AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Nanoha

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-06-16, 18:30   Link #1301
Evangelion Xgouki
NERV Personnel
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Tokyo 3, Japan
Age: 29
Send a message via AIM to Evangelion Xgouki Send a message via MSN to Evangelion Xgouki
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
"Kill!"
"Crush!"
"Destroy!"
You forgot

"Pillage!"

Evangelion Xgouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-16, 18:42   Link #1302
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Type-00
Anyway, a few pages back (uhhh...actually about 20 pages or so....), one of the members asked me to draw a full bodied sketch of Fate's Sonic EXA Form and her Plasma Form. So, here it is. This is the final design for the Plasma Form and Bardiche Delta Form. It looks quite different compared to the first version (for those of you who have seen it). XD

Full bodied sketch of Sonic EXA Form with Bardiche Haken Form:

Spoiler:


Plasma Form and Bardiche Delta Form:

Spoiler:



For Asclei, you could see Silvance's secondary form--Twin Blade Form. In here, you could also see the first form of his barrier jacket which is the Delta form. At the bottom, you could see Asclei in his barrier jacket secondary form--Levia Form. Some of you probably already know the special functions of the Levia Form.

Spoiler:



Anyway, for those of you who saw my sketch of Fate performing a CPR to Asclei...you could say that event had some impact to Fate. Asclei in the other hand doesnt remember much about it.

Spoiler:


Spoiler:
Silvance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-16, 18:55   Link #1303
Evangelion Xgouki
NERV Personnel
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Tokyo 3, Japan
Age: 29
Send a message via AIM to Evangelion Xgouki Send a message via MSN to Evangelion Xgouki
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Fate- View Post
Plasma Form and Bardiche Delta Form:

Spoiler:
Oh wow. I really like the wide-cuff design for the sleeves

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Fate- View Post
Anyway, for those of you who saw my sketch of Fate performing a CPR to Asclei...you could say that event had some impact to Fate. Asclei in the other hand doesnt remember much about it.

Spoiler:


Spoiler:
FATE-CHAN!!

OMG...so CU~~~TE

...do you take comissions?
Evangelion Xgouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-16, 19:25   Link #1304
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Doing Anzu's paperwork.
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Actually, you answered the question to how I got the idea that you were saying that everyone would hate RF6. 'Everybody who RF6 made to look bad' which is... well... basically every unit in the TSAB.
...I suppose my annoyed mood may be because I've just got up, but...

Oh, forget it, Keroko. You are hopeless. I give up trying to explain. You are consistently misinterpreting what I say on the matter. In Comar's work, RF6 took on a number of roles that were previously held by several different units: several, not the entire TSAB. Those units which have had their jobs taken away would be very unhappy. RF6 showing other units that it can do special missions better would also create friction. Comar never said that RF6 was taking on every single mission of the TSAB.

Heck if you want a more recent example, Task Force Ranger in Mogadishu, who were the subject of the book and movie Black Hawk Down. The young Ranger grunts were wowed by the Delta Force operators, much the same way RF6 wowed the TSAB grunts. Captain Steele, the Ranger commander, hated Delta Force, however.

You know what? Forget it. It's pointless for me to continue. Your attitude right now is "I've made up my mind - don't confuse me with the facts."

Quote:
Only because I hate chat programs?
No, I'm just ribbing you.

Quote:
And get trashed into physical walls, protect against physical punches and kicks from the Sentoukijin (note that these are the same attacks that have the strength to slam people through concrete) I do agree that what is meant by armor is the magical defence, but then, that has always been my point.
IMO Barrier Jackets have always been tuned to provide against blunt impact like slamming into walls and stuff. With the fall of Belka, there's not really much work done onto tuning BJs to protect against cutting and stabbing, which is why Belkan weapons are so effective - assuming you get into range, of course.

Quote:
Goose, this is exactly what I'm talking about when I talk about Miltaku crack. Yes, in real life such things have happened, but we are not working with real life here, we are working with an anime, and as such we need to prove such things happen in the anime first before we go and alter things. Right now, there is no proof whatsoever that every unit RF6 made to look bad would hate them.
We also have no proof that humans in the anime are not like other humans and are immune to things such as envy, bitterness, jealousy. In fact since everyone here treats humans in the anime as being no different from humans in the real world I do not see how humans in the anime are magically immune to the whole spectrum, good or bad, of feelings and emotions.

Also I have no fucking idea how you can take my personal experiences and call it miltaku crack.

Quote:
I know, I know. My bad.
If you're going to be complaining about miltaku crack, then look at yourself in the mirror, Keroko. There's a malaysian saying "Before you complain, look in the mirror." TK and I are the main miltaku writers and we keep our stuff readable with as little jargon as possible unless it can't be avoided. You and Kha, meanwhile, are merrily throwing around 40k crack.

I'm sorry if this hurts, but I'm seeing a double standard here.

Quote:
So, out of curiosity because this game looks mighty interesting, how are they going to make the translation work? By the looks of it, this is a Playstation game...
Basically you take the PS2 dvd, extract it to the hard drive, and apply the translation patch, which overwrites gamefiles. You then burn the extracted ISO back onto another DVD, and then play, keeping your original ISO as a master copy.

@Comar: Interesting setup for Durandal. Will talk/discuss more when I get back later tonight. Heading in early for opening duties. Garh on the promotion fast track to Main Chair - aka Shift Controller for Stores and CSC. Main Chair's like the AWACS or Forward Air Controller of Domino's.

@-Fate-:
Nice job on the drawings....

I don't really like the wide cuffs on the sleeves though. They'd get in the way when she's swinging Bardiche around.
__________________
~Speaking my mind, even when it costs me~
One must forgive one's enemies, but not before they are hanged.Heinrich Heine.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-16, 20:11   Link #1305
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: In the XV-8A Spartan "00"
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Fate- View Post
Anyway, a few pages back (uhhh...actually about 20 pages or so....), one of the members asked me to draw a full bodied sketch of Fate's Sonic EXA Form and her Plasma Form. So, here it is. This is the final design for the Plasma Form and Bardiche Delta Form. It looks quite different compared to the first version (for those of you who have seen it). XD

Full bodied sketch of Sonic EXA Form with Bardiche Haken Form:

Spoiler:


Plasma Form and Bardiche Delta Form:

Spoiler:



For Asclei, you could see Silvance's secondary form--Twin Blade Form. In here, you could also see the first form of his barrier jacket which is the Delta form. At the bottom, you could see Asclei in his barrier jacket secondary form--Levia Form. Some of you probably already know the special functions of the Levia Form.

Spoiler:



Anyway, for those of you who saw my sketch of Fate performing a CPR to Asclei...you could say that event had some impact to Fate. Asclei in the other hand doesnt remember much about it.

Spoiler:


Spoiler:
Sonic EXA never fails to make me go .

It's even replaced my mental image of Shin Sonic...

The blade design of TBF, while the hilt is completely different, resembles Tausend Kreuz in Falchion mode, but I guess this coincidence came from solving the same design problem: making a sword that could fit together.

Plasma form gave me lots of miko vibes (shape+sleeves me thinks ) and yes I have to agree the large cuffs look good, but may be rather intrusive.

Also, theories say Fate's Impulse (or any heavier armor form) was used over Sonic because of her limiters restricting her ability to maintain highly energetic jackets, which is why once the limiters were removed, at the Riot 6 epilogue Fate henshins straight to Sonic. Probably just me, but because of this theory I find Fate having heavier armor after StrikerS a bit jarring.

And at first it was vibes, now I'm getting it confirmed. It seems Fate is turning into a tsundere. And I believe the older members recall me saying that the "casting Fate as the older tsun onee-chan to Chrono" crack would be Kha's (and mine) ultimate fantasy...

Also, could you help me draw something... ^^;;;



EDIT: Once again, in case you missed it, Kha's latest profile (3rd Edition) can be found here.

4th Edition has left alpha testing and is entered into closed beta testing. Not long more...

And the 5th Edition will probably come out after World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King is released.
__________________

Last edited by Kha; 2008-06-16 at 20:34.
Kha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-16, 23:11   Link #1306
haiz123321
Obey me world!
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
I couldn't wait anymore.

OC Material post! HASSHA!

Seven Years Before MSLN Nanoha...
A Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha prequel side story...

~MGLN RecollectionS~
~A glimpse into the past...~



A collection of OC-Centered pre-series stories, only to be seen now...

Starring:

-=The Spectral Enforcers=-

Spoiler for Spectrum 1: Granveil Lacetti:


Spoiler for Spectrum 2: Victoria Fairmont:


Spoiler for Spectrum 3: Aurion Dauer:


Spoiler for Spectrum 4: Almaria Corvette:


Spoiler for Spectrum 5: Glemy Grant:


Spoiler for Spectrum 6: Prairie Auster:



I'll build their profiles along the way. I think I'll alternate working between GenerationS and this to keep up the creative juices flowing without getting stuck as much. I'll also introduce some links between the two arcs later.
You took this chance to show off?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirron View Post
2. Good. Velka just seems more magical to me. Perhaps I just like the letter V though. Wiki seems a bit small, but I can work on that. Velka magic does indeed specialize in close to midrange at best, so I'll need to think along those lines. A weapon will have to be my first goal, although what it will be, I'm not sure. Shame that the weapons I primarily like are already in use, by canon characters, no less.

As for why Velka still exists, I'd say some of my ideas on the idea, but it mainly revolves around the fact that magical combat is a bit different from our style of combat.
*Didn't read about 3 pages of backlogs*

First off, I would like to extend my welcome to you, Welcome Mirron.
Secondly, I'm not sure if you mentioned this before but would you be making an Alternate Universe or would you be following Canon?
Finally, I thought Velka/Belka was more of the melee kind of magic while Mid was like the ranged kind O_O Something like Warrior and Magicians i suppose.
For weapons i suggest swords, polearms, spears etc. all the melee weapons commonly used. Or maybe a knife might be intresting ^^
__________________

Long Live Lelouch! Waiting for Tales of the World:RM2 USA release
haiz123321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-16, 23:20   Link #1307
Mirron
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Age: 23
Send a message via AIM to Mirron Send a message via MSN to Mirron
I'll try and follow canon as best I can. As for Velka magic, I was basically right. If you're curious, the current plan is a spear weapon with ice magic, probably named Gungnir, but I'm not sure what I can do for an alternate mode or two as far as a spear goes. Although there are lots of spear-like weapons in existence, I'm not sure I want to go with something too similar to the original form, simply because making it different than the basic form in terms of abilities will be difficult if they are similar designs.
Mirron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-16, 23:35   Link #1308
Saint X
VxR Productions
*IT Support
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Philippines
Send a message via MSN to Saint X
*phases In*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirron View Post
I'd like to make a character, but I have a few questions.

1. Is there an actual RP topic, or is this more to stretch creative ideas?
First of all Welcome to the OCT

- Well there is not, as most of the people have said, but if you can pass ideas on maybe we can work with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirron View Post
2. Is there any sort of list of explanations on the magic system? I can't find an English database of Nanoha information, and Wikipedia is only so-so in terms of use. I'm watching the strikers part of the series, and should be done fairly soon. I'm primarily interesting in the Belka system, although I've also seen it typed Velka, so I may use that.
I have my own Explanations on both Mid-Type (MT) and Velka-Type (VT) systems, namely the use of Matter and Energy- those who were in the IRC when i was dicussing about my "classes" should know that division between MT and VT

And also some of us have created thier own Magic Systems, or "Magical Canons" and OCs that fill in those Canons.

I have two OC Magical Canons at the moment, the Dei-Type (DT) and Linear (LT) magic systems- though their own "Master Documents" may never be published here.

The index page is also helpful in checking out things.

as you can see btw, i use V for Velka, sounds nicer and cooler to me

And no Goose, you are not allowed to yell BELKA BELKA BELKA into/on my face!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirron View Post
3. What are the limits, in terms of rank, things like that? I read the intro but I'd like some personal perspectives on this.
Well Magical Rank is theoretically up to SSS- but just to quantify "unknown" i have used the letter "X" but not in Magical Ranking, but rather in Threat Ranking

You can ask us

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirron View Post
Oh my, such a long post to my questions. Interesting.
Normal thing though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirron View Post
1. If there is not a topic, that would explain part of the reason behind my confusion. I would recommend a topic be made, and we figure out some sort of problem. Or, perhaps just live out day to day lives. I'll need to finish Striker before I can say whether it's hard to follow for me. As for the last one, while interesting, sounds like a rather large thing for me to try and read, without having finished the series at least.
Noted, but some of us have that cabapility of doing multitasking like hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirron View Post
2. Good. Velka just seems more magical to me. Perhaps I just like the letter V though. Wiki seems a bit small, but I can work on that. Velka magic does indeed specialize in close to midrange at best, so I'll need to think along those lines. A weapon will have to be my first goal, although what it will be, I'm not sure. Shame that the weapons I primarily like are already in use, by canon characters, no less.
There are many weapons you can choose from... I've used yoyos and intending to use boomerangs too. a lot of people use other conventional weapons too but some of us have devloped/are developing entire weapon systems.

just ask us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirron View Post
As for why Velka still exists, I'd say some of my ideas on the idea, but it mainly revolves around the fact that magical combat is a bit different from our style of combat.
let's hear it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirron View Post
3. Well, that much I know. I like fighting more along the lines of Nanoha and Cardcaptors, another anime which has similar feels to it's fighting I feel. Fantastic, but it doesn't feel overpowered. What I'm looking for, I'll need to think about.
Well, well, well... you think on the same level-ish as me then... CCS and Nanoha

Well i might think of something grander...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirron View Post
Thanks for the fast response. And thanks for the other response. The nutshell post was what I had gotten, but it's always nice to have more support. I always feel I think something really different from what is going on.
As always...

One rule with me, PM ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirron View Post
I apparently need to watch here more. My usual habit of posting once in a while and watching anime might not work as well if people keep posting this fast.
WATCH FASTER GUNDAM!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirron View Post
Cardcaptors is really powerful? I only followed the second season of Sailor Moon at most, and I was too young to remember anything about it, except that I wanted special powers as well, I believe. Of course, some things in CCS are over the top. The Shield and The Sword, for one. But Nanoha is really weaker compared to CCS? I never got that feeling, unless you look at the ways the Clow can be used, I suppose, in devious ways.
Fly, Fight, Sword, Shield, Power and Dash....

Not to mention that Shot is equals to a A's level Divine Buster under true powering and the Arrow is *static*

SaintX loves this combo and laughs wildly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
And Since I ain't there, there won't be spamming of Macross crack.
MACROSS CRACK KINSHI!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
And it's done!

CODEX: DAEMONJAEGERS
DER KLERIKER KRONICLES
3rd Edition
I have reduced that file from you 44mb to a mere 2% of its former size....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirron View Post
Also, people here like the second season a lot? I have to yell at someone, who said most people disliked the second, and loved the third.
To me, StrikerS was massive Fail...

oh well to each his own

*phases out*
__________________
Saint X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-16, 23:43   Link #1309
arkhangelsk
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
And how many did we see? Even the three admirals have no qualms against Rf6, in fact Admiral Mizetto rather likes Hayate.

There are the three admirals, one of which rather likes Hayate too. The only knowing these have of Hayate and co? One escort mission. Well, that and records off course.
And they've also met a long time ago. Further, the three admirals are so high up the scale they have no conflict of interest anymore, so they aren't a great comparison.

[quote]Its more that I loathe chat programs with a fiery passion rather then being traditional. Main reasonis that I have a relatively low typing speed then most chatters, meaning that I usually can't get a word in between or otherwise have to correct myself because other people got ahead of me. -_- Its very demotivating, and quite honestly, I like the 'I'll post when I feel like posting' flow of a forum because I don't have to pay atention all the time.

Definitely agree on that last point.

Quote:
Hey, you never heard me say that Knight Armor is a weaker defence then Knight's Garb, but how you say that Barrier Jackets are weaker then Knight Armor eludes me. There are various levels of Barrier Jackets, some are more geared towards high defence (Nanoha, Subaru, Teana) some more to high speed (Fate, Erio, Caro) . These are different types of Barrier Jackets with different parameters, and since they're not called 'Knight's Garb' there is no way to say they are weaker in terms of defence. Indeed, one could theoryze that Nanoha, Subaru and Teana are wearing the Mid variant of Knight's Armor, while Fate, Erio and Caro are wearing the Mid variant of Knight's Garb. The reasoning behind this lies in the booklets:



Actually, scratch that. "heavy armor?" "high manouverabillity?" This sounds exactly like the difference between Knights Armor and Knights Garb. This practically confirms that Nanoha, Teana and Subaru are wearing Mid versions of Knights Armor, while Fate, Erio and Caro are wearing the Mid versions of Knights Garb.
Well, that's my translation so I think I can't nitpick it too cruelly

If we assume Knight's Armor really means our usual mental image of armor - you know, at least moderately hard stuff, its superior defensive properties against physical blows, all else being equal, is mandated by physics.

The quote tells us more about Mid's warped conception of "armor" than anything else.

Quote:
And get trashed into physical walls, protect against physical punches and kicks from the Sentoukijin (note that these are the same attacks that have the strength to slam people through concrete) I do agree that what is meant by armor is the magical defence, but then, that has always been my point.
I've always contended for AD with those, and you agree w/ me, since you yourself had brought up two scenes where we clearly see the shock defense limits of the BJ against Terran materials, thus confirming that the Nanoverse has not managed to completely break away from physics and physiology and allowing us to solve the rest of the cases with deduction.

Quote:
Ah, see, that's because you know the jargon. What may seem like a natural thing to say to you may go whoosh with the rest of us.

The reverse also hold true, a great deal of Kha's crack (minus the 40k stuff, which was my fault anyway) makes sense to me because I know the backgrounds of the various anime and games used.
Aah, but Milspeak is from real life, which means it is actually useful. 40k speak is good only for 40k.

Quote:
Actually, you answered the question to how I got the idea that you were saying that everyone would hate RF6. 'Everybody who RF6 made to look bad' which is... well... basically every unit in the TSAB.
I must ask. How did RF6 make anyone look bad (in canon)? Their case blew up in their faces and escalated into a world crisis!

The only man who managed to make anyone look really bad in all of StrikerS is Acous, who apparently found Scarlietti's dugout w/i a week where Fate and Nakajima could not for months...

Quote:
Goose, this is exactly what I'm talking about when I talk about Miltaku crack. Yes, in real life such things have happened, but we are not working with real life here, we are working with an anime, and as such we need to prove such things happen in the anime first before we go and alter things. Right now, there is no proof whatsoever that every unit RF6 made to look bad would hate them.
All right, so we are expected to stretch the horribly small sample size and assume it is universal to all of the TSAB, overriding the usual RL-extrapolative algorithms. Fine.

To select one consequence that matters to you, since there is no proof of tactical competence in the TSAB, we can't have any OCs with tactical competence. Say good-bye to Tesla, or rewrite her until she's as much of a dumba*s as the others.

In fact, there are already more known RF6 haters than there are confirmed tactically competent people (at best, we have people who have not yet made total fools of themselves) ... There are also more known RF6 haters than there are users of "Aspect Magic" while we are at it... Get my drift?

By the way, I won't call this one Miltaku, just realist.
arkhangelsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-17, 00:19   Link #1310
Tk3997
Loveable Jerk
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Greensboro, North Carolina
Age: 28
Send a message via ICQ to Tk3997 Send a message via AIM to Tk3997 Send a message via MSN to Tk3997
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
And how many did we see? Even the three admirals have no qualms against Rf6, in fact Admiral Mizetto rather likes Hayate.
Oh come off it they mention that Hayate had a mission with ONE OF THEM and that they got on reasonable well. That's along way from "loving" them or actively supporting them and they say NOTHING about the other two. You've still got buttkiss.

Quote:
Its more that I loathe chat programs with a fiery passion rather then being traditional. Main reason is that I have a relatively low typing speed then most chatters, meaning that I usually can't get a word in between or otherwise have to correct myself because other people got ahead of me. -_- Its very demotivating, and quite honestly, I like the 'I'll post when I feel like posting' flow of a forum because I don't have to pay attention all the time.
That's your issue frankly while the chat can get busy sometimes it's acutally fairly laid back most time and people know each other and so tend not to randomly cut each other off in mid stream.

Quote:
Hey, you never heard me say that Knight Armor is a weaker defence then Knight's Garb, but how you say that Barrier Jackets are weaker then Knight Armor eludes me.
The fact we have a canon quote saying that something that's functionally identical to a barrier jacket provides inferior protection? Oh you mean BESIDES that?

Quote:
There are various levels of Barrier Jackets, some are more geared towards high defence (Nanoha, Subaru, Teana) some more to high speed (Fate, Erio, Caro) . These are different types of Barrier Jackets with different parameters,
So an armor with "High defense" entails nearly skin tight clothing that leaves large parts of bare skin exposed while one meant for "speed" involves covering almost the entire body in a thick pretty baggy coat and adding a thick overcoat on top of that?

Quote:
and since they're not called 'Knight's Garb' there is no way to say they are weaker in terms of defence.
Oh come off it LOOK AT IT it's the same fucking thing! You even tried to sue Signums "Knight Grab" as an example back in the BJ debate!

Quote:
Indeed, one could theoryze that Nanoha, Subaru and Teana are wearing the Mid variant of Knight's Armor, while Fate, Erio and Caro are wearing the Mid variant of Knight's Garb. The reasoning behind this lies in the booklets:
OR one could instead say that since "knight garb" looks and functions exactly like a fucking BJ you've got that ass backwards and the Knights are all wearing the Belkan version of a BJ.

Quote:
Actually, scratch that. "heavy armor?" "high manouverabillity?" This sounds exactly like the difference between Knights Armor and Knights Garb. This practically confirms that Nanoha, Teana and Subaru are wearing Mid versions of Knights Armor, while Fate, Erio and Caro are wearing the Mid versions of Knights Garb.
Perhaps in your twisted little world it dose, but not to anyone with common sense. Heavy armor relative to WHAT? A Tiger tank has “Heavy Armor and High output (firepower)”… by the standards of World War II. Though I’m still busy laughing my ass off at how a tube top and short shorts are apparently “heavy armor” and better protection then a thick jacket and body covering overcoat.

Quote:
There are the three admirals, one of which rather likes Hayate too. The only knowing these have of Hayate and co? One escort mission. Well, that and records off course.
Which makes it highly questionable if they'd care that much either way I'd think that liking was more in a "Ah what a cute little girl" sort of deal then a "what a competent and able military commander I shall back her to the hilt in all her endeavors." and I'd note that you managed to come up with one vague and borderline case when challenged way to refute my point.
Quote:
*wikkies* Hey! I resent that! I rather like my laptops, consoles and handhelds thank you very much. I'm just not as lazy as you are when it comes to physical movement.
Or you're just too superstitious and silly to realize that an enclosed climate controlled cabin powered by the energy of a hundred horses is a superior mode of transport.

Quote:
Ah, see, that's because you know the jargon. What may seem like a natural thing to say to you may go whoosh with the rest of us.

The reverse also hold true, a great deal of Kha's crack (minus the 40k stuff, which was my fault anyway) makes sense to me because I know the backgrounds of the various anime and games used.
Which allot of us DON'T and so it's just as bad, even worse really since it's harder to go look up or learn about.

Quote:
Actually, you answered the question to how I got the idea that you were saying that everyone would hate RF6. 'Everybody who RF6 made to look bad' which is... well... basically every unit in the TSAB.
I'd still disagree with that RF6 managed to save themselves from total disgrace, but there overall mandate was hardly executed flawlessly as mentioned. Having your headquarters blown up, the enemy stealing an extremely important person from you, and then wrecking huge portions of your capital city isn't normally consider a rousing successes.

The public might still view them as heroes or super soldiers, but that's because most of the public is idiots where military matters are concern. People still celebrate Custer's Last Stand which is nothing but a tragedy of ego, overconfidence, and idiocy. Inside the military proper there standing is probably worse off for RF:6 people that knew and supported them will probably be able to see they where working under some artificial handicaps, but even so there performance was merely passable not stellar.

Quote:
And get trashed into physical walls, protect against physical punches and kicks from the Sentoukijin (note that these are the same attacks that have the strength to slam people through concrete) I do agree that what is meant by armor is the magical defence, but then, that has always been my point.
Except a bulletproof vest ALSO protects from punches and kicks by spreading the impact across the vest widening the surface area affected, but knives and rifle rounds still slice right through it. It’s possible a jacket does this more efficiently and so may provide superior blunt impact protection, but that said it’s still not that great. I can’t recall a single instance were simple punches doing what you claim IMO they’re always boosted by magic or something like it when they we they do anything notable and the BJ might well blunt the magical competent of these reducing the overall damage. There’s also the fact that since jackets are flexible even hits they block are going to HURT and could crack ribs or scramble your oranges if they’re too big since the jacket is merely spreading the impact not acutally stopping or resisting it.

If you’re going to be attacked with an edged weapon, bullets, or high intensity directed energy weapons though a BJ is not effective protection. This is shown over and over by mages always either dodging, intercepting, or using barriers against even the fairly low level conventional weapons used by drones and the TOTAL worthlessness of the jacket against a bladed weapon as shown by the attack on Vita (and Nanoha herself several years earlier).

Also by "magical defense" I meant protection against glowly energy bolts and such not your asinine "invisible force feild of power" crap.

Quote:
Goose, this is exactly what I'm talking about when I talk about Miltaku crack. Yes, in real life such things have happened, but we are not working with real life here, we are working with an anime, and as such we need to prove such things happen in the anime first before we go and alter things. Right now, there is no proof whatsoever that every unit RF6 made to look bad would hate them.
We're talking about an anmie about PEOPLE in all senses basiclly identical to modern humans and we have LEGIONS of examples from ever aspect of human endeavor of how humans get jealous when people show them up or muscle in on there turf. If you refuse to accept this based on the fact this is an anime so apparently normal human psychology dosen't apply you're a idiot of the highest magnitude. If we toss out human nature and psychology it's impossible to write anyway since such things are the entire basis for all character interaction in fiction.

Use brain here Keroko and think about what you're saying I'm reasonably sure you're smart enough to realize how stupid the above statement is if you actually read it over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildgoose
Basically you take the PS2 dvd, extract it to the hard drive, and apply the translation patch, which overwrites gamefiles. You then burn the extracted ISO back onto another DVD, and then play, keeping your original ISO as a master copy.
Wasn’t that simple last time I check you needed either a mod chip or software and a hardware modification, and or a somewhat risky procedure involving what amounts to a glorified plastic hook and a steady hand to override the built in copy protection and play ripped games. Unless there’s been some breakthrough in the last year or two I haven’t heard of regarding cracking PS2 disk authentication.
__________________



Tk3997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-17, 00:43   Link #1311
dkellis
illusion control
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Age: 32
Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tk3997 View Post
We're talking about an anmie about PEOPLE in all senses basiclly identical to modern humans and we have LEGIONS of examples from ever aspect of human endeavor of how humans get jealous when people show them up or muscle in on there turf. If you refuse to accept this based on the fact this is an anime so apparently normal human psychology dosen't apply you're a idiot of the highest magnitude. If we toss out human nature and psychology it's impossible to write anyway since such things are the entire basis for all character interaction in fiction.

Use brain here Keroko and think about what you're saying I'm reasonably sure you're smart enough to realize how stupid the above statement is if you actually read it over.
Just because an anime is about people doesn't mean that it's immediately parallel to real life.

The best we can do is take a look at how the people in that anime act, and then extrapolate from there. Which, in turn, depends on how idealistic/cynical you want to be.

After all, take a look at Card Captor Sakura, which is indeed an anime (set in the present day) about people, and then start listing the differences between the character interactions there and the character interactions in Real Life. If it can happen with one anime, it can happen with others, including MSLN.
__________________
Damien Kellis (LJ)(anime blog)
The Genderswap Archive Of Haruhi Suzumiya
The Seitenkan FAQ of Haruhi Suzumiya
"That was actually quite thought-provoking. Does that violate the forum rules?"
dkellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-17, 00:51   Link #1312
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: In the XV-8A Spartan "00"
Age: 28
Exclamation

To sum up the various points of argument: Chill fellas, these kind of arguments will no longer get us anywhere.
__________________
Kha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-17, 00:54   Link #1313
ghazghkull
The Dang-meister
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: British Columbia, Canada
Age: 25
Send a message via MSN to ghazghkull Send a message via Yahoo to ghazghkull
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Fate- View Post
Anyway, a few pages back (uhhh...actually about 20 pages or so....), one of the members asked me to draw a full bodied sketch of Fate's Sonic EXA Form and her Plasma Form. So, here it is. This is the final design for the Plasma Form and Bardiche Delta Form. It looks quite different compared to the first version (for those of you who have seen it). XD

Full bodied sketch of Sonic EXA Form with Bardiche Haken Form:

Spoiler:


Plasma Form and Bardiche Delta Form:

Spoiler:


Wow!! Very nice!!!!!! XD

Very well done! Although the wide cuffs, that does seem quite impractical, considering that it'll more than likely just be a hindrance to Fate's combat abilities. Despite the sex appeal the barrier jackets had, they were still designed for functionality.

At least from what I could tell based on the way the Garb/Armour/Jackets were designed anyways.
ghazghkull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-17, 00:56   Link #1314
dkellis
illusion control
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Age: 32
Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
To sum up the various points of argument: Chill fellas, these kind of arguments will no longer get us anywhere.
No, but they keep turning up every time anyway.

I don't know why. It serves little purpose other than backbiting and ad hominems, which drives up the noise ratio I've always complained about.

-

I need a better vocabulary when it comes to writing combat scenes.
__________________
Damien Kellis (LJ)(anime blog)
The Genderswap Archive Of Haruhi Suzumiya
The Seitenkan FAQ of Haruhi Suzumiya
"That was actually quite thought-provoking. Does that violate the forum rules?"
dkellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-17, 00:58   Link #1315
Sheba
Have a Yasen Problem
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Naval Base in the rectum of Pacific Ocean
Age: 34
The instant Regius has entered the picture, the writers has broadened the scope of potential human interaction beyond skittles and marshmallows. They have shown that, yes, there are people and camarillas in the TSAB who dislike the Aces, or even RF6, for whatever reason. And parallels can be drawn from not just real life but also in many works of fiction, like Legend of Galactic Heroes, X-Files or even House. If you guys thought that Regius is a dick, I think he is just a tree in the forrest; the possibility that Fate can be framed by the TSAB equivalent of Internal Affairs, that Hayate can be backstabbed by hidden factions for petty reasons, etc, is still up in the air. And should not be denied with "hey, it's just a magical girl show". If Nanoha S1 & S2 is your naive child, StrikerS is your teenager discovering the cruelty of adult world.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-17, 01:01   Link #1316
ghazghkull
The Dang-meister
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: British Columbia, Canada
Age: 25
Send a message via MSN to ghazghkull Send a message via Yahoo to ghazghkull
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
The instant Regius has entered the picture, the writers has broadened the scope of potential human interaction beyond skittles and marshmallows. They have shown that, yes, there are people and camarillas in the TSAB who dislike the Aces, or even RF6, for whatever reason. And parallels can be drawn from not just real life but also in many works of fiction, like Legend of Galactic Heroes, X-Files or even House. If you guys thought that Regius is a dick, I think he is just a tree in the forrest; the possibility that Fate can be framed by the TSAB equivalent of Internal Affairs, that Hayate can be backstabbed by hidden factions for petty reasons, etc, is still up in the air. And should not be denied with "hey, it's just a magical girl show". If Nanoha S1 & S2 is your naive child, StrikerS is your teenager discovering the cruelty of adult world.
Interesting analogy of S1/S2 and S3.
ghazghkull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-17, 01:58   Link #1317
Mirron
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Age: 23
Send a message via AIM to Mirron Send a message via MSN to Mirron
Thank you Saint for the latter answer, and I'm glad I'm not alone in the Velka department. On CCS, I did know it had lots of overpowered abilities, but I tend to not think about it. As for my character, spears are what I decided on, and I'm probably going to do an extended mode, akin to Vita's giant mode, and some other mode, although what I'm not sure. I'll need to think about it still. And I might take even longer to get to this character due to the lack of time I have online.
Mirron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-17, 02:08   Link #1318
dkellis
illusion control
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Age: 32
Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
However, I'd like to write a StrikerS story from the viewpoint that in the end, Everything Will Be All Right. Idealistic, optimistic, and, as mentioned, "skittles and marshmallows".

I believe that I have the right to do this and not be criticized for it, because I don't think that it factually contradicts canon. If it does, please let me know, with detailed cited sources.
__________________
Damien Kellis (LJ)(anime blog)
The Genderswap Archive Of Haruhi Suzumiya
The Seitenkan FAQ of Haruhi Suzumiya
"That was actually quite thought-provoking. Does that violate the forum rules?"
dkellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-17, 02:21   Link #1319
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 27
'Mokay, a bit too many people dived into my posts to quote them.

To sum up: My biggest problem with the 'higher-ups would hate RF6' is the contradiction that apears in my eyes with the treatment the Aces recieved in the past. Being elite mages, they were praised and recieved promotions because of their elite status. If everyone, including the higher ranks (who gave them those promotions) 'loved' the Aces like that, why would that suddenly turn into resentment when they join one unit?

That's what I don't understand about this in a nutshell.

*dives into backlog*
__________________
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-17, 02:33   Link #1320
ghazghkull
The Dang-meister
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: British Columbia, Canada
Age: 25
Send a message via MSN to ghazghkull Send a message via Yahoo to ghazghkull
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
'Mokay, a bit too many people dived into my posts to quote them.

To sum up: My biggest problem with the 'higher-ups would hate RF6' is the contradiction that apears in my eyes with the treatment the Aces recieved in the past. Being elite mages, they were praised and recieved promotions because of their elite status. If everyone, including the higher ranks (who gave them those promotions) 'loved' the Aces like that, why would that suddenly turn into resentment when they join one unit?

That's what I don't understand about this in a nutshell.

*dives into backlog*
The higher-ups as a whole, maybe.

But do not forget, that despite the majority of them may love the aces, there will always be people who do not think like the majority.

It's like a vote. Oh sure a lot of people has voted for one thing, but there is always that small percentage of people who do not support that one thing the majority has voted. It could be because they just don't like it, or maybe because they think it's something that shouldn't even be there in the first place, or is something that is ruining the "status quo" so to speak.

Then look at it at the level of peers.

Oh sure, they may be number one on the block, loved by many. But never, never in human nature, will those people be loved by all. We can claim it to be so, because it's the majority. But there will always be people who hate them for what they are good at. It's natural to dislike or despise a peer that's better than you. It's just human nature.

That is the issue of this argument.

Despite it being a Magical Girl anime, there is still aspects of human nature that we just cannot ignore that is integrated into the series.

We do that, and then it just becomes an ideal anime that doesn't follow the what has been established so far in anime.
ghazghkull is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
hayaurion, kaonland, keroland, khrack, original content

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:31.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.