AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Nanoha

Notices

Old 2009-06-10, 02:12   Link #7281
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
Stigma of being associated with FSN has forced me to stave off any attempt to further forays into Nasuverse, and one of the ways to do this is to not actively seek material. Couple that with the fact that I can't read moon, nor do I frequent the FSN section of Asuki, missing by a month from the first release of the english scanlation isn't that bad.

Disappointed? You of all people should know how much I've suffered under that stigma. I'm saddened by that statement, to say the least.
That only dissapoints me all the more. Just because some people can't help but give you biased flak over it (seriously, the fucking kamen riders are okay, but the moment Kha posts some Nasuverse it's back to bashing? Grow up you idiots!), you abandon the entire fandom? Seriously Kha, grow a pair. I haven't abandoned the Nanoha fandom because I get a lot of flak from the rabid Nanofate fans on other sites.

That aside, English scanlations of the first Kaleid Liner chapters have been available for more then a year now, hence my surprise. The disappointment comment was sarcastic.

Anyway, the idea itself is something I've been toying with myself as well, albeit in a more Yu-Gi-Ohish fashion. Card magics are canon after all, so why not dive a tad deeper into it?

Unlike many, I'm looking forward to more.
Old 2009-06-10, 03:37   Link #7282
Sheba
Have a Yasen Problem

1. His refit job is not that impressive to begin with. Photoshop, change some names and voila? Color me unimpressed.

2. One's patience does wear thin when he sit every days with him.

(optional) 3. For someone who have changed, it is still six of one and half a dozen of the other. (It's hard to change I know)

PS: If it makes me a bad guy because I don't autopraise him whenever he crack something, so be it.

PPS: Regarding the Riders, it flew over my head because it is not in my interests list. Nasuverse is. Maybe less than Touhou, Gunnm, Berserk, JoJo, D&D, Mutant Chronicles, Earthsea and old school fantasy a la Moorcock and Howard.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-10, 03:47   Link #7283
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

I'm not interested in starting a fiery debate on this, however I'd like to make a point. There is no need to auto-praise him whenever he cooks something up, but unless it is actually broken in some way, there really is no need to auto-flame him about it either. In the face of Master Chief, the Kamen Riders and Mecha Musume, this idea is actually far more in line with the Nanohaverse. And even disregarding that, going tactical facepalm without giving any form of constructive criticism as to why there is something wrong with the idea is hardly constructive to the thread.

Long story short: If you want to criticize, do it in a manner that contributes to the thread. What is happening now is no different from the rabid yuri fans bashing on Yuuno. No faults pointed out. No suggestions being made on how to improve. Just mindless bashing.
Old 2009-06-10, 05:08   Link #7284
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
I've made an original cocktail, but once again, I get bashed for it. My bad for actually releasing pre-material.
...you call this bashing? This is people facepalming and saying nothing else.

Quote:
As I have said before, if you have nothing to add, please refrain from posting, Pipsqueak. 4 posts in a row stating the same damn points... Are you guys all parrots or something?
You bring out our inner facepalm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
1. His refit job is not that impressive to begin with. Photoshop, change some names and voila? Color me unimpressed.

2. One's patience does wear thin when he sit every days with him.

(optional) 3. For someone who have changed, it is still six of one and half a dozen of the other. (It's hard to change I know)

PS: If it makes me a bad guy because I don't autopraise him whenever he crack something, so be it.

PPS: Regarding the Riders, it flew over my head because it is not in my interests list. Nasuverse is. Maybe less than Touhou, Gunnm, Berserk, JoJo, D&D, Mutant Chronicles, Earthsea and old school fantasy a la Moorcock and Howard.
As above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
I'm not interested in starting a fiery debate on this, however I'd like to make a point. There is no need to auto-praise him whenever he cooks something up, but unless it is actually broken in some way, there really is no need to auto-flame him about it either. In the face of Master Chief, the Kamen Riders and Mecha Musume, this idea is actually far more in line with the Nanohaverse. And even disregarding that, going tactical facepalm without giving any form of constructive criticism as to why there is something wrong with the idea is hardly constructive to the thread.

Long story short: If you want to criticize, do it in a manner that contributes to the thread. What is happening now is no different from the rabid yuri fans bashing on Yuuno. No faults pointed out. No suggestions being made on how to improve. Just mindless bashing.
You call that flaming? I'm being tiredly disappointed. Pip was always talking about how he cast aside his previous self and his name to take on new horizons, changes, and stop calling him Kha, because Kha is no more and everything changes! And he posts and...

And it's more of the same. So much for casting aside the past. So much for that fresh new start promised.

That is what I'm disappointed in.

Tldr; I'm not bashing Kha. I'm being tiredly resignedly disappointed in Pip.

And if Chief bothers you so much, I'll just go back to the original writeup for him, which was sans MJOLNIR. Happy?

Edit: It is worth noting that nobody here has actually bashed Pip or flamed him. This is merely an expression of their reactions made manifest.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-10, 05:40   Link #7285
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

flame [fleym] Show IPA noun, verb, flamed, flam⋅ing.
Computer Slang. an angry, critical, or disparaging electronic message, as an e-mail or newsgroup post.

This would fall under 'disparaging.' And we need less of it. I have yet to hear you make any kind of constructive comment on this latest idea of Kha. Anything about the setting that is inevitably wrong and worthy of facepalming? No? Then don't.

Also, I am far from being bothered by Chief. I'm just fine with him. I'm bothered that once again the 'let's point at Kha's ideas and laugh' fest has started even though there are far more out-of-universe ideas that are commonly accepted by the community. This is downright hypocrisy, and quite honestly the last thing I want to see in this thread.

Now can we get back to constructively commenting on ideas please?
Old 2009-06-10, 05:55   Link #7286
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

If you choose to interpret an expression of disappointment as disparagement, I can say nothing further.

I am not laughing. I am not disparaging. I am disappointed that for all the talk of changes and breaking free with the past, what do we get? More of the same. All the past drama. All the emo. The change of name and retirement of previous ID, signifying a break with the past... all this, just for more of the same? What was the point of all of that then?! THAT is what I am most disappointed about.

If you wish to complain about hypocrisy, I note that you and Pip are only going after me, ignoring everyone who facepalmed.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2009-06-10, 06:00   Link #7287
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
If you wish to complain about hypocrisy, I note that you and Pip are only going after me, ignoring everyone who facepalmed.
You will notice I was using a plural and referred to ideas of several members. No I wasn't.

Look, can we just drop this? If you want to express your disappointment at Kha, please take it to the chat, or PM's, or profile pages. Don't clog up the thread with it.

Last edited by Keroko; 2009-06-10 at 06:39.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-10, 06:09   Link #7288
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

I don't know why I keep beating my head against the walls of you, Kha and arkhangelsk.

This is a tale full of sound and fury,signifying nothing.

(Paraphrased from Macbeth ActV, Scene V, Macbeth's soliloqy.)

I believe in miracles.

Old 2009-06-10, 06:55   Link #7289
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

Well, what he posted was not bad.

But Kha, I have to agree with Keroko, no need to abandon some fandom just because of, how did he called it, biased flak.
Old 2009-06-10, 12:17   Link #7290
Reiji Tabibito
The OTHER Time Lord

Quote:
Sometimes, when you least expect it, the Kaiser rewards.
Spoiler for Once upon a time...:
Meet Kaprika vindi Touareg.
Spoiler for She has really long, silver hair...:
She's Kaa-chan's little sister.
Spoiler for Karl's lightened up, and they have a lot of fun together...:
A lot has happened for them to meet (and a lot of issues I have to settle ), but they came to live happily on Earth with Kaprika's two magic guardians.
Spoiler for In a nice suburban home close to the Yagamis...:
She looks like an ordinary magical girl with ordinary interests...
Spoiler for You could even mistake her guardians to be her older sisters!:
...but she has a unique Inherent Ability.
Spoiler for Just like her older brother...:
and with the slotting-in of special cards called [Kaleido Lines] and [Attack Lines] into her device...
Spoiler for Tracing is what Ostians do best!:
Kaleido Liner Kaprika is Drake 04 in Lost Property Riot Force Six. Catch her, and many other OCs from the thread, in action in the stunning rendition...

Magical Lyrical
StrikerS

*kapow*

Anita: Basically, Meister Babylon () here was shown by Lowe and FlameSparkZ an interesting doujin that in his terms struck a crack vein. It's "Fate/Kaleido Liner" and you'll find it on Manga Fox. Now, if you'll excuse me...

*is dragged away by Anita*
...JiggaWHA?!

Um, while I'm not against the idea of Kha having an ACTUAL little sister, doesn't he already have, like, three or four already, at least in spirit? There's the Aces (minus Fate), Caro (?), and Allison...

And for some reason, that Kaleid Liner thing makes me think of Den-O...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest Dynasty View Post
That's an...interesting picture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
If you choose to interpret an expression of disappointment as disparagement, I can say nothing further.

I am not laughing. I am not disparaging. I am disappointed that for all the talk of changes and breaking free with the past, what do we get? More of the same. All the past drama. All the emo. The change of name and retirement of previous ID, signifying a break with the past... all this, just for more of the same? What was the point of all of that then?! THAT is what I am most disappointed about.

Forget it. Not gonna go there.

And who the heck is Pip?

Continuing on with the old new updates...

Spoiler for Seven Days, Part III:

"I am not a hero, but I served in the company of Nano."

Reiji Tabibito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-10, 12:18   Link #7291
Sheba
Have a Yasen Problem

Pip is Kha, as Goose want to call him.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-10, 15:00   Link #7292
AdmiralTigerclaw
Sword Wielding Penguin

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralTigerclaw
I recently added an image to my stockpile that best reprisents how I feel about it when discussions fall into this catagory of utter retarded argument...

Where was it...

*sound of rummaging*

AH! Here it is.

Who wants to order pizza instead?
"Because people dig birds with swords."
AdmiralTigerclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-10, 15:38   Link #7293
LimitedEternal
Nuclear Fusion

Pizza sounds like an excellent idea.

Lessee, there's about...20 or so of us here, which means we need about...30 or so pizzas, depending on how much any given one of us eats, and accounting for any split personalities, friends that just happened to e in the neighborhood, and the local gate-crashers...so that's about...$320-ish worth of pizza.

Alright folks, start coughing up.
LimitedEternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-10, 16:14   Link #7294
AdmiralTigerclaw
Sword Wielding Penguin

All pay with comic gold... or... something.

I'll just pust the first scene of chapter eight.

Spoiler for Ch 8 Scn 1:
Old 2009-06-10, 18:38   Link #7295
Outlaender

Quote:
Sometimes, when you least expect it, the Kaiser rewards.

I can't keep track of all the different characters and series people have been melding into the various "fanon" universes, but I have to say the doujin does seem to fit in quite well.

Spoiler for For size:

As one of the people who's exposure to Kamen Rider and the like (Sentai, various Magical Girl/Guy/Whatever shows/games) isn't all that large, I mostly shake my head in bemusement over the enthusiastic reaction to these ideas, but I certainly don't think Meister's new ideas are bad ones.
Outlaender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-11, 04:00   Link #7296
FlameSparkZ
Ambiguous Pokerface

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralTigerclaw View Post

Spoiler for Ch 8 Scn 1:
Ice Cream....yum

Now really, I think you need to review StrikerS, because there's a few flaws in that piece.

Like, for example, if the setting is post-Cradle, then the Forwards would be a little more organized, even after Erio got shot in the back, Caro would likely raise a barrier or soemthing. And even if she didn't, Subaru would, she's a Front Attacker, and I've seen her raise her guard in an instant when she was attacked by surprise.
Also, Nanoha has full authority over the Forward's Limiters, just not her own...besides, the Forward's limiters were just so they could get used to their current power before moving on to the next level. With their rank, they don't even need "real" Limiters.

Well...that's just me talking, you don't need to pay attention to this

*hides*
Old 2009-06-11, 07:34   Link #7297
AdmiralTigerclaw
Sword Wielding Penguin

Actually, I would disagree on just how coordinated they are, they did mostly Solo fighting during the cradle rather than cohesive team combat... but it wouldn't really matter here... Exchanges like this occure much faster than reading it on paper would lead you to believe.

---
"BANG!"

One tw-

"BANG!"

"One tw-"

"BANG!"

"One two thr-"

"BANG!"
---

The first three get dropped in a four second cycle. It takes less than a second to aim and fire. Add some time in to correct for wobble depending on range (And he's not even fifty meters away), and all you've really got as a warning for Subaru is litterally two and a half seconds and a pair of loud cracks and no idea what it is, or where it came from. (I mean damn, Roland caps Caro while she's turning. The guy doesn't exactly take prisoners in a gunfight.)

Generally, we're taught in tactical movement techniques that the average response time to a new threat is three to five seconds. Which is why soldiers are told to pop up, run forward, and drop by the count of three when doing movement rushes. If you're up more than four seconds, you're likely to eat a round in the chest. And this is to expected threats you're looking in the direction of to start with. It takes even longer to respond accordingly when you have your focus on something else.

Subaru didn't have time to identify the threat before she was knocked off her Wing Road by a Super Sonic Soft Impact (S3I "Shriek") Round.

As for Nanoha, I was looking for something, but couldn't think of a good one. But an easy fix idea is to change the wording to change the context slightly. I'll change it to HER limiter. That should fix it.
Old 2009-06-11, 08:18   Link #7298
Jimmy C

Quote:
Ch 8 Scn 1
I'd say things are slightly different in the environments where the Bureau operates, mostly for two reasons, shields and steerable attacks. Shields, as you know, allow you to take (at least) one hit that might otherwise mission-kill you (or worse) but but only if they're up at the time! I still remember that line from an OC, I think it was back in '07. He used an S-rank mage being taken out by a missle attack while eating in a cafeteria as an example. Then, steerable projectiles make unidirectional cover useless because they can go around it.
Unfortunately for the Forwards, this makes their performance even more dismal than you made it out to be. They should have had their shields up at all times during the engagement because they can never know if attacks are going to come around from their blind spot.
Yet, Nanoha did get her shots behind her opponents before, so that's something I'm sure she should have taught the Forwards about. Then why didn't they have shields or autoguards to cover their backs? So, does it really make sense that they'd leave their backs uncovered like that?

One other thing,

Quote:
If Mondial had simply positioned himself over there with his back to the building, instead of standing in the middle of the street.I, a mere man with absolutely no magical power, would never have been able to so easily walk right up behind him kill the entire team.
Although true, that would have restricted his movements against Nanoha who was in front of him and was the priority opponent at the time. I'm sure you can come up with a better answer for this one.
Jimmy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-11, 08:50   Link #7299
Tormenk

Quote:

Spoiler for Ch 8 Scn 1:
I would imagine Nanoha grinning wickedly with her idea at the end. Good stuff all around.

8 chapters already..which means I have been living under a rock for the last year or so..

*goes to check index page*

And there are no links for the previous chapters listed there yet.

"A life without change is akin to death."

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Tormenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-11, 13:02   Link #7300
AdmiralTigerclaw
Sword Wielding Penguin

I'll have to look into some details to ensure I have it cleared up. Ensuring the believability of this scene is crucial here to get the point across without nerfing anyone. And the crucial error in mages I've watched is they constantly stand in the wide open without even a token defense up. Of course, act of plot has always had it that they notice blindsiding attacks in time... somehow. The idea behind Roland chastizing them is that you won't always see the blindsiding attacks coming, and that if you're going to be in a position that's prone to that possibility, you need your defense up, whether you think there's a threat or not.

Anyway, I hid another easter egg in here.

Who can spot Sailor Mercury?

Tags
hayaurion, kaonland, keroland, khrack, original content