AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Nanoha

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-06-17, 02:34   Link #1321
Saint X
VxR Productions
*IT Support
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Philippines
Send a message via MSN to Saint X
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirron View Post
Thank you Saint for the latter answer, and I'm glad I'm not alone in the Velka department. On CCS, I did know it had lots of overpowered abilities, but I tend to not think about it. As for my character, spears are what I decided on, and I'm probably going to do an extended mode, akin to Vita's giant mode, and some other mode, although what I'm not sure. I'll need to think about it still. And I might take even longer to get to this character due to the lack of time I have online.
If you need spear help, i'm also your guy... somwhat

Since i'm not on always nowadays, there's that PM function or just wait for my arrival in IRC, i'll geive you exclusive access to one of OCC/T's Private Sanctuaries...

And speaking of CCS... i'm probably one of few that can think of card combos and OC cards as well

Sword + Illusion + ?? Card = Unlimited Blade Works CCS ver.

I'm not kidding.

I'm working in the TRAP department thought atm.

*points to avatar*

*warps away*
__________________
Saint X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-17, 02:50   Link #1322
AdmiralTigerclaw
Sword Wielding Penguin
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Subspace, Texas
Age: 29
Send a message via AIM to AdmiralTigerclaw
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
'Mokay, a bit too many people dived into my posts to quote them.

To sum up: My biggest problem with the 'higher-ups would hate RF6' is the contradiction that apears in my eyes with the treatment the Aces recieved in the past. Being elite mages, they were praised and recieved promotions because of their elite status. If everyone, including the higher ranks (who gave them those promotions) 'loved' the Aces like that, why would that suddenly turn into resentment when they join one unit?

That's what I don't understand about this in a nutshell.

*dives into backlog*
I think there would be an equal number for and against the Aces.

It's politics. And politics get wonky.

It would boil down to the Haves and the Have Nots. You've got the supporters, such as the Harlowne Admiralty providing support... And then you've got high ranking officials who have the responsibilities of their positions, but lack either prestige or power that they think should come with it.

The aces have gotten their position by getting the Job Done. Which gains them adoring fans, and good standing. But then you've got the people who abuse the system, who gain their position through well played paperwork games and internal politics. People who think they desserve everything on a silver platter, and have been their longer... and that when some upstart young mages come along that can actually do their jobs right and thus get special treatment... that "It's not fair."

Regius, being non-mage from the start, is borderline of this. He got his position by being a strong politalker, but was genuinly decent at his job. However, the Admiralty generally gets more jobs done, and gets the funding, the prestige, and the special treatment.

Then suddenly along comes RF6... essentially a Ground Jurisdiction force operating on his HOME turf in Cranagan. He was genuinly suprised to discover them operating right under his nose. Where was HE when the paperwork was signed?

You can have plenty of people who love RF6 to death... but there are plenty of backstabbing politically ambitious types who find their own oppertunity for self-profit in breaking them, or lost oppertunity because they jumped in with their special privilages.

I mean, just looking at RF6 offhand, my first thought would be: The only reason that unit is there is freakin Nepotism. I mean, look at the primary supports. Admiral Lindy and Admiral Chrono Harlowne... Mother and son... Who in turn adopted Fate Testarossa... making her their daughter, in a unit they're supporting. Good friends with T. Nanoha, who are all good friends with Y. Hayate.... Who is 'related' to Signum, Vita, Shamal, and Zafira.

Fate's subordinate squad consists of two children she adopted, and Nanoha's squad consists of a person she rescued.

Let's not forget how Hayate ties in with the Harlownes indirectly through another incident.

If I were a self serving sonuva who spotted this... I could probably tear the unit apart with nothing more than a sub-par legal team, just by attacking the nepotism that is rampant. And the only reason they seem to manage to stay in good favor in a buraucracy like the TSAB is because of the results they've had, and the connections they have to the very top tier. (The Three Admirals)

There's any number of reasons some oppertunist punk in the TSAB command structure would hate RF6 and the aces. From spite, to greed, to distrust.
__________________
"Escalating a war is not how I envisioned this vacation..."
Ernest 'Admiral Tigerclaw' Hart
OWNER: Samurai Penguin Studios
"Because people dig birds with swords."
AdmiralTigerclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-17, 02:55   Link #1323
LimitedEternal
Nuclear Fusion
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Sky of stone, floor of flame.
Age: 27
Quick question regarding affinity.

I'm aware that a person is normally restricted to one affinity. For argument's sake, though, if I were to try my hand at a believable way for a person to somehow have two (and no more that two), maybe through a loophole I thought of (:3), would there be a way to make that work?

This is for a WIP of mine, and a dual-setup would greatly simplify a problem I have; I really want to make this work somehow.
__________________
In my hands, a sun, that my path may be lit.
At my back, the sky, so I may be free to soar.
In my eyes, hell, for it is my cradle and grave.
LimitedEternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-17, 03:06   Link #1324
Sheba
Have a Yasen Problem
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Naval Base in the rectum of Pacific Ocean
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkellis View Post
However, I'd like to write a StrikerS story from the viewpoint that in the end, Everything Will Be All Right. Idealistic, optimistic, and, as mentioned, "skittles and marshmallows".

I believe that I have the right to do this and not be criticized for it, because I don't think that it factually contradicts canon. If it does, please let me know, with detailed cited sources.
Yes, I don't mind idealism and optimism, hell I love my stories to end up with a note full of hopes, as long as it doesn't cast the darker aspect of human nature aside. How much of an impact an "happy end" would have if things like greed or pettiness are not even brought up? We are talking about an anime that have brought up the topic of child abuse.

tbh, the only reason I'd bring up political backstabbing in my scenarios is to have the camarillas and plotters to get the badass balls-out bitchslap of their life. It happened at my table during a AD&D2 campain, where the player playing the barbarian of the group got so pissed at the political scheming of a courter, it has cost his friends' lifes, that he humiliated the courter in public and dragged him behind his horse until all his skin has been peeled off.
And being the barbarian he is, he killed the courter's family.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-17, 03:07   Link #1325
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: In the XV-8A Spartan "00"
Age: 28
And if you think the thread is having it bad, wait till you see the logs of what's happening in the IRC at this very moment...
__________________
Kha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-17, 03:49   Link #1326
AdmiralTigerclaw
Sword Wielding Penguin
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Subspace, Texas
Age: 29
Send a message via AIM to AdmiralTigerclaw
Those arguing have been impaled upon the Tree of Pain by the unstoppable SHRIKE...

I've never seen such a silly semantics war.
__________________
"Escalating a war is not how I envisioned this vacation..."
Ernest 'Admiral Tigerclaw' Hart
OWNER: Samurai Penguin Studios
"Because people dig birds with swords."
AdmiralTigerclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-17, 04:10   Link #1327
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 26
I think I'm going to take the initiative and drop the Barrier Jacket discussion. It's clear that we will never reach a conclusion on this subject. I for one am perfectly able to accept the barriers and fields that give even a tank top high defensive capabillities (its not a matter of clothing, its a matter of energy).

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralTigerclaw View Post
Got a little more scene work done, slowely trucking through my Cafeteria scene.


Review and let me know if I'm dragging too much anywhere...


Spoiler for Engineers Eat Too:
Ah, the engineer. Classic movie. Have you seen the new Scout one yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
As for Scaglietti not epic enough, well, you cannot get more epic than...

Spoiler for The Man who Would make every mad scientists of the multiverse his bitches:
... that guy is just plain creepy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Fate- View Post
Anyway, a few pages back (uhhh...actually about 20 pages or so....), one of the members asked me to draw a full bodied sketch of Fate's Sonic EXA Form and her Plasma Form. So, here it is. This is the final design for the Plasma Form and Bardiche Delta Form. It looks quite different compared to the first version (for those of you who have seen it). XD

Spoiler:
Oh, wow. Lovely art.

Now start writing, I want to read FateXAsclei love moments. :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
You know what? Forget it. It's pointless for me to continue. Your attitude right now is "I've made up my mind - don't confuse me with the facts."
Actually, that was me saying "yeah, I made a mistake, and here is where I made the mistake."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
Also I have no fucking idea how you can take my personal experiences and call it miltaku crack.
Oh? I thought you were pointing at the SEAL team six and such. My mistake. Sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
If you're going to be complaining about miltaku crack, then look at yourself in the mirror, Keroko. There's a malaysian saying "Before you complain, look in the mirror." TK and I are the main miltaku writers and we keep our stuff readable with as little jargon as possible unless it can't be avoided. You and Kha, meanwhile, are merrily throwing around 40k crack.

I'm sorry if this hurts, but I'm seeing a double standard here.
Were, Goose. Were. Past tense. The Primarchs in my Fall of an Empire fic are nothing more then a wink, and I've been thinking how to rewrite Keroko's profile to remove the Warcraft crack (Neltharion is easy, just saying 'big black dragon called Neltharion' should do, Aspect mages may need to be dropped though. No big deal, since they didn't add anything to Keroko's profile anyway.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
Basically you take the PS2 dvd, extract it to the hard drive, and apply the translation patch, which overwrites gamefiles. You then burn the extracted ISO back onto another DVD, and then play, keeping your original ISO as a master copy.
*scribble scribble* This is one of those few times I'm happy Europe uses Region 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirron View Post
I'll try and follow canon as best I can. As for Velka magic, I was basically right. If you're curious, the current plan is a spear weapon with ice magic, probably named Gungnir, but I'm not sure what I can do for an alternate mode or two as far as a spear goes. Although there are lots of spear-like weapons in existence, I'm not sure I want to go with something too similar to the original form, simply because making it different than the basic form in terms of abilities will be difficult if they are similar designs.
*Raises hand* One of my OC's has a device called Gungnir, which has a glaive mode. Perhaps that might work for yours too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkhangelsk View Post
Well, that's my translation so I think I can't nitpick it too cruelly

If we assume Knight's Armor really means our usual mental image of armor - you know, at least moderately hard stuff, its superior defensive properties against physical blows, all else being equal, is mandated by physics.

The quote tells us more about Mid's warped conception of "armor" than anything else.
... Okay, maybe I'll respond to this one. If we follow that the Wolkies are an exception, and most knights wear Knight's Armor his would be the vaunted 'Knight's Armor':



Baring the silly looking helmet, it doesn't really look all that different from the standard TSAB Air force Jacket. And they leave the arms and legs uncovered by what little hard stuff it has too... and 3 guesses which body parts suffer the most hits in close range combat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkhangelsk View Post
Aah, but Milspeak is from real life, which means it is actually useful. 40k speak is good only for 40k.
Touche.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkhangelsk View Post
I must ask. How did RF6 make anyone look bad (in canon)? Their case blew up in their faces and escalated into a world crisis!

The only man who managed to make anyone look really bad in all of StrikerS is Acous, who apparently found Scarlietti's dugout w/i a week where Fate and Nakajima could not for months...
Well, the fact that RF6 was the only unit capable of mounting any decent defense, and those few TSAB units that could hold off the drones were trained by two captains of said unit... I'd say RF6 managed too make pretty much everyone look really bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkhangelsk View Post
All right, so we are expected to stretch the horribly small sample size and assume it is universal to all of the TSAB, overriding the usual RL-extrapolative algorithms. Fine.
Small question: But how do you guys explain the recruiting and fielding of 10 year olds with real life algorithms? No offense meant, just curious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkhangelsk View Post
To select one consequence that matters to you, since there is no proof of tactical competence in the TSAB, we can't have any OCs with tactical competence. Say good-bye to Tesla, or rewrite her until she's as much of a dumba*s as the others.
I believe I already explained why I thought that most of the decisions made in StrikerS were right ones before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkhangelsk View Post
In fact, there are already more known RF6 haters than there are confirmed tactically competent people (at best, we have people who have not yet made total fools of themselves) ... There are also more known RF6 haters than there are users of "Aspect Magic" while we are at it... Get my drift?
Funny you should mention that, concidering Aspect Magic is subject to severe reviewing anyway.

Anyway, I don't see the point of this assault. Tactical competence of the TSAB and RF6 haters are hardly related, however RF6 haters and RF6 supporters are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkellis View Post
However, I'd like to write a StrikerS story from the viewpoint that in the end, Everything Will Be All Right. Idealistic, optimistic, and, as mentioned, "skittles and marshmallows".

I believe that I have the right to do this and not be criticized for it, because I don't think that it factually contradicts canon. If it does, please let me know, with detailed cited sources.
Fire away. You already know my opinion of the subject anyway, bring on the Idealism.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralTigerclaw View Post
I think there would be an equal number for and against the Aces.

It's politics. And politics get wonky.

It would boil down to the Haves and the Have Nots. You've got the supporters, such as the Harlowne Admiralty providing support... And then you've got high ranking officials who have the responsibilities of their positions, but lack either prestige or power that they think should come with it.

The aces have gotten their position by getting the Job Done. Which gains them adoring fans, and good standing. But then you've got the people who abuse the system, who gain their position through well played paperwork games and internal politics. People who think they desserve everything on a silver platter, and have been their longer... and that when some upstart young mages come along that can actually do their jobs right and thus get special treatment... that "It's not fair."

Regius, being non-mage from the start, is borderline of this. He got his position by being a strong politalker, but was genuinly decent at his job. However, the Admiralty generally gets more jobs done, and gets the funding, the prestige, and the special treatment.

Then suddenly along comes RF6... essentially a Ground Jurisdiction force operating on his HOME turf in Cranagan. He was genuinly suprised to discover them operating right under his nose. Where was HE when the paperwork was signed?
Well, I certainly understand Regius point of view, but not the others. Why would 'a lot of people' hate RF6 if quite a few of them have supported its members enough to promote them to where they are now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralTigerclaw View Post
I mean, just looking at RF6 offhand, my first thought would be: The only reason that unit is there is freakin Nepotism. I mean, look at the primary supports. Admiral Lindy and Admiral Chrono Harlowne... Mother and son... Who in turn adopted Fate Testarossa... making her their daughter, in a unit they're supporting. Good friends with T. Nanoha, who are all good friends with Y. Hayate.... Who is 'related' to Signum, Vita, Shamal, and Zafira.

Fate's subordinate squad consists of two children she adopted, and Nanoha's squad consists of a person she rescued.

Let's not forget how Hayate ties in with the Harlownes indirectly through another incident.

If I were a self serving sonuva who spotted this... I could probably tear the unit apart with nothing more than a sub-par legal team, just by attacking the nepotism that is rampant. And the only reason they seem to manage to stay in good favor in a buraucracy like the TSAB is because of the results they've had, and the connections they have to the very top tier. (The Three Admirals)
In this case one has to wonder how RF6 came of the ground at all, much less survived Regius' inspection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LimitedEternal View Post
Quick question regarding affinity.

I'm aware that a person is normally restricted to one affinity. For argument's sake, though, if I were to try my hand at a believable way for a person to somehow have two (and no more that two), maybe through a loophole I thought of (:3), would there be a way to make that work?

This is for a WIP of mine, and a dual-setup would greatly simplify a problem I have; I really want to make this work somehow.
Hmm, you'd have to come up with a really good and believable way of doing so, but we could always take a look at it. No reason to shoot down an idea before it is shown, after all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralTigerclaw View Post
Those arguing have been impaled upon the Tree of Pain by the unstoppable SHRIKE...

I've never seen such a silly semantics war.
... dare I ask?
__________________

Last edited by Keroko; 2008-06-17 at 12:03.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-17, 04:14   Link #1328
Sheba
Have a Yasen Problem
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Naval Base in the rectum of Pacific Ocean
Age: 34
It's the BJ debacle all over again. They were discussing about fields, shields, it lost me so I was like "fck it" and went to cook.

And browse the Dungeons and Dragons boards.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-17, 04:21   Link #1329
FlameSparkZ
Ambiguous Pokerface
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Fighting demons and the like
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tk3997 View Post
We have the DVD Booklet flat out state that what the knights wear isn't armor, but is lighter and makes them more mobile. Now given that what wear see the Knight wearing is basiclly a BJ do the math. Actual armor clearly exists in Nanoha though it's fallen into disuse due to a lack of threats that warrant it.

To quote the passage:

"Ancient Belkan practitioners generally equip defensive attire known as “Knight Armor”, but the Guardian Knights wear “Knight’s Garb”, designed by Hayate. (Concerning this, details can be found in the “Book of Darkness Incident” data files) Similarly, the Unison Device Reinforce II dons Knight’s Garb when advancing to the front lines. As fitting the support-type Reinforce II, although it does not provide top-class protection, Knight’s Garb allows for more agile maneuvering."

That's a fucking Slam dunk as far as I'm concerned BJ are not the upper tier of defense and there main downsides are probably there vulnerability to physical weapons.
Quite right, as seen in the attack to Hotel Augusta, when Rein tried to peek on the enemy, a bug grazed her and that was enough to cut though her BJ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Hey, you never heard me say that Knight Armor is a weaker defence then Knight's Garb, but how you say that Barrier Jackets are weaker then Knight Armor eludes me. There are various levels of Barrier Jackets, some are more geared towards high defence (Nanoha, Subaru, Teana) some more to high speed (Fate, Erio, Caro) . These are different types of Barrier Jackets with different parameters, and since they're not called 'Knight's Garb' there is no way to say they are weaker in terms of defence. Indeed, one could theoryze that Nanoha, Subaru and Teana are wearing the Mid variant of Knight's Armor, while Fate, Erio and Caro are wearing the Mid variant of Knight's Garb. The reasoning behind this lies in the booklets:



Actually, scratch that. "heavy armor?" "high manouverabillity?" This sounds exactly like the difference between Knights Armor and Knights Garb. This practically confirms that Nanoha, Teana and Subaru are wearing Mid versions of Knights Armor, while Fate, Erio and Caro are wearing the Mid versions of Knights Garb.
Actually, we don't even know what a Knight's Armor looks like in MSLN we've never seen one...For all we know, a Knight's Armor may have an insane defense ratio, but reduces one's speed and maneuverability.

IMO, Subaru's BJ seems to provide as much defense as Signum's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint X View Post
Fly, Fight, Sword, Shield, Power and Dash....

Not to mention that Shot is equals to a A's level Divine Buster under true powering and the Arrow is *static*

SaintX loves this combo and laughs wildly
"The Shot" as powerful as a Divine Buster in A's? Are you sure?
Sure, it's a dangerous card, but it doesn't look that powerful, it's just fast...and gradually becomes even faster if not stopped...but powerful...don't think so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
I think I'm going to take the initiative and drop the Barrier Jacket discussion. It's clear that we will never reach a conclusion on this subject. I for one am perfectly able to accept the barriers and fields that give even a tank top high defensive capabillities (its not a matter of clothing, its a matter of energy).
Indeed, let's not turn this discussion into something ugly

*warps away*
__________________
FlameSparkZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-17, 04:22   Link #1330
Kagerou
"Begin, the operation!"
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Age: 26
Send a message via MSN to Kagerou
Aww, and I missed epic argument? Damn.

Well whatever, here's my standard reply to all Barrier Jacket arguments:
Barrier Jackets and Knight Armor work at the strength of plot. That is all.
__________________
Kagerou - Generic Universal Rage Producing System
Kagerou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-17, 04:40   Link #1331
AdmiralTigerclaw
Sword Wielding Penguin
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Subspace, Texas
Age: 29
Send a message via AIM to AdmiralTigerclaw
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post


Ah, the engineer. Classic movie. Have you seen the new Scout one yet?


Yeah... like an angry new yorker that scout...

Quote:

Well, I certainly understand Regius point of view, but not the others. Why would 'a lot of people' hate RF6 if quite a few of them have supported its members enough to promote them to where they are now?

That's not how a Chain of Command works. Your superiors immediately above you in your chain of command, and their superiors are the ones who generally control how quickly you will rank up. Good standings with other units and such certainly help. But in the end, it's the unit commander in charge that makes the call.
As an air force agressor, Nanoha could piss off entire ground force battalions and they don't have jack as far as having any say in what the air force general in charge of her does. They can complain, but if the Air Force General likes her, sees she DOES get the job done, and such... he can ignore them.


Quote:
In this case one has to wonder how RF6 came of the ground at all, much less survived Regius' inspection.
Hayate DID have to exhaust every favor she had, and had to catch the eye of one of the Three Admirals just to get a Temporary grant for RF6's existence. And as far as I recal, Regius' inspection didn't have time to do anything, because everything began barrelling for the grand finale around the time it was scheduled to go down.

I think 7arcs just didn't realize what a legal mess that level of Nepotism would have in a highly buraucratic system. I mean, the first thing that screamed it was Lindy waving Chrono off with a hankie. Okay... so mom commands a Warship... and her top ass-kicker onboard is her own son. O_o Okay. Anyone who understands the psychology of command knows that family members reprisent a massive liability to rational thinking in high risk scenarios... And a mother is right there sending her son into a risky situation like it's another day at the park.

Quote:
... dare I ask?
It's been... dealt with. *Hides a spike*
__________________
"Escalating a war is not how I envisioned this vacation..."
Ernest 'Admiral Tigerclaw' Hart
OWNER: Samurai Penguin Studios
"Because people dig birds with swords."
AdmiralTigerclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-17, 04:54   Link #1332
Sheba
Have a Yasen Problem
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Naval Base in the rectum of Pacific Ocean
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post



... that guy is just plain creepy.




:
But awesome

Spoiler:


I highly recommend this manga, just to check how the combat choregraphy can be awesome. Not in a "CHARGIN MAH LAZAH" way.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-17, 05:12   Link #1333
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameSparkZ View Post
Actually, we don't even know what a Knight's Armor looks like in MSLN we've never seen one...For all we know, a Knight's Armor may have an insane defense ratio, but reduces one's speed and maneuverability.
Well, we did see those Knight grunts in episode 26.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameSparkZ View Post
IMO, Subaru's BJ seems to provide as much defense as Signum's.
Dunno, concidering it is stated that the Wolkies' Jackets are made for movement and Subaru's Jacket made for defense, I'd think Subaru's could tank more.

Of course, Signum's rank may also be a factor. Signum is an S-rank mage, so she'd be able to put lot more magic to her Barrier Jacket, which would increase its defense higher then Subaru's, simply because she has more energy to spare.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralTigerclaw View Post
Yeah... like an angry new yorker that scout...
I like him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralTigerclaw View Post
That's not how a Chain of Command works. Your superiors immediately above you in your chain of command, and their superiors are the ones who generally control how quickly you will rank up. Good standings with other units and such certainly help. But in the end, it's the unit commander in charge that makes the call.
As an air force agressor, Nanoha could piss off entire ground force battalions and they don't have jack as far as having any say in what the air force general in charge of her does. They can complain, but if the Air Force General likes her, sees she DOES get the job done, and such... he can ignore them.
What I meant was that I can understand why Regius doesn't like them, but concidering how fast they were promoted, elite mages would have support of more then half of whatever branch they work at (do correct me if I'm wrong and promotions don't work like this)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralTigerclaw View Post
Hayate DID have to exhaust every favor she had, and had to catch the eye of one of the Three Admirals just to get a Temporary grant for RF6's existence. And as far as I recal, Regius' inspection didn't have time to do anything, because everything began barrelling for the grand finale around the time it was scheduled to go down.
Hmm, well, in episode 14 Hayate says that the inspection was over, and they managed to avoid an immediate hearing (is that a good thing?) In any case, this was before everything went to hell, and they couldn't manage to find anything to get them an immediate hearing, even with all the relations between members of the unit, and the number of high-ranked mages lying out in the open.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralTigerclaw View Post
I think 7arcs just didn't realize what a legal mess that level of Nepotism would have in a highly buraucratic system. I mean, the first thing that screamed it was Lindy waving Chrono off with a hankie. Okay... so mom commands a Warship... and her top ass-kicker onboard is her own son. O_o Okay. Anyone who understands the psychology of command knows that family members reprisent a massive liability to rational thinking in high risk scenarios... And a mother is right there sending her son into a risky situation like it's another day at the park.
So you may understand my hesitation when people say 'because that's how a normal militairy does things' or talk about how its human nature. I can't recall any present day militaries that actively recruit and field nine-year olds either.

Well... maybe some terrorist ones, or those in shady countries, but lets not go there.

In my opinion 7Arcs quite frankly didn't care about that sort of stuff, so they didn't bother to put it in. And if almost all their fans can swallow it without choking, why complicate things? Sure, a few people who know military and psychology may be bothered by it (and even then only if they take the effort to be bothered by it) but you can't please everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralTigerclaw View Post
It's been... dealt with. *Hides a spike*
... O-kay...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
But awesome

Spoiler:


I highly recommend this manga, just to check how the combat choregraphy can be awesome. Not in a "CHARGIN MAH LAZAH" way.
... Nope still creepy. Reeaaaly creepy.
__________________

Last edited by Keroko; 2008-06-17 at 05:33.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-17, 05:17   Link #1334
Sheba
Have a Yasen Problem
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Naval Base in the rectum of Pacific Ocean
Age: 34


Can't get creepier, alright =D
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-17, 05:22   Link #1335
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 26
.... I think I'm going to stay away from that manga. As in really far away. >_>
__________________
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-17, 05:58   Link #1336
Sheba
Have a Yasen Problem
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Naval Base in the rectum of Pacific Ocean
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
.... I think I'm going to stay away from that manga. As in really far away. >_>
Your loss, you are missing out awesome melee fighting, one of the better ones in recent years

Spoiler:
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-17, 06:02   Link #1337
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 26
Good point, on second thought, I'm going to try this manga... the choices of weaponry seem more original then you usually see (no katanas makes this manga instantly more interesting).
__________________
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-17, 06:09   Link #1338
Sheba
Have a Yasen Problem
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Naval Base in the rectum of Pacific Ocean
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Good point, on second thought, I'm going to try this manga... the choices of weaponry seem more original then you usually see (no katanas makes this manga instantly more apreciated).
You won't regret your decision, and I hope it will give you inspiration for weaponry or combat situations, as well as moral dilemnas. ;3
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-17, 07:09   Link #1339
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Type-00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelion Xgouki View Post
Oh wow. I really like the wide-cuff design for the sleeves



FATE-CHAN!!

OMG...so CU~~~TE

...do you take comissions?
It depends. It will probably be better if you elaborate more on this matter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
Sonic EXA never fails to make me go .

It's even replaced my mental image of Shin Sonic...



And at first it was vibes, now I'm getting it confirmed. It seems Fate is turning into a tsundere. And I believe the older members recall me saying that the "casting Fate as the older tsun onee-chan to Chrono" crack would be Kha's (and mine) ultimate fantasy...

Also, could you help me draw something... ^^;;;



EDIT: Once again, in case you missed it, Kha's latest profile (3rd Edition) can be found here.

4th Edition has left alpha testing and is entered into closed beta testing. Not long more...

And the 5th Edition will probably come out after World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King is released.

Yeah, I'm glad the Sonic EXA Form is good enough to please some of you. The reason why her barrier jacket has been changed will be explained in the chapters (which I'm gonna start writing soon again).

Fate turning into a tsundere? umm...not really. The reason why she had that face is because she was trying to forget about the dream. She came close but seeing Asclei's face brought it up again which caused her to feel flustered causing her to avoid Asclei and trying her best again to forget about it


What do you want me to draw? I could try but there are somethings that I can't simply sketch unless I'm inspired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghazghkull View Post


Wow!! Very nice!!!!!! XD

Very well done! Although the wide cuffs, that does seem quite impractical, considering that it'll more than likely just be a hindrance to Fate's combat abilities. Despite the sex appeal the barrier jackets had, they were still designed for functionality.

At least from what I could tell based on the way the Garb/Armour/Jackets were designed anyways.
Er...lets just leave it as decorations ok . Its just part of the design...thats all . I mean...I dont see anyone complaining about Nanoha's first barrier jacket which was based on her uniform since it was the design that came up in her head in the first ep (If I remember correctly) >_<. jk


Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post


Oh, wow. Lovely art.

Now start writing, I want to read FateXAsclei love moments. :3


Yeah. I should start writing the ch 2 soon XD (although I'm quite itching to sketch a 21 year old, long haird Hayate). The FatexAsclei love moments will not appear till later though.
Silvance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-17, 07:33   Link #1340
JINNSK
今更ですが箱のWoTやってます
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Actually, Vita is an air-combat instructor at the TSAB (that, and I don't recall her ever being asked to train Belkan mages at the church). However, we still need to work out why Vita would train your character in the Ancient Belka style specifically, as she would be teaching people how to use Neo Belka on her post.

Speaking of which, what is the difference between Ancient and Neo Belkan anyway? Is it just fighting style? If so, I don't see any problem people learning Ancient Belka from training under Vita.
This article may help.


Quote:
都築解説
古代ベルカ式と近代ベルカ式の違いについて
古代ベルカ式は現在はほぼ失われた技術で、伝承による使い手しか残っていません。近代ベルカ式はミッド式を ベースに、古代ベルカ式をエミュレートする形で発祥した術式です。魔力の遠隔運用や長距離発射が不得手で身 体能力が優秀な場合、戦闘技能として近代ベルカ式を選択する者が多いようです。
JINNSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
hayaurion, kaonland, keroland, khrack, original content

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:42.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.