AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kami nomi/TWGOK

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-05-29, 09:10   Link #4341
Ryuutai
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
I like both Elsie and Haqua, but I admit that I like better KeimaxHaqua than KeimaxElsie, so i'm very happy with the current situation. xD

Last edited by Ryuutai; 2011-05-29 at 09:29.
Ryuutai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-29, 09:44   Link #4342
katsudon
Part Time Translator
 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: East Coast
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteas View Post
This thought just sprang my mind upon seeing the tag "harem" here. I have never considered Kami Nomi to be a harem manga, despite Keima capturing more girls than there are in a regular harem in manga/anime. It's because Keima is not interested - subject to change - in any of them. Up to a recent point, you could brush off this discussion saying that he didn't have a harem as the girls lost the memory of the important events, but now he has clearly built a harem, consisting of 5 girls at the moment. Still, would you call it a harem? It defies the whole purpose and the main premise of a harem, in my opinion.
it is harem, because after all, he got more intimate with more girls than some of the other so-called harem series. in my book, the only requirement is multiple love-interests regardless of if it is one-way or two-way.

sometimes down the road, he may have develop real interests in one or more of them. as we could tell he was sort of disappointed when he found out ayumi lost the memory of conquest.

maybe he's got a goddess/god in his heart or... even an undetectable super weiss inside... who knows.
katsudon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-29, 09:58   Link #4343
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by satomianzaki View Post
i agree...

elsie please come back!!!
honestly, i really miss her...

and its still hard for me to really like haqua...
oh well...sorry haqua fans...but i'm really trying though...
Definitely agree with you there. I'm also finding it hard to love her like Elsie... Personally I think her character is too typical Tsundere as much as I love Tsundere (Aria is Epic win) but Haqua just seems I don't know bland against the cast of characters in Kami Nomi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuutai View Post
I don't think that it's a matter about which love is stronger...They love him in different ways, that's all. I told that, in my opinion, Elsie already accepted that she can't be his lover, Haqua can't accept it, instead, and tries to get him even if she knows that he doesn't like her. Since she can't give up on him yet, maybe Haqua is suffering more than Elsie.
But IMO I don't think that Elsie has enough romantic feelings towards Keima to say that she accepts that she can't be his lover. I myself have not seen her resign herself to that fact so its had to say whether she accepts that she can't be his lover.

I don't think love troubles warrant the word suffering I think its too strong a word to describe the love troubles of a typical Tsundere. But if that's the case every other girl that falls in love with him is suffering.

I understand that your English is not your best language... so maybe a better word is more pitiable than than Elsie. I mean it gives you a sense of saying "too bad" to Haqua or maybe the sense that she doesn't want to lose him?. Sorry can't think of a better word to describe it.
__________________
Nothing is Impossible
BladeEntity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-29, 10:54   Link #4344
Ryuutai
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeEntity View Post
But IMO I don't think that Elsie has enough romantic feelings towards Keima to say that she accepts that she can't be his lover. I myself have not seen her resign herself to that fact so its had to say whether she accepts that she can't be his lover.
I don't get your point anymore...before you told that Elsie loves Keima more than Haqua, now you are saying that she has not enough romantic feelings to say that she accepts that she can't be his lover. I believe that she doesn't think that between them can develop a romantic relation because they are buddies. During some embarrassing moments she always says "no...he is my buddy, so we can't..." or something like this.
http://8.p.s.mfcdn.net/store/manga/1...03_115_rhs.jpg
http://2.p.s.mfcdn.net/store/manga/1...103_09_rhs.jpg
Haqua has not this type of tabu, so she is actively trying to get closer to him in a romantic way, also fighting against Diana, her most relevant rival.

Quote:
I don't think love troubles warrant the word suffering I think its too strong a word to describe the love troubles of a typical Tsundere. But if that's the case every other girl that falls in love with him is suffering.
To me, Haqua is not a "typical tsundere"...She has some basic traits of that kind of character, of course, but she is not a simple stereotype. She has some character development and a dynamic personality. If only Keima showed a bit of interest in her, I think she would confess her feelings. She isn't violent only because she is shy and proud. She reacts in a violent way mainly because Keima always hurts her feelings. The typical tsunderes act in a violent way also when their love interest shows signs of affection towards them. Shinichi Kudo and Ran Mori in DC are typical tsundere characters, for example. Haqua knows that Keima doesn't like her, instead, so she can only pretend to dislike him, to protect her proud, even if she secretly likes him.
About the other girls, yeah, they are suffering. Specially Tenri, because just like Haqua, she knows that Keima doesn't love her.
Kanon, Yui and Tsukiyo now think that Keima loves them, so they are happy for the moment. Shiori, Ayumi and (maybe) Chihiro are suffering because they are confused because of Kanon's affair.
The love troubles make people suffering, so I don't see why this word is wrong.

For example, in this page
http://7.p.s.mfcdn.net/store/manga/1...ok74_18_rh.jpg
from the arc where Haqua met Tenri for the first time, you can see that Haqua is alone on the roof with a melancholic expression. Probably her sad face is because of the fact she thinks that Katsuragi has a girlfriend.
There are many subtle hints about the feelings of the characters...Maybe for a female reader are more evident, I dunno (yeah, I'm a girl). ^^

Last edited by Ryuutai; 2011-05-29 at 11:39.
Ryuutai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-29, 22:05   Link #4345
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Keima likes girls that are submissive. The very fact that boy-Yui scares the shit out of him is enough prove. You don't get anymore submissive than Eisie.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-29, 22:22   Link #4346
ellifeedn
Thinker
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: New York
Didn't Keima also like the Shogi girl?
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-29, 23:23   Link #4347
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
Didn't Keima also like the Shogi girl?
Keima doesn't like anyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
Keima likes girls that are submissive. The very fact that boy-Yui scares the shit out of him is enough prove. You don't get anymore submissive than Eisie.
True that and that's why I think they are the pefect match

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuutai View Post
I don't get your point anymore...before you told that Elsie loves Keima more than Haqua, now you are saying that she has not enough romantic feelings to say that she accepts that she can't be his lover. I believe that she doesn't think that between them can develop a romantic relation because they are buddies. During some embarrassing moments she always says "no...he is my buddy, so we can't..." or something like this.
http://8.p.s.mfcdn.net/store/manga/1...03_115_rhs.jpg
http://2.p.s.mfcdn.net/store/manga/1...103_09_rhs.jpg
Haqua has not this type of tabu, so she is actively trying to get closer to him in a romantic way, also fighting against Diana, her most relevant rival.

... From the start I think that Elsie loves Keima very very much but there are very different types of love. At this point majority of her feelings are skewed towards brotherly I think she kind of lost in that fake reality. However when/if Elsie realizes that they are not really siblings, the romantic feelings will become more dominant. Such as in Devil may cry/try chapter 101 and 102. She is kind of stuck in a limbo.

Quote:
Spoiler for Too long:
I think it is my own inability to really love Haqua's character that makes me write her off as a sterotypical tsundere which I think she exibits alot of the usual characteristics.

Tenri is 'attacking' Keima in a very subtle way in the hope that he will eventually like her back. In manga in general we rarely see the heroines suffer due to love troubles, I think thats the distinction between the real world and manga. In the real world most people will be suffering but in this manga considering the fact the it has a comedy genre I think majority of the heroine cast are more annoyed and Keima. With Haqua having a semi love/hate relationship with him. He admires and likes his skills, but there are aspects of him that she doesn't like, his 'echi' side which actually does not exist... comedy.

I don't think that just because you are a girl, it would make you more observant well thats just my oppinion.
__________________
Nothing is Impossible
BladeEntity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-30, 01:23   Link #4348
kniteowl
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeEntity View Post
Keima doesn't like anyone.
wrong, Keima only likes Yotsuba Tsugimoto :P

http://manga.redhawkscans.com/?manga...GOK+043#page=3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeEntity View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon
Keima likes girls that are submissive. The very fact that boy-Yui scares the shit out of him is enough prove. You don't get anymore submissive than Eisie.
True that and that's why I think they are the pefect match
The only kind of girls Keima likes are 2D girls. Although I like watching Keima's interactions with the more aggressive girls like Yui or Akari

As for a Elsea/Keima ending, I don't want to see that happen... although if it did happen, it would be quite funny, especially when Keima's mother finds out, that's the only reason I would support this pairing, just to see how they react to Keima being an Wincest pervert lol.

Even though it's not really incest...

unless of course Keima's father, Austin Powers could time travel to the past and hit on Elsea's mother :P. lol
__________________
kniteowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-30, 01:27   Link #4349
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The Unseen Horizon
Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
He likes girls who lets him play games.... he nearly fell for Yui's trick.

Keima: I will not submit!
Yui: My family is rich so you don't have to work! You can play as many games as you want.
Keima: Really?
Haqua: Wait, wait, wait.
__________________

Dang it Avalon, you c(XD LOL)-block Shirou and Reinforce, but don't protect his mind in other ways? What is wrong, you woman?
Friendship, be made! Magical power, gather! Starlight Breaker.... this world!
bhl88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-30, 06:31   Link #4350
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by kniteowl View Post
wrong, Keima only likes Yotsuba Tsugimoto :P

http://manga.redhawkscans.com/?manga...GOK+043#page=3



The only kind of girls Keima likes are 2D girls. Although I like watching Keima's interactions with the more aggressive girls like Yui or Akari

As for a Elsea/Keima ending, I don't want to see that happen... although if it did happen, it would be quite funny, especially when Keima's mother finds out, that's the only reason I would support this pairing, just to see how they react to Keima being an Wincest pervert lol.

Even though it's not really incest...

unless of course Keima's father, Austin Powers could time travel to the past and hit on Elsea's mother :P. lol
Sorry I take that back, he doesn't like any 3D girls. 2D can't say the same.

I also don't forsee a Elsie/Keima pairing, most likely a no pairing end but I think it suits this manga very well.

In this situation it is not the end that matters but the journey. But ride to the end was fun and people enjoy it. Anyway enough metaphors from me. -_-
__________________
Nothing is Impossible
BladeEntity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-30, 10:26   Link #4351
mtarzaim
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: France
Age: 36
What I will keep from this chapter is how much Haqua is in Bride Mode, knowing better than Elsie how deal with Keima on an everyday basis, and Elsie who has given up on Keima because she thinks of herself as "totaly useless" and thus not worthy of him.

In those regards :
- Haqua has indirectly proven she's a better "buddy" for Keima, with the acknowledgement of Elsie (LC < Haqua -> Haqua + Keima)
- Elsie is happy as long as she can stay close to Keima, be it friend or sister

For future possible developments :
- Haqua might become more aggressive on the romance side, depending on how she will deal with her own feelings (kiss/not kiss)
- Elsie won't be in love with Keima as long as she's considering herself a bother. Which might change, since she seems to do a good job as an idol + it will be useful to ciment her role in Chihiro's band (might even take the vocalist role = further drama for Chihiro)
__________________

mtarzaim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-30, 11:47   Link #4352
ellifeedn
Thinker
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeEntity View Post
Keima doesn't like anyone.
Looking back, it turns out he likes girls that are open and honest about their problems, so capturing them is easier.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-30, 12:20   Link #4353
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
Looking back, it turns out he likes girls that are open and honest about their problems, so capturing them is easier.
Well he was the one who get them to open up.

Maybe more in the case of Diana since she wanted him to "take responsibility" (i.e opening the tight garage of the fire station so as to let Keima's fire truck be driven in), but Tenri forbade that since it was HER body the former is using.
__________________

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-30, 12:47   Link #4354
matteas
Member Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Czech Republic
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
Looking back, it turns out he likes girls that are open and honest about their problems, so capturing them is easier.
You could also rephrase it and say he likes girls that are like very cliché and typical game heroines. Their personalities are quite unusual, thus their issues are more evident, and that makes them easier to capture.
matteas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-30, 14:09   Link #4355
Shadow5YA
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteas View Post
You could also rephrase it and say he likes girls that are like very cliché and typical game heroines. Their personalities are quite unusual, thus their issues are more evident, and that makes them easier to capture.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure Wakaki intentionally made them similar to game heroines. Ayumi was made to be the athlete, Mio the ojousama, Kanon the idol, etc.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-31, 01:15   Link #4356
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtarzaim View Post
What I will keep from this chapter is how much Haqua is in Bride Mode, knowing better than Elsie how deal with Keima on an everyday basis, and Elsie who has given up on Keima because she thinks of herself as "totaly useless" and thus not worthy of him.

In those regards :
- Haqua has indirectly proven she's a better "buddy" for Keima, with the acknowledgement of Elsie (LC < Haqua -> Haqua + Keima)
- Elsie is happy as long as she can stay close to Keima, be it friend or sister

For future possible developments :
- Haqua might become more aggressive on the romance side, depending on how she will deal with her own feelings (kiss/not kiss)
- Elsie won't be in love with Keima as long as she's considering herself a bother. Which might change, since she seems to do a good job as an idol + it will be useful to ciment her role in Chihiro's band (might even take the vocalist role = further drama for Chihiro)
I don't think that Haqua actually knows Keima better than Elsie, who has been through all of her Kami-nii sama's moods. In terms of taking care of him they both do a good job at it, both do it in a different ways. One is more weird in the way she does it *cough* Elsie while the other looks after him in a very normal wife method.

Any posible developments are on Haqua's front I personally don't think it will be completely fleshed out. Looking at Keima's character at if at the end he has to admit that he has been XX timing all the girls I don't think that Haqua becoming more aggressive is going to happen, a Tsundere like her will probably find it had to be upfront with her feelings.

But once Elsie realises that she is not really his brother there is a good chance that she will have to come to terms with her own feelings which are hovering between sibling love and romantic love.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
Looking back, it turns out he likes girls that are open and honest about their problems, so capturing them is easier.
Not really I don't think that he 'likes likes' them but rather he doesn't dread the idea of capturing them cause clearly he has no romantic feelings for any 3D girl for that matter.
__________________
Nothing is Impossible

Last edited by BladeEntity; 2011-05-31 at 06:43.
BladeEntity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-31, 01:17   Link #4357
msg
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
there should be more goddesses!!! vesta, venus and ceres...or jupiter

to build an army to combat the old hell group
__________________
msg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-31, 01:21   Link #4358
SilverSyko
The Anti-Otaku
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Alberta, Canada
Age: 23
You know what goddess would be the most interesting to see IMO?

Pluto. Goddess of the underworld (hell) = possible leader of Vintage?

I doubt I'm the first one to think of this, but I think it'd be an interesting development.~
__________________
SilverSyko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-31, 01:31   Link #4359
tomboy8888
Bloody Vampire Lover
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: In front of my moniter, surrounded by books...
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
You know what goddess would be the most interesting to see IMO?

Pluto. For obvious reasons I should think.

Goddess of underworld (hell) = leader of Vintage?
Just as long as we don't see Discordia. I would find that rather disconcerting.
__________________
Managing multiple obsessions can make a person CRAZY!!!

Last edited by tomboy8888; 2011-05-31 at 12:46.
tomboy8888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-31, 01:45   Link #4360
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
In that case the ending would probably involve making Pluto Keima's love slave rather than an all-out fight... Though since we've seen the start-as-minion-and-work-your-way-up approach with Hinoki, I'd like to see some other strategy used on her D:

BTW, I reread Yui's capture; never realised that when Keima was in Yui's body, he played with her boobs till he got bored Yet he says he has his fill of ero from games....
ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
comedy, harem, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:50.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.