AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Nanoha

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-07-19, 14:54   Link #2861
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Age: 27
Awesome! Nice to have you onboard, Keroko!

Alright, now there are two distinct paths in the timeline that I've considered taking. The first is the one I've already mentioned, where Nanoha gets pushed back a few years and takes place before Negima canon while StrikerS takes place during Negima canon.

The other, more recent idea I've had, is to completely merge everything up to the Magic World arc into Classic and the S1-S2 timeskip, with Nanoha, Suzuka, and Arisa all being some of the younger members of class 2-A/3-A. The timelines fit together almost perfectly, with most of the major events of both Nanoha and Negima taking place in spring-summer of 2005. I still need to work the details out on how to merge the two timelines together and how they affect each other, but I think if I pull this off I'll be able to make something really awesome out of Classic and A's.
__________________

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Comartemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-19, 15:08   Link #2862
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 26
Hmm, for the second idea it would probably be better if we let the first two seasons run their course, and change course after that. The easiest move would be having the gang go from Seishou Elementary to Mahora, instead of the school they went to canonicaly after A's.
__________________
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-19, 15:25   Link #2863
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Age: 27
Better idea; Mahora is an elevator school with multiple grade levels in the same school; Nanoha and company can attend elementary school there right from the start, then graduate into 2-A/3-A after A's. Simply having Classic and A's occur as normal largely cuts out all need for Alex to show up early on, and I'd like to keep him a part of the action from the start like I had originally planned.

Incidentally, Kero, do you have a profile written up for the Negima version of Keroko?
__________________

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Comartemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-19, 15:32   Link #2864
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 26
However, inserting all the cast to Mahora from the start creates trouble to let the Jewel Seed/Yami no Sho case happen, as Fate would have been pwned by the mage population from the start, and the Lieze twins would have a lot more trouble with the aditional crew popping up. Even Eva would want to stop a doomsday device, and that is not mentioning the rest of the school's mages, including AAA+ ranked Takamichi.

Heck, it would seriously screw over any chance at contact with the TSAB, and would need so much rewriting that its no longer a fusion fic, but a simple 'let's insert Nanoha characters into the Negima world' fic.

And no profile yet, I'll have to rewrite a thing or two before she's fit for comacanon anyway, as the current draft has the Barrier of the Saint King. Obviously a no-go.
__________________

Last edited by Keroko; 2008-07-19 at 15:59.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-19, 16:04   Link #2865
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Age: 27
Hmmm.... well if we screw around with the timelines and put Nanoha a year or two before Negima again, most of the mages wouldn't be present to screw around with Fate and the Book of Darkness. Eva still has the Infernus Scholasticus curse to deal with, so the only powers she really has while under the curse are her martial arts and her strings. Of course if we're doing this two years before Negima canon instead of ten years, then Chao is around and Chachamaru's probably at least in her development stage. Takamichi is still a problem, but not an insurmountable one.

I figure Eva at full power to be at least SS-rank, if not an outright SSS with a magic specialization similar to Hayate, namely ice and dark magic. Jack Rakan and the Ala Rubra would be mainly S-ranks and higher, and Fate Averruncus would be, without question, SS-rank at minimum. Negi at the start of the series would be something like a high B-rank, approaching AA-rank during Mahorafest and S+ after his training with Rakan.
__________________

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Comartemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-19, 16:12   Link #2866
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 26
'most of the mages wouldn't be present?' Of course they would be. Heck, the most powerfull of them at that point in time are present, them being all the school teachers. Fate doesn't stand a chance against an army of mages like that, and even the Wolkies would not be able to gather cores that easilly. No, letting the first two seasons run their course and 'kerokanon' Alex into them is a lot easier then this idea. It lays down the ground base of the world and allows for an easier fusion, rather then a forced insertion with lots of illogical points.
__________________
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-19, 16:16   Link #2867
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Age: 27
*Ponders and paces*

Yes, I'd forgotten most of the teachers were mages, not just Takamichi. That does create a few rather large problems. Further, there's the differences between the magic systems that need to be worked out. Western Magic seems to place a larger degree of importance on incantations than Mid or Belkan magic does, so maybe the difference is as simple as more power in all areas in exchange for longer casting times?

...hmmm...

When you say "Kerokanon Alex into them", what exactly do you mean?
__________________

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Comartemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-19, 16:26   Link #2868
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 26
Character insert him into the first two seasons the same way I did Keroko.

Now, the magic systems is easilly solved. Chrono did say there were 891 documented classes of magic, however, note that nearly all spells in Negima are elemental based, even in the Mid system, elemental spells require an incantation if one lacks an ellemental conversion abillity.

Spoiler for Negima spoilers:
__________________
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-19, 16:33   Link #2869
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Age: 27
Quote:
Character insert him into the first two seasons the same way I did Keroko.
...that's kinda what I'd been doing right from the start, Kero. The problem is that I was planning on using Eva to balance the scales in S1 and force the Lieze twins to take action more often in A's to keep him from tipping the scales in favor of Nanoha and company both times.
__________________

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Comartemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-19, 16:38   Link #2870
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 26
S1 is easilly solved, if you check the anime its Nanoha's wish to fight with Fate. just let Alex but heads with Arf, let him support Yuuno. A's is harder, concidering its very easy to break up the duel theme (that was my biggest stumbleblock prior to Tesla's creation) but throwing in the Liezes to occupy him sounds like a plan too.
__________________
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-19, 20:14   Link #2871
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: In the XV-8A Spartan "00"
Age: 28
*smells the acrid waft of burnt posts*

...god what is with this warzone?!

*surveys the damage and sighs*

What to do... Satte...

*stretches, takes a deep breath, and...*




Comar, I hope you don't mind me saying that finally the Negiha timeline is starting to make sense. I was opposed to the idea at first because it was rather jarring to canon, in that several aspect of Negimagic directly contravened (lol-timetravel just being one of them) the Nanohexes. And with emphasis of story being different, a different group of administration, a greater world I still haven't had a grasp yet (I'm 100 chapters behind I reckon. ), daemons that don't kill 'em all... I needed a lot more than bone-jarring theories to be sold.

The latest round of discussions seemed to have ironed out some of the major kinks, though frankly I'm still skeptical of having the Negiverse on Earth itself. It was a problem that prevented me from expanding a possible link between Library Island and the Infinite Library, as it was possible that the Infinite Library was infinite because it could've had space-slips joining every library out there. Not only just Library Island, stuff like Fushigi Yuugi, The Neverending Story, Read Or Die, all can be accessed theoretically by stretching this theory to its limits. However, all of them have too many unique rules making them hard to incorporate directly.

My $0.02:

Let's leave the other worlds out for now. Focus on one thing at a time, and fix Negiha. From my 40K experience, I found it better to look at the Nanoverse, see where could the elements of the world that inspired you can come in, then make the other world fit into the Nanoverse. And be humble yet stubborn about it.

Oh and avoid using me as a shield. I took flak for supposedly causing you to "careen out of control" by allowing a crossover to take place, when I only later realized that actual crossovers that smell more of the other universe than Nanoha was actually not welcome even in AU. I spent too much time battling pairing-created AUs to notice.

Though you made me realize how much headache I must've caused when I first started out randomly inserting ideas into fanon itself. I guess I was lucky I did that at a time where OC was still the Wild Wild West. I do hope 5th Ed will fix this and not cause more trouble like the real 40K 5th ed.

And I would like to thank Dkellis for looking at things so rationally. I hope you don't mind me saying, but I still believe some of what you think is erm... overly robotic... () But if you hadn't forced me to take a step back and see what the hell is going on (and register Comar's apology about that phrase), I wonder would I be able to make this post and be slightly swayed.


Comar, you still have more selling to do if you want to convince fully on this. Once you have the major issues cleared up, get banging. At least this is the tactic I'm using Rebuilt.

And for the parting shot, Negima Keroko is around? Should I throw Kouya (the Negima Cleric, though not as thought out as Kha) in as well?

Your call Comar.

And don't let me interrupt the current flow of thought.
__________________

Last edited by Kha; 2008-07-19 at 20:28.
Kha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-19, 23:07   Link #2872
tshouryuu
Residential Nutcase
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Outer Cadia
Comar, just my $0.02, but don't expect others to help you patch up your holes. Most people are a selfish very practical bunch. For example, if I can patch your holes, what's stopping me from creating my own similar canon with problems fixed if I'm incline to do so? Think about it a little.

People will only offer help, suggestions, patches etc... only if they are truly interested in what you're doing. Else they will point out to you where are all the problems and its up to you to fix them. This is, in my opinion, called helping and what you except is what I would label as spoon feeding (I can't think of a more polite word).
__________________
tshouryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-20, 05:27   Link #2873
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralTigerclaw View Post
Even in my creepy chapter, I need to remember some humor.

Spoiler for Crash protests doing something that's NOT his job.:



Heheheh...
"He's older then you, you know."

"So is Vita. Doesn't make any difference to me."

Hayate owns. XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
As for the rest, AYE for favor!!!

*wonders if Keroko hears him from this thread*
I hear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixFlare View Post
All right, I manage to finish the next chapter today, and it's passed all betas (sorta ), so I'm going to post it now. Here goes the Bluecheesium of the Day!

Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha GuardianS
Yee gods, how do you manage to turn out the Bluecheesium bombs time and time again?

I loved it. TeslaXGriffith, YuunoXNanoha with a great touch of drama, definetely among my favourite chapters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelion Xgouki View Post
Macross Frontier is crack I tell you! CRACK!!

-------------------------

What happens when Nanoha has two people fighting for her attention?

Spoiler for Your Attention Please:
I saw the youtube of that (still have to watch Macross itself), but the scene is awesome. HayaNanoFate is so rare in fandom, strangely enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest Dynasty View Post
Though when I think of Atlantis, I think of another sunken city.

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
Cthulu mythos. Gotta love it. :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
Comar, I hope you don't mind me saying that finally the Negiha timeline is starting to make sense. I was opposed to the idea at first because it was rather jarring to canon, in that several aspect of Negimagic directly contravened (lol-timetravel just being one of them) the Nanohexes. And with emphasis of story being different, a different group of administration, a greater world I still haven't had a grasp yet (I'm 100 chapters behind I reckon. ), daemons that don't kill 'em all... I needed a lot more than bone-jarring theories to be sold.
You should catch up, its worth it.

Spoiler for Negima spoilers:


Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
The latest round of discussions seemed to have ironed out some of the major kinks, though frankly I'm still skeptical of having the Negiverse on Earth itself. It was a problem that prevented me from expanding a possible link between Library Island and the Infinite Library, as it was possible that the Infinite Library was infinite because it could've had space-slips joining every library out there. Not only just Library Island, stuff like Fushigi Yuugi, The Neverending Story, Read Or Die, all can be accessed theoretically by stretching this theory to its limits. However, all of them have too many unique rules making them hard to incorporate directly.
Library Island was stated to have been man-made, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
And for the parting shot, Negima Keroko is around? Should I throw Kouya (the Negima Cleric, though not as thought out as Kha) in as well?
I'm currently attempting to fix her so she can remain as she is, yet contradict as less Nanohaverse canon as possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshouryuu View Post
Comar, just my $0.02, but don't expect others to help you patch up your holes. Most people are a selfish very practical bunch. For example, if I can patch your holes, what's stopping me from creating my own similar canon with problems fixed if I'm incline to do so? Think about it a little.
'cause its more fun creating something together then go and play on your own. I could have ignored Comacanon and keep playing in my own Negimaverse sandbox, but this is much more fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshouryuu View Post
People will only offer help, suggestions, patches etc... only if they are truly interested in what you're doing. Else they will point out to you where are all the problems and its up to you to fix them. This is, in my opinion, called helping and what you except is what I would label as spoon feeding (I can't think of a more polite word).
Hmm, I myself am not to fond of that. Sure, I may point out a flaw or two without a viable solution, but more often then not I attempt to help fix the effort if I think I have the solution. If everyone keeps saying 'this is wrong' then that can drive people away because they don't know what they should do to satisfy the critics. You don't have to spoonfeed them, but simply saying 'you should look at this and this more closely, try that source' helps milions more then simply saying 'no, thats wrong according to this' and leave it at that.

Just my 0,02.
__________________
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-20, 06:34   Link #2874
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: In the XV-8A Spartan "00"
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
You should catch up, its worth it.

Spoiler for Negima spoilers:
I know... Need to find time from studying and leveling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Library Island was stated to have been man-made, though.
Strange things happen whenever too much magic gather in one spot for too long. :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
I'm currently attempting to fix her so she can remain as she is, yet contradict as less Nanohaverse canon as possible.
If Coma is willing to let Nodoka pick up a stray puppy found within the Library before the events of Negima, I could work on the rest too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
'cause its more fun creating something together then go and play on your own. I could have ignored Comacanon and keep playing in my own Negimaverse sandbox, but this is much more fun.
...me too.

Though I least expected to activate Kouya of Negiverse via a Nanoha OC thread.
__________________
Kha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-20, 06:37   Link #2875
Sheba
Night Battle Oh La La
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Naval Base in the rectum of Pacific Ocean
Age: 34
I find myself more pride to figure out things by myself from reading book, wikipedia and internet articles, or watching documentaries. One of the "Eureka" moments that comes during the process of worldbuilding.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-20, 06:41   Link #2876
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: In the XV-8A Spartan "00"
Age: 28
Seems rather non-fandomy when you look at that strictly.

And I've done totally in-universe fanwork before, just that never realized the fun of referencing till after first post, so I got ma creds already.
__________________
Kha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-20, 06:47   Link #2877
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
I know... Need to find time from studying and leveling.
I've been abandoning leveling in favor of writing and editting lately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
Strange things happen whenever too much magic gather in one spot for too long. :3
True, but I'm not sure linking these two libraries is a good idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
If Coma is willing to let Nodoka pick up a stray puppy found within the Library before the events of Negima, I could work on the rest too.
Stray puppy? Is Kouya of the same species as Kotarou?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
...me too.

Though I least expected to activate Kouya of Negiverse via a Nanoha OC thread.
Negima forum's fault for not having an OC thread. Now we get to play with the best of both worlds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
I find myself more pride to figure out things by myself from reading book, wikipedia and internet articles, or watching documentaries. One of the "Eureka" moments that comes during the process of worldbuilding.
And nothing wrong with that. Everyone has their own things they enjoy, I love to work with existing worlds rather then create them.
__________________
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-20, 06:47   Link #2878
Sheba
Night Battle Oh La La
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Naval Base in the rectum of Pacific Ocean
Age: 34
This is one of the fictionnal worlds that made me go

The amount of details poured in there is just stunning, at the point to make me swirl.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-20, 07:01   Link #2879
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: In the XV-8A Spartan "00"
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
I've been abandoning leveling in favor of writing and editting lately.
No! I must get my pally to 70, for the Greater Good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
True, but I'm not sure linking these two libraries is a good idea.
Yeah I've been debating it ever since...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Stray puppy? Is Kouya of the same species as Kotarou?
They're wolves. ... ()

Same father, different mother. And ever since Kotarou showed up suddenly at Mahora, it is apparent they hate each other's guts.

...and Shou, before you ask, yes, Kouya has trouble with an Oni Summoner from another class who placed a curse on him involving "Osuwari."

No prizes for guessing her name.

But personality wise, Kouya's a bit more cool-headed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Negima forum's fault for not having an OC thread. Now we get to play with the best of both worlds.
__________________
Kha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-20, 09:06   Link #2880
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
This is one of the fictionnal worlds that made me go

The amount of details poured in there is just stunning, at the point to make me swirl.
Wow... that's just.... wow. So much detail, beautifull rendered maps, even parchment versions, races seperated into categories... even a list which races can interbreed!

Yes, is the right reaction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
They're wolves. ... ()

Same father, different mother. And ever since Kotarou showed up suddenly at Mahora, it is apparent they hate each other's guts.

...and Shou, before you ask, yes, Kouya has trouble with an Oni Summoner from another class who placed a curse on him involving "Osuwari."

No prizes for guessing her name.

But personality wise, Kouya's a bit more cool-headed.
As long as he doesn't look like Inuyasha, I'm cool (I never did like his character design).

As for Keroko, while the profile is still in the works, I can leave you with this:

Spoiler for she still likes black:
__________________

Last edited by Keroko; 2008-07-21 at 06:20.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
hayaurion, kaonland, keroland, khrack, original content

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:00.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.