AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Nanoha

Old 2010-08-04, 21:30   Link #9061
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Important!

Hello guys, it's been a while since the last time I posted here, well, I'm looking forward to hear some opinions about this idea. as probably most of you already know, I'm making a new Nanoha comic, announced to have chapter 1 released on October at Deviantart and a Spanish version at another web (Information about the plot here.. Nanoha Revolution is a special project to me, not only because I'm bringing many of my old OCs back such as ROBO-GATSURALLY and the infamous demon Lolikon (now named Abigorn >_>...ehemmm.....) but because, well, the first comic I ever made was based on the Nanoha universe (If you remember Nanoha Rise of Techno-Union, which I doubt) Well, the thing is, there's something I've been thinking on about the story to make it... more attractive, no, it's not the fact that Nanoha is gonna be paired with a male character, I'm considerating to power down the characters from the Nanoha Universe in several ways.

Why? Well, starting with the fact that I had never liked character who can destroy entire armies with the lift of a finger, I'm also seeking to make them more human, more vulnerable and to add an extra suspense to the story.

If it's so simple why to ask help? Well, considerate this, trough the 3 seasons and the mangas, it's been set clear the power that Nanoha, Fate, Hayate, and the entire list of characters have. I fear that people could find odd or even absurd to see a Nanoha not so powerful, a Nanoha that does not cast huge energy beams that take down legions of robots in an instant. But I'm seeking to make this comic more attractive and less overrated or cliched.

In which ways the characters would be powered down? To start with, no flying ability, and I know this sounds a bit extreme in the Nanoha universe, but the fact of seeing the cast flying at huge speeds over a battle field and firing from above sounds a bit absurd to me, I think that having them on the ground could add an extra touch of suspense on the story and could have the readers more attached to the battle scenes. Another would be to remove all sort of super transformations, powered ups armors (such as Fate's sonic form) and unisions, I want the good guys and the bad guys to be balanced all the time and to have the victory of a battle being decided by the characters skills and to some super mode, and finally, to remove several super devastating attack such as Starlight Breaker and also the super shields that protect the characters from all the damage, I want to power down this factors, characters will still have magic powers but not at such huge levels.

So, guys what do you think? I want this to get a 10 out of 10 from the readers so I'm open for any suggestion, complain or opinion.
Old 2010-08-05, 00:00   Link #9062
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd

Send a message via AIM to itanshi1 Send a message via MSN to itanshi1
and also actually take military training seriously? that is to say instructor at 35, not 19

Fear Anxiety Doubt is but a fad. The life of a fad depends entirely on the willingness to support it. Difficulty is a choice. Determination is a path. Your next great idea after your destination is the true goal.
itanshi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-05, 00:55   Link #9063
Tempy
Σ(。д°(o--(ಠ益ಠ )
*Author

This took a while, but I got it done.

First part.

Spoiler for Blind 2:
Old 2010-08-05, 01:08   Link #9064
MeisterBabylon
~ Fists of Fury ~
*Author

I see Tempy is tsundere for Keroko because he has continued working on the Keroland pairing despite complaining that everyone seems to be writing for her creator.

*fleeeeeeeeeeez*

On money: Every man has a price. For everything else, there's MakoCard.
MeisterBabylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-05, 01:52   Link #9065
Nya~n
umbrella moe~♥

trying too hard, kha. trying too hard.
Old 2010-08-05, 05:17   Link #9066
MeisterBabylon
~ Fists of Fury ~
*Author

It was something mentionable in the 10s of time I had to access read and post.

Old 2010-08-05, 16:47   Link #9067
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

*pops in* I'm working on some actual writing of my own to signify my actual return to this thread (though stuff keeps happening to throw a wrench in that plan) but since Tempy wrote another part of Blind, I am bound by honor to reply:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempy View Post
This took a while, but I got it done.

First part.

Spoiler for Blind 2:
You know, the beginning of this chapter hits home more close than I'd thought. When I was little, I once woke up not knowing there was a small dark blanket covering my eyes. I tried to see, but couldn't. I opened my eyes with my hands to see if they were really open and started to panic. Fortunately when I sat upright I threw the blanket off and could see again, and quickly realized what happened, but that fear I woke up with that day I'll always remember.

Also, last image gave a simple one-word reply:

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

I regret nothing.
Old 2010-08-06, 13:33   Link #9068
Estavali
厨紳士です

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Rick View Post
Hello guys, it's been a while since the last time I posted here, well, I'm looking forward to hear some opinions about this idea. as probably most of you already know, I'm making a new Nanoha comic, announced to have chapter 1 released on October at Deviantart and a Spanish version at another web (Information about the plot here.. Nanoha Revolution is a special project to me, not only because I'm bringing many of my old OCs back such as ROBO-GATSURALLY and the infamous demon Lolikon (now named Abigorn >_>...ehemmm.....) but because, well, the first comic I ever made was based on the Nanoha universe (If you remember Nanoha Rise of Techno-Union, which I doubt) Well, the thing is, there's something I've been thinking on about the story to make it... more attractive, no, it's not the fact that Nanoha is gonna be paired with a male character, I'm considerating to power down the characters from the Nanoha Universe in several ways.

Why? Well, starting with the fact that I had never liked character who can destroy entire armies with the lift of a finger, I'm also seeking to make them more human, more vulnerable and to add an extra suspense to the story.

If it's so simple why to ask help? Well, considerate this, trough the 3 seasons and the mangas, it's been set clear the power that Nanoha, Fate, Hayate, and the entire list of characters have. I fear that people could find odd or even absurd to see a Nanoha not so powerful, a Nanoha that does not cast huge energy beams that take down legions of robots in an instant. But I'm seeking to make this comic more attractive and less overrated or cliched.

In which ways the characters would be powered down? To start with, no flying ability, and I know this sounds a bit extreme in the Nanoha universe, but the fact of seeing the cast flying at huge speeds over a battle field and firing from above sounds a bit absurd to me, I think that having them on the ground could add an extra touch of suspense on the story and could have the readers more attached to the battle scenes. Another would be to remove all sort of super transformations, powered ups armors (such as Fate's sonic form) and unisions, I want the good guys and the bad guys to be balanced all the time and to have the victory of a battle being decided by the characters skills and to some super mode, and finally, to remove several super devastating attack such as Starlight Breaker and also the super shields that protect the characters from all the damage, I want to power down this factors, characters will still have magic powers but not at such huge levels.

So, guys what do you think? I want this to get a 10 out of 10 from the readers so I'm open for any suggestion, complain or opinion.
Personally I would suggest that, instead of removing abilities and elements of the series, it would be better to lower the perceived power levels and apply strict and realistic restrictions based on real-life conditions to everything and everyone. And everyone will of course include your villains, who would have to play by the rules as well unless you can give them a sound reason to cheat in the game.

For example, flight. You don't need to clip everyone's wings. Instead, make them fly slower, at a speed that is humanly possible or as fast as most birds could go. For more inexperienced flyers, you could also add conditions like disorientation, dizziness, anything that fighter pilots may experience on their first flights, as they fly. And at the same time, make it so that flying, like all human activities, requires a sustained effort. This means that no longer can your characters fly effortlessly over long distances non-stop, that they will tire as they fly, and that they will need aerial transport to fetch them from camp to the frontline like everyone else. Removing flight also removes aerial combat, which is one of the main features in the Nanoha series and more options for you to use when working on battle scenes.

Secondly, look at everything: spell, equipment, character natures, and think, "Is this really as uber as they say it is?" One good example is the SLB. Sure, we've been repeatably beaten over the head about how it's supposed to be the answer to all problems, but is that really so? First of all, it's a collection type spell, you'll need to gather enough power before firing. For MMO players, this rings a bell: long cast time, which also translates to a wide opening. Even with the Cartridge System, Nanoha still had to waste a fair amount of time before she could blast a hole through the Cradle. A lot of things can be done with this delay. Some of our friends here in OCT once remarked that they have found it ridiculous that you can have this large, pink target right in the open and nobody ever thinks about firing a disruptor into it and blow it up in Nanoha's face. Coupled with the apparent fact that anyone using a collection type spell has to stay put until everything's done, what's there to guarantee your SLBer won't be surrounded and shot down by hostile forces while she's still charging up for the launch? Friendly cover? Not only will this force you to deploy unnecessary manpower to protect your moving cannon (thus weakening other sectors which may need them more urgently), this might also force them to go on the defensive if things look bad (and your SLBer too stubborn to disengage despite being overwhelmed). Give up, fly off and try again? This only repeats the whole process, resulting in even more time wasted. If one looks at the SLB (and other flashy, lengthly spells) from this direction, you'll realise the only reason why Nanoha, and now, Teana, can SLB their way out of anything is simply because the series has not dared to throw anything at them while they prepare the spell. In a more realistic scenario, this is imho something that's only used when the protagonists have the absolute upperhand, or when they are really desperate. In other words, far from being the "handy solution to all problems".

On the transformations, just stick to what's available and don't add any more. Learn their strengths and weaknesses and think of refreshing ways on how to use them, for and against. Fate's Sonic Form is famous for being fast but fragile (and very skimpy), so why not work out a way to use both the enhanced speed and the lack of protection against her?

I will strongly advise against taking out Unison. Or, at least, make it available only to Hayate and nobody else (unless the other person has his/her own Unison Program); the fact that Rein II could unison with everyone else other than Hayate is one of the things that irritates me in StrikerS (it's like... casual sex =.=). The most obvious reason is that this will also eliminate Reinforce, who is also the very reason why Hayate is here. In effect, removing Unison will also remove the entire Yagami family, unless you're going to write an AU as well as a new background for them from scratch.

That's all I can offer now (it's past 2 am and my brains are screaming at me for not sleeping 2 hours ago ). To sum my points up, power down the characters, or rather, look at them with an unbiased eye and see if it's really you yourself that's overestimating their capabilities (if you are, kindly deflat the bloated image of the ladies in your mind and re-assess them again from a more realistic PoV). Try not to remove anything though, unless absolutely necessary. If it's not broken, don't fix it. And if it is, try glueing the parts back before throwing them into the rubbish bin.

Signature by liro
Estavali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-06, 20:48   Link #9069
Gaunt88

Alright, I finally got around to writing up some character profiles for my current fic. I hope no-one minds me dumping a half-dozen OCs at once

I have precisely zero artistic skills, so I'm stuck with vague text descriptions ><

The Tornado Group

My protagonists. Officially labeled "TSAB Multi-Departmental Taskforce Nine." That doesn't really roll of the tongue, so most poeple refer to them by their callsign/code-name "Tornado." They're not a permanent group, just two units from the Navy and Army cooperating to deal with a particular threat.

Spoiler for Mariel LaMonde:

Spoiler for Alistair Farland:

Spoiler for Alexis Danze:

Spoiler for Guin Gaile:

Spoiler for Lancie Makoll:

There are still a few Tornado members whose profiles I havent written yet:
-Brianna Weyland, Mariel's tech officer and Tornado mission control
-Captain Malcolm Brodie, Guin and Lancie's CO
-Commodor David Hark, Mariel's immediate superior in the NID
-Michail, a church cavalry knight who joins the group later in the story

And then there's the antagonists, whose profiles I'm not going to put yet, up as I want to keep them a little mysterious. I've also left a few details out of the hero's bios for the same reason.

So yeah, this is going to be an OC-heavy story . Nanoha and co will only be making a few cameo appearances. This is my first MGLN fic, so I'd appreciate any feedback on these guys.

Last edited by Gaunt88; 2010-08-07 at 03:10.
Gaunt88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-08, 01:21   Link #9070
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estavali View Post
Personally I would suggest that, instead of removing abilities and elements of the series, it would be better to lower the perceived power levels and apply strict and realistic restrictions based on real-life conditions to everything and everyone. And everyone will of course include your villains, who would have to play by the rules as well unless you can give them a sound reason to cheat in the game.
I'm seeking to get as canon as possible but giving the story a more balanced logic that the current mangas and previous seasons (StrikerS mostly). I had tough about this matter. It is totally necessary to lower the powers of the staff to make it less "predictable" conciderating Nanoha blasted legions and legions of robots in StrikerS without blinking, she's the first one who needs a power-down make-up. I'm working with her a lot, not only on her powers but also on her costume (it really surprise me that none has noticed how problematic would be Nanoha's outfit in a real battlefield) I'm not only reworking her abilities but also her outfit (a new barrier jacket more versatile and proper for the story coming up!)

My villains will be power down as well (with the only exception of the greater mages whose information was quoted in my deviantart blog which link was added in my previous post), to start with my villans can't fly, cast shields or release super-modes either. In fact, the two main antagonists of the story's firts part ROBO_GATSURALLY and Abigorn (previously named Lolikon) don't have any magic powers at all but other abilities.

Quote:
For example, flight. You don't need to clip everyone's wings. Instead, make them fly slower, at a speed that is humanly possible or as fast as most birds could go. For more inexperienced flyers, you could also add conditions like disorientation, dizziness, anything that fighter pilots may experience on their first flights, as they fly. And at the same time, make it so that flying, like all human activities, requires a sustained effort. This means that no longer can your characters fly effortlessly over long distances non-stop, that they will tire as they fly, and that they will need aerial transport to fetch them from camp to the frontline like everyone else. Removing flight also removes aerial combat, which is one of the main features in the Nanoha series and more options for you to use when working on battle scenes.
I tough about that, but in this story Mild Chan will be suddenly in the middle of a war, flying characters are turning very problematic for several parts of the story. Example: in a point of the story Nanoha would have to cross a cursed river that kills any mortal one who touches it, the idea is to make Nanoha finding other means to cross it, not just flying to pass it, see what I mean?

I'm totally sure that in order to make this story go where I want it to go, the flying abilities must be removed.

Quote:
Secondly, look at everything: spell, equipment, character natures, and think, "Is this really as uber as they say it is?" One good example is the SLB. Sure, we've been repeatably beaten over the head about how it's supposed to be the answer to all problems, but is that really so? First of all, it's a collection type spell, you'll need to gather enough power before firing. For MMO players, this rings a bell: long cast time, which also translates to a wide opening. Even with the Cartridge System, Nanoha still had to waste a fair amount of time before she could blast a hole through the Cradle. A lot of things can be done with this delay. Some of our friends here in OCT once remarked that they have found it ridiculous that you can have this large, pink target right in the open and nobody ever thinks about firing a disruptor into it and blow it up in Nanoha's face. Coupled with the apparent fact that anyone using a collection type spell has to stay put until everything's done, what's there to guarantee your SLBer won't be surrounded and shot down by hostile forces while she's still charging up for the launch? Friendly cover? Not only will this force you to deploy unnecessary manpower to protect your moving cannon (thus weakening other sectors which may need them more urgently), this might also force them to go on the defensive if things look bad (and your SLBer too stubborn to disengage despite being overwhelmed). Give up, fly off and try again? This only repeats the whole process, resulting in even more time wasted. If one looks at the SLB (and other flashy, lengthly spells) from this direction, you'll realise the only reason why Nanoha, and now, Teana, can SLB their way out of anything is simply because the series has not dared to throw anything at them while they prepare the spell. In a more realistic scenario, this is imho something that's only used when the protagonists have the absolute upperhand, or when they are really desperate. In other words, far from being the "handy solution to all problems".
Yeah, yeah, that's what I'm looking for, to put clear the consequences and weak spots of these "unstoppable attacks", weak spots that the enemy in the story has studied and is looking forward to use for its own advantage.

Quote:
On the transformations, just stick to what's available and don't add any more. Learn their strengths and weaknesses and think of refreshing ways on how to use them, for and against. Fate's Sonic Form is famous for being fast but fragile (and very skimpy), so why not work out a way to use both the enhanced speed and the lack of protection against her?

I will strongly advise against taking out Unison. Or, at least, make it available only to Hayate and nobody else (unless the other person has his/her own Unison Program); the fact that Rein II could unison with everyone else other than Hayate is one of the things that irritates me in StrikerS (it's like... casual sex =.=). The most obvious reason is that this will also eliminate Reinforce, who is also the very reason why Hayate is here. In effect, removing Unison will also remove the entire Yagami family, unless you're going to write an AU as well as a new background for them from scratch.
No this is no alter universe, story takes place 10 years after StrikerS (Vivio's 14 here).

Hayate will not have much screen time (she will appear but no so much) since the story is focused mostly on Nanoha (even OCs appear only to support Nanoha's main roll) Fate has the second story protagonism but it is linked with Nanoha's almost all the time. So there's no problem with Hayate's unision with Rein, I'm taking out Rein's unision with Vita and Signum as well Signum's unision with Agito.

Still, wehn you have a point there with sonic form & other forms, I'm working new outfits for the Nanoha cast in order to get rid of all this stuff.

Quote:
That's all I can offer now (it's past 2 am and my brains are screaming at me for not sleeping 2 hours ago ). To sum my points up, power down the characters, or rather, look at them with an unbiased eye and see if it's really you yourself that's overestimating their capabilities (if you are, kindly deflat the bloated image of the ladies in your mind and re-assess them again from a more realistic PoV). Try not to remove anything though, unless absolutely necessary. If it's not broken, don't fix it. And if it is, try glueing the parts back before throwing them into the rubbish bin.
I'm seeking foward to that kind of re-work. Thankyou, very apreciated.
Old 2010-08-08, 03:13   Link #9071
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd

Send a message via AIM to itanshi1 Send a message via MSN to itanshi1
Ah the fanficker's honor/horror, recconning cannon, hmm

i guess the trick is, how realistic do you want it to become while still retaining its fantasy majority? Essentially you are deconstructing it. I'm not even sure what examples you can look at to be of any use here, but my beer soaked brain keeps telling me star ship troopers.

Fear Anxiety Doubt is but a fad. The life of a fad depends entirely on the willingness to support it. Difficulty is a choice. Determination is a path. Your next great idea after your destination is the true goal.
itanshi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-08, 03:55   Link #9072
Chaos2Frozen
I Am Undone

Quote:

Rick old buddy, I totally understand, and Estavali has many similar ideas to myself, but here's my take on the subject.

Power-Overwhelming characters are the number one issue of course, my suggestion; Instead of downplaying the main characters, why not up the scale with everything else? In the first place, throwing numbers at your enemy is a bad idea to begin with, so having Legions of Robots doesn't a good army make. Instead, why not make them smarter? Using more quality and not quantity, boost the power level of all the soldiers on the field, of course not to the point where everyone is Triple A, but enough to actually make the heroes cautious.

And I mean EVERYONE gets a level-up, including the good guys' own troops, that way it'll make the main characters seem less important.

For example, I have something call the [Third Magister] Program currently under-development. Current Canon shows how ridiculously underwhelming standard TSAB mages are, The "Third Magister" Program was created to find alternate means to boost the ranks of capable TSAB mages. After the previous program was discontinued due to moral implications of cloning, a new program was set-up to find a suitable replacement that was cost effective and morally acceptable to some degree.

A few ideas like creating artifical Linker Cores to increase Mage numbers, or replicating Raising Heart for better Devices...

I can also understand your issues with flying, honestly it gave me abit of headache as well, but instead of removing it completely, why not just make it not a good idea to be airborne all the time? Say, heavy Anti-Air defense? Posion Gas/smoke Cloud? Far too easy to detect via radar? Bad Weather? Anything to force them to take the ground.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-08, 05:29   Link #9073
MeisterBabylon
~ Fists of Fury ~
*Author

Spoiler for Manga thread reply with heavy fanon content:

Last edited by MeisterBabylon; 2010-08-08 at 06:16.
Old 2010-08-08, 05:34   Link #9074
Nya~n
umbrella moe~♥

Do we need to continue beating that horse here as well? =/
Old 2010-08-08, 06:16   Link #9075
MeisterBabylon
~ Fists of Fury ~
*Author

Only because the content of my reply wouldn't fit in that thread. Besides, I was whispering, and now spoilered.

Old 2010-08-08, 15:15   Link #9076
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by itanshi1 View Post
Ah the fanficker's honor/horror, recconning cannon, hmm

i guess the trick is, how realistic do you want it to become while still retaining its fantasy majority? Essentially you are deconstructing it. I'm not even sure what examples you can look at to be of any use here, but my beer soaked brain keeps telling me star ship troopers.
Well, one thing I missliked from StrikerS is that it became too gundam-ish and all the magic from previous seasons was put in very low levels (the add of restrinctions, military training, super comupters, battle ships, etc...) well, since I'm going canon, I'll add all the military stuff but being a bit more realistic, speaking of militar strategies and not just throwing Nanoha & Fate to the front line to destroy the enemy forces. Because of the same, I'm also returning my old OCs from the Techno-Union Empire (someone here still remembers them?). BUT, I'm also adding much magic & mysticism, the enemies are a group of fanatics who want to resurect the old Belkan King and that's why they unleash a holy war against the mild chan & the TSAB. You'll see some mythic creatures in the story such as the Cerberus, King Minos, Charon, Medusa, Persephone, Dragons, Giants and demons as well, also much magic stuff such as cursed reavers, forbidden spells, ancient relics, etc... but all setted in this sci-fi scenario.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Rick old buddy, I totally understand, and Estavali has many similar ideas to myself, but here's my take on the subject.

Power-Overwhelming characters are the number one issue of course, my suggestion; Instead of downplaying the main characters, why not up the scale with everything else? In the first place, throwing numbers at your enemy is a bad idea to begin with, so having Legions of Robots doesn't a good army make. Instead, why not make them smarter? Using more quality and not quantity, boost the power level of all the soldiers on the field, of course not to the point where everyone is Triple A, but enough to actually make the heroes cautious.

And I mean EVERYONE gets a level-up, including the good guys' own troops, that way it'll make the main characters seem less important.

For example, I have something call the [Third Magister] Program currently under-development. Current Canon shows how ridiculously underwhelming standard TSAB mages are, The "Third Magister" Program was created to find alternate means to boost the ranks of capable TSAB mages. After the previous program was discontinued due to moral implications of cloning, a new program was set-up to find a suitable replacement that was cost effective and morally acceptable to some degree.
My first idea was to power up the villains and huge levels, but then I tough "This is not Dragon Ball", I don't want to spend pages & page showing how Nanoha unleash a super attack, then the bad guys unleashes another more powerful, then Nanoha another even more powerful.

The Nanoha set and my villains will be all balanced in low levels, they will still be powerful, they will still have super-abilities but under aseptable limits of "credibility" (Think on Street Fighter or Mortal Kombat)

I'm also showing a darker side of the TSAB, a facist, oppresive force that not much people know (not even Nanoha or Fate), I don't want to reveal anything but there's a quote from the main villan (High priest Salome) wich says: "Like always, humans are the ones who asked for this war". One of the reasons for which these fanatics want to resurect the Belkan King is because they want him to put order into this corrupt and chaotic world.

Quote:
A few ideas like creating artifical Linker Cores to increase Mage numbers, or replicating Raising Heart for better Devices...
In a way... some of the machine enemies appear being resistan to magic attacks so the TSAB counter-attacks with more "human" force.

Quote:
I can also understand your issues with flying, honestly it gave me abit of headache as well, but instead of removing it completely, why not just make it not a good idea to be airborne all the time? Say, heavy Anti-Air defense? Posion Gas/smoke Cloud? Far too easy to detect via radar? Bad Weather? Anything to force them to take the ground.
I had tested all posible explanasions for stop flying, but all of them lack point in a part of the story. I'm 99% to remove flying abilities.
Old 2010-08-11, 11:45   Link #9077
NorthernFallout
/adjustglasses
*Author

AU? Alternate timeline? Crack? Who knows... It had to be done.
Spoiler for 3 Sisters and a Dinner:

Spoiler for Character ID:

Steam: ax/apocnuke | PSN: Northern__AX | LET'S ROCK
NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-12, 00:25   Link #9078
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Dear god in heaven. We are all doomed.

The Blood Maiden has her harem.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-12, 00:28   Link #9079
MeisterBabylon
~ Fists of Fury ~
*Author

Human bodies don't cook that way!

Old 2010-08-12, 01:21   Link #9080
Chaos2Frozen
I Am Undone

Quote:
BUT, I'm also adding much magic & mysticism, the enemies are a group of fanatics who want to resurect the old Belkan King and that's why they unleash a holy war against the mild chan & the TSAB. You'll see some mythic creatures in the story such as the Cerberus, King Minos, Charon, Medusa, Persephone, Dragons, Giants and demons as well, also much magic stuff such as cursed reavers, forbidden spells, ancient relics, etc... but all setted in this sci-fi scenario.
Lol, great minds think alike, I've already called dips on demon and angel names, putting a twist on things to seem less mystical. For example, I already have 'demon' being a form of nanomachines that possesses people to use their linked cores.

As for angels... I would have to blame to aru and supernatural for implant that idea into my head...

Quote:
My first idea was to power up the villains and huge levels, but then I tough "This is not Dragon Ball", I don't want to spend pages & page showing how Nanoha unleash a super attack, then the bad guys unleashes another more powerful, then Nanoha another even more powerful.
It doesn't have to be like that, my point is that by making the redshirts just that bit more competent, it would make the main cast less overpowered.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hayaurion, kaonland, keroland, khrack, original content