AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Forum & Site Feedback

Notices

Old 2008-08-22, 15:59   Link #61
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightWish View Post
I've changed the name for you, but as the group's creator, do you not have access to the edit page? Does it not let you change the name? Hum.
Like Kina said. We can only change the group descriptions, on the name itself.

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-04, 19:27   Link #62
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Send a message via AIM to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via MSN to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via Skype™ to DJ_RockmanX
There really needs to be some kind of criterion for the creation of these social groups. Shipping factions, duplicate topics, and things that already have their own forums really need some kind of restrictions put on them. Not everything should be clamped down, but there really ought to be some limits to group creation.

And don't get me started on a particular group that worships a hat.

DJ_RockmanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-04, 20:37   Link #63
Vivio Testarossa
I'm Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_RockmanX View Post
There really needs to be some kind of criterion for the creation of these social groups. Shipping factions, duplicate topics, and things that already have their own forums really need some kind of restrictions put on them.
*begin sarcasm* Sounds like a good idea... and therefore I delegate myself to be the one who make those decisions... I have come to a decision... all groups are currently acceptable *end sarcasm*

But seriously, like I said concerning the "image limit" thread we already have enough rules on AnimeSuki. In addition...
  • They are covered in the General rules
  • Concerning shipping "factions" as you put it. From my knowledge, they generally do generate a lot of heat in the main forums. But since there is social groups, they can use them to share content nondisruptively amongst their "fellow members".
  • Concerning duplicate topics, due to the nature of forums... this will always be present...
  • Concerning "already has there own forum"... Just because topic X has a forum doesn't mean that topic X can't also have a social group.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_RockmanX View Post
And don't get me started on a particular group that worships a hat.
Just because you think something is silly, doesn't mean that it's "inherently disruptive" (which is probably what the mods would look for).

Summary of what I said above is basically all limiting of "group creation" will do is to will do is to add even more unnecessary bureaucracy into AnimeSuki. Just stick to the General Rules, and that's fine...

Thank for help with signature Evil Rick.
Vivio Testarossa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-04, 22:44   Link #64
Ryu-kun
Dragon - Igniton
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Ryu-kun
A newbie question is their a limit of social groups you can make?

Click siggy to join Toradora club~
Ryu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-05, 05:45   Link #65
NightWish
Crushcrushcrush
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taku-kun View Post
A newbie question is their a limit of social groups you can make?
Not as such. Artificial limits like that don't make much sense because some people will want (and be able to) juggle a dozen groups while others will have no interest at all. The number of groups (unless we start talking silly numbers) doesn't really impact the forum performance so there is little to be gained from putting a soft-limit on it.

However, we would ask for some restraint from those interested in making groups. Just because it is technically possible for someone to create a few million doesn't mean they should. The group should have a defined purpose and preferably not already exist in some other form. In fact, if we think you are creating groups just for the sake of creating groups we'll probably tell you to stop.
Old 2008-09-09, 18:39   Link #66
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

There are too many Naruto related group @.@'
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-09, 20:51   Link #67
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Meh, I still think that it's fine so far. As of right now, the groups that posted in more goes to the top, and there are lots of Naruto/<insert anime here> groups that are created and never really posted in, so they stay on pages 3-4+. Unless someone is literally spamming group creations, it should be fine, I think.
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-10, 02:53   Link #68
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
Meh, I still think that it's fine so far. As of right now, the groups that posted in more goes to the top, and there are lots of Naruto/<insert anime here> groups that are created and never really posted in, so they stay on pages 3-4+. Unless someone is literally spamming group creations, it should be fine, I think.
It makes me curious what the policy, if any, on "defunct" groups is? As in, would a group get deleted if there is no activity in a certain amount of time? Would it ever get to a point where a moderator might condense or remove groups based on lack of posting/visits?
Old 2008-09-10, 03:12   Link #69
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

I proposed a purge system with groups needing a certain number of members and certain number of posts within a certain initial set period.
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2008-09-10, 03:29   Link #70
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiNA View Post
I proposed a purge system with groups needing a certain number of members and certain number of posts within a certain initial set period.
So in other words, you want the members to spam their own groups with pointless bump replies just to maintain a justification to continue to exist.

Feel free to write a vB plug-in to maintain some sort of tracking for these groups and that can identify those that fall short of an impossible set of criteria.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-15, 04:28   Link #71
Kitsune
九尾の狐
*Artist

Sincerely, I see here a lot of complaints cause there are only groups of "fans of" anything, why all of those who think this way does not create a "most important and interesting" group instead of coming here crying? ¬¬'
Kitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-18, 18:55   Link #72
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Okay, as of now a new system was implemented on the social group. A little more feature and stuff.

But now I have 9 unapproved group messages that I cannot find.

Must be a new bug in the system or i cannot find it.

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Old 2009-01-18, 19:00   Link #73
NightWish
Crushcrushcrush
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoie_Emesai View Post
But now I have 9 unapproved group messages that I cannot find.
Where are you seeing that?
Old 2009-01-18, 20:14   Link #74
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Quote:
Where are you seeing that?
It under the drop down menu on the Notifications.

Here's a screen shot of it.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...i/test_202.jpg

At the moment. I don't really have any way to get rid of it. If I can remember correctly. I got this notification right after I deleted a discussion thread in the social group after I tested what it could do and these "unapproved group messages" popped up on my notification.

Old 2009-01-18, 20:23   Link #75
NightWish
Crushcrushcrush
*Administrator

I've zeroed your unapproved group messages; so it should have gone now.

Not sure why it happened, probably a bug that needs to be ironed out by Jelsoft. I'll look further into it later, bit to tired right now
Old 2009-01-18, 20:28   Link #76
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Quote:
I've zeroed your unapproved group messages; so it should have gone now.

Not sure why it happened, probably a bug that needs to be ironed out by Jelsoft. I'll look further into it later, bit to tired right now
It's not quite gone yet. I suppose it takes a bit for the system to get it through.

Since I saw it I thought i might be an option in the social groups, which it was. I checked it off, but nothing changed.

I'll just wait and see what happens.

~Thanks, Aoie ^^

Old 2009-01-18, 20:30   Link #77
NightWish
Crushcrushcrush
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoie_Emesai View Post
It's not quite gone yet.
It should have been instantaneous; either I didn't really change it when I thought I had, or the forum undid the change... how about now?
Old 2009-01-18, 20:33   Link #78
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Quote:
It should have been instantaneous; either I didn't really change it when I thought I had, or the forum undid the change... how about now?
It's gone now. After I saw your post on this thread. I refreshed a few times, but it was still there.

It's gone now, Nightwish. Thank you ^^

Old 2009-01-18, 22:25   Link #79
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

TBH I still feels like the previous system more. I can think of a few redundant discussion threads in some of my groups.. I just hope it wouldnt be pick off .. but knowing me, my idea probably goes through some other peoples as well >.< Which probably gonna popped out when I'm least expected >.< I still hope it wont tho
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2009-01-19, 01:18   Link #80
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Nightwish >.<

Those crazy 9 Unapproved Group Messages came back.

This time, after I updated a post of mine. They automatically came back under the Notifications.

Tags
feedback, forum upgrade, social group