AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Old 2008-05-22, 23:04   Link #81
BlackShinobi07

Quote:
Originally Posted by james3wk View Post
^Lol, I loved Sasuke collar on his new shirt. Very Hip 1980s style that Kishimoto is showing off for Sasuke .
I wish he would show some love for Naruto as well. I don't want to hate that kid but its really hard not to. I hope we switch gears next chapter.
BlackShinobi07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-22, 23:08   Link #82
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackShinobi07 View Post
I wish he would show some love for Naruto as well. I don't want to hate that kid but its really hard not to. I hope we switch gears next chapter.
Naruto could never pull of a high collar, but he might be able to pull off a Muscle T or something similiarly tight and form fitting. Bagginess works on Sasuke, but Naruto needs to show off some of his "buff" muscles a little more.

Okay, that was completely off-topic and a little wierd. Never mind...
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-22, 23:13   Link #83
HiroInazuma
Boss of Ecchi Yazuka

Sasuke looks like one of Aizen's henchmen, also it looks like Sasuke may return to Konoha looking like a hero who killed the criminal Itachi but may be actually planning to kill Danzou and the elders as revenge for his clan.
HiroInazuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-23, 00:31   Link #84
Salt
the cynic

Quote:
but it would be impossible to keep a working order of the various secrets that the village has if a record of events is not kept.

Right now, Sarutobi already looks partially incompetent since Tsunade has not once mentioned that Itachi was potentially working for Konoha (here is hoping that she will mention this to Naruto or at least Kakashi/Sasuke in the next few chapters to at least verify some of what Madara has said.) But, even if Sarutobi did not write down the events surrounding the Uchiha Massacre (for whatever reason),
Have such information get out could destablize the village, best it not be written down, that only the elders and the Hokage know about it. And maybe it was meant to be forgotten.

Quote:
he would have mentioned and prepared for the existance of Madara if he had known. There is no way he would not have prepared for Madara's onsluaght considering the fact that he challenged Konoha upon its foundation. Sarutobi already looks a little stupid if he did not include the "truth" of the Uchiha massacre in some type of scroll for a future Hokage, but if he knew about Madara's involvement, and never attempted to warn others or construct a plan against Madara, then he would be, quite honestly, the worst Hokage in history. In fact, he would have done more to try and destroy Konoha than Orochimaru or even Madara every did.
He probably didn't know, Itachi probably never said anything. Could be the price for getting Madara to stay out of the whole mess, limiting his involvement to just assisting with the killing.

And you are assuming Madara will destroy Konoha, yet all these 100+ years he did next to nothing but sit around in the shadows. The truth is we have no idea what his goals are. It maybe not even involve Konoha, or at least that's what Itachi thinks.

Well, we will get to find out what Sasuke will do in the next chap.
Maybe he will return to Konoha, maybe he will just wonder around like Madara.
I'm quite curious about his current combat abilities. Itachi implanted the "Amaterasu" (not MS) in Sasuke's eye as a trap. One shot ability?
And killing Itachi was to awaken the MS. If so it would appear killing your best friend isn't required, any person who is close to you will do - your best friend being a good candidate.
He has MS now, or it didn't work.
Old 2008-05-23, 00:44   Link #85
tarachi
Observer

Every time I see Madara, the more I wish he kept the long hair style. I wonder if Sasuke can pull an Itachi on Madara.
tarachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-23, 00:48   Link #86
Alleluia_Cone
Prospective Cog

I have to say, the whole, "If Itachi had really been serious, we would not be having this conversation right now," is the greatest put down in Naruto history. Basically, Madara is like, "yeah, you spent years training, did everything in your power to become more powerful than your brother, yet you were still not in his class."
Alleluia_Cone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-23, 02:07   Link #87
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alleluia_Cone View Post
I have to say, the whole, "If Itachi had really been serious, we would not be having this conversation right now," is the greatest put down in Naruto history. Basically, Madara is like, "yeah, you spent years training, did everything in your power to become more powerful than your brother, yet you were still not in his class."
Oh come on I think even you knew, atleast felt it that the fight was too early. There was the feeling that without the MS Sasuke would have no chance. That said Itachi was the talent from the start even more so then Sasuke and he grew in countless life or death battles. It was a david vs Goliath match, but we knew Sasuke couldn't die(of the main chars). That was the only edge he had.

That said so Itachi had a disease? Was it mentioned before? I know it was hinted before, but did I miss something? Since Madara said it in away like Sasuke already knew. Though that could be because of the translation.
2H-Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-23, 02:08   Link #88
Lunarskylar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alleluia_Cone View Post
lol oh itachi fanpeople are rejoicing
alrite kishi has redeemed himself (temporarily)
the shippuuden anime is being decent, the manga is actually interesting
the world of Naruto is coming back to life

now what will sasuke do next? will he return tot he village? he can now
i maean that would be a true slap to naruto

Sasuke: hey mofo, after all your attempts to save me, i came back on my own. Cuz you suck, i hate seeing you suffering like this

or what if he's new love for itachi makes naruto insignificant to me now? i mean, no one can compare to itachi's love
HA naruto doesn't even have the friendship bond of love with sasuke anymore
meaning naruto will go emo, and since the story loves emo kids, the focus will go back to naruto
:O its perfect, kishi's a genius!!
Old 2008-05-23, 02:13   Link #89
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunarskylar View Post
or what if he's new love for itachi makes naruto insignificant to me now? i mean, no one can compare to itachi's love
HA naruto doesn't even have the friendship bond of love with sasuke anymore
meaning naruto will go emo, and since the story loves emo kids, the focus will go back to naruto
:O its perfect, kishi's a genius!!
Still Naruto feels more of a side-character most of the time. It's kinda Like Vaan of FF12 he does have something to do with it, but nothing as deep as all the other characters(well vaan is an extreme case since after the begining he has no significance at all >_> ). While the feeling of Vengance and Uchiha bloodline runs deep trough the history of Konoha. Naruto seems more like someone who was just there. The 4th was just there to stop the 9tails. Rather then Naruto being important it's what's in him. If Sasuke was a girl or Naruto was girl, we'd be talking about distanced lovers and shit. The friendship thing just doesn't cut it. >_>
Old 2008-05-23, 03:00   Link #90
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Somehow I don't really understand what Madara hopes to achieve by telling Sasuke the truth.
He said he hated the Uchiha and the Village... the Uchiha got already destroyed, but he made a deal with Itachi to spare the village... now Itachi is dead, so he should be able to get his revenge.
But why tell Sasuke the truth? The only thing he seems to gain from it should be, that Sasuke won't chase him down, but this would only be worth something, if he really feared to loose to Sasuke.
And even if he is lieing, it doesn't seem to make sense.
I don't know evil bad guys are normally motivated by the "because it's interesting." You have to admit it is interesting.
Old 2008-05-23, 03:09   Link #91
Vanitas
Disabled By Request

needs more Pein imo. Hopefully 401 will wrap up the gratuituous Uchiha splendor that we have all been exposed to for past several dozen chapters, and will get on with either the development of Sakura or Kakashi.
Vanitas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-23, 04:22   Link #92
Kakashi
カカシ

Send a message via MSN to Kakashi
Itachi, what a legend. That's all I have to say for him.

And that's another great chapter. It answered every question concerning Itachi. All that's left to see is what path Sasuke will take from hearing this. Well we know he's ditched the bare chested shirt in favour of the more humble Uchiha get up.

I think Kishi will either go into the Kakashi development next chapter or maybe one more chapter to wrap up Sasuke. Either way these last chapters have been really great, lets hope it continues.
Kakashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-23, 04:57   Link #93
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiroInazuma View Post
Sasuke looks like one of Aizen's henchmen, also it looks like Sasuke may return to Konoha looking like a hero who killed the criminal Itachi but may be actually planning to kill Danzou and the elders as revenge for his clan.
Kishimoto is always making Sasuke look good and Naruto bad. So it wouldn't suprise me if Naruto suddenly appeared. Being the strongest in the village and claims he is ready for both the title Hokage and to make Sasuke return to the village.

Just to see Sasuke walk back on his own...reaching the gates...while whole Konoha throws panties, flowers and money at his feat. While making Naruto look bad and weak again..
Old 2008-05-23, 05:18   Link #94
ace_TZ
Logical Insanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2H-Dragon View Post
Still Naruto feels more of a side-character most of the time. It's kinda Like Vaan of FF12 he does have something to do with it, but nothing as deep as all the other characters(well vaan is an extreme case since after the begining he has no significance at all >_> ). While the feeling of Vengance and Uchiha bloodline runs deep trough the history of Konoha. Naruto seems more like someone who was just there. The 4th was just there to stop the 9tails. Rather then Naruto being important it's what's in him. If Sasuke was a girl or Naruto was girl, we'd be talking about distanced lovers and shit. The friendship thing just doesn't cut it. >_>
Yeah it makes little sense, maybe madara is trying to make sasuke a hokage (he plans and plans for uchiha domination since hashirama) or kishi is trying to pull another itachi's love with madara and sasuke.

2H-Dragon:=

Quote:
Still Naruto feels more of a side-character most of the time. It's kinda Like Vaan of FF12 he does have something to do with it, but nothing as deep as all the other characters(well vaan is an extreme case since after the begining he has no significance at all >_> ).
Atleast in FFXII we can level up vaan and make him learn/use any of the techniques and go solo with him. We realized vaan was almost non-existent in the main story(at the end) after 100+ hours. But compared to that here it seems naruto will swallow 15+ years(real world) all in the hope that he may become the main character one day.
Fortunately for me i began to read this manga only before a year or so. It wouldn't be a surprise for me if the frustrations faced by many naruto fan's (for him being weak, side character etc...) are many times multiplied by the years they have been waiting for his growth. I sense that his growth maybe linked to the end of the manga. They say that the "Journey is more important than the destination" here naruto has no journey only the destination ("Hokage statue at the end").
The way kishi handled naruto the likely main character and kyuubi is quiet disappointing.
ace_TZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-23, 05:37   Link #95
HiroInazuma
Boss of Ecchi Yazuka

Soo....Sasuke has MS, has no curse seal which was a power up but a curse, he might have EMS as they took Itachi's body, I wouldn't be surprised if Madara said to Sasuke off screen:

Madara: Sasuke....the establishment of Konoha is corrupted, Sasuke I cannot return to Konoha and make a new Uchiha which will have a will stronger than that of the will of fire....
Sasuke: What does that have to do with me?
Madara: (THIS IS A MAJOR IF) Sasuke, the reason your father Fugaku was leader was because he was a direct descendant of me, Madara who was born with the strongest chakra therefore you, Itachi and Fugaku had a strong chakra but yours was special like mine...
Sasuke: ?!
Madara: Fugaku was my great-grandson who took up my ideals even though Fugaku was warned by his father not to take that path but after the 9 tails incident he did....Sasuke you will be my arms and legs, you will be my eyes, you will kill Danzou and the elders so that the Uchiha will never be hunted down like dogs again, we shall erase the bloody history we shared and create a new Uchiha stronger than the last but blood shall not be shed amongst clansmen...we will find a new way to gain MS and a new way to gain EMS....therefore one day Uchiha will be proud
Sasuke: Why are you doing this?
Madara: I cannot become Hokage as my hands are soiled, but you can return to Konoha without persecution and become Hokage to watch over the events of the village and the next generation of Uchiha...
Sasuke: I will do it....but not for you but for Itachi and the clan, I will do what they could not....create peace among the Uchiha and Konohagakure...

The chances of Sasuke returning to Konoha has risen by about 10%
HiroInazuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-23, 06:09   Link #96
TwilightHack
~ Madoka = Win ~

With all the frustration from the twists and turns and the basic "lifting up" of the Uchiha, I somehow feel satisfied with the ending of this arc. It's very curious to me as to how Kishi managed to pull off considering I went off the deep end halfway through. I guess you could say it's a bit humbling after hearing about Itachi.

I'm very anxious to see what direction the manga is headed now and what effects Madara's confession had on Sasuke. Maybe we wont have to deal with emo-tard Sasuke anymore? (*crosses fingers*)

in the shadows i lurk... but nevertheless there i am...

Last edited by TwilightHack; 2008-05-23 at 07:28.
TwilightHack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-23, 07:37   Link #97
Souten no Seigyoku
The Anti-Moron

Madara is LYING.
Normally the story could be true, but Itachi and all of Akatsuki knew Kakashi used the Mangekyou. Which means the 'kill your friend' pre-requisite is bolony. The whole story is bullocks designed to get him onboard as a brand new akatsuki member

Join The Naruto Online Multiplayer Game Naruto-Arena.com

omai wa yowai....naze yowai ka? tarinai kara da nikushimiga
Souten no Seigyoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-23, 07:41   Link #98
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

^ very true...i have one thing to say..mind fck COMPLETE!!!
cloak_and_dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-23, 08:07   Link #99
Salt
the cynic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souten no Seigyoku View Post
Madara is LYING.
Normally the story could be true, but Itachi and all of Akatsuki knew Kakashi used the Mangekyou. Which means the 'kill your friend' pre-requisite is bolony. The whole story is bullocks designed to get him onboard as a brand new akatsuki member
When did Madara say you have to KO your best friend? That's what Itachi said.

In fact Madara went ahead and pointed out Itachi forcing Sasuke to kill him was to waken the MS in Sasuke.
Since technically Itachi is Sasuke brother not best friend, it appears as long as the person is close to you it would work.
Old 2008-05-23, 09:12   Link #100
Rurik
Golden

Iím 100% with figspul on this one (how rare)

Quote:
It was inconsequential for Jiraiya's mission, which was looking for the Akatsuki Leader. In the respect of Jiraiya's mission, Pein's abilities, no matter how powerful or amazing he may be (possibly even greater than Madara), for the purpose of the mission that Jiraiya was assigned, he failed to find the Akatsuki Leader, who was known, all along by Itachi, even before he left Konoha.
I think the point about Madera secret is the simply that Itachiís plan against Madara was Sasuke all along,, the Uchiha think that only another Uchiha can defeat them, Itachi believed this, so, Having only faith in Sasuke to take care of this job while in the process keeping Konoha un-informed about it. And in some point it was a wise choice, Itachi could have saved dozens of Konoha ninjas by keeping Akatsuki information hidden; look what happened to the scouting team sent by Tsunade to track down Kakuuzu and Hidan

Quote:
You seem to have completely ignored my point simply becuase I mentioned the "real world". Despite the pressence of magical powers and demons galore, Konoha functions similiarly to a military organization you will find in the real world. To think that the Hokage would not have a detailed log of events seems horrendously preposterous. Not only would there be no way for a future Hokage to understand their village (especially if the previous Hokage suddenly dies, as was the case with the Second Hokage), but it would be impossible to keep a working order of the various secrets that the village has if a record of events is not kept.
Yet, I wouldnít be surprise that anything from Itachi was kept out any log, maybe to avoid potential spies from Akatsuki working inside Konoha. Also, have in mind that by the Chunin exam Sarutobi was looking for Jiraiya, of whom he havenít seen before the Uchhiha massacre, none of the Sanin had any contact with Sandaime after the Uchiha massacre and before his death is very possible Sandaime wanted to pass the information to the next Hokage, but not in the normal means of log. Besides, Sandaime is not the only safe keeper of Itachi really intentions, maybe the council already told Tsunade about Itachi, even if she have not mentioned everything.

Quote:
Right now, Sarutobi already looks partially incompetent since Tsunade has not once mentioned that Itachi was potentially working for Konoha (here is hoping that she will mention this to Naruto or at least Kakashi/Sasuke in the next few chapters to at least verify some of what Madara has said.)
Thatís moot, Neither Danzou or the elders mentioned anything about Itachi or the Uchiha massacre, yet they also know about it.