AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Nanoha

Notices

Old 2010-08-01, 09:31   Link #9041
Anita
~ I Will ~

You don't know meh? I told you before we used to play Starcraft in St Nicks what.
Old 2010-08-01, 09:35   Link #9042
MeisterBabylon
~ Ping For Effect ~
*Author

ORE WO KITE NAI ZE!!

Still, the idea that two GIRLS forked over over a hundred bucks for a computer game... does not compute somehow.

On money: Every man has a price. For everything else, there's MakoCard.
MeisterBabylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-01, 09:36   Link #9043
Anita
~ I Will ~

You're just jealous that I've always outrushed your Dark Templars.
Old 2010-08-01, 09:37   Link #9044
MeisterBabylon
~ Ping For Effect ~
*Author

I'm born in Singapore. You're born in China. You're closer to Koreans than I ever was. So...

Old 2010-08-01, 09:42   Link #9045
Heinekochan
Nyaa! ^w^

Come on, I've been waiting for Starcraft II for ages! We didn't preorder though, so lucky still got stock.
Heinekochan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-01, 09:43   Link #9046
MeisterBabylon
~ Ping For Effect ~
*Author

You two never fail to make meh facepalm at my lack of wealth. Dx

Old 2010-08-01, 21:05   Link #9047
PhoenixFlare
The Resurrector
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Killing Zerglings that's what
Adjutant: Zerg bio-signatures detected. Requesting support against imminent alien attack.

All right, brother, it's time to get our weapons ready and our psi-blades sharpened.

En Taro Tassadar!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heinekochan View Post
Most of the men (even at the lab) are stuck behind computers linked to the Kopuru Sector. Actually, so were Anita-sempai and me, but we don't play more than 1 mission each time.
You saying this made me think of multiple Stetmann clones trying to do some unthinkables on random Zerg samples.

On the other hand, I'm also a lab-person stuck behind a computer, only that I have to analyze copious amounts of numbers and data. ;_;

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
I never understand why you don't have the wealth myself.
PhoenixFlare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-02, 00:29   Link #9048
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within

Quote:
I'm born in Singapore. You're born in China. You're closer to Koreans than I ever was. So...
No excuses Kha, I'm on the same rock as you and I've just completed the Campaign this morning
Chaos2Frozen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-02, 02:28   Link #9049
MeisterBabylon
~ Ping For Effect ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixFlare View Post
You saying this made me think of multiple Stetmann clones trying to do some unthinkables on random Zerg samples.
Figures that Anita and Heineko are working for the Confederacy...

...oh wait I'm still in temporal displacement.

Quote:
On the other hand, I'm also a lab-person stuck behind a computer, only that I have to analyze copious amounts of numbers and data. ;_;
Funny, Anita plays in between running experiments. And so were a few other lab techs with her.

Quote:
I never understand why you don't have the wealth myself.
Medical Student Poverty Syndrome with superimposed parasitic infection by Girlfriendis tsunderis and Imoutens notrelatedbybloodens goldworms.

The prognosis is evidently quite bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
No excuses Kha, I'm on the same rock as you and I've just completed the Campaign this morning
I'll surpass you once I actually BUY the damn game...

...in 2012. Seriously, 100 bucks for something not an MMO, that will be updated like an MMO, with patches released annually in the form of new expansions, needing the internet to play? Think Imma wait for the Starcraft II Trilogy Collector's Edition before I invest.

And by then, I should have a properly-sized paycheck to invest with.

Old 2010-08-02, 11:47   Link #9050
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
Well, unfortunately I don't have a computer that can handle SC2. (T___T)

At least I've finally gotten myself a job, and in a reputable company at that.
YOU FOOL! Now you will be consumed by that morass that is White Collar Work, and shall never be free again, chained and shackled to your company!!!

...Which is pretty much what happened to me.

Welcome back, Ossan. In comemoration of your return:

HAYAUREIN FOREVER!!!!!

(Yes, Hayate-Aurion-Rein Eins threesome for great win. Now I just need to write it.)

*Goose hastily clambers into the cockpit of a Stark Jegan*

Incidentally, beware. Five exclamation marks is the sign of a deranged mind.

Quote:

I approve. I APPROOOOVVEE~~~!!!
And somehow, we never give you any shit about your love for Hayate.

...probably because Swirly Ossan's heart is the purest of all hearts here, maybe?

Quote:
Anyway, yeah. Finally an employed member of society.
I actually think I'll be popping up in here a lot more now that I have some stable ground and living in the city for a good while. I'll sneak in some reviews when I can. My next chapter is about 75% finished too. >:3

Aside from that, I've decided to take up reading in earnest. I'm disastrously behind in the literature department. So I hope finally reading around 2 books a week (if I can fit it in my schedule) should also help my writing. James Patterson, John Grisham and Stephen King books among others are in my to-read list so far. (I can't find Terry Pratchett books. T_T) Yup, busy life ahead of me. =3
Somehow I have lost interest in reading, except for Pratchett. Blew a good wad of cash on the Night Watch books.

....Shit. I have had a new thought for porting now. And this thought follows a certain thematic instruction:

But down these mean streets a man must go who is not himself mean, who is neither tarnished nor afraid.

Well, Nobody's Perfect.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-02, 18:21   Link #9051
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameSparkZ View Post

Oh, so his hair color is white-ish, thought it was somthing else, but looks good.

Really, I saw the pic before I read the text and thought she was a new Hayate, but then I saw Schwertkreutz(sp?) and read it
...That's quite a change >_>
Yeah. Skryed's hair color is white. I think its suits him best when considering the type of personality he has. =D

Quote:
*sees the doorway to OCT jammed with nosebleeding corpses*

Uh... I think Fate-kun's colored Hayate Unison killed those who can't afford SC2.

And an absence of Heineko's drugs is always good.

*runs!*
I was thinking that a panchira is a perfect addition as a fanservice. I guess it was effective? >_<

Finding the right colors to complement the entire design of the her new looks was quite hard though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Killing Zerglings that's what

Is it strange that I read Skryed's name as "Skyred"? Nice drawing for him though, gets the stern glasses look perfectly.

As for Hayate... DEM ZETTAI RYOUIKI-

*SHOT*
I guess its strange. XD
His name is supposed to be pronounced the same way as the anime called, "Scryed" (スクライド, Sukuraido)

Quote:

At least I've finally gotten myself a job, and in a reputable company at that.

Hmm. I approve. :3
Pretty good for a coloring job. Good design too.

By the way, I've been peeking now and then over here, but I haven't been able to read much. I could tell your drawing skills are improving from the recent pictures, -Fate-. Keep up the good work. I'll give your works and the others' proper reviews later. >:3
Its been quite a while Aaron. XD
Congratulations on getting a job btw. =D
I'm glad that you like it. Getting an approval from a big fan of Hayate is quite an accomplishment in my point of view. :3

Although I was forced to take an art class last semester, I'm actually grateful about it since it did help me improve even by just a little.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heinekochan View Post

Scryed is rather stern for a chibi device. Or is he full-sized?

But if you hadn't mentioned it, I wouldn't know that is Hayate...
Skryed is full-sized. He's about 5.7 feet tall.

Its understandable that you couldn't tell that its Hayate. At first, I was considering to imitate the official art style for the Nanoha series; however, I found out that the manga itself has a different art which I find rather unique. As a result, I decided to incorporate my own style instead. Its much more convenient for me too. =D
Silvance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-02, 22:55   Link #9052
MeisterBabylon
~ Ping For Effect ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fate T Harlaown View Post
I was thinking that a panchira is a perfect addition as a fanservice. I guess it was effective? >_<

Finding the right colors to complement the entire design of the her new looks was quite hard though.
Nevertheless, it was super effective.

Old 2010-08-02, 23:12   Link #9053
Heinekochan
Nyaa! ^w^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
I have had a new thought for porting now. And this thought follows a certain thematic instruction:

But down these mean streets a man must go who is not himself mean, who is neither tarnished nor afraid.

Well, Nobody's Perfect.
The one and only 'hardboiled' meitantei deserves an appearance in Nanoha World, even if only a cameo. =^w^=

And I was working on a Kamen Rider Double-inspired OC, but I still don't understand why Onii-sama keeps denying me. I was not writing a cut-and-paste. I was proposing that Yuuno and the surprise original character teamed up for this special Rider, and I gave the Xtreme Memory my own spin. In addition, I rewrote (and renamed) how the Relic Memories worked... And then why?

Quote:
Skryed is full-sized. He's about 5.7 feet tall.

Its understandable that you couldn't tell that its Hayate. At first, I was considering to imitate the official art style for the Nanoha series; however, I found out that the manga itself has a different art which I find rather unique. As a result, I decided to incorporate my own style instead. Its much more convenient for me too. =D
As she is now, I think Hayate is from Valkyrie Profile! And I mean it as a compliment.
Old 2010-08-03, 01:15   Link #9054
Tempy
Σ(。д(o--(ಠ益ಠ )
*Author

Excessive use of Kamen Rider aside (it was as rampant as 40k use), it's a little difficult to determine anything if you just complain about it and not post what it is Kha doesn't want you to do.

Or it could just be the former, that there are too many Kamen Riders here.
Old 2010-08-03, 09:18   Link #9055
MeisterBabylon
~ Ping For Effect ~
*Author

I didn't stop her because of Riders. As far as I know, the Rider corps are kinda dwindled at the moment. What I did stop her for is because the entire document and character resulted from when I handed her some of my notes to proofread...

...and she read a few things, joined a few dots, hatched a few plots and...

...you get the picture. >_>

And...

...Aaron008R...

...I know we are really, really good friends. And you have been very supportive of me...

...I never really meant to do this... It just happened...

...well...

Spoiler for RSVP:
*RUNZ FASTAH THAN WARP 20*

Try it! http://shindanmaker.com/23295

*real chinese name* is destined to marry Nanoha Takamachi on October 11, 2012 おめでとう^o^/ !!

Last edited by MeisterBabylon; 2010-08-03 at 09:30.
Old 2010-08-03, 11:50   Link #9056
XenahortCharybdis
does whatever he wants.

Quote:
Wow. Its unusual for this thread to have no post for fifteen days straight D=
What happened to all of the regulars? >__<
I hear you, o you of little faith; Life has its ways of stymieing even the faithful.
And I reply with good-measured reserve forsooth; even if for your impatience I should be wrathful.

Quote:
Spoiler:

I did mention that Skryed is a unison device before, right?
If you guys had read his profile, you should already know who his partner is going to be in my fanfic.

This is the reason why I haven't worked on the last part of chapter 3...

Spoiler for Hikari no Kyuusaisha, Hayate:

Yeah, when the two unites, Hayate's overall appearance changes drastically. =D
I'm all with Aaron here, you've really, really improved. This stuff is pretty much hawt damn, no questions asked - although I do somewhat demur at the base concept of Hayate looking like that...all the same, keep up the good work (noted the mini comics as well. I really need to learn that one)!

I may join you with my own unworthy efforts at original art should I eventually work up the time. Which may, in fact, surprisingly, be soon, as I appear to be slowly getting used to spending practically all my day studying, with all but one or two hours in the day left to myself...which I could well use, in fact. Better than letting my writing and drawing skills rot, at any rate.

Quote:
Hands up for old-fashioned comps.

Quote:

By the way, I've been peeking now and then over here, but I haven't been able to read much. I could tell your drawing skills are improving from the recent pictures, -Fate-. Keep up the good work. I'll give your works and the others' proper reviews later. >:3
And there you go again with your famous Hayate swoon...and a promise of a comeback posto?! Looks like I shouldn't be falling behind the new working-class man, now, or this'll be an embarrassment! >=3

Quote:
Aside from that, I've decided to take up reading in earnest. I'm disastrously behind in the literature department. So I hope finally reading around 2 books a week (if I can fit it in my schedule) should also help my writing. James Patterson, John Grisham and Stephen King books among others are in my to-read list so far. (I can't find Terry Pratchett books. T_T) Yup, busy life ahead of me. =3
Good call there. I need to start reading solidly again myself. It seems once you leave the realm of literature studies you find yourself with little time for these things, and that's no good at all.

And in any case Aaron, you can lay off Pratchett a bit first; he, Jasper Fforde and their like write crack so pure that even if they pulled it right out of their butts it'd still be intoxicatingly obfuscating and yet inexplicably funny (in fact I quite suspect that this is their modus operandi in general)...which isn't quite a style anyone or everyone can handle - handling both at once is a tall order though having just one at a time is fairly basic.

Quote:
You never fail to amaze me at your lack of wealth, too. I *could* buy Starcraft II now, BUT I'll lay off it till my As are over. Delayed gratification always makes the reward sweeter, after all

Quote:
YOU FOOL! Now you will be consumed by that morass that is White Collar Work, and shall never be free again, chained and shackled to your company!!!

...Which is pretty much what happened to me.
The least you could do was to pray for his safety, and here you go starting with a berating. Valid? Sure. But edifying? Well, you think about that

Quote:
HAYAUREIN FOREVER!!!!!
Is it just me...

...or is Aurion's mysterious charisma more effective the less people write about him, Aaron?

Quote:
...probably because Swirly Ossan's heart is the purest of all hearts here, maybe?
O High King of Swirly Heaven, may this ever be so!

Quote:
Well, it was effective on Babylon, apparently, since I see his nosewalls crumbling like Jericho's walls right over there in a torrent of crimson...

*tosses towel at MeisterBabylon*

...and would you PLEASE clean that up yourself?

Quote:
Although I was forced to take an art class last semester, I'm actually grateful about it since it did help me improve even by just a little.
Be grateful, ya. Some people never had the chance to take proper art classes...because SOME COUNTRIES think that art is either Fine Art or Abstract Art

...while everything else in the middle is either branded useless or vandalism. Hell yeah for autho-

-Hey, I didn't say anythin'!

Quote:
I didn't stop her because of Riders. As far as I know, the Rider corps are kinda dwindled at the moment. What I did stop her for is because the entire document and character resulted from when I handed her some of my notes to proofread...

...and she read a few things, joined a few dots, hatched a few plots and...

...you get the picture. >_>
Personally I have zero problemo wido dato, man'o. So, yo, no comprehendo!

Like stated above, I might just be returning, since I'm currently looking for a 'break'-type thing to insert into my schedule so I don't quite go insane studying, and that won't take up too much time, hopefully. I suppose Aaron also contributed somewhat to convincing me of the merit of rolling back around these parts, so hey, it's a fairly distinct possibility - more distinct than usual, at least.

And now, to bed. School's finally winding down as we gear up, hell yeah.
XenahortCharybdis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-04, 18:20   Link #9057
Heinekochan
Nyaa! ^w^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempy View Post
Or it could just be the former, that there are too many Kamen Riders here.

I'll change tack for now... I believe you people like science fiction?
Old 2010-08-04, 19:08   Link #9058
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd

Send a message via AIM to itanshi1 Send a message via MSN to itanshi1
Yeah, let's be different. Let's use Time Bandits or something from door number 3

edit: link died so sad

Fear Anxiety Doubt is but a fad. The life of a fad depends entirely on the willingness to support it. Difficulty is a choice. Determination is a path. Your next great idea after your destination is the true goal.

Last edited by itanshi1; 2012-08-17 at 08:40.
itanshi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-04, 20:21   Link #9059
Heinekochan
Nyaa! ^w^

The Forever War! It's so sad. Even the anime remake was sad.
Old 2010-08-04, 20:37   Link #9060
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd

Send a message via AIM to itanshi1 Send a message via MSN to itanshi1
ah yeah, that one is gonna be made into a hollywood movie ^_^. Peoples is screenwriting, Scott is directing ftw.

Fear Anxiety Doubt is but a fad. The life of a fad depends entirely on the willingness to support it. Difficulty is a choice. Determination is a path. Your next great idea after your destination is the true goal.
itanshi1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hayaurion, kaonland, keroland, khrack, original content