AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Nanoha

Notices

Old 2009-07-24, 10:52   Link #7601
Aaron008R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tk3997 View Post
Why you indeed, you’re about as useless as Reisen only good for your humor appeal.

HNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGG!!!!
I'M A USELESS LITTLE SWIRLY!
ONLY GOOD FOR MY HUMOR APPEAL!!!

T_____T

*coughs*

Anyway, a quick firing of replies. I'll leave the longer stuff for later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
I have an OC named Senator Meirin Amamiya Rhiannon of the Southland prefecture of the Fuso Imperial States.
Does she have a mama and papa-snake hand-puppets...? >_>

Quote:
Kaprika: Hai, Oji-chan!

Quote:
I'd prefer to see myself as FALLEN GOD rather than a full hikikomori though!
Come back and tell me that after completing and mastering hundreds of dating sims.

Quote:
I meant to say TASUKETE, ERIN008R!

*RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUZ*
=_=

Quote:
As expected, the Ojii-chan speaks once again.

*FLIEZ FASTAAAH*
[/QUOTE]

Aww, shaddap. <_<

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Because you act like it?

*RUUUUUUUUUUNZ!!!!*
WHAT PART OF ME ACTS LIKE THAT, HUH?!

Quote:
Unsettling things huh? Like winces-

*dodges stabbing knives*
*sees Lowe dodge and accidentally hit Astaroth. :3*

Quote:
Fixe-

*dodges sniper shot!!!!!*
*sees Lowe's area blown up*

Quote:
Yes, MILF's need moar love

*ehem*
30 =/= MILF >_>

Quote:
RHIANNON!!!!!!!!!!!
BAKA-ANIKI!!!!!!!!!

*FLEEEEEZZZZ!!!!*

Quote:
Spoiler for More Mai Enna:

New hairstyle and facial expressions.

*expires*
I APPROVE!!!

Quote:
Spoiler for NIPPON, BANZAI!!!!!!!!:

*FLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZ!!!!!*
WIN! XDXDXD

Quote:
I'll say it in red!

Fuuko has a mother co-

*is SHOT*
XD

Quote:
Going through life and death ordeals on an almost daily basis... interspersed by falling in love, getting married, and having adorable children that call her "mama" in between will do that to you

*whistles*
It's called growing up.

And of course, she grew up quite well...

*runs*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tk3997 View Post
Though why is this suddenly making me picture Kha as Kaguya and Goose as Mokou? Hell it even fits with Kha’s rather fragile constitution and sometimes prissy behavior and Goose’s penchant for aggressive flaming… NO be gone mental image! BE GONE ! Crap it’s not going away! I suppose being the guy that’s often trying to stop Goose from pointlessly feuding with and grumbling about Kha (even when he’s no where in sight) that makes me Keine. Hell I’ve got the wild mood swings and love of dumping huge blobs of info that no one really cares about regarding history. So whose Eri—

No, no I’m stopping now! I’m the driver in this body brain! I’m in charge and I say we’re not thinking about this anymore!

Though it’s probably Keroko.

DAMN IT!
Not even the TK can resist Touhou crack.

*SHOT!!!*

Quote:
Wow is it just me or is Tk high on khrack and totally denying it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
No, he's on Khrack and disparately trying to get it out of his head.

Though Eirin... I'm by no means a genius, but I do enjoy helping people with even the most trivial of things...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralTigerclaw View Post
REINFORCE ZWEI: *hides a wad of bills she was counting* I'd never engage in such foul and distasteful cyber crimes!

*It's rather obvious, that being six inches tall, hiding the wad of bills she was counting was not so successful... Everyone glares.*

REINFORCE ZWEI: @_@ Uh... Desu?

EVERYONE: SO CUTE!!!

RZ: ^_^; (Works every time.)
She has the weapons, knows how to use them and WILL use them... <__<

Rein suddenly became scary-

Rein: Desu?

Me: SO CUTE!!!

Rein: (JUST AS PLANNED!) ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyral View Post
The khrack continues! >:3

Spoiler for 4koma Part 3:

Spoiler for Some thoughts:
XD XD XD

WIN! You drew the old guy quite well, imho.

Poor Rinya... >_>

Quote:
Anyways, here's something I've been working on for the past few hours, which serves as a prelude of sorts to the Perfect Grade Project.

Spoiler for [Intelligence Data Updated]:

Edit: Uploaded Easier-On-The-Eyes version with revised text. The Original art can still be found here

Edit 2: Added version with Midchild Font
I already gave my comments in IRC. No complaints from me from this very promising division.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LimitedEternal View Post
*yawns*

I return! But I'm still tired. And sunburnt. And with my sleep schedule screwed three ways from hell. Eh, it was fun while it lasted.

*cracks knuckles and winds back a punch for WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK I AM BREAKERRRRRRR!!!*
ANNNNNNDDDD welcome back!

Quote:
Probably to get a reaction from you. :3 *tousles Aaron's hair*

Quote:
I'll drink to that! (*゚ー゚)つ凵
Cheers!

(Though it's juice for me.)

Quote:
Oh, take after mum, definitely. Not only is Saber overused, book+chains is a very...striking look.

Quote:
Hayate: Keikaku doori. *evil grin*
Wrong, it's

Hayate: Ahh, she's my daughter alright. ^_^

Grandis: *facepalms*

Quote:
How does one be a shy berserker???
Mio: I-I'm sorry, but... PLEASE DIE!!!

Like that?

Quote:
Could be the moe and love is Hayate's sex appeal. Doesn't always have to be blatant.

Quote:
Not something you really find much anymore, eh?
Sadly.

Quote:
I just gotta say...

That kind of threat is way below the belt. Pun definitely intended.

Quote:
Lemme guess, she's one of those types that gets so caught up she forgets to eat, right?
That indeed.

Well, at least she doesn't overdo it thanks to her family.

Quote:
Poor eating habits, doesn't keep herself clean...

Probably drinks too much in a few years. Resulting in blowing up her research on a humorously predictable basis.
Aurion: That's actually more reasonable than someone who can make my research projects blow up in my face on a regular basis. =_=

On another place...

Keroko: *sneezes*

Quote:
You should get Aaron one of those t-shirts with "Slacker" written on the front and some facepalm-y message on the back. "3
NUUU!!!!

Quote:
I'm getting the mental image of a huge, paper-stuffed binder labeled "Ways To Get Reactions" sitting on her bookshelf.
She needs no book for that, seeing who her granddaddy is.

*points at Aurion*

Quote:
An event becomes a story, which becomes a tale, which becomes a legend, which becomes a myth...

Blowing things out of proportion is in human nature. Why should any of us be exempt?
Complaining about things blown out of proportion is human nature too!

Quote:
Like a fine wine, she ages quite well...*closes eyes and sniffs a rose*
Smooth. XD

Quote:
Workin' on that, ossan.

My general energy level's been kinda down the past few months...haven't really been motivated to create much or smash backlog. I think the convention+beach trip's breathed some of my life back to me...
Same here. ^^;;

Quote:
It's the whole "15 is your prime, 20 is over the hill" trope again.

Which is bogus because, if nothing else, 80 years is a LOOOOOOOOONG time to be in retirement.
Quoted for freakin truth!

Quote:
Well, everyone has something in common with another after all.

Quote:
Trying to look tough, but ending up looking just that more adorable. :3
Lia won't mind, since her Onee-chan's still the tough and dependable big sister for her.

Being cute is a bonus.

Quote:
Ironically, GenerationS would be perfect.
So I noticed too after you mentioned it...

Quote:
Simply NEXT would fit as well, as well be a nice wink to a certain other destructive mages' series.

You're right!!!

You just made me imagine Rita voiced by Megumi Hayashibara.

Quote:
Whoa... those glasses so don't look like the current Mai. Major character growth here.
Major growth in charm too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
*me cools down his wounds*

Will be away from Cadia for a while, reading Aria.

...WHAT THE HELL IS THIS MOST AWESOME FULLY CLOTHED FANSERVICE?!!?!?!? @______@
Aside from the comment of you going for the yuri undertones (), ARIA is simply that good with it's lovable characters. :3

Quote:
Only problem is... IT'S ONLY IN THEIR IMAGINATION! I'M STILL A PERFECTLY NORMAL POSTADOLESCENT UNI STUDENT!!!

At least I've managed to get anime back.
Good to know...

Quote:
Anyway, i'm just going to say goodbye. I probably won't be back, due to certain issues. If I return, it's be because I'm more fail than I thought I was, or internet through the veil. One or the other.

So long, and thanks for all the fish. It's been fun, OC.

...I expect the party will start shortly...
Aww.

Seeya then, Goose. Good luck on whatever it is.

Quote:
Spoiler for Info about Baskir:

Well that's all I have atm. as he is only a side character so I never really thought about him that much.
I'm liking his character already.

Military veterans do tend to be somewhat gruff and grumpy when it comes to certain things. But the parts where they show that they care for others really shine because of that.

Oh, and yeah. I want to hear more about his anti-armor magic. >:3

Quote:
No she won't smoke; parts of her body are already using way too much technology and medicine to prevent her Dark Linker Core from degrading her body, which have been successful for the most part save for some - like her eyes, which has slightly degraded due to usage of her various 'evil-eye' type illusion spells, hence the glasses.
Ouch, that sounds rather problematic... >_<

The glasses are <3<3<3, though.

*RUNZ*

Quote:
A couple more pics, since Tempest mentioned that Mai's current glasses looked too large for her, so I gave her some smaller specs:

Spoiler for Optical Shop?:

Quote:
Shiara Kyrion Taung, most often called Kyr for short. Disciplined and dedicated (though she can get smashed if you don't watch her when drinking) a great dancer and... well... a rabbit with guns.
I SEE A REISEN!!! @_____@

Well, it's not like this is the first time we saw people with animal features in Nanoverse. *remembers seeing animal-eared people during Erio and Caro's 'date' during StrikerS*

So her species have bunny-ears?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nya~n View Post
Dropping this here first. But then again, probably half of OCC or more already know who this is already anyway...

Spoiler for Maven Emeraude:

By the way, have we set a rough year to start off the new generation?
SO CUTE!!!

But wait... that hairstyle... that hair-color...

Just change her eye color and it'll be like Alm-*SHOT!!!*

And the new Generation's a big question mark so far.
My tentative year is is at MC 98, roughly 23 years after StrikerS.

Quote:
Mai: ... no pictures please...

*Creator-san RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNZ*
MOOEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!

*EVISCERATED*

OC Profiles
Yagami Hayate: ver. GenerationS; Part 1, Part 2

Last edited by Aaron008R; 2009-07-24 at 11:08.
Aaron008R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-24, 11:06   Link #7602
MeisterBabylon
~ Ping For Effect ~
*Author

Quote:
Dropping this here first. But then again, probably half of OCC or more already know who this is already anyway...

I guess I'm no longer in the loop of things.

I'm not sure really; I may have set my plans at around MC 0105, but its hard to classify the "Aces" in one proper generation because there's all these age gaps in between. For example:

The one of the heroines of Magical Lyrical FRONTier is Karl and Fate's daughter, Teresa Testarossa, or Princess Teresa vi Springfield if you use her baptised name. She at age 10 is one of the youngest combat-ready of the future Aces in FRONTier. Her older brother Leonard is 15 as with Lia.

Keroko eventually adopted a dragonchild of her own with Karl's blessings. In MC 0105, Chevie is old enough to be a Wing Leader in her foster mother's dragonflight, the Ostia Five Flights. She assists Keroko who has become an Aspect herself but her mother often gives her time to be with her friends. Keroko also has another child I heard? Wasn't able to catch who the other person was in a hurry...

Hayate's Lia would be 15 that year, and an older sister to Leoric, who isn't too happy about his height... more specifically the lack of it.

Suzuka's twins Moriyama Nanoka and Naruka are Teresa's age. She also has a little boy.

Arisa has a brood of 6 girls and 1 boy, with the youngest being Neena at age 5... yeah Artei and Arisa have been getting it on.

Erio married Lutecia and Caro cos the two best friends in the end decided to share... 3 Mondials, all girls, and beware their bugs or dragons! One of them has both!

Chrono's kids have gone places! I forget their names again, but the boy followed his father's footsteps into the Navy, while his sister is more adventurous, working as a PMC operative.

Teana Skyliner is Red Flame FRONTier's OC and her set of twins, Jacen and Jaina Skyliner, are section leaders under her. Naruka and Nanoka operate under her.

Subaru is single, though she insists she's married to Teana. She is also Blue Gear FRONTier's 2IC, under Serena's command, together with Teresa and Lia.

Nanoha and Yuuno never really had any children of their own, except the Sankt Kaiser of New Belka, Vivio. It's enough for the Ace; the growing up of Vivio takes so much, and even the wedding of little Vivi to Augmentor Coccytus, otherwise known as Noland Reiniger, has been billed the event of the millenium and has the entire of Ordered Space waiting in bated breath...

And let's not forget the OCs! Mai and Smith with Ai-chan; Wes and Darry have a Simone; I heard Shinji and Matsuri adopted; Meirin finally found the Prince of Ostia that she was promised to; Serena has her fair share of admirers; Kaprika dotes on Archer; and Anita has more than enough kids, 100 to be exact, as she has taken the post of Principal in her Convent's 10th Company which trains future Sisters of Belka.

And then... and then...

...yeah. I think the only one thing I DON'T like about the New Generation is that THERE'S OVER NINE THOUSAND offspring!!!

Quote:

Kaprika: *click* Yay perfect!
Mai: ...Kaka-chan...
Kaka: ...no not again!

Kaprika shows Mai the messed-up photo developed from her Kaleide Pink Polaroid.

Kaka: It always happens when I take pictures... Mai-nee-chan?

Mai has turned red at what she has seen.

Maybe Kaprika has watched too much of a tokusatsu show that her photos are turning out the same way...?

On money: Every man has a price. For everything else, there's MakoCard.
MeisterBabylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-24, 15:57   Link #7603
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
Nanoha: If I beat you, you have to tell me why you're doing this!
Nena: ... I'm doing it for the money. Mercenary sniper, duh?

(Though it's slightly deeper than that. But not much!)
Oh this is going to be fun. I can see the scenario after Nanoha befriends Nena, and she's woken up from the 'shock'.

Nanoha: Wait! Where are you going?
Nena:
Back to work.
Nanoha: But! But! I beat you! Don't you want to stay?
Nena: Uhm... no?

Quote:
Anyways, here's something I've been working on for the past few hours, which serves as a prelude of sorts to the Perfect Grade Project.

Spoiler for [Intelligence Data Updated]:

Edit: Uploaded Easier-On-The-Eyes version with revised text. The Original art can still be found here

Edit 2: Added version with Midchild Font
Woohie! Large one, and nicely shopped.

Lotsa freedom there. Better keep Tesla away from them, she'd abuse such freedom horribly. <_<

Quote:
I have... too much free time.

Dammit! Almost all week and no work at work, and my meeting for trying to see about my first job contract got postponed.

*Slams head into desk.*
Are you working on a pay-per-hour or a pay-per-job kind of work?

If the former, than it's not so bad. The later though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint X View Post
I Guess i'm in the same boat as ATC here.

too much time but not enough Motivation though
I'm currently grinding a bit too much through my brain, and its getting hard to actually sit down and work one out. Ample free time though, except for tomorrow, so I can get on to it sooner or later.

Quote:
Spoiler for Group Emblem: Project AM V1 : Big image.:

Spoiler for Group Emblem: Tuner Organization V1 : Big image.:

Spoiler for Quickshop: Upcoming OC: Tuner: Aina Fortissian V1 : Big image.:

And a thought line

Spoiler for Tuner Snippet:
Oooh, music mages. Haven't seen those since the Haruhi concept.

So... if I read things right they have COLOSSAL COSMICAL POWERS! But risk ripping the multiverse apart if they use it?

Quote:
Sooo what's next on your list?

Poetic Necrons?
Didn't we already do that? I lost his name, but we did have a converted Necron in Old Cadia. I recall he could sing quite decently as well.

Quote:
It sorta slipped out. Ask Lingo; he sees me around...

...playing WoW in the clubroom...

...BUT STILL!!!

At least I've cut off WoW for the rest of the sem to get my grades back.
Still playing WoW? Wow, even I grew bored with it. Granted, I'm just steaming myself for the Old Republic now, but still...

Quote:
Order in Chaos! >=3
Order is Chaos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LimitedEternal View Post
So we, at least in part, owe this madhouse to you?

Pretty much, yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicoX View Post
2 out of 4 SNSR OCs
Spoiler for Alastaire:

Spoiler for Sarah:

I think I'll write up a Cancri State Military Armory later with lists of mostly all weapons and hardware. I'll give Sarah's weapons official names by then.
Hehehe, I like these two. Al's design is very intriguing, and that image of Sarah and Al cracked me up. XD Machine control is an interesting concept to play with as well... we know it's very much possible thanks to Lutecia, but has anyone actually worked with it before?

Quote:
I just got off the line with the TSAB's Naval Office Procurement Department...

Looks like this deal is a go...

Spoiler for Introducing:

Cadians, get in touch with your procurement departments... contact your OC Admirals and Generals. Chrono already ordered seventy of them for his task force.
Whoa... huge...

Well, rather than question their validity (I'm going to trust your greater knowledge of engineering on that part) I'm going to ask: Just what are you planning with these?

Quote:
Wha... A bunny girl!? With guns!? What has she to do with Elric?? A Special Forces member? A drinking buddy!?
A Special Forces member, more precisely, a 'diplomatic' member from the moon of Cievile. She's in the TSAB mostly because they want to keep good ties with Cievile and its moon, but since nobody really wanted her pushed on them, she was trained in her worlds army to shoot to kill, and she wields mass-based weaponry, she eventually got stuffed away in the Special Forces. 'Everybody happy, no complains, moving on' kind of thing.

Quote:
Ugh... Seeing how Baskir loves taking his men out for a drink whenever something good happend, this could even be pretty much possible... Oo;
Ah... I just remembered Tesla. I wonder if he'd invite her as well...

Quote:

*raises hand* I don't visit the chat, who is this?

Quote:
Hmm, no I don't think we did... I'd say after Force myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
Lia won't mind, since her Onee-chan's still the tough and dependable big sister for her.

Being cute is a bonus.
One she does not mind at all, I'd think.

Quote:

You're right!!!

*scratches head* You know... that's not such a bad idea at all...

Quote:
I SEE A REISEN!!! @_____@

Well, it's not like this is the first time we saw people with animal features in Nanoverse. *remembers seeing animal-eared people during Erio and Caro's 'date' during StrikerS*

So her species have bunny-ears?
Lunarians. Yes, they have bunny ears. They evolved them hundreds of milenia ago to deal with predators on the moon. They don't need them in this day and age, no longer being primitive creatures anymore and having adequate defenses, but their evolutionary memento still remains.

Quote:
Keroko eventually adopted a dragonchild of her own with Karl's blessings. In MC 0105, Chevie is old enough to be a Wing Leader in her foster mother's dragonflight, the Ostia Five Flights. She assists Keroko who has become an Aspect herself but her mother often gives her time to be with her friends. Keroko also has another child I heard? Wasn't able to catch who the other person was in a hurry...
Mio Reigner, daughter of Keroko and Noland. Still, Goose was the origin of this crack, and with his disappearance...

Besides, the Kerokanonicity of Mio is still debated at this point in time.
Old 2009-07-24, 16:07   Link #7604
AdmiralTigerclaw
Sword Wielding Penguin

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralTigerclaw
I still work at a Taco Bell Keroko. As such, I've been at home all week twidling my thumbs.
I'm trying to jump start my company, which will be a combination of Pay per hour pay per job kind of thing. (Music Production is like that.)

But I guess the downtime was good since I finished redesigning my SF-36 design.

To answer what I plan to do with it... well, I don't plan to do anything with it right now since it doesn't have a place in my story.

But if you guys want to use it, permission is an ask away.

Plus, I'd rather people know what exactly I'm going on about when I *jump into my fighter and rip out of the IRC channel* or other such nonsense. ^_^;
"Because people dig birds with swords."
AdmiralTigerclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-24, 16:17   Link #7605
NorthernFallout
Return
*Author

Quote:
Hehehe, I like these two. Al's design is very intriguing, and that image of Sarah and Al cracked me up. XD Machine control is an interesting concept to play with as well... we know it's very much possible thanks to Lutecia, but has anyone actually worked with it before?
Lutecia was my Nanoverse inspiration for it, among other similar concepts. Those tiny bugs intercepting the drones etc, it works in the same way... although without the bugs. I'm playing with the idea of hi-jacking vehicles and machines with a driver already controlling them, in a combo featuring his Machine Control and Sarah's Digital Spirit. Might prove interesting later on.

NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-24, 18:05   Link #7606
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic Send a message via Skype™ to synaesthetic
Quote:
Oh this is going to be fun. I can see the scenario after Nanoha befriends Nena, and she's woken up from the 'shock'.

Nena:
Back to work.
That's about the size of it. ^^; Nanoha definitely has enough power to "befriend" Nena--actually, any of the "Aces" do. Her resistance to magic can't withstand Nanoha, Fate or Hayate's levels of overwhelming power.

The Wolkenritter would likely just shrug when magic didn't work, then use their blunt and pointy things to beat the crap out of her. Belkan Knights have something of the advantage here.

But for the most part, Nena fights Teana. I really wanted to stress this rivalry here because among tons of incredibly gifted mages, Rare Skill users, keepers of world-destroying reformatted Lost Logia, artificial mages, combat cyborgs, dragon summoners and the various other impressive special abilities of all MGLN characters...

... Teana truly is ordinary and still kicks copious amounts of ass, firmly earning her status as a Badass Normal.

Nena, not being a mage at all, being unable to learn and use magic entirely due to the reversed nature of her Linker Core, and having to deal with this limitation as a professional soldier and mercenary... she's also a Badass Normal.

The rivalry is the "normal" people fighting against each other, and two sharpshooters pitted against each other--Teana the master of the close/medium-range rapid-fire shot, and Nena who has mastered long-range sniping to an incredible degree.

Against each other at close range, Teana has the advantage due to her superior gun-and-run skills, her illusion magic and her extremely adaptable Device, Cross Mirage. Nena is disadvantaged because she's learned how to shoot through sniping, and doesn't have the same "intuitive aim" that characterizes Teana's shooting style.

At long ranges though... and I mean LONG... Nena has the obvious advantage. With her neutron rifle, she can take out moving targets from kilometers away. She isn't helpless at close range though, as Teana's shots will have a lot of trouble piercing her magic resistance, and Teana may find it hard to deflect the bullets fired from Nena's sidearm.

We know from SSX, as mentioned before, that a mage can fairly easily block regular bullets, so of course some munitions company would design bullets that work better on mages. ^^;

So far Nanohaverse canon has shown that mages, or those with magic-like abilities such as combat cyborgs, sit on the top of the pile. Nena's actions, once they become public, may cause people to reconsider that top spot...
Old 2009-07-24, 19:20   Link #7607
Saint X
VxR Productions
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Saint X
Quote:
Oooh, music mages. Haven't seen those since the Haruhi concept.
Technically they can be or not -it's their own call if they want be musical.

lowe is thinking of something along the tuner line as well... standby

Quote:
So... if I read things right they have COLOSSAL COSMICAL POWERS! But risk ripping the multiverse apart if they use it?
technically yes, they can erase a human with one pass of the baton.

but then again, if they do that they need to do a load of work to keep the dissonance from spreading, and that at a furious pace.

and the scale of tuning is also dependent on the capabilities of the tuner- so yeah no mere human can tune a galaxy in one mere sweep, even if he/she did the power needed is soo great that the cosmos will just probably collapse under itself.

they are more suited for the local and immidiate level.

Quote:
Didn't we already do that? I lost his name, but we did have a converted Necron in Old Cadia. I recall he could sing quite decently as well.
I said Poem

now imagine a Shakesperian Necron

Quote:
Order is Chaos!
"Peace theu power" and all of that jazz...

Quote:
*raises hand* I don't visit the chat, who is this?
your character type is becoming popular once again :3
Old 2009-07-25, 01:32   Link #7608
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

*A black HEV pod slams into the thread. As the dust settles, Goose steps out*

I'm back. Didn't end up getting sacked or eventually doing suicide by car.

Quote:

Ivan: "Dude, your mom was hot."
Barrett: *headdesks*
Smith: "Mai waifu is love."
Mio: *eyes outfit speculatively*

Quote:

Nena:
Back to work.
Ahahahahahahaha, even the White Devil's befriending cannot stop the lure of money.
Quote:
Mio Reigner, daughter of Keroko and Noland. Still, Goose was the origin of this crack, and with his disappearance...

Speak for yourself Tempest is making her fanon in his verse, as am I. And it's Reiniger.

Besides, a shy beserker who plays the bass is Moe~ Especially with her Moe Moe Kyun Attack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
That's about the size of it. ^^; Nanoha definitely has enough power to "befriend" Nena--actually, any of the "Aces" do. Her resistance to magic can't withstand Nanoha, Fate or Hayate's levels of overwhelming power.

The Wolkenritter would likely just shrug when magic didn't work, then use their blunt and pointy things to beat the crap out of her. Belkan Knights have something of the advantage here.

But for the most part, Nena fights Teana. I really wanted to stress this rivalry here because among tons of incredibly gifted mages, Rare Skill users, keepers of world-destroying reformatted Lost Logia, artificial mages, combat cyborgs, dragon summoners and the various other impressive special abilities of all MGLN characters...

... Teana truly is ordinary and still kicks copious amounts of ass, firmly earning her status as a Badass Normal.

Nena, not being a mage at all, being unable to learn and use magic entirely due to the reversed nature of her Linker Core, and having to deal with this limitation as a professional soldier and mercenary... she's also a Badass Normal.

The rivalry is the "normal" people fighting against each other, and two sharpshooters pitted against each other--Teana the master of the close/medium-range rapid-fire shot, and Nena who has mastered long-range sniping to an incredible degree.

Against each other at close range, Teana has the advantage due to her superior gun-and-run skills, her illusion magic and her extremely adaptable Device, Cross Mirage. Nena is disadvantaged because she's learned how to shoot through sniping, and doesn't have the same "intuitive aim" that characterizes Teana's shooting style.

At long ranges though... and I mean LONG... Nena has the obvious advantage. With her neutron rifle, she can take out moving targets from kilometers away. She isn't helpless at close range though, as Teana's shots will have a lot of trouble piercing her magic resistance, and Teana may find it hard to deflect the bullets fired from Nena's sidearm.

We know from SSX, as mentioned before, that a mage can fairly easily block regular bullets, so of course some munitions company would design bullets that work better on mages. ^^;

So far Nanohaverse canon has shown that mages, or those with magic-like abilities such as combat cyborgs, sit on the top of the pile. Nena's actions, once they become public, may cause people to reconsider that top spot...
All good points, and the story sounds promising.

With regards to bullets though, it should be noted that Erio blocked the bullets when they were fired from close range, where he could see the attack. Sniping is a different issue, especially from several kilometers out. During the Erusian War, Sergeant Major A.J. Ivanovich earned the moniker "Mage Hunter of North Point" for his great sucess in sniping Bureau mages from long range and in the many ambushes he and Erick von Long initiated. An experienced sniper would also make a good opponent for Nena - she might be good, but she doesn't have Ivanovich's experience...

And then for a more hotblooded opponent, Franz Jaeger's reaction to learning that she's mostly immune to magic:

Spoiler for Try Again:

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-25, 01:37   Link #7609
Tempy
Σ(。д°(o--(ಠ益ಠ )
*Author

Quote:
[I]Speak for yourself Tempest is making her fanon in his verse, as am I. And it's Reiniger
Haha, everyone gets the surname wrong. Why is that ;__;

I hate to burst your bubble, Goose, but Mio is still uncertain in my verse. I may have had a hand in her creation, but unfortunately her presence is yet to be determined. You're welcome to continue on with it, though.
Old 2009-07-25, 02:14   Link #7610
AdmiralTigerclaw
Sword Wielding Penguin

Quote:
Spoiler for Try Again:
The only thing missing is for Crash to ruin the moment...

When in doubt, accidently drop a pilot in 400 kg magic assisted power armor into the middle of it... litterally.

"What do you mean 'GRAV DRIVE MALFUNCTION!?' I'M THREE SECONDS FROM- "

*CRUNCH*
Old 2009-07-25, 03:16   Link #7611
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest Dynasty View Post
Haha, everyone gets the surname wrong. Why is that ;__;
Isn't it sad, Tempin~

*Goose is shot repeatedly*

Quote:
I hate to burst your bubble, Goose, but Mio is still uncertain in my verse. I may have had a hand in her creation, but unfortunately her presence is yet to be determined. You're welcome to continue on with it, though.
*Goose is deflated, his bubble burst*

Oh well, at least I have your blessings.

Quote:
The only thing missing is for Crash to ruin the moment...

When in doubt, accidently drop a pilot in 400 kg magic assisted power armor into the middle of it... litterally.

"What do you mean 'GRAV DRIVE MALFUNCTION!?' I'M THREE SECONDS FROM- "

*CRUNCH*
What, no EDI swooping down to save Crash from cratering?

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-25, 05:57   Link #7612
MeisterBabylon
~ Ping For Effect ~
*Author

See what I said about Hotel Cadian?

Quote:

HNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGG!!!!

T_____T
Aaaah, shaddap!

*stabs Aaron with a useless bunny*

Quote:
Does she have a mama and papa-snake hand-puppets...? >_>
Karl remembers how she entertained the children at the orphanage when they were living on Macross Aslan... And she used hand puppets... Now what were they...?

Quote:
Wait no one told me Hone Onna's friend in Glock was FIREBOMBER!!!

*FLEEEEEEEEEEEEZ*

Quote:
Still playing WoW? Wow, even I grew bored with it. Granted, I'm just steaming myself for the Old Republic now, but still...
I'm just taking a looooong break from it, having attained my aim of gearing to epic...

Quote:
Lunarians. Yes, they have bunny ears. They evolved them hundreds of milenia ago to deal with predators on the moon. They don't need them in this day and age, no longer being primitive creatures anymore and having adequate defenses, but their evolutionary memento still remains.
Could you imagine the Sinon's fright when they first met the Lunarians millenia ago? They had been commemorating the day that one of their own who fled to that star system to prevent her husband from gaining God powers, and found that not only had she made landfall, she flourished and nurtured an entire race of human bunnies with that serum she stole!

The dilution of the Hero serum meant that the entire race skipped many rugs of evolution, but did not attain Godhood, thus saving the multiverse from the wrath of her warmongering husband.

*inspired by a Chinese myth btw. Sinon are magic Chinese. For example, Kia and Karlheim are Belka-born Sinon, like say Lingo is an Australian Born Chinese.*

Quote:

And he's back like I thot he would.

One thing I don't like about Mio as a name is that there's too many of her! The one big Mio I know is a war heroine of the Great War of 0045, Admiral Sakamoto Mio, for her work at the helm of the Joint Striker Wing during that period. However, she's not so famous that anyone would know her; You'd have to be watching the History Channel to even hear some mentions of her!

Unless Keroko watches the History Channel... did she?

Too bad I shipped Noland to Vivio. It's much better that way. I'll simply have Chevolet Takamachi in her place.

Old 2009-07-25, 07:57   Link #7613
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic Send a message via Skype™ to synaesthetic
Quote:
All good points, and the story sounds promising.

With regards to bullets though, it should be noted that Erio blocked the bullets when they were fired from close range, where he could see the attack. Sniping is a different issue, especially from several kilometers out. During the Erusian War, Sergeant Major A.J. Ivanovich earned the moniker "Mage Hunter of North Point" for his great sucess in sniping Bureau mages from long range and in the many ambushes he and Erick von Long initiated. An experienced sniper would also make a good opponent for Nena - she might be good, but she doesn't have Ivanovich's experience...

And then for a more hotblooded opponent, Franz Jaeger's reaction to learning that she's mostly immune to magic:

Spoiler for Try Again:
Erio isn't a terribly powerful mage either. He's above average, especially for his age, and definitely more powerful than the standard redshirt of the TSAB forces.

But Nena takes assignments to kill political and military targets of strategic importance--those who aren't mages are likely politicians, and those who are retired combat mages are probably really powerful and more importantly experienced.

Nena's pistol skills aren't the best, but they're good enough, usually. Most of the time if she's that close she doesn't go for the kill, but to divert and distract so she can escape. She's had a lot of close calls with shadier characters than she trying to steal her sniper rifle.

Concerning Sgt. Maj. Ivanovich, he is very likely much more skilled than she is with a regular sniper rifle. Using Nena's weapon takes a very different skillset, not just to operate, but to maintain as well. Ivanovich surely compensates for bullet drop, wind, weather conditions and all of that without even thinking. Not something you need to worry about with a particle beam. ^^;

Regarding your scenario, Nena would likely have run away long ago if she was up against that many scary motherfuckers. =o Barriers don't work too well to keep her penned in, either.
Old 2009-07-25, 08:06   Link #7614
MeisterBabylon
~ Ping For Effect ~
*Author

More randomness... I blame my imouto. >_>
Spoiler for What kick?:

Old 2009-07-25, 10:58   Link #7615
AdmiralTigerclaw
Sword Wielding Penguin

Quote:

What, no EDI swooping down to save Crash from cratering?
No, EDI swoops in only when his swoop music's playing.
But if his Swoop Music is playing, Things are about to get ... Unpleasant.

Spoiler for Things:
Old 2009-07-25, 11:43   Link #7616
goombas
OOOOH YEAH! DIGG IT!

hmm, How can I get in on this discussion? I want to create my own character, but the rules in the first post are kind of.....confusing.
goombas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-25, 11:46   Link #7617
AdmiralTigerclaw
Sword Wielding Penguin

Hang around and get a feel for it for a while...

Otherwise you will probably stir up insanity.

Also, I suggest that unless you plan to do something with the characters you create, don't get into creating them. It's like you're making replica swords... except there's no market for them.
Old 2009-07-25, 12:07   Link #7618
LoweGear
Device Meister
*Graphic Designer

Quote:

That's Maven?

*ehem*

Anyway, seems that "2nd Generation" would be any OC that is the offspring of the "First Generation". In other words, the 2nd Gen would be any born Post-StrikerS or so.

Quote:

You're right!!!

DORAGOOOOON SLAAAAAAAVE!!!!!!

Quote:
Mai and Smith with Ai-chan;
Barret's sister, almost forgot

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon
I heard Shinji and Matsuri adopted;
They may have adopted, but that doesn't mean they don't have very steamy-

*is SHOT*

Quote:
Kaprika: *click* Yay perfect!
Mai: ...Kaka-chan...
Kaka: ...no not again!

Kaprika shows Mai the messed-up photo developed from her Kaleide Pink Polaroid.

Kaka: It always happens when I take pictures... Mai-nee-chan?

Mai has turned red at what she has seen.

Maybe Kaprika has watched too much of a tokusatsu show that her photos are turning out the same way...?
Mai: ... Ippen... shindemiru?

Quote:
Woohie! Large one, and nicely shopped.

Lotsa freedom there. Better keep Tesla away from them, she'd abuse such freedom horribly. <_<
Tesla will have to prove she can handle the stress of true EXCOM work... and also prove herself to actually have control over herself

Actually, while the description does make EXCOM sound like an ultrapowerful force that can get away with anything, in reality even they have their limits under which they must work in (otherwise the brass wouldn't even consider creating them), like the "No Operating Within Midchild Space" policy I mentioned a few posts up. These, and a logic loophole regarding the nature of their mission will be explained in another intel update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko
Yes, and he broke much ears in the process

Quote:
Ivan: "Dude, your mom was hot."
Barrett: *headdesks*
Smith: "Mai waifu is love."
Mio: *eyes outfit speculatively*
... and thus begins the root of Mio's closet cosplay obsession?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose

Spoiler for Try Again:
ORE WO DARE DATTO OMOTTE YAGA-

Quote:
More randomness... I blame my imouto. >_>
Spoiler for What kick?:
- RIDAAAAAAAAA KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICK!!!!

Quote:
Wait no one told me Hone Onna's friend in Glock was FIREBOMBER!!!

*FLEEEEEEEEEEEEZ*
*Shoots fleeing Meister*

ARNIE yo, ARNIE

Quote:
Originally Posted by goombas View Post
hmm, How can I get in on this discussion? I want to create my own character, but the rules in the first post are kind of.....confusing.
Confusing how? It just mentions that you shouldn't make overpowered characters than can take over entire storyworlds (fictionwise or storywise).

And getting into the discussion would be easier if you posted a creation or comment on one, given how the flow of discussions around here tend to rely more on in-jokes

--------

Noel Cosplay Mai in Player 2 Colors

Mai: .... how many more of these do you have?

*RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNZ*

On Sickness: "Like someone filled my journal with junk data and then set it to defragment and gave me the lowest priority possible."
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-25, 12:46   Link #7619
Sheba
*singing In the Navy*

Quote:

Now try Sanae Kochiya colors.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-25, 16:44   Link #7620
FlameSparkZ
Ambiguous Pokerface

Quote:

Nice

Quote:

HNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGG!!!!

T_____T
*pats Aaron*

Quote:

Nicex2

Tags
hayaurion, kaonland, keroland, khrack, original content