AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Nanoha

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-06-02, 06:22   Link #681
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Doing Anzu's paperwork.
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comartemis View Post
....I see your point. Though I fear for the sanity of our boys in Iraq if they've devolved into psychos who'd blow up a dog for sport, but that's neither here nor there.

How does a three-to-five-second charge period sound for a grenade-level explosion? That's about the length of the fuse, I think, right?

*EDIT*
And if we happen to have any army vets in here, spare me the lecture on how I have no idea what war does to people, because frankly there's no excuse for killing something for sport like that poor mutt.
Posting on the run: MNF Iraq leadership investigated seriously this issue; last I heard from Blackfive, the soldiers involved were being punished, quietly but severly.

The general mindset of the US forces is as follows: combat stress sucks. Deal with it and get on with the job. Soldier, soldier.

And most soldiers in Iraq woulda kicked the asses of these guys, especially if they'd run with Deuce Four (2-4 Infantry Battalion, a Stryker unit that saw heavy combat in Mosul in 2005). When the pest control people came to take away this local dog that Deuce Four adopted as their own (Sheba the dog had also one time brought along the still-beating heart of a would-be suicide bomber - it's a long story), Deuce Four CO LTC Erik Kurilla basically told the Pest Control people to GTFO and if they tried to take Deuce Four's dog away Deuce Four would kill them all. The pest control people, armed with dogcatching tools, versus a fully-armed fully equipped Stryker Batt loaded for bear, wisely backed off.
__________________
~Speaking my mind, even when it costs me~
One must forgive one's enemies, but not before they are hanged.Heinrich Heine.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-02, 06:25   Link #682
mamott99
The Burning Toilet
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Australia
Send a message via AIM to mamott99 Send a message via MSN to mamott99 Send a message via Yahoo to mamott99
Did Mibbit crap out for you guys, or is it just me? I just got disconnected from Mibbit's IRC server. >_<
__________________
Epic Winning Failure.

Because on a scale of 1-10, "I'm lactose intolerant and I decided to set my toilet on fire. I downed a quart of 91% rubbing alcohol. It destroyed the porcelain in my bowl and I'm down a toilet. What should I do?" is a 3.141159265...
mamott99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-02, 06:34   Link #683
NorthernFallout
Return
*Author
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Frosty Scandinavia
Age: 25
^ I'm still on and it looks like noone else has problems.
__________________

Steam: ax/apocnuke | LET'S ROCK
NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-02, 07:43   Link #684
mamott99
The Burning Toilet
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Australia
Send a message via AIM to mamott99 Send a message via MSN to mamott99 Send a message via Yahoo to mamott99
Damn, must just be me, then. -_-;
__________________
Epic Winning Failure.

Because on a scale of 1-10, "I'm lactose intolerant and I decided to set my toilet on fire. I downed a quart of 91% rubbing alcohol. It destroyed the porcelain in my bowl and I'm down a toilet. What should I do?" is a 3.141159265...
mamott99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-02, 09:03   Link #685
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Fate- View Post
A bit yeah XD. ALthough, my original intent in sketching the Sonic EXA Form was to have Fate trying to look a bit like Lindy (the pony tail). <3
Yes, we need more Lindy. <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyral View Post
Huff... finally!

I really stuck here but I'm happy that I was able to finish it.

So... here is Part 4 of my main story! Enjoy!

Spoiler for Part4:
Posesion is a pain. >_< Offing your dad like that... Ew.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tk3997 View Post
*TK lures Outer Cadia Zwei to his cloning lab with the promise of candy.*

TK (Rubbing his hands together): “Man freaky Otaku will pay through the nose for one of these! Once I clone up a few thousand of them I’m gonna be frikkin rich!”

Outer Cadia Zwei (sucking a lollipop): “Is this going to be fun?!”

TK (absently): “Huh yeah tons of fun! Now go get in that vat full of green slime...”
You use green slime for cloning? You have the weirdest fantasies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
Sneaky posuto~!

Spoiler for size:


About time, or ABOUT TIME?!



*RUNZ!!!*
About time indeed.

Though... those eyes are exactly like Keroko when she channels Aspect magic or berserks.

Mass-corruption of the cast? Creepy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tk3997 View Post
For some reason I'm getting unexplained Kagerou vibes off of Nanoha in that pic, but I'm not sure why and I find that fact highly disturbingly... Damn it Kag you need to stop acting like a women in IRC it's messing with my sense of reality!
And people wonder why we enjoy being traps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkhangelsk View Post
More like as long as it is magic, it passes. The Arcenciel was the death of the "random child" line before it was even shown.
Is it? For all we know that lock needs magic to apear, or magic to fire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkhangelsk View Post
Though frankly, the basic concept of the "Deadeye" form has been done before - the Lance Rifle. I guess not actually writing it as having a muzzle velocity of two thousand meters per second is the real reason why your weapon is getting off light in comparison to poor Lance Rifle
Which is what I've been saying for a loooong time now. There's a reason the show stays away from numbers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comartemis View Post
OC reference, Fenris. "Kha" is Kha's signature original character, and one of the better-known OCs in this thread, along with Keroko, best-known OC of the poster of the same name.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenris Blacwell View Post
*sweatdrop* I knew that much. Actually, the whole reason I found out about these boards was I saw a picture of Keroko-san on deviant art. I meant I didn't know what the Sacred Primers' Device Range is. Is it a "real" place in the show or a fan creation?
I'm flattered that Keroko is so widely know.
__________________
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-02, 09:31   Link #686
AdmiralTigerclaw
Sword Wielding Penguin
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Subspace, Texas
Age: 29
Send a message via AIM to AdmiralTigerclaw
Speaking of Lindy...

Given that Chrono is a top notch Enforcer (now Admiral)... I wonder just how GOOD Lindy was in her prime, and how good she'd be in an all out scrap now?

Because that gives me the idea of how to resolve the final Conflict with Daedalus Malandra. Not with Nanoha beating the crap out of him and Befriending him... but with Lindy beating the crap out of him and Befriending him. (Nanoha's rubbed off on Lindy. ^_~v )

Spoiler for Lindy's Battle Music:
__________________
"Escalating a war is not how I envisioned this vacation..."
Ernest 'Admiral Tigerclaw' Hart
OWNER: Samurai Penguin Studios
"Because people dig birds with swords."
AdmiralTigerclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-02, 10:21   Link #687
Tempy
Σ(。д°(o--(ಠ益ಠ )
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Hotsprings Resort
Age: 28
Huh.

Texas Faggot - Back to Mad

Haven't heard that in a while.

Just don't watch the original music video to it...
__________________
Tempy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-02, 10:21   Link #688
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Germany
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Posesion is a pain. >_< Offing your dad like that... Ew.
It was not his dad! He just came from his parents grave. He offed his old instructor from training school.
__________________
Kyral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-02, 10:31   Link #689
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 26
Nya? *re-reads* Whoops, guess the 'son' bit stuck more. Still, ew. >_<

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralTigerclaw View Post
Speaking of Lindy...

Given that Chrono is a top notch Enforcer (now Admiral)... I wonder just how GOOD Lindy was in her prime, and how good she'd be in an all out scrap now?

Because that gives me the idea of how to resolve the final Conflict with Daedalus Malandra. Not with Nanoha beating the crap out of him and Befriending him... but with Lindy beating the crap out of him and Befriending him. (Nanoha's rubbed off on Lindy. ^_~v )

Spoiler for Lindy's Battle Music:
Great idea though in my opinion, Lindy should have mastered the art of 'befriending' herself a long time ago. Kinda like Nanoha's predecesor.

And that music was.... horrible. >_<
__________________
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-02, 10:39   Link #690
Jimmy C
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Is it? For all we know that lock needs magic to apear, or magic to fire.
The details of the lock are not important. The actual cannon itself has to be powered by some kind of artificial magic energy generator, unless you want to argue that the Asura was carrying an entire company of S-rank mages for the purpose of powering it.
That being the case, it is possible to create magic cannons without the lock system and it would still work just fine. It's just like how we can make working guns without safties, but don't because it's not considered a good idea.
Jimmy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-02, 10:46   Link #691
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Lording above all of humanity >;3
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Nanoha's eye-color does not fall into any spectrum of the RGB code-charts. You can't go accurate with color codings anyway, because they tend to differ from scene to scene (heck even which position on the eye you click matters) The closest comparison we have are, ironically, Slate Blue and Medium Purple.

Anyway, just because Nanoha has clear purple eyes in that picture is no need to call 'fake' I thought the Nanofate fans had grown beyond that childish retort already.
I never said that...
I just said I couldn't figure out who the girl in the bottom left was supposed to be since I thought Nanoha's eyes were blue not purple

I didn't mean to come off that way...
__________________
krisslanza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-02, 10:59   Link #692
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy C View Post
The details of the lock are not important. The actual cannon itself has to be powered by some kind of artificial magic energy generator, unless you want to argue that the Asura was carrying an entire company of S-rank mages for the purpose of powering it.
That being the case, it is possible to create magic cannons without the lock system and it would still work just fine. It's just like how we can make working guns without safties, but don't because it's not considered a good idea.
Small difference between the two being that anyone can figure out how a safety works. You can't use a magic lock if you can't use magic. It still stays with the general idea of the storyline: You need to be able to use magic to use the weapon.

Also, the need for magic also brings in all other sorts of safeties. Like the key being linked to Lindy's core or something of the sorts. Unsuported by canon, I know, but its an idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post
I never said that...
I just said I couldn't figure out who the girl in the bottom left was supposed to be since I thought Nanoha's eyes were blue not purple

I didn't mean to come off that way...
Oh, sorry then, but it came of as... well, typical Nanofate denial.

I guess its one of the downsides of having survived the ship wars.
__________________
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-02, 11:33   Link #693
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Lording above all of humanity >;3
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Oh, sorry then, but it came of as... well, typical Nanofate denial.

I guess its one of the downsides of having survived the ship wars.
I thought you knew me better then that I might not LIKE Yuuno but I won't go doing... Bad things to Yuunoha stuff

But anyway I've just being really offtopic I have something I can post here later, from Arc-en-Ciel, but I need to run it by my friend first to make sure its all good to post.
__________________
krisslanza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-02, 12:05   Link #694
Evangelion Xgouki
NERV Personnel
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Tokyo 3, Japan
Age: 29
Send a message via AIM to Evangelion Xgouki Send a message via MSN to Evangelion Xgouki
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyral View Post
Huff... finally!

I really stuck here but I'm happy that I was able to finish it.

So... here is Part 4 of my main story! Enjoy!

Spoiler for Part4:
Yay for part 4!! Let the darkness continue to consume...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
Let's draw a cute little line here as a border.

__________________________________________
*GASP*

It's...it's...A RED LINE!!!

*RUNS FOR THE HILLS*

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralTigerclaw View Post
No, it must be done RIGHT.


[AKANE TENDOU]BAAAAAAAAAAAAA-KA[/AKANE TENDOU]

She mastered the art of saying 'Baka' just right.
I still prefer Asuka's

[Asuka]Anta BAAAKKKAAA?![/Asuka]

And then sometimes followed by a punch to the face or roundhouse kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tk3997 View Post
*TK lures Outer Cadia Zwei to his cloning lab with the promise of candy.*

TK (Rubbing his hands together): “Man freaky Otaku will pay through the nose for one of these! Once I clone up a few thousand of them I’m gonna be frikkin rich!”

Outer Cadia Zwei (sucking a lollipop): “Is this going to be fun?!”

TK (absently): “Huh yeah tons of fun! Now go get in that vat full of green slime...”
...you're planning on using the funding to make your massive Destroid army, aren't you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
Tomino is the maker of several famous anime, including several famous emofests like Gundam Zeta and Zeta Zed. I love his works, and I try to take a few pages from his book. I reckon you'd love those anime. Oh and Serial Experiments Lain.

As for MoW, sorry Fenris, its mostly unwritten. But here's the prologue. and it's not exactly emo...
And Space Runaway Ideon. Can't forget that deathfest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest Dynasty View Post
Don't forget the Hellish Downer "Space Runaway Ideon."

No one was spared. Not even the children...
Ah, good ol' Kill Em All Tomino...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
Keroko: Say cheese! *snaps picture*

Kha: *doubled over laughing*
Yuuno: Stop laughing and save me!
Kha: I thought it would be good to share the love.
Stella: And you look like you are enjoying youself, Ferret-tan!
Kha: That is correct, Stella.

Yuuno: KHAAAAAA!!!

Hayate: *snuggle* >:3

Yuuno: Eep! ...Breasts...! ...Breasts! You're pressing them in!!!
Er...blackmail material?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralTigerclaw View Post
You're off Tempest

It is not 'Pose' Posing would imply taking a position or stance in order to show off for a certain amount of time.

Gendo does NOT show off. Gendo has no use for showing off. It is unnessisary and meaningless.


No sir... it is called

The Gendo Position™

A position used expressly in the act of brooding about your plans.
Do not underestimate...the ubber pimp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
LOL I did a random Tickle test to match my game and I got WoW.

What's YOUR game? :3
I got WoW, too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest Dynasty View Post
It does everything Tiberium and Tronium can do, AND MOAR.

Plus it's so awesome that it overrides EVERYTHING.

Within reason, of course. Tromberium is not oppressive, just GAR.
Is that what they made the G-Stone out of?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LimitedEternal View Post
And yes, COLORFUL TITLES DO HELP ATTRACT ATTENTION!
*LE apologizes to any eye damage and/or blindness caused by this marquee of color.*
Skittles: Taste the rainbow
Evangelion Xgouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-02, 12:25   Link #695
Jimmy C
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
It still stays with the general idea of the storyline: You need to be able to use magic to use the weapon.
The way I see it, Ark's remark was that it's certainly within Mid's ability to make magic-based weapons that any "random child" could use. Thereby sinking the basis for Mid's conventional weapons ban even before it was ever mentioned. The security lock is not an integral part of the gun. It's possible to design a different security system that can allow the gun to be operated by a non-mage.
Jimmy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-02, 12:37   Link #696
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 26
It's also within Mid's abillity to simply start producing mass-based weaponry again. I really don't see the point of this. The Arc-en-Ciel is a magical weapon that may or may not need a mage to activate (I'm inclined to believe it does) which is hardly different from any other of the devices we see. Bardiche, Schwertkruez, Levantine, Graff Eisen, Strada, Revolver Knuckle, all are able to be 're-designed' to be used by non-mages. The point is that they aren't. They aren't re-designed because they need mages to operate, which is the basis the the system.
__________________
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-02, 12:38   Link #697
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Age: 27
Okay, I'm going to try to head this one off at the pass: can we please not get into another argument about the hypocrisy of the TSAB's mass weapons ban, or at least re-route it into the Magic and Tech thread?
__________________

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Comartemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-02, 12:42   Link #698
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 26
Sure, sorry about that. Guess I still get worked up every time someone tries to take the 'TSAB sucks' route.
__________________
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-02, 12:54   Link #699
Evangelion Xgouki
NERV Personnel
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Tokyo 3, Japan
Age: 29
Send a message via AIM to Evangelion Xgouki Send a message via MSN to Evangelion Xgouki
Bwahahaha!!!





Evangelion Xgouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-02, 12:56   Link #700
Tempy
Σ(。д°(o--(ಠ益ಠ )
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Hotsprings Resort
Age: 28
I really need to figure out photoshop so I can make those myself...
__________________
Tempy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
hayaurion, kaonland, keroland, khrack, original content

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:59.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.