AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Old 2008-08-29, 07:52   Link #41
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

Etrian Odyssey 2 is the onyl addiction you need. (Still slugging away in the 6th stratum)
Old 2008-08-29, 10:25   Link #42
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

But I need MOAR ADDICTIONS.

Plus Knights in the Nightmare sounds fresh and original, like The World Ends With You. Never a bad thing.

I'm slugging away in the 5th still. Darn Evildras
Old 2008-08-29, 16:56   Link #43
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

I kid, I'm pretty interested in KitN since I loved Yggdra Union.

About the Evildra's I find its easier to go through the 5th Stratum in the daytime. If you travel at night than the Evildra's will always block the routes you have to go through. But during the daytime they're active and will follow fixed routes making it easy to slip past them. Alternately if you must take them on directly make sure you have either a Hexer with arm bind, Protector with Smite or a Dark Hunter with Cuffs. If you can do an arm seal on an Evildra when you fight them they take a massive attack penalty and it lets you survive those insane party attacks it throws off.
Old 2008-08-29, 21:15   Link #44
krisslanza

You mean if you come in during the day they don't move. They move only during the night. So you have to go at night if you want to get past floor 22

I'm not using a Hexer because it makes the game too easy

but this is offtopic. fftopic:
Old 2008-08-29, 22:51   Link #45
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

Yeah I had a brainfart there, I meant night time, though to be honest if you can't beat a Evildra, then the 23f boss will absolutely demolish you because hes quite abit stronger (and uglier). Also I didn't use a Hexer, my party was Protector, Dark Hunter, Alchemist, War Magus and Gunner.

ON TOPIC:
The official site has some nice songs <_< >_>

(Hey, there hasn't been much new stuff yet ._.)
Old 2008-08-29, 23:06   Link #46
serenade_beta
マジ天使

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sety View Post
Yeah I had a brainfart there, I meant night time, though to be honest if you can't beat a Evildra, then the 23f boss will absolutely demolish you because hes quite abit stronger (and uglier). Also I didn't use a Hexer, my party was Protector, Dark Hunter, Alchemist, War Magus and Gunner.

ON TOPIC:
The official site has some nice songs <_< >_>

(Hey, there hasn't been much new stuff yet ._.)
I hate Evildras because they all end up being stronger then I think they are... On the other hand, that super-boss on the 2nd Stratum (the fire one) was surprisingly easy (heh, go Protectors)...
Though I'm already at the true final boss... But since my units (Survivalist, Gunner, Medic, Protector, Ronin) are already at level 70 and I can't beat it, I stopped playing and went to something else.
I like Hexers (appearance-wise), but they aren't all that useful by themselves.

ON TOPIC:
They do update characters once in a while (they have a lot of characters already)...
I wish they would add a new song or two though...

-Tried to start a blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-05, 00:42   Link #47
serenade_beta
マジ天使

The official website had an update. They added a new button on the front page (the one with a girl by herself on it).
Clicking it will show you the various extras of several stores
Spoiler for here they are:

*drools*
Wonderful artwork.........

AHHHH!! Why must it be some shop special?!
They better release an art collection book or something!

Come to think of it, some of the characters here aren't even added to the characters page...

PS: First two art drawn by same person, third by another, and fourth and fifth by someone else, it seems.

-Tried to start a blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2008-09-05, 10:10   Link #48
krisslanza

Wow that IS some very pretty artwork @_@
I'd want it.. D:
Darn "Sample" D:!
Old 2008-09-06, 13:48   Link #49
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
I hate Evildras because they all end up being stronger then I think they are... On the other hand, that super-boss on the 2nd Stratum (the fire one) was surprisingly easy (heh, go Protectors)...
Though I'm already at the true final boss... But since my units (Survivalist, Gunner, Medic, Protector, Ronin) are already at level 70 and I can't beat it, I stopped playing and went to something else.
Theres supposedly a pretty cheap method for beating the final boss if you have enough money. Simply buy out a crapload of Axcela II's and bring a Protector. Just keep using Protector's force skill every turn with 2 members to use Axcela II's on him each turn and it leaves you with the the other 2 able to go all out attack on it.
Old 2008-09-13, 05:40   Link #50
serenade_beta
マジ天使

UooOOHHHHHHH!!!!!HHH!!!!!

Marietta!!!! Marietta!! Everyone's favorite (naked) angel!! Welcome back!! Never expected you!

Haa, haa... Hah, currently really excited... Probably just because there is a connection between the three games shown. That, and I liked Archangel...

http://www.sting.co.jp/knights/sp/sound/index.htm

The link brings you to a preview of the soundtrack. As expected, the various tracks are very promising. Really makes me want to buy the OST...
And what's more, the video contains many screenshots. We get shots of titles, character/enemy stats, bosses, etc...
Wonderful preview material.

Oh, and about Marietta:
Spoiler for comparison in the three games:

Old 2008-09-13, 10:00   Link #51
krisslanza

Give. OST. T_T
Also I didn't see a "Seraph" in there unless I missed it. I saw a "Fallen Angel" though :P Or "Dark Angel". >.>
Old 2008-09-13, 10:23   Link #52
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

Wonder if we'll see more reoccuring characters in KitN and the soundtrack is actually buyable? Just checking it isn't like Atlus do with their games and make them pre-order bonuses only. If its Shigeki Hayashi composing again for this game I'll probably snap up the OST in an instant.
Old 2008-09-13, 10:23   Link #53
serenade_beta
マジ天使

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post
Give. OST. T_T
Also I didn't see a "Seraph" in there unless I missed it. I saw a "Fallen Angel" though :P Or "Dark Angel". >.>
After that. After the screenshot of the Dark Angel's enemy data, it goes back to that one screen that tells you the track number (Disc2 #15). The track name puts the kanji "熾天使" before "Marietta", which seems to mean "Seraph".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sety View Post
Wonder if we'll see more reoccuring characters in KitN and the soundtrack is actually buyable? Just checking it isn't like Atlus do with their games and make them pre-order bonuses only. If its Shigeki Hayashi composing again for this game I'll probably snap up the OST in an instant.
Yes, it's buyable. Available starting 9/26.

Old 2008-09-13, 11:29   Link #54
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

Well thats so pre-ordered than, the samples are amazing.
Old 2008-09-13, 23:02   Link #55
krisslanza

Aaah I can't read any of the kanji so I didn't have a clue

I do wonder what tie-ins or references this'll make to YU and Riviera...
Old 2008-09-17, 02:05   Link #56
serenade_beta
マジ天使

The official website has been completely redesigned.

New information would probably be... well, a lot. Just try all of the buttons.
-Information section (DHE Series) shows the series lined together (also shown in a previously posted pic)
-World section's second and third sub-section are new info (divisions and worlds)
-The Characters section separated the characters into the groups they belong in, and it looks a bit more fancier than before
-Unit Class has all of the classes, bigger pictures of them, some info (such as Chaos and Law), and a video
-System... IS full of new info. Like, full and full of it. And of course, videos as well...
-Special is more or less a collection of previous special events/notices

Don't really have any time to read them right now... Gotta come back and read everything later...

Oh, last note, but the counter till release has started!

Old 2008-09-25, 14:06   Link #57
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

Got my hands on the game and I've been playing it, first odd thing you'll probably notice is absolutely all spoken language is dubbed in English. The game...well I'm 100% certain when I say Knights in the Nightmare is a brand new genre, if I were to describe it it'd be a Bullet Hell RPG.

I'm quite serious about the Bullet Hell part. For the game you control the wisp who possessed units to battle with so the wisp is actually the tip of your pen. Every battle will have a Turn Limit and each of those turns have a Time Limit, you have to beat a map before the Turn limit ends. However enemies will respawn in between turns except in boss fights.

As you navigate your menu's and control your units the enemies on the map will be spamming showers of attacks in an attempt to hit your pen/wisp. Everytime they land a successful hit you take a time penalty and this makes the game very hard as the time is technically your HP. As for the magic system between every turn you basically equip upto 4 items/skills which have to be dragged onto units to be equipped while dodging attacks you can also substitute units in between rounds. The skills are charged like in Yggdra Union even keeping the old "BREAK OUT!" You can however cancel and keep a fully charged skill on hold if the enemies on the map leave your range while attending to your other units. Skills are limited by your MP which is simply recharged by hitting enemies with normal attacks.

The gameplay itself is weird too most of your units are completely stationary and can only hit enemies when they come into range. Every unit has their own special shape of attack range however they can be completely changed by flipping the Chaos switch. Certain skills and attacks can only be performed in Law/Chaos mode so it means you have to be constantly aware of what your doing. Certain classes however like Duelist and L.Knight have the ability to move around the map with their Chaos attacks however can become trapped if you don't stay aware of your surroundings.

Overall I'm loving this game, difficulty is abit high but there is an Easy mode for those of you who either can't keep up with the pace of the game. Or aren't used to heavy multi-tasking or bullet hell style games the game is very much real time so you need your wits about you.

Last edited by Sety; 2008-09-25 at 16:21.
Sety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-25, 22:01   Link #58
serenade_beta
マジ天使

GYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGHHH!!!
AAHHHHHHHHHHH!H!HH!!!!!
*&(&^*%*&^!!!

Yggdra!!!!!!! Yggdraaaaaa!!!!

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm4733208
57 seconds mark!

I goddamn stopped breathing here!

Well... There goes the Maria=Yggdra theory...?

Hmm? Her age is the same as Yggdra Union's...

Let's see... Either the games aren't connected after all, or this picture of Yggdra is from a flashback... Because if she's 17 here, then no time has passed from Yggdra Union... Flashback, after all?

Either way, Yggdra+Knights in the Nightmare artstyle=Very cute

Might as well, but here are the official romanization of the character names... found out just now:
Spoiler for list:

Last edited by serenade_beta; 2008-09-26 at 01:35. Reason: Forgot the NPSs...
Old 2008-09-26, 05:10   Link #59
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

Its hard to tell if thats Yggdra for real storywise or just a Yggdra cameo, though I imagine its possible shes there for real. NPC's just sorta stand around on the map till you offer them certain items. The story itself I haven't really bothered following since I don't understand anything but overall it seems theres quite abit of heavy mystery about the castle you're in. Also I'm still trying to work out how to recruit some characters I've gotten upteen odd items that all seem to work for only certain chapters. Thrown in that all characters require items to be recruited otherwise they get replaced by generics and rental units.

On a sidenote, I wouldn't take the romanizations to heart. The spell 'First' 'Firlt' all the time and many other words like that. Although I can't help but suspect if its a archaic spelling..theres a heavy nostalgic theme in this game.
Old 2008-09-26, 11:01   Link #60
krisslanza

Darn nicovideo D:
At least I saw the picture of Yggdra. SO CUTE. But darn nicovideo needing an account >_>

So basically KitN is a *deep breath* Danmaku real-time/turn-based strategy RPG?

EDIT:
But wait a sec. Isn't everyone in KitN dead and brought back to life by the power of the Wisp? So Yggdra's age doesn't mean much... Just could mean she died at that age. Which would tie into YU since if that ties into Riviera Yggdra had to have died in the Ragnarok.

Tags
sting