AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Nanoha

Notices

Old 2009-04-18, 03:51   Link #6561
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Need inspiration?

Spoiler for How about this?:

... Sorry, couldn't resist
... Doesn't really compute, but cyborgs and missile launchers I'll go watch right away!

For now a possible candidate would be this girl:

Spoiler for You don't want to know what's under that skirt...:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
The problem is, Jail was the leader in the field and canon has designated that he made the tech viable... So you either go for borgs that can barely function, or you go with Jail.
Yes, he perfected the technology... and then spread the knowledge around. That was 25 years ago, and a lot of scientists not related to Jail went on the run with it. Subaru and Ginga were among the results, and they were created before StrikerS.

Bottomline: fully functional cyborgs, even created before StrikerS, are viable as long as they were created at most 25 years before StrikerS

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesEdwards View Post
Well, since we're starting a new page and OCT hasn't been doing much of anythin' awfully productive. Here, another ficcie from J-Easy. Read, Enjoy, Reply, etc., at your own pace.

Spoiler for The Gravity Front 1.2:

Mad kudos go to Person with Many Aliases for permission to use his Espada. That guy is one legendary, cool cat in my book.

Oh, and here's the linky back to the first ep, if y'all feel like going back.

Spoiler for Back to the First Ep:
I have to say, when reading this chapter it kinda made me wonder "... Am I still reading a Nanoha fic?" There's not much linking back to the Nanohaverse to make it recognizable. It feels more like I'm reading a Star Wars fic.

Of course, that could also just be the fact that I actually played Republic Commando just over ten hours ago.

Still, it was a cool read. The constant 'ta's' instead of 'to's' were a bit confusing at first, but you quickly become used to it.
Old 2009-04-18, 04:15   Link #6562
FlameSparkZ
Ambiguous Pokerface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
... Doesn't really compute, but cyborgs and missile launchers I'll go watch right away!

*Already knows*
It's pink...but there's other things there too >_>

But...
Spoiler for She's cute when she scowls <3:

Hehe
Old 2009-04-18, 04:20   Link #6563
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

You wouldn't happen to have any gameplay clips of her, would you? I can only find MAD's when I search 'tube and Veoh... and my copy of Little Busters! is not the EX version, so I can't blindly bash buttons until I encounter her either.
Old 2009-04-18, 04:36   Link #6564
FlameSparkZ
Ambiguous Pokerface

Quote:
You wouldn't happen to have any gameplay clips of her, would you? I can only find MAD's when I search 'tube and Veoh... and my copy of Little Busters! is not the EX version, so I can't blindly bash buttons until I encounter her either.
Nope, just got the CG
Though, I am feeling inclined to getting the game <_<
Old 2009-04-18, 06:36   Link #6565
MeisterBabylon
~ Ping For Effect ~
*Author

Quote:

It's a--!

Artei: Got it, Fishface. Hang on!

*spins the helm hard to port and Creatorman is sent flying*

Quote:
Yes, he perfected the technology... and then spread the knowledge around. That was 25 years ago, and a lot of scientists not related to Jail went on the run with it. Subaru and Ginga were among the results, and they were created before StrikerS.

Bottomline: fully functional cyborgs, even created before StrikerS, are viable as long as they were created at most 25 years before StrikerS.
Looks like I got the dates messed up.

So let me get the canon timeline straight: Jail made the technology viable, then shared the data, and then someone perfected it and created the Type-0 series leading to Subaru and Ginga? Hence why Jail wanted to get his hands on them?

Just to confirm that cyborg-tech is a lot more decentralized than I thot, cos then I won't need to go to roundabout lengths for another plot element of mine.

On money: Every man has a price. For everything else, there's MakoCard.
MeisterBabylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-18, 06:54   Link #6566
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
It's a--!

Artei: Got it, Fishface. Hang on!

*spins the helm hard to port and Creatorman is sent flying*

21:
.... die.

Well, at least you got to see what was hidden underneath, even though it wasn't what you expected...

Quote:
Looks like I got the dates messed up.

So let me get the canon timeline straight: Jail made the technology viable, then shared the data, and then someone perfected it and created the Type-0 series leading to Subaru and Ginga? Hence why Jail wanted to get his hands on them?

Just to confirm that cyborg-tech is a lot more decentralized than I thot, cos then I won't need to go to roundabout lengths for another plot element of mine.
Yes, yes, maybe, yes, something like that.

Yes, Jail made the technology viable, yes he shared the data. Whether or not the person who created Ginga and Subaru perfected it is questionable, all we know is that they were born 'in a different way' then the Numbers. It's possible Jail simply wanted them retrieved because they were cyborgs, or because he was curious how whomever put them together did it. He is a scientist after all.

Last edited by Keroko; 2009-04-18 at 07:10.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-18, 07:08   Link #6567
MeisterBabylon
~ Ping For Effect ~
*Author

Quote:

21:
.... die.

Well, at least you got to see what was hidden underneath, even though it wasn't what you expected...
"I, Karlheim shovon Touareg, have always had extraordinary luck."

*stares down barrel of the boltgun of the kind he wasn't expecting*

"The wrong kind of luck."

Quote:
Yes, yes, maybe, yes, something like that.

Yes, Jail made the technology viable, yes he shared the data. Whether or not the person who created Ginga and Subaru perfected it is questionable, all we know is that they were born 'in a different way' then the Numbers. It's possible Jail simply wanted them retrieved because they were cyborgs, or because he was curious how whomever put them together did it. He's a scientist after all.
That's good enough. Suddenly, there are 3 projects as opposed to just 1 parent and many offspring.

Last edited by MeisterBabylon; 2009-04-18 at 07:19.
Old 2009-04-18, 07:12   Link #6568
LoweGear
Device Meister
*Graphic Designer

Quote:

21:
.... die.

Spoiler for Suhweet:

Ammo pouches on leg.... now that's HAWT True Absolute Territory indeed

*FLEEEEEEEEEEEEEZ*

You know though, her eyes need a little modification...

Yes, Sentoukijin Moddo

On Life: "If you have problem with Ukrainian hard house, you have problem with life. If you have problem with life ... maybe we can fix that."
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-18, 07:22   Link #6569
MeisterBabylon
~ Ping For Effect ~
*Author

Quote:
Yes, Sentoukijin Moddo
Hopefully, she's not connected to the two moons.

Good thing Karl is "indestructible"; makes for surviving hilarious bashings.

Old 2009-04-18, 08:31   Link #6570
kct
Walk dat crank yo

Send a message via MSN to kct
Quote:
...I don't think the original version have her at all. She's a new addition in EX.
kct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-18, 09:32   Link #6571
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Saint~! Saint~! LVD just opened up a treasure chest for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVD View Post
Quote:
Ammo pouches on leg.... now that's HAWT True Absolute Territory indeed

*FLEEEEEEEEEEEEEZ*

You know though, her eyes need a little modification...

Spoiler:

Yes, Sentoukijin Moddo
Ah, forgot about that.

Oh, by the way, what would Yuzu's personality be like?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kct View Post
...I don't think the original version have her at all. She's a new addition in EX.
Hence why I can't blindly play my game to find her.
Old 2009-04-18, 10:06   Link #6572
LoweGear
Device Meister
*Graphic Designer

Quote:

Ah, forgot about that.

Oh, by the way, what would Yuzu's personality be like?
Initially, during the cyborg assassinations she performs, Yuzu appears to be the cocky, arrogant bitch who likes to taunt people to prove her superiority. This is a side effect of the will suppression performed on her though (enforced by external implants).

Once said suppression is gone, her true persona emerges: basically a child who's rather curious, rather naive, and VERY active with a love of play - given that she's only been awake for 10 years by Force. This means she pesters nearly everyone and everything that interests her ALOT, endearing to some, annoying to others. There is still a sliver of her faux personality though, which means that when engaged in combat she still likes to taunt people, albeit with a childish demeanor instead of an arrogant air. Another remnant is how she treats combat more like a game where you knock out your enemies (easy enough for someone like her with an SS+ Cyborg Strength) than an actual life or death situation , meaning she isn't usually afraid of going headlong into battle unless you tell her to kill.

This is a draft though, and I might need to refine her a bit in the future. But that's more or less the gist of what I thought of for her personality

Edit: I always did imagine Teana as the Strike Noir - twin pistols, AND grapples WITH melee combat ability? The only thing Teana's missing is actually having a black BJ

On Life: "If you have problem with Ukrainian hard house, you have problem with life. If you have problem with life ... maybe we can fix that."
Old 2009-04-18, 10:22   Link #6573
Saint X
VxR Productions
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Saint X
Quote:
Seen that long ago desu~

Esp that Signum one.

*is being chased by Magical Faldotts at work*

I hope *dodge* that Keroko can *evade* keep up with "Mirror"...

*is shot*
Old 2009-04-18, 11:46   Link #6574
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Initially, during the cyborg assassinations she performs, Yuzu appears to be the cocky, arrogant bitch who likes to taunt people to prove her superiority. This is a side effect of the will suppression performed on her though (enforced by external implants).

Once said suppression is gone, her true persona emerges: basically a child who's rather curious, rather naive, and VERY active with a love of play - given that she's only been awake for 10 years by Force. This means she pesters nearly everyone and everything that interests her ALOT, endearing to some, annoying to others. There is still a sliver of her faux personality though, which means that when engaged in combat she still likes to taunt people, albeit with a childish demeanor instead of an arrogant air. Another remnant is how she treats combat more like a game where you knock out your enemies (easy enough for someone like her with an SS+ Cyborg Strength) than an actual life or death situation , meaning she isn't usually afraid of going headlong into battle unless you tell her to kill.

This is a draft though, and I might need to refine her a bit in the future. But that's more or less the gist of what I thought of for her personality
So you're putting a childish inquisitive girl together with the dark Mai? Hooh boy.

Though her interactions with 21 will be entertaining as well. 21 is a tsundere, and one of those tsunderes with an urge to win, a healthy dose of pride and a healthy restraint against losing it. Being a tsundere, I imagine her relationship with Yuzu would be one mixed between finding her annoying and caring for her at the same time. In Sentoukijin Mode during the assassination period (I'm planning for 21 to be Eden's opponent, and under control of our glassed evil scientist as well) she was a cold and virtually emotionless killer, as seen in the image. A real professional killer only interested in finding the target, killing it, and moving on to the next one. She still maintains some of that personality, and it can come out in extreme tsun moments (aura of doom included, beware ye who lack a second X) or when she's serious about a task.

And yes, you can make her go dere~dere.

And Yuzu is a full melee cyborg I take it then? Wouldn't have guessed that from her appearance. Just one question though... when you say she's been awake for 10 years by force, do you mean awake as in 'born' awake, or awake as in 'freed from the scientist' awake?

Quote:
Edit: I always did imagine Teana as the Strike Noir - twin pistols, AND grapples WITH melee combat ability? The only thing Teana's missing is actually having a black BJ
She does have a black-red undercoat...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint X View Post
Seen that long ago desu~

Esp that Signum one.
Okay, just thought I'd flare them up.

Quote:
*is being chased by Magical Faldotts at work*

I hope *dodge* that Keroko can *evade* keep up with "Mirror"...

*is shot*
*skims profiles* Mirror?
Old 2009-04-18, 11:51   Link #6575
JamesEdwards
ANTI-Nonsense

Send a message via AIM to JamesEdwards
Quote:
I have to say, when reading this chapter it kinda made me wonder "... Am I still reading a Nanoha fic?" There's not much linking back to the Nanohaverse to make it recognizable. It feels more like I'm reading a Star Wars fic.

Of course, that could also just be the fact that I actually played Republic Commando just over ten hours ago.

Still, it was a cool read. The constant 'ta's' instead of 'to's' were a bit confusing at first, but you quickly become used to it.
Well, it does take place in my little homebrew verse, but more to the point.

I guess, it does not feel particularly magical because of the Powered Device. Those things are pure killing machines. The mage is nothing more than an overrated power source and a will directing that engine of death towards its objective. As a mage wearing one, you don't really do traditional or modern spell casting anymore. The device pretty much handles everything for you, all that magic is happening underneath the hood, and they are "simple" spells, so it's no big deal, plus it allows the device to hide / mask the normally dead-give-away magic circles internally.

As the operator, all you have to do is assess the situation, move, and kill. That's it. Granted, there are models designed with actual spell casting in mind. Six-Four's ain't one. The maximum his PD does that is magick and reminds you that it is a device is the multi-Round Shields it can deploy. Everything else is rather subtle in comparison.
Old 2009-04-18, 11:59   Link #6576
Saint X
VxR Productions
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Saint X
Quote:
the question is...

DOES SHE FLASH?

*is shot*

Quote:
Okay, just thought I'd flare them up.
Concern Acknowledged.

Quote:
*skims profiles* Mirror?
I'll be folding her in soon.

She is basically your Evil Faintear/Imitate with additions that could make one cry foul

*looks behind*

If I can finish this all in time.

*runs away holding a lot of dossiers while being shot at*
Old 2009-04-18, 12:09   Link #6577
LoweGear
Device Meister
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
So you're putting a childish inquisitive girl together with the dark Mai? Hooh boy.
Kinda a foil to Mai, who hardly interacts with others unless it's part of her job, to have to care for Yuzu, who seems to want to play with others all the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko
Though her interactions with 21 will be entertaining as well. 21 is a tsundere, and one of those tsunderes with an urge to win, a healthy dose of pride and a healthy restraint against losing it. Being a tsundere, I imagine her relationship with Yuzu would be one mixed between finding her annoying and caring for her at the same time. In Sentoukijin Mode during the assassination period (I'm planning for 21 to be Eden's opponent, and under control of our glassed evil scientist as well) she was a cold and virtually emotionless killer, as seen in the image. A real professional killer only interested in finding the target, killing it, and moving on to the next one. She still maintains some of that personality, and it can come out in extreme tsun moments (aura of doom included, beware ye who lack a second X) or when she's serious about a task.

*sees Kha's Tsun Radar Activate*

So essentially, 21 is Yuzu's ane-chan while both were in control of our scientist here, and so she basically goes to wherever Yuzu is... while denying the true reason she's coming along in the first place?

"I-I heard you can get better maintenance there..."

?

And dare I say... men beware huh... are we gonna see some bi tendencies out of he-

*hides in foxhole*

Quote:
And Yuzu is a full melee cyborg I take it then? Wouldn't have guessed that from her appearance. Just one question though... when you say she's been awake for 10 years by force, do you mean awake as in 'born' awake, or awake as in 'freed from the scientist' awake?
Yes, full melee, to the point of not having any experience or skill with the use of hand held ranged or melee weapons at all (with a very rudimentary targetting system she's a very lousy shot ). This was made as a nerf for her two mutually exclusive Inherent Skills: Her extremely short range Anti-Magic (not anti magilink, anti magic) defense field Null Absolution, and her long range electronic disabling field, Absolute Judgement. Her latter skill is what makes her so deadly against other cyborgs: She was designed to be able to shut down any unprotected mechanical devices within 50 meters, including its primary target, other cyborgs.

Full details on the skill if asked, but suffice it to say it's Aaronbuster approved

And yes, born awake. Hence why the will suppression and faux persona was needed in the first place: to keep her from disobeying orders since she has a personality of her own. Technically, she's 12 years old, though she's only been "alive" for 10 of those years.

Quote:
Forgot about that. Now to have Tea's vest be black as well, then we're talking

Old 2009-04-18, 12:25   Link #6578
MeisterBabylon
~ Ping For Effect ~
*Author

Quote:
Thx for the offer to the Collective! Now if only some of them didn't look like its just the girls' heads stuck on machine bodies...

Quote:

We all love Personality Supression in borgs do we? Like Kaprika/Trieze, S***/M****...

Quote:
QFT

Quote:
*sees Kha's Tsun Radar Activate*
*Newtype reaction*

What's this... presence I feel? @_@

Quote:

...I see why now.

I think Kaprika/Trieze's fit into the puzzle somewhere, since by definition, she's the older sister of everyone after herself (13).

I can't really describe Kaprika well in a few sentences... First of all, she does not fall into any strict moe archetype. She's energetic, positive, but not a klutz. While she can have a sharp tongue, she isn't tsundere, nor is she afraid of showing her feelings. She's got a mane of silver (shares it with her brother and mother), but she isn't extremely cold nor extremely hoppity. She has some mannerisms like ending her sentences with desu wa, but she isn't an airhead. She seems to fit into the imouto-moe category, but she doesn't run around with hair-raising silliness. She's voiced by Mako Sakurai but is nowhere as lacking in direction as Akiha.

If you could imagine how the protagonist of Legally Blonde was meant to turn a stereotype on its head, Kaprika as a character has the looks of the anime version of an airhead, but isn't like that at all.

Trieze on the other hand is Kaprika's security program. She overtly manifests only when the body is in grave danger, overriding Kaprika and has complete access to the databank of Inherent Skills stored in the Number's head and plasmids which she utilizes with superhuman precision to ward off the threat. She also has access to Kaprika's Tracing Rare Skill and uses it to retrace the proper Inherent Equipment able to amplify the best IS to deal with the situation. She is straight-laced and stern, not showing emotion, but due to her analytical nature (and very quantified quality choice of words) she does have a blunt bite. Mercilessly efficient like a scalpal, and you could even say completely unlike Kaprika at all. And yet, Kaprika's energy rubs off on her, and when it comes to the crunch, would still choose her heart over her head.

Of the rescued Numbers, Kaprika spends the most time with Combat Housekeepers Otto and Deed, and together with Sein, who is in training to join Sister-Captain Schach and the Cleric Knights, there is no end to the mischief to be had.

...oh gawd I rambled so bad. @_@

@FlameZ: I used Trieze as a template for Kaprika, then later she got assimilated completely during the extensive revisions. I wanted to ask you for permission but you weren't around for a long time...

Old 2009-04-18, 13:30   Link #6579
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameSparkZ View Post
Spoiler for She's cute when she scowls <3:

Hehe
Quote:
21: .... die.

Spoiler for pic:

Shit, I think I'm in love...
Old 2009-04-18, 14:25   Link #6580
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesEdwards View Post
Well, it does take place in my little homebrew verse, but more to the point.

I guess, it does not feel particularly magical because of the Powered Device. Those things are pure killing machines. The mage is nothing more than an overrated power source and a will directing that engine of death towards its objective. As a mage wearing one, you don't really do traditional or modern spell casting anymore. The device pretty much handles everything for you, all that magic is happening underneath the hood, and they are "simple" spells, so it's no big deal, plus it allows the device to hide / mask the normally dead-give-away magic circles internally.

As the operator, all you have to do is assess the situation, move, and kill. That's it. Granted, there are models designed with actual spell casting in mind. Six-Four's ain't one. The maximum his PD does that is magick and reminds you that it is a device is the multi-Round Shields it can deploy. Everything else is rather subtle in comparison.
Yeah, that might be it. Well, like I said, it wasn't a bad read, it just didn't feel very Nanoha-ish.

Quote:
I'll be folding her in soon.

She is basically your Evil Faintear/Imitate with additions that could make one cry foul

*looks behind*

If I can finish this all in time.

*runs away holding a lot of dossiers while being shot at*
Well, bring her on. I'll start crying nerf after I've seen it, not before.

Quote:
Kinda a foil to Mai, who hardly interacts with others unless it's part of her job, to have to care for Yuzu, who seems to want to play with others all the time.
"You're not taking the bait for subtle character development? All right, then I'll bring in the big guns."

Quote:
So essentially, 21 is Yuzu's ane-chan while both were in control of our scientist here, and so she basically goes to wherever Yuzu is... while denying the true reason she's coming along in the first place?

"I-I heard you can get better maintenance there..."

?
Pretty much. It becomes rather ironic when you realize that technically Yuzu is the older sister. However, due to Yuzu's childish nature, 21 assumes the role of the elder sister. After all, calling someone who acts like a child her older sister is a blow to her pride she'd rather not take. It's also the reason why she never calls herself 21 (just have to think of a good name for her) because people have a tendency to note that that would make Yuzu the elder sister.

Quote:
And dare I say... men beware huh... are we gonna see some bi tendencies out of he-

*hides in foxhole*
*bullets riddle the place where Lowe was standing mere moments ago*

The possibility of that is rather high, yes.

*deploys bubble shield before the rain shifts direction*

Quote:
Yes, full melee, to the point of not having any experience or skill with the use of hand held ranged or melee weapons at all (with a very rudimentary targetting system she's a very lousy shot ). This was made as a nerf for her two mutually exclusive Inherent Skills: Her extremely short range Anti-Magic (not anti magilink, anti magic) defense field Null Absolution, and her long range electronic disabling field, Absolute Judgement. Her latter skill is what makes her so deadly against other cyborgs: She was designed to be able to shut down any unprotected mechanical devices within 50 meters, including its primary target, other cyborgs.

Full details on the skill if asked, but suffice it to say it's Aaronbuster approved
Requesting more info on the Null Absolution skill then.

I'm working on some anti-mage stuff myself, though since 21 is going to be a ranged character hers will be primarily offensive in nature. I'm working on series of Anti-Magilink bullets, since 21 is going to be using a lot of mass-weaponry when fighting Eden. Her IS is called Infinite Armory for a reason.

Quote:
And yes, born awake. Hence why the will suppression and faux persona was needed in the first place: to keep her from disobeying orders since she has a personality of her own. Technically, she's 12 years old, though she's only been "alive" for 10 of those years.
*scribble scribble* Hmm, that production of her had started roughly seven years before StrikerS, right?

Quote:
Forgot about that. Now to have Tea's vest be black as well, then we're talking
I think the only reason they changed that was because of the whole 'uniforms based on the squad captains' gig.

Quote:
@FlameZ: I used Trieze as a template for Kaprika, then later she got assimilated completely during the extensive revisions. I wanted to ask you for permission but you weren't around for a long time...
... Hope you don't mind if I wait for Flame's word on this first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyral View Post
Shit, I think I'm in love...
Deshou? I'm kicking myself for not going for Little Busters! EX now. >_<

Oh well, at least I secured her template for OC purposes.

Tags
hayaurion, kaonland, keroland, khrack, original content