AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Kami nomi/TWGOK

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-05-29, 04:47   Link #4321
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
NOOOO!!! Elsie should have been the one to stay...
__________________
Nothing is Impossible
BladeEntity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-29, 05:25   Link #4322
ReddyRedWolf
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
One too many Nii-samas. By this time Elsee may have forgotten she and Keima are not blood related.

I find the way Elsee killed that fish disturbing. That's Yandere material there.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-29, 06:17   Link #4323
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
One too many Nii-samas. By this time Elsee may have forgotten she and Keima are not blood related.

I find the way Elsee killed that fish disturbing. That's Yandere material there.
... I'm sure at the back of her head she's thinking I want to be with kami-nii sama forever.

How can Elsie be Yandere...

SO far she has been all dere and well unless its not obvious yet I'm rooting for Elsie to hit the homerun and win Kami's heart despite how unlikely even I think it is...XD
__________________
Nothing is Impossible
BladeEntity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-29, 06:22   Link #4324
Ryuutai
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
This chapter was adorable!!! *_*
I think that Haqua would like be like Elsie, because she is spontaneous and can express her affection for Keima naturally...Haqua also would like do this way, but she is too proud and she fears to be refused by him. So, all that she can do is to say what she thinks about him while he can't hear her.
She is really suffering for her unrequited love.
I think it's really cute how she cuts the food in very small bites because that is the only way to make Keima eat...This shows how much she is afraid for his health. She really loves him a lot.
Elsie was totally cute too, of course; I think she likes Keima as well, but for some reason, I believe that her affection towards him is more childish and less passionate than Haqua's one, so maybe she is suffering less than Haqua, also because she already accepted that she can't be a love interest for him. Haqua, instead, sees him like her own property and fights against the other girls' attacks, even if she thinks to be hopeless.
Ryuutai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-29, 06:30   Link #4325
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuutai View Post
This chapter was adorable!!! *_*
I think that Haqua would like be like Elsie, because she is spontaneous and can express her affection for Keima naturally...Haqua also would like do this way, but she is too proud and she fears to be refused by him. So, all that she can do is to say what she thinks about him while he can't hear her.
She is really suffering for her unrequited love.
I think it's really cute how she cuts the food in very small bites because that is the only way to make Keima eat...This shows how much she is afraid for his health. She really loves him a lot.
Elsie was totally cute too, of course; I think she likes Keima as well, but for some reason, I believe that her affection towards him is more childish and less passionate than Haqua's one, so maybe she is suffering less than Haqua, also because she already accepted that she can't be a love interest for him. Haqua, instead, sees him like her own property and fights against the other girls' attacks, even if she thinks to be hopeless.
Personally I don't see Haqua actually suffering because Unrequited love because at this point she probably still can't recognize her own feelings for Keima. Basically she is your super typical Tsundere character who in chapter 144 practically just flowed with dere-ness for majority of that chapter which was a nice change.

But still I go with my favourite character is still Elsie so I'm hoping that at some point her 'brotherly' feelings become not so 'brotherly' anymore cause an aggresive perhaps maybe a shy Elsie would be so awesome in my book. Considering the fact how much fun it will be with her actually in the battle Kami. Seeing as an romantic interest, Elsie would probably act very different from the current puppy type love Elsie.

Since we are on this topic the best end would be no one wins but Keima learns to appreciate the real world more. With that I will actually be satisfied with that kind of ending. This manga doesn't need like a winning couple, in my oppinion it would just make some fans angry and other sad and some happy.
__________________
Nothing is Impossible
BladeEntity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-29, 06:34   Link #4326
matteas
Member Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Czech Republic
Age: 22
Elsie with her hair down like that is really adorable, and this was probably the scene we have seen her "the best" so far. She still acts childish as usual, but she seems to have gotten her act together a tiny little bit, probably thanks to her fresh working experience. Her cooking, however, seems to be the same crap of hellfood as always.

But my eyes were fully focused on Haqua in this episode. We have seen her very scantily clothed again and she has had another close contact with Keima, not mentioning she has gotten used to cooking for him, so she should just move in with him and become his bride at last! I know Keima must keep his position to be able to succeed in 5-timing plus Tenri, but the nights are long and there are only the two of them in the house (not counting bedridden Kanon in) XD
matteas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-29, 06:38   Link #4327
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeEntity View Post

But still I go with my favourite character is still Elsie so I'm hoping that at some point her 'brotherly' feelings become not so 'brotherly' anymore cause an aggresive perhaps maybe a shy Elsie would be so awesome in my book. Considering the fact how much fun it will be with her actually in the battle Kami. Seeing as an romantic interest, Elsie would probably act very different from the current puppy type love Elsie.

Elsie turns into Ohana?
ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-29, 06:41   Link #4328
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
That would be fine too, Ohana is epic win on all counts as a character. But Elsie must keep her sort of half clueless side cause she's too cute when she talks about 'fire trucks'
__________________
Nothing is Impossible
BladeEntity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-29, 06:45   Link #4329
Ryuutai
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeEntity View Post
Personally I don't see Haqua actually suffering because Unrequited love because at this point she probably still can't recognize her own feelings for Keima. Basically she is your super typical Tsundere character who in chapter 144 practically just flowed with dere-ness for majority of that chapter which was a nice change.
I disagree, because I think it's really obvious that she is aware to be in love with him, but she can't express her feelings because she knows that he doesn't love her. You don't fight against some girls for a guy if you don't know how much important he is for you.

Quote:
But still I go with my favourite character is still Elsie so I'm hoping that at some point her 'brotherly' feelings become not so 'brotherly' anymore cause an aggresive perhaps maybe a shy Elsie would be so awesome in my book. Considering the fact how much fun it will be with her actually in the battle Kami. Seeing as an romantic interest, Elsie would probably act very different from the current puppy type love Elsie.
I can't see Elsie becoming aggressive...I like her the way she is. ^__^

Quote:
Since we are on this topic the best end would be no one wins but Keima learns to appreciate the real world more. With that I will actually be satisfied with that kind of ending. This manga doesn't need like a winning couple, in my oppinion it would just make some fans angry and other sad and some happy.
I agree about the fact that an ending where Keima doesn't find a girlfriend but simply learn to appreciate the real world more, would be good. But I disagree about the fact that the author should do this kind of end only to not make some fanboys angry. I will accept any girl who Wakaki will choose like lover for Keima, as long as the plot is well written, even if that girl won't be one of my favorite girls.
Ryuutai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-29, 06:49   Link #4330
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuutai View Post
I disagree, because I think it's really obvious that she is aware to be in love with him, but she can't express her feelings because she knows that he doesn't love her. You don't fight against some girls for a guy if you don't know how much important he is for you.
It seems more like a reflex from Hakua then going after the man she 'loves'


Quote:
I can't see Elsie become aggressive...I like her the way she is. ^__^
Expect the unexpected I always say


Quote:
I agree about the fact that an ending where Keima doesn't find a girlfriend but simply learn to appreciate the real world more would be good. But I disagree about the fact that the author should do this kind of end only to not make some fanboys angry. I will accept any girl who Wakaki will choice like lover for Keima, as long as the plot is well written, even if that girl won't be one of my favorite girls.
I highly doubt he will do it because of fanboys... Thats just an outcome of the choice. But really in this situation where no one has a lead I'd doubt we will see the winner unless we have a time skip.
__________________
Nothing is Impossible
BladeEntity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-29, 07:14   Link #4331
Ryuutai
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeEntity View Post
It seems more like a reflex from Hakua then going after the man she 'loves'
I think that scenes like these
http://6.p.s.mfcdn.net/store/manga/1...ok73_11_rh.jpg
http://9.p.s.mfcdn.net/store/manga/1...ok73_16_rh.jpg
say everything...
She is intentionally protecting "her guy", I can't call these behaviours like "reflexes".
She is not so naive to not recognize her attraction for him.
Look at this page:
http://0.p.s.mfcdn.net/store/manga/1...e04_07_rhs.jpg
I don't think she would like be hugged by a guy who she is not sure to love...This scene shows that she has many romantic fantasies about him.
What she told in the chapter 144 (that Keima is amazing) is only the admission of something that she always thought but can't tell him.

Quote:
I highly doubt he will do it because of fanboys... Thats just an outcome of the choice. But really in this situation where no one has a lead I'd doubt we will see the winner unless we have a time skip.
Well, we'll see...I will love any kind of end as long as it's a coherent with all the plot and the character development of the protagonist. ^^

P.S. Sorry for my poor english...
Ryuutai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-29, 07:55   Link #4332
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuutai View Post
I think that scenes like these
http://6.p.s.mfcdn.net/store/manga/1...ok73_11_rh.jpg
http://9.p.s.mfcdn.net/store/manga/1...ok73_16_rh.jpg
say everything...
She is intentionally protecting "her guy", I can't call these behaviours like "reflexes".
She is not so naive to not recognize her attraction for him.
Look at this page:
http://0.p.s.mfcdn.net/store/manga/1...e04_07_rhs.jpg
I don't think she would like be hugged by a guy who she is not sure to love...This scene shows that she has many romantic fantasies about him.
What she told in the chapter 144 (that Keima is amazing) is only the admission of something that she always thought but can't tell him.
I guess I don't really pay attention to Haqua as much as I do Elsie, but those are some good evidence that she at least likes him. But love is a strong word that I think does not apply to her maybe she really likes him, but when it comes to the strength of their feelings for Keima I think Elsie's are stronger. In Keima's world the love of a sister can easily turn into a romantic relationship and when you really like someone you will be happy for him no matter what. Which is why I think Elsie has stronger feelings for Keima because from what I have observed well she puts Keima in front of herself.
__________________
Nothing is Impossible
BladeEntity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-29, 07:56   Link #4333
ReddyRedWolf
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeEntity View Post
... I'm sure at the back of her head she's thinking I want to be with kami-nii sama forever.

How can Elsie be Yandere...

SO far she has been all dere and well unless its not obvious yet I'm rooting for Elsie to hit the homerun and win Kami's heart despite how unlikely even I think it is...XD
Elsee is sweet..Too Sweet! Those are the most dangerous ones. The poison flag as it is called.

Did you just see that fish with a knife stabbed on its head? Hell she kept in oil ALIVE!
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-29, 08:13   Link #4334
Vanish
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Age: 22
Send a message via Skype™ to Vanish
A year in oil... that is hell, alright.

I'm glad we got to see Elsie again, her resistance to Keima's coldness is still amazing. Idiots don't catch colds philosophy. And more Haqua-service... nice.
Vanish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-29, 08:20   Link #4335
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Xanadu
Age: 22
ahaa.... a calming chapter
It's glad to see Elsie again.... aaahhh.. I missed her....
and she isn't change at all.... lol

Hakua is also adorable in this chapter
I wonder what will happen in the next chapter.... Is it another calming or another conquest....
__________________

even if you can't see me, even if you can't hear me, I'll be by your side (Kaname Madoka, 2011)
anime list
manga list
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-29, 08:23   Link #4336
Ryuutai
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeEntity View Post
I guess I don't really pay attention to Haqua as much as I do Elsie, but those are some good evidence that she at least likes him. But love is a strong word that I think does not apply to her maybe she really likes him, but when it comes to the strength of their feelings for Keima I think Elsie's are stronger. In Keima's world the love of a sister can easily turn into a romantic relationship and when you really like someone you will be happy for him no matter what. Which is why I think Elsie has stronger feelings for Keima because from what I have observed well she puts Keima in front of herself.
I don't think that it's a matter about which love is stronger...They love him in different ways, that's all. I told that, in my opinion, Elsie already accepted that she can't be his lover, Haqua can't accept it, instead, and tries to get him even if she knows that he doesn't like her. Since she can't give up on him yet, maybe Haqua is suffering more than Elsie.
Ryuutai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-29, 08:34   Link #4337
matteas
Member Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Czech Republic
Age: 22
This thought just sprang my mind upon seeing the tag "harem" here. I have never considered Kami Nomi to be a harem manga, despite Keima capturing more girls than there are in a regular harem in manga/anime. It's because Keima is not interested - subject to change - in any of them. Up to a recent point, you could brush off this discussion saying that he didn't have a harem as the girls lost the memory of the important events, but now he has clearly built a harem, consisting of 5 girls at the moment. Still, would you call it a harem? It defies the whole purpose and the main premise of a harem, in my opinion.
matteas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-29, 08:45   Link #4338
Ryuutai
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteas View Post
This thought just sprang my mind upon seeing the tag "harem" here. I have never considered Kami Nomi to be a harem manga, despite Keima capturing more girls than there are in a regular harem in manga/anime. It's because Keima is not interested - subject to change - in any of them. Up to a recent point, you could brush off this discussion saying that he didn't have a harem as the girls lost the memory of the important events, but now he has clearly built a harem, consisting of 5 girls at the moment. Still, would you call it a harem? It defies the whole purpose and the main premise of a harem, in my opinion.
It's not a harem, or at least, I think it's not your typical harem.
I think that the main goal of this manga is Keima's character development, not to see which girl will be his lover...
Ryuutai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-29, 08:46   Link #4339
Chaos2Frozen
:)
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The Moon that Wizard came from
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteas View Post
This thought just sprang my mind upon seeing the tag "harem" here. I have never considered Kami Nomi to be a harem manga, despite Keima capturing more girls than there are in a regular harem in manga/anime. It's because Keima is not interested - subject to change - in any of them. Up to a recent point, you could brush off this discussion saying that he didn't have a harem as the girls lost the memory of the important events, but now he has clearly built a harem, consisting of 5 girls at the moment. Still, would you call it a harem? It defies the whole purpose and the main premise of a harem, in my opinion.
I don't think it matters whether or not he's interested in them; heck most of the harem leads in the milky way galaxy are people who aren't 'interested' Because that's the easiest way to get a harem, by being not interested...

...Still he does have a harem of 2D girls...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuutai View Post
It's not a harem, or at least, I think it's not your typical harem.
I think that the main goal of this manga is Keima's character development, not to see which girl will be his lover...
Again, that's not necessary to define a harem Romance does not need to be the genre of the story

Any scenario where a guy gets sort after in an intimate fashion by three or more girls is a harem situation
Chaos2Frozen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-29, 08:53   Link #4340
satomianzaki
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeEntity View Post
NOOOO!!! Elsie should have been the one to stay...
i agree...

elsie please come back!!!
honestly, i really miss her...

and its still hard for me to really like haqua...
oh well...sorry haqua fans...but i'm really trying though...
satomianzaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
comedy, harem, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:23.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.