55   Link #70
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Just glad I was sitting down when it was revealed to be a test . Did seem utterly insane to send a couple young meisters out against someone like Stein and expect them not to get annihilated. Were also limited in that Tsubaki had to keep Sid tied up so couldn't get into the fight. Interesting result with Kid ending up enrolling due to it.

At least they threw everything they could at the guy. Though he managed to take the Witch Hunter alright along with Black Star's Big Wave. Probably the first time I've heard genius go along with Black Star . Could see some solid friendships out there. Soul was pretty quick to head over and check on Black Star and Black Star did try to help out Maka.

I'm just a bit confused at the end of it all though. What the heck happened with Sid? Did Stein kill him or was it someone else? He is still a zombie right?
Old 2008-05-10, 19:31   Link #71
Zoe

Sid is the same teacher from episode 3. He'll be a zombie for the rest of his (un)life.
Old 2008-05-10, 19:57   Link #72
The Real Nemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoe View Post
Sid is the same teacher from episode 3. He'll be a zombie for the rest of his (un)life.
Yeah, but the confusing part is that if the whole thing with Stein was just a test how did he become a zombie in the first place?
Old 2008-05-10, 20:06   Link #73
Zoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real Nemo View Post
Yeah, but the confusing part is that if the whole thing with Stein was just a test how did he become a zombie in the first place?
It's never explained, they just seem to be using it to their advantage now that they have it.

Zombification. It happens.
Old 2008-05-10, 20:11   Link #74
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoe View Post
It's never explained, they just seem to be using it to their advantage now that they have it.

Zombification. It happens.
Oh well I guess you use what you've got. Having a zombie on hand can be useful at times I suppose. Maybe they used higher level meisters to take out whoever killed Sid. Guy is fine to use as a test, but sending Maka and Black Star out against the real culprit would have been suicide.
Old 2008-05-10, 22:48   Link #75
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

I guessed Sid maybe KIA in his mission and Stein was given his corpse to experiment >.< = zombie Sid.
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2008-05-11, 00:21   Link #76
Southern Cross
Crux

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Oh well I guess you use what you've got. Having a zombie on hand can be useful at times I suppose. Maybe they used higher level meisters to take out whoever killed Sid. Guy is fine to use as a test, but sending Maka and Black Star out against the real culprit would have been suicide.
It's also possible that whoever took out Sid is still out there. I do remember one of the more spontaneous moments of one of the previous episodes mentioning Sid's death as a "random" murder incident.

In any case, this episode was really hilarious. Sid is quite an interesting zombie, too, although I wish we had a little more time getting to know "who he was" rather than having him explain it through every one of his lines.
Old 2008-05-11, 00:33   Link #77
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Quoting him, that just the way he was
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2008-05-11, 00:37   Link #78
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Cross View Post
It's also possible that whoever took out Sid is still out there. I do remember one of the more spontaneous moments of one of the previous episodes mentioning Sid's death as a "random" murder incident.

In any case, this episode was really hilarious. Sid is quite an interesting zombie, too, although I wish we had a little more time getting to know "who he was" rather than having him explain it through every one of his lines.
Yeah is a possibility to be concerned about. Though if Sid knows who killed him you'd expect that actions were taken against the guy. Of course possible Sid has no memories of it or was taken out before he could get a look at the assailant. May never know exactly what went down there. Just have to hope the leads can avoid having anything similar happen.

At least being a zombie has gone better for him than you'd normally expect .
Old 2008-05-11, 01:17   Link #79
yozaku
Always Idle

I think the one who killed sid is stein
Old 2008-05-11, 04:38   Link #80
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

They never accused Stein of killing Sid. Just of raising him as a zombie - and he may indeed have done that...

Didn't they say Sid was KIA by a "Goddess of Freedom"?
Closed Thread