AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Nanoha

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-04-15, 06:33   Link #6481
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghazghkull View Post
Well then...let's get back on track shall we? :3

I has a new shot, and a new character to boot : D

BTW Keroko, there's some Syn in here. For those who thought that I shafted Farukon and his team, you thought wrong >:3

Spoiler for Length:
Wow, it's the old grumpy eyepatch Syn build. Never thought I'd see her again.

Ahh, nostalgia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghazghkull View Post
And now here's the character to boot :3

Spoiler for length:
Ooh, mystery girl huh? That's going to make this profile a tad harder to judge though...
__________________
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-15, 08:30   Link #6482
arkhangelsk
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Shouldn't this be going to the tech or military thread? This really has nothing to do with OC's anymore...
All right, just one point then that is still relevant to VBAS:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralTigerclaw View Post
First of all, transmission of the 'signal'. We're using a non-physical connection, but there are a variety of ways to go about it. A wide, unfocused 'broadcast' would be detectable, interperateable, and jammable/hackable, where as a tight beam or even 'laser' transmission would be hard to intercept.
Must thank ATC here for giving such a solid example of the issues caused by VBAS beyond security.

While Canonically, both omnidirectional and directional command links for controllable rounds are valid solutions (thus OC's controllable bombs can feasibly use both methods), our discussion of this in the OC thread is ultimately linked to Saint's VBAS.

And here is where the other part of my warning comes in. VBAS will be nearly impossible to implement if controllable rounds use directional links - Juana is at a different relative bearing compared to the shooter and thus directional receivers (laser for example) oriented towards the shooter's signals won't be in a position receive the signals from VBAS. Obviously, wire links are also out.

This forces an omnidirectional implementation for controllable bombs. Do you see VBAS' wide-reaching effects?

And we are now off to the threads. Whee, there's enough to resurrect 2 threads!
arkhangelsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-15, 08:45   Link #6483
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 26
I doubt that Saint will even begin to implement directional or omni-directional links to the rounds in the profile skill, much less the story, so I really don't see how that matters.
__________________
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-15, 08:57   Link #6484
Jimmy C
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by arkhangelsk View Post
VBAS will be nearly impossible to implement if controllable rounds use directional links - Juana is at a different relative bearing compared to the shooter and thus directional receivers (laser for example) oriented towards the shooter's signals won't be in a position receive the signals from VBAS. Obviously, wire links are also out.
About this, I just want to point out that you're assuming physical receivers on nonphysical bolts of magical energy here. We have no way of knowing how a magical nonphysical version would perform, though it would obviously not be a physical component on the magical attack.
It's like I said earlier, all this is overthinking the issue. At the end of all this arguing, all you'll get is a system that's secured against hacking by hostiles. All SaintX has to do is say the communication details are "classified" and tamperproof to achieve the same results.
Jimmy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-15, 09:40   Link #6485
ghazghkull
The Dang-meister
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: British Columbia, Canada
Age: 25
Send a message via MSN to ghazghkull Send a message via Yahoo to ghazghkull
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Wow, it's the old grumpy eyepatch Syn build. Never thought I'd see her again.

Ahh, nostalgia.
Yes, her >: D She has made a come back :3

More of her in the future, don't you worry :3

Quote:
Ooh, mystery girl huh? That's going to make this profile a tad harder to judge though...
But that's half the fun :3

In this case, you'd be judging Suvia, as you get to know her slowly, as I slowly develop her character and backstory :3
ghazghkull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-15, 09:49   Link #6486
AdmiralTigerclaw
Sword Wielding Penguin
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Subspace, Texas
Age: 29
Send a message via AIM to AdmiralTigerclaw
Quote:
Originally Posted by arkhangelsk View Post
A rational answer - the problem is that it ignores the psychological factors of real combat and killing (the efforts just to get the average soldier to shoot at clear enemies is legend), as well as assuming perfect knowledge of all factors, which will not be true of either the scenario or my analogy (it is not like Quattro is likely to give Nanoha reasons to believe "Fate" is preparing to tank the attack - the effectiveness of an attack against an unprepared target is canon).
Except Nanoha has never had to kill an opponent, and thus has not experienced the Psychological factors of killing. She's spent ten years operating on the mechanics that no matter how big the attack is, it can't kill anyone unless she says so. She has no reason to hesitate. (The 'safe mode' of magic is also Canon.)

The most you might get out of her would be a "Is that- No." A one second pause, which won't even be of any use because that delay would be while she's in a spell preparation stage.

Nanoha has almost BEEN killed, several times. (Vita almost caved in her skull in A's... And we all know stealth bots and backstabbing is a favored anti-mage technique.) ...but almost being killed and shrugging it off each time like she has (If you call several months physical therapy shrugging it off) is not the same as puking your guts out the first time you kill someone in combat and that little bit of your mind that tells you every time you kill someone that you just killed a piece of yourself.
__________________
"Escalating a war is not how I envisioned this vacation..."
Ernest 'Admiral Tigerclaw' Hart
OWNER: Samurai Penguin Studios
"Because people dig birds with swords."
AdmiralTigerclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-15, 12:29   Link #6487
ghazghkull
The Dang-meister
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: British Columbia, Canada
Age: 25
Send a message via MSN to ghazghkull Send a message via Yahoo to ghazghkull
*pokes Keroko*

BTW do you still have the old Syn's profile lying around somewhere?

It's just so I have something to reference to.
ghazghkull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-15, 12:51   Link #6488
Evangelion Xgouki
NERV Personnel
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Tokyo 3, Japan
Age: 28
Send a message via AIM to Evangelion Xgouki Send a message via MSN to Evangelion Xgouki
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghazghkull View Post
Well then...let's get back on track shall we? :3

I has a new shot, and a new character to boot : D

BTW Keroko, there's some Syn in here. For those who thought that I shafted Farukon and his team, you thought wrong >:3

Spoiler for Length:
So this is the Faiz Gear user you were working on, huh? And you had to include the Autovajin . So is this whole thing going to be a side-story thing? Oh, and it's Orphnoch .

I'm surprised you have no Blade characters yet. Maybe I should make some... kekeke...
__________________
Evangelion Xgouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-15, 13:01   Link #6489
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghazghkull View Post
*pokes Keroko*

BTW do you still have the old Syn's profile lying around somewhere?

It's just so I have something to reference to.
Sure thing, it's in Old Cadia. Here you go.
__________________
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-15, 13:03   Link #6490
ghazghkull
The Dang-meister
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: British Columbia, Canada
Age: 25
Send a message via MSN to ghazghkull Send a message via Yahoo to ghazghkull
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelion Xgouki View Post
So this is the Faiz Gear user you were working on, huh? And you had to include the Autovajin . So is this whole thing going to be a side-story thing? Oh, and it's Orphnoch .

I'm surprised you have no Blade characters yet. Maybe I should make some... kekeke...
You realize what you've just done right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Sure thing, it's in Old Cadia. Here you go.
Excellent >:3
ghazghkull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-15, 13:05   Link #6491
Evangelion Xgouki
NERV Personnel
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Tokyo 3, Japan
Age: 28
Send a message via AIM to Evangelion Xgouki Send a message via MSN to Evangelion Xgouki
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghazghkull View Post
You realize what you've just done right?
Possibly claiming characters that you want before you can to match the set of Rider System gear I'll be getting in a few weeks?
__________________
Evangelion Xgouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-15, 14:29   Link #6492
FlameSparkZ
Ambiguous Pokerface
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Fighting demons and the like
I believe I still haven't made an index post of my works in this thread, so might as well do it now.

1st thread's List of OCs and Chapters

Spoiler for BreakerS:

Spoiler for WindS:


Well, that's it...Now for something else

Spoiler for Fuuko <3:

Many thanks to Sheba for finding the original image and Lowe for shopping it
__________________

Last edited by FlameSparkZ; 2014-02-24 at 14:32.
FlameSparkZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-15, 14:36   Link #6493
LoweGear
Device Meister
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Everywhere and nowhere at once
Fuuko-chan requires a starfish ther-

*dodges thrown starfish*

*ehem*

Anyways... one of the observations we had in OCC was that ANY pic that can be shopped into Vivio can be conversely shopped into Keroko (since Keroko is based off Vivio afterall ). Hence, the result is THIS image...

Spoiler for Keroko :3:


*RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNZ!!!!!*
__________________

On Life: "If you have problem with Ukrainian hard house, you have problem with life. If you have problem with life ... maybe we can fix that."
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-15, 14:56   Link #6494
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameSparkZ View Post
Spoiler for Fuuko <3:

Many thanks to Sheba for finding the original image and Lowe for shopping it
Needs more starfish. :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Anyways... one of the observations we had in OCC was that ANY pic that can be shopped into Vivio can be conversely shopped into Keroko (since Keroko is based off Vivio afterall ). Hence, the result is THIS image...

Spoiler for Keroko :3:


*RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNZ!!!!!*
Ahh, I love the beach.
__________________
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-15, 15:05   Link #6495
Tempy
Σ(。д(o--(ಠ益ಠ )
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Hotsprings Resort
Age: 27
It's times like these that I almost regret making Noland blind.
__________________
Tempy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-15, 15:15   Link #6496
Evangelion Xgouki
NERV Personnel
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Tokyo 3, Japan
Age: 28
Send a message via AIM to Evangelion Xgouki Send a message via MSN to Evangelion Xgouki
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest Dynasty View Post
It's times like these that I almost regret making Noland blind.
Let him get a modern visual aid like Geordi La Forge?
__________________
Evangelion Xgouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-15, 15:18   Link #6497
PhoenixG
Hi-Eternal
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Backyard of Moriya shrine
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest Dynasty View Post
It's times like these that I almost regret making Noland blind.
and go beserk at everyone that oggles at her?

.... >.> ..... <.<.....


*flees*
PhoenixG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-15, 15:33   Link #6498
stormturmoil
Field Medic
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Send a message via AIM to stormturmoil Send a message via MSN to stormturmoil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelion Xgouki View Post
Let him get a modern visual aid like Geordi La Forge?
Actually, they can probably do better, given Number Cooperation.

specifically, Sein has that Finger-eye she uses as a periscope while using IS: Deep Diver.

If they can duplicate that, they can probably give Noland convincing optic Implants.

Whether that goes ahead would be down to the details and ultimately, Noland himself...
stormturmoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-15, 15:47   Link #6499
Tempy
Σ(。д(o--(ಠ益ಠ )
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Hotsprings Resort
Age: 27
Technically Noland CAN see. His blindness is voluntary.

Ya see, his device, Cocytus, is responsible for his state. Currently, in his skull, Cocytus sleeps where his eyes used to be. The wraps around his eyes suppress the device and allow him some measure of peace. However if they come off, Noland can in fact see, but at a great cost. With clarity of vision comes mind crushing insanity and rage. Ocular implants and the like won't work so well due to his device's presence.

So yeah. In his case, he'd rather be blind than be a berserker.
__________________
Tempy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-15, 15:52   Link #6500
ghazghkull
The Dang-meister
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: British Columbia, Canada
Age: 25
Send a message via MSN to ghazghkull Send a message via Yahoo to ghazghkull
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest Dynasty View Post
Technically Noland CAN see. His blindness is voluntary.

Ya see, his device, Cocytus, is responsible for his state. Currently, in his skull, Cocytus sleeps where his eyes used to be. The wraps around his eyes suppress the device and allow him some measure of peace. However if they come off, Noland can in fact see, but at a great cost. With clarity of vision comes mind crushing insanity and rage. Ocular implants and the like won't work so well due to his device's presence.

So yeah. In his case, he'd rather be blind than be a berserker.
I dun suppose they could surgically remove his device, or was it stated somewhere in his profile that they're stuck, and they won't come out without killing him? :<
ghazghkull is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
hayaurion, kaonland, keroland, khrack, original content

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:10.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.