AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Nanoha

Notices

Old 2009-03-20, 17:47   Link #5681
Evangelion Xgouki
NERV Personnel
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Evangelion Xgouki Send a message via MSN to Evangelion Xgouki
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
What was it she lost again? 8% of her total ability I believe?
Yup, it would be 8%. And that was just magic potential loss. They never did divulge what physical damage was done as a result (though the BetrayerS doujin does expand on this when Nanoha was using her powerful spells and Vita had to intervene).
Old 2009-03-20, 18:18   Link #5682
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Yes, I do wonder of magic damage was all that was suffered. Though since we never heard from any physical damage the chance seems slim... well, we'll know in a month.

On a different, yet sort of related note (it is concerning a Nanoha/To Aru crossover after all) a little ramble for the To Aru and biri~biri fans amongst us. I couldn't hold back my curiosity and started spoiling myself on the Railgun raws. The results were... interesting.

Spoiler for To Aru kagaku no Railgun chapter 13:

*dives back to plotting the crossover*
Old 2009-03-20, 19:16   Link #5683
Tk3997
Loveable Jerk

Send a message via ICQ to Tk3997 Send a message via AIM to Tk3997 Send a message via MSN to Tk3997
Quote:
Should be feasible, after all we know that S-rank Hayate can cause a rather large devastation, so S-rank Nanoha pulling a multi-Divine Buster doesn't sound beyond possible. Good thought.
Perhaps it's possible, but it's not something I'd expect to see very often as it sounds rather close to blaster mode in all but name.

Quote:
It's not GW's fault that you can't recognize the awesomeness that is Tau.
The Tau have lost more of there appeal to me lately, I think it's because they seem to be in limbo. Not quite the goodie, goodies anymore, but not quite evil enough to be funny (like everyone else). There stuff looks cool, but there fluff leaves me uninspired.

Quote:
Okay, on a more serious note, it's one of my pet peeves that anything 40K immediately has to be Space Marine. They're awesome, I know, but there are other races in 40K that are just as awesome, and they deserve their own limelight to show it.
Because unlike most other factions they aren't insanely expendable and so they live long enough to actually have stories about them. A number of the factions are also pretty much just impossible to do a good story about sure the Orks are good for comic relief, and the Nids are scary, but neither makes for a very compelling plot.

"Hey let's fight, just because!"
and
"FEEEEED"

Do not compelling characters make for instance.

Quote:
... Of course, that limelight is supposed to be quality limelight, not the rather poor presentation I hear Fire Warrior was.
Firewarrior (I won’t say how I got it, suffice to say I didn’t pay for it) was basically “LOL HALO CLONE!!!” only full of suck and a total disregard for the fluff. A single Firewarrior killing dozens of space marines and a greater demon of Khorne? Sure why not!

Quote:
Yay for Germany's strange and awkward law system.
Hehe, that's nothing if you study the law at all, even only bit like I am (for my Criminal Justice Degree) you'll find all sorts of nonsense, and that's criminal law. The commercial stuff is even more absurdly convoluted.

Quote:
On a different, yet sort of related note (it is concerning a Nanoha/To Aru crossover after all) a little ramble for the To Aru and biri~biri fans amongst us. I couldn't hold back my curiosity and started spoiling myself on the Railgun raws. The results were... interesting.

Crossovers are fun, silly, but fun. I still find myself tempted at times to produce some kind of crack fueled SW/Nanoha cross for my own sick amusement. I've managed to keep myself in check thus far. (I couldn't so easily stop the Ace Combat/HAWX/SW crack, but at least I haven't inflicted the result upon any poor reader...)

Tk3997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-20, 19:20   Link #5684
Outlaender

Quote:

Okay, on a more serious note, it's one of my pet peeves that anything 40K immediately has to be Space Marine. They're awesome, I know, but there are other races in 40K that are just as awesome, and they deserve their own limelight to show it.
Oh, nothing against the Tau, it's just that it would have been interesting to be able to play more than one race. Ego shooter as a Tyranid? That would be nasty. In the end, though, for me, Space Marines are simply the definitive element, unfair as it may seem.

As for Nanoha being injured or not, it depends on when she might have developed this spell, and used it. I would rank SCS lower than SB, though not that much. I don't see any reason that Nanoha couldn't tailor her spells to her limiter levels, to lessen the strain. Where one could make the case that SB requires a massive mana load to function (critical mass) , SCS would lend itself to tailoring to the specific situation. I would say that level II release would probably be necessary for it to be effective, anything below that would be handled by Axel Shooter, I'd guess.

A non- charaspecific spell that I've considered is "Metal Storm". An array of pre-formed Shooter spells, non guided, direct fire. Great rate of fire, but takes some effort to set up, not too mention Mana intensive. Not sure if it should be possible to reabsorb the mana from unfired shooter spells. Another drawback- the enemy can tell how many shots that are left. Definately for heavy combat.

Here's a music inspired one, for Belka mages: "Heisser Schrei- Feuer Frei " (second part would probably be mage or device acknowledgment of spell execution.)
(Been having Ramstein tunes running through my head all afternoon)
Heat/Blast effect spell, conical effect propagation. Think WH table top templates. great for clearing those corridors in buildings.
Outlaender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-20, 22:17   Link #5685
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

...Ace Combat/HAWX/Strike Witches crossover? O_O

Well, I did cross Halo and Red Eyes elements into Nanoha (such as the SAA...)

As for music to clear out buildings, you can't go wrong with Nikopol (Viral's Theme)...

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-20, 23:11   Link #5686
MeisterBabylon
~ Ping For Effect ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelion Xgouki View Post
>_>

Why not just have CLAMP do it?

(Not the TRC/xxxHolic style but their older art like CCS :3)
Actually they can do it. CCS was basically drawn/directed by Mokona (1 of the 4 CLAMP ladies) in its entirety for the anime, and there were times that Mokona showed her brilliant hand, like the Doodler Mokona episode.

But you can't stress her out can you to do an entire series herself again? That's why CCS the manga was so short and Chobits even shorter.

Quote:
Yes, I do wonder of magic damage was all that was suffered. Though since we never heard from any physical damage the chance seems slim... well, we'll know in a month.

I'll just follow your lead then stick Belkaneus in somewhere. Though if I wanted more exposure in Railgun then I'd have to star Librarian Ashley rather than Anita.

Quote:
They basically tried too hard to make nothing broken, but create a faction that took advantage of the BBB rather than create their own rules, or be the Space Marines and their special rule And They Shall Follow No Rules...

Problem was, the moment the BBB turned into 5E BRB, Tau broke bad. Our cheesiest tactics vaporized while everyone else still had something. Then SM and Orkz got their cool shiny toys, then IG is gonna get Valkyries, Baneblades and a friggin Assault 20 gun...

...its come to a stage where ironically, it is more and more manly to play Tau and win nowadays.
Spoiler for Rambles:

Quote:
Regrettably. I'm still waiting to see how they'd do Tau in DoW2.

In the mean time, I'll just huggle my moe yet awesome Sister(s) of Belka. <3

Quote:
... Of course, that limelight is supposed to be quality limelight, not the rather poor presentation I hear Fire Warrior was.
It was a Tau-fap, which made everyone else raeg. But they forget that SM-fap is everywhere, the Black Library did Fire Warrior to perk interest in the army, and they make fap to do so, never mind if it breaks canon. Because they can simply fix it in the next codex (like how SM veteran organization got a strange poke in the eye that the 40K trolls in UCC and Unigames were left wondering, though happy.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlaender View Post
Here's a music inspired one, for Belka mages: "Heisser Schrei- Feuer Frei " (second part would probably be mage or device acknowledgment of spell execution.)
(Been having Ramstein tunes running through my head all afternoon)
Heat/Blast effect spell, conical effect propagation. Think WH table top templates. great for clearing those corridors in buildings.
In other words, a Heavy Flamer, ignores cover saves and under the hands of a good mage, might even make melta grade and on Penetrate wound passengers.

Sounds good, I could make use this spell. Mind if I grab it along with a translation...?

On money: Every man has a price. For everything else, there's MakoCard.
MeisterBabylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-21, 00:03   Link #5687
LoweGear
Device Meister
*Graphic Designer

Quote:

Standing on a wall?!?! BiriBiri is

... so does that mean Keroko also wears shorts and not pants-

*is SHOT*

On Life: "If you have problem with Ukrainian hard house, you have problem with life. If you have problem with life ... maybe we can fix that."
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-21, 00:49   Link #5688
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

If it's tight spandex bike shorts, i don't mind-

*is shot alongside lowe*

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-21, 00:51   Link #5689
MeisterBabylon
~ Ping For Effect ~
*Author

I prefer bloomer--

*is Railgun'd next*

Old 2009-03-21, 00:52   Link #5690
Anita
~ I Will ~

Sacred Commander reloads railgun.

Yay hit 3 ahoge with a single submunition. ^_^
Old 2009-03-21, 01:09   Link #5691
LimitedEternal
Nuclear Fusion

*tilts head* A fine shot at that.

I've perused this "railgun" with more than a passing interest, yet I fear I miss the inspiration by whence such an arm becomes so popular in recent weeks.

Aside from the obvious pictures presented, from what is this drawn?
LimitedEternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-21, 01:12   Link #5692
Tempy
Σ(。д(o--(ಠ益ಠ )
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anita View Post
Sacred Commander reloads railgun.

Yay hit 3 ahoge with a single submunition. ^_^
TRIPLE KILL.

A cookie for the accomplishment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LimitedEternal View Post

I've perused this "railgun" with more than a passing interest, yet I fear I miss the inspiration by whence such an arm becomes so popular in recent weeks.

What, the series? To Aru Majutsu no Index. The "Railgun" is a girl with power over electricity, and thus, magnetism.
Old 2009-03-21, 01:33   Link #5693
MeisterBabylon
~ Ping For Effect ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest Dynasty View Post
TRIPLE KILL.

A cookie for the accomplishment.
Anita has gained the achievement [Regarding A Certain Magical Railgun]!
Spoiler for Shift + Click:
Ow.

@LE-kun: Here's the biggest deal - That girl, is a tsundere. And hence...

Old 2009-03-21, 02:18   Link #5694
Tk3997
Loveable Jerk

Send a message via ICQ to Tk3997 Send a message via AIM to Tk3997 Send a message via MSN to Tk3997
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
...Ace Combat/HAWX/Strike Witches crossover? O_O

Well, I did cross Halo and Red Eyes elements into Nanoha (such as the SAA...)
Well the Ace Combat thing came about because of the Doujin novel thing, as I’ve mentioned a number of times it gave me serious Ace Combat Zero vibes. HAWX is more or less “Tom Clancy’s Ace Combat” cept frankly better then AC6, and I kinda liked the pilots in it (Plus it stroked and satisfied my love of continuity and shout outs, provide air support for Captain Mitchell as he and his team attack rebel positions in South America? Hell yeah!)

Plus I just like the idea of jet fighters ruining the Neuroi’s shit, but that would be rather boring of course, so the Neuroi get allies as well. It’s really just one small segment in a sprawling crack multi-crossover though which might be best summed up as “Stargate, if the gates went to other universes instead of other planets” (Which will never ever be published; because it will probably never be finished...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post

*is SHOT*
Quote:

*is shot alongside lowe*
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
I prefer bloomer--

*is Railgun'd next*

Idiots.

Tk3997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-21, 03:44   Link #5695
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tk3997 View Post
Perhaps it's possible, but it's not something I'd expect to see very often as it sounds rather close to blaster mode in all but name.
It's a Divine Buster bombardment, not a Starlight Breaker bombardment. I really don't think that reaches the Blaster Mode 3 equivalent.

Quote:
The Tau have lost more of there appeal to me lately, I think it's because they seem to be in limbo. Not quite the goodie, goodies anymore, but not quite evil enough to be funny (like everyone else). There stuff looks cool, but there fluff leaves me uninspired.
Yeah, one of the things I lament is the lack of fluff for... well, virtually any race that isn't Space Marine or Imperial Guard. There are some who have it worse though, like the Dark Eldar. I sometimes forget these guys even exist.

Quote:
Because unlike most other factions they aren't insanely expendable and so they live long enough to actually have stories about them.
Eldar, both regular and dark, live longer then any Space Marine ever will. Tau doctrine also doesn't make them 'insanely expendable.'

The rest.... are pretty much spot on.

Quote:
Crossovers are fun, silly, but fun. I still find myself tempted at times to produce some kind of crack fueled SW/Nanoha cross for my own sick amusement. I've managed to keep myself in check thus far. (I couldn't so easily stop the Ace Combat/HAWX/SW crack, but at least I haven't inflicted the result upon any poor reader...)
If done well, a crossover can get above the silly nature and actually be a good story. I'm hoping to get to that level.

Quote:
Problem was, the moment the BBB turned into 5E BRB, Tau broke bad. Our cheesiest tactics vaporized while everyone else still had something. Then SM and Orkz got their cool shiny toys, then IG is gonna get Valkyries, Baneblades and a friggin Assault 20 gun...
Unfortunately, Dark Eldar still pwn the Tau players in uselessness. I don't expect to see a next generation Tau Codex until they've finished the Dark Eldar first.

Quote:
Not quite sure how she does it, but from the looks of it seems she has steel plates under her shoes, and uses that to magnetically cling to the steel bars inside the concrete.

Why do authors keep reading my mind?

Quote:

*is SHOT*
Yup. Keroko is a far more physical fighter then Mikoto, so even though she fights comparatively less, the number of pantsu shots in a fight is comparatively bigger.

Hence, no pantsu.

Quote:

*is shot alongside lowe*
Hmm, I suppose I could... would give her a somewhat differing element from Mikoto too.

Quote:
I prefer bloomer--

*is Railgun'd next*
Yeah. No.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LimitedEternal View Post

To be more precise, the above images are from the spinoff manga, To Aru Kagaku no Choudenjibou, or "A certain scientific railgun".

Which is also getting animated. Much rejoicing was had.

Last edited by Keroko; 2009-03-21 at 04:16.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-21, 03:53   Link #5696
Ottocycle

Regarding that interesting bombardment spell, does it look like this:
Spoiler:
Ottocycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-21, 04:03   Link #5697
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

That looks more like a pumped up Axel Shooter then a Divine Buster bombardment to me..
Old 2009-03-21, 04:06   Link #5698
Ottocycle

Oh. So the Blaster Bits fan out, and we have 6 points that are hit by a beam each that's about two people's height in diameter? Sounds rather inefficient if you ask me.

Unless you're only dealing with 6 hero characters on the opposing side, or less.
Ottocycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-21, 04:20   Link #5699
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Depends, if you take only the beam's width then no, but if we were to take the example from the intro Divine Buster has shown to be capable of doing damage in a radius wider then the width of the beam. And then there is the impact, if done at the ground we could get a dome explosion that damages the surrounding targets even further. Similar in effect as Reinforce's Starlight Breaker, which exploded into a vast radius when it hit the ground, these Divine Busters would create smaller explosions, but over a wide radius.

An artillery barrage, if you will.
Old 2009-03-21, 10:38   Link #5700
Outlaender

Re: Heisser Schrei

Quote:
In other words, a Heavy Flamer, ignores cover saves and under the hands of a good mage, might even make melta grade and on Penetrate wound passengers.

Sounds good, I could make use this spell. Mind if I grab it along with a translation...?
Be my guest

Heisser Schrei = Hot Scream
Feuer Frei = Fire Free (free/clear to fire, open fire)

Proving that Japanese isn't the only language where translation can lead to lameness.

Inspired bei (errr, by ) the Ramstein song "Feuer Frei", check it out on Youtube.
Outlaender is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hayaurion, kaonland, keroland, khrack, original content