AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Old 2008-05-15, 11:24   Link #41
Mists

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackShinobi07 View Post
That explains why Danzou sent Sai on the secret mission to kill Sasuke. Very interesting.

I have to say, it's almost like Kishi has the entire manga planned before he even released the first chapter. Many of the seeds he planted, even in part one, are just now starting to bear friut. I love it all! It makes the chapters take on new light when you find out why some characters did what they did and makes past action by even some decesed characters take on a whole new meaning. This story couldn't be any better.
Wait, huh? What seed in pt1....
Mists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-15, 11:33   Link #42
9TailsOfDestruction
Taicho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mists View Post
One example would be Jiraiya talking about the key that Minato left him which is he going to give to Naruto, I believe that was like in chapter 94 when he was training Naruto to use the Rasengan. Here's a pic
Spoiler for pic:
Jiraiya then explains the key in more details like 300 chapters later when he's talking to the toad during the Pein fight.
Spoiler for pic:

That's what Black Shinobi was referring to. Kishi planting seeds, which is a good plot tool for any manga, anime, novel, movie, and anything related to literature.

Last edited by 9TailsOfDestruction; 2008-05-15 at 11:50.
9TailsOfDestruction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-15, 11:53   Link #43
Mists

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9TailsOfDestruction View Post
One example would be Jiraiya talking about the key that Minato left him which is he going to give to Naruto, I believe that was like in chapter 94 when he was training Naruto to use the Rasengan. Here's a pic
Spoiler for pic:
Jiraiya then explains the key in more details like 300 chapters later when he's talking to the toad during the Pein fight.
Spoiler for pic:

That's what Black Shinobi was referring to. Kishi planting seeds, which is a good plot tool for any manga, anime, novel, movie, and anything related to literature.
Now that is interesting...

But still, what about the 'seeds' based on the true story of the manga: Sasuke!

I remember not ever disbelieving the revelations dealing with Naruto and Jiaraya. But current plot developments, I'm not convinced.
Mists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-15, 11:56   Link #44
BlackShinobi07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mists View Post
I was speeking metaphorically about all the forshadowing and clues in past chapters that are linked recent revelations.

Thanks for the excellent job of clarifying, 9TailsOfDestruction.
Old 2008-05-15, 12:48   Link #45
Goshin

Send a message via AIM to Goshin Send a message via Yahoo to Goshin
nice spoilers,

like blackshinobi said its nice to see kishi planned ahead. i know he had said in a previous interview that he can see how the manga is going to end and all that, but i never believed in him. sometimes we need to look at the big picture to appreciate a piece of art. i'm sorry i doubted you kishi

it also explains why itachi's best bro killed himself. when he said i can't walk this path any longer he could have meant he did not want to be a traitor anymore. or he knew some important info that was too much of a burden for him.

danzou waited for sandaime so he could kill sasuke because he was under hokage's protection.

I wonder if there is something about sakura we don't know. she seems to not belong in the team. knowing what we know now. sandaime purposely put sasuke and naruto under the best jounin in the village, too ensure their safety. wonder if sakura was put there for a reason as well?

"The Journey of thousand miles begins with the first step"

Goshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-15, 12:49   Link #46
Blaine

Ok some images have been confirmed

Spoiler:

I think this is where sasuke learns that his farther was the leader of the coup attempt

Spoiler:

Also one of Itachi
Old 2008-05-15, 12:57   Link #47
ChronoReverse

Thinking about this. Does Tsunade know about the plot against Sasuke?

Perhaps it was a good thing that Sasuke left since he probably would've been assassinated if he had remained in the village.
ChronoReverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-15, 13:31   Link #48
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoReverse View Post

Perhaps it was a good thing that Sasuke left since he probably would've been assassinated if he had remained in the village.
That certainly seems to be the way that Kishimoto is setting up the events. So, all the people complaining that even if Sasuke didn't leave he would have been at around the same level of strength, now have to quite themselves since Kishimoto has now revelaed that Sasuke actually did have to leave Konoha because his life was in danger...or something silly like that.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-15, 13:46   Link #49
Rahan

It makes no sense. If Danzou wanted him dead, he would have had him dead earlier. He would have not done it after Sasuke became a respectable ninja of Konoha.
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-15, 13:48   Link #50
ri0

Location: Where everything is dangerous - I'm starting to like this place
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahan View Post
It makes no sense. If Danzou wanted him dead, he would have had him dead earlier. He would have not done it after Sasuke became a respectable ninja of Konoha.
Frow what I know from the new chapter...
Spoiler:
ri0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-15, 13:50   Link #51
Rahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ri0 View Post
Frow what I know from the new chapter...
Spoiler:
Doesn't matter.
If Danzou didn't do it before, he was not going to do it after. (and the Sai incident is not relevant since it was after Sasuke actually "betrayed" Konoha)

And what the hell were those threats ? Why would the other villages declare war to Konoha if they knew the Uchihas were killed on order ?
Old 2008-05-15, 13:56   Link #52
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

^ Makes sense. If Danzou wanted Sasuke dead, seems like he would've had him killed before he became a ninja. And if Itachi did have some kind of agreement with Danzou not to harm Sasuke, Sasuke leaving the village gave Danzou a convenient excuse to break the deal.

Also, I wonder if Sai, as Danzou's subordinate, is aware of the orders Danzou gave to exterminate the Uchiha clan. I'm figuring that he doesn't since they said only Sarutobi and the elders know the truth. It'd be interesting to see how he reacts to learning that.

Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-15, 14:08   Link #53
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoReverse View Post

Why would he? According to the spoiler Itachi did clearly state that if Sasuke is harmed he will reveal this dirty secret of Konoha and also he will attack Konoha. And Danzou and his followers didn't do anything, even after the 3rd hokage died Sasuke was not attacked. Sasuke was targeted by Danzou only after he went to Orochimaru, probably because Danzou feared that Sasuke will become the next Madara. And how unlucky for Danzou that now there's a chance that Sasuke turns against Konoha.

There's still no information about Shishui, who was supposedly killed by Itachi to obtain MS, so that must be adressed too. Since Itachi did try to make Sasuke kill Naruto, we really can't say that Itachi was a "good guy", but i'm really happy that he turned out to be such a tragic character that i always wanted him to be, someone who is neither good nor evil, but is a ninja with outstanding talent who had that strangely (to me) high level of loyalty to the ninja army of Konoha that he commited murders and sacrificed everything. This makes him a really special guy who cannot be simply categorized as one of those simple shonen manga characters (like Naruto, Sakura and even Sasuke).
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-15, 14:28   Link #54
Nintendo
start thinkin bout clones

Send a message via AIM to Nintendo
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9TailsOfDestruction View Post
Spoiler for pic:
Spoiler for pic:

he wasnt talking about that "key" he was talking about releasing the nine tails chakra with heightened emotion and personal danger. Pretty much saying he was sorry to put his son in danger by almost killing him.
Old 2008-05-15, 15:47   Link #55
Suna no tate
Akatsuki Bart is Tobi

Quote:
think this is where sasuke learns that his farther was the leader of the coup attempt
it's been a long time, but I always thought itachi's fatehr was a pretty crappy ninja.
Old 2008-05-15, 16:00   Link #56
james0246

How does Madara have any information about Itachi's involvement in the Uchiha Massacre? Specifically, I doubt Itachi told Madara anything about what he did or did not do that night, it seems that Itachi did not like nor trust Madara (judging by the fact that he tried to kill Madara through Sasuke), so I doubt Itachi would have ever told Madara about any secret plans from Konoha or anything to that effect. So, then, how can Madara claim that any of the information he is providing is legitamate at least in regards to Danzou's plans and Itachi's involvement?
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-15, 16:03   Link #57
Rahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by james3wk View Post
How does Madara have any information about Itachi's involvement in the Uchiha Massacre? Specifically, I doubt Itachi told Madara anything about what he did or did not do that night, it seems that Itachi did not like nor trust Madara (judging by the fact that he tried to kill Madara through Sasuke), so I doubt Itachi would have ever told Madara about any secret plans from Konoha or anything to that effect. So, then, how can Madara claim that any of the information he is providing is legitamate at least in regards to Danzou's plans and Itachi's involvement?
He can't. He even said he had no proof before starting his story.
Old 2008-05-15, 16:04   Link #58
Endrance
~Rock ☆~
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Im guessing he was there at the time
Old 2008-05-15, 16:07   Link #59
HiroInazuma
Boss of Ecchi Yazuka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
Why would he? According to the spoiler Itachi did clearly state that if Sasuke is harmed he will reveal this dirty secret of Konoha and also he will attack Konoha. And Danzou and his followers didn't do anything, even after the 3rd hokage died Sasuke was not attacked. Sasuke was targeted by Danzou only after he went to Orochimaru, probably because Danzou feared that Sasuke will become the next Madara. And how unlucky for Danzou that now there's a chance that Sasuke turns against Konoha.
If Danzou killed Sasuke whilst Sarutobi was still alive he would have revealed the secret to other countries, even after Sarutobi died Sasuke was involved with too many people so Sasuke's death would effect people such as Naruto, Sakura etc... so if Danzou wanted to kill Sasuke he knew Sasuke will seek revenge and get power any way possible and he already got the curse seal from Orochimaru, he had to wait until Sasuke became a threat and even after that all he needed to do was plant his surbordinate in Team 7

Sephiroth...The Result of the Crazy Amibition
HiroInazuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-15, 16:08   Link #60
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
But Madara was also Itachi's mentor and helped him commit the massacre, so it seems like he was directly involved. It's not out of the question that Madara has had contact with Danzou as well.

Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote