AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-10-05, 22:08   Link #3081
Altima of the Gates
Casting a spell on you...
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Where there are no mallets or tentacles.... and the female cast of Tenjou Tenge is mine, all mine!
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to Altima of the Gates Send a message via MSN to Altima of the Gates Send a message via Yahoo to Altima of the Gates
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
I gotta say, though, that would have been a rather interesting twist, honestly. Then again, maybe I just enjoy torturing Shirou too much?

Anyway, after playing through some scenes of HF again, I have to say...

Spoiler for HF:
Spoiler for Endings:
__________________


Thanks to kira_lacusXX for this great sig!
Altima of the Gates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-05, 22:23   Link #3082
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: USA
Age: 23
Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam Send a message via Skype™ to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altima of the Gates View Post
Spoiler for Endings:
Well, I just mean in general for HF, you know? I don't mean endings in general, which one is more fitting. I just mean that for HF on its own, I tend to prefer HF Normal. I'm not saying Sakura should be denied her happiness, I just find that of the two I prefer HF Normal.
__________________

Last edited by RadiantBeam; 2010-10-05 at 22:40.
RadiantBeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-06, 01:35   Link #3083
Haak
F**k my life...
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: UK
Age: 23
Yeah it really comes down to personal taste. I still prefer the True End even though I usually like bittersweet endings (And I don't like Rider sticking around). It's because Ilya got a chance to shine and do something. It's not just Shirou that has motives. Other characters do aswell.

Plus Sakura really needed to see a psychiatrist or something, so seeing her not do so in the Normal Ending was just horryfing.
__________________
MyAnimeList
Avatar - Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun
Signature - Gundam Reconguista in G
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-06, 01:38   Link #3084
Marion
The Great Dine
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Replaying through all the routes again I have to say that UBW is my favorite route (despite how much I honestly hate Rin's tsundere behavior, her moments of badass redeem her by the end) followed by Fate and Heaven's Feel, even though the latter is considered to be the true ending overall. Actually I think HF was the hardest to read through as time went on.

Spoiler for Complaints about HF:


Quote:
Plus Sakura really needed to see a psychiatrist or something, so seeing her not do so in the Normal Ending was just horryfing.
Preach man, preach. Normal Ending might as well be another bad ending, because Sakura pretty much has a mental breakdown from what I'm reading.
__________________

Sig by nocco
Marion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-06, 08:58   Link #3085
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: USA
Age: 23
Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam Send a message via Skype™ to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion View Post
Preach man, preach. Normal Ending might as well be another bad ending, because Sakura pretty much has a mental breakdown from what I'm reading.
I wouldn't exactly call it a mental breakdown, but....

Spoiler for HF:
__________________
RadiantBeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-06, 10:54   Link #3086
Cherry_Lover
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
Well, I just mean in general for HF, you know? I don't mean endings in general, which one is more fitting. I just mean that for HF on its own, I tend to prefer HF Normal.
I don't agree with this, because it just seems so pointless. Shirou has sacrificed his life, and for what? Sakura isn't happy and Ilya isn't happy. Ultimately, that ending is the result of Shirou failing to recognise that he actually matters as a person, and that Sakura needs him to be happy. It's just plain tragic, and I would say that it doesn't fit at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Yeah it really comes down to personal taste. I still prefer the True End even though I usually like bittersweet endings
Well, that's because the True ending is closer to a Bittersweet ending than the Normal ending is. Whilst the True ending is pretty good, it's not perfect. The Normal end, OTOH, is just an outright downer ending.

Quote:
(And I don't like Rider sticking around).
The thing is, it'd be hard to justify her not staying around. Even if Sakura didn't have the insane prana supply, UBW Good proves that she has enough to retain a servant even without the Grail (since her supply is equal to Rin's), and she's too nice a person to just let Rider disappear.

Quote:
It's because Ilya got a chance to shine and do something. It's not just Shirou that has motives. Other characters do aswell.
Yeah, it's nice that Ilya gets to save Shirou. Her ending in the Normal end must actually be really bad. Likely she goes back to the Einsbern Castle and lives out the rest of her life alone, since without Shirou around there is no place for her in the Emiya house, even though Sakura would probably look after her if she asked.

Quote:
Plus Sakura really needed to see a psychiatrist or something, so seeing her not do so in the Normal Ending was just horryfing.
The problem is, how do you explain what she went through to a psychiatrist? They would simply not believe her, and thus would get the treatment wrong.
Cherry_Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-06, 11:03   Link #3087
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: USA
Age: 28
Is anyone else having déjà vu?
__________________
DragoZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-06, 11:08   Link #3088
GDB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Is anyone else having déjà vu?
I think it only counts as deja vu if you weren't expecting it, or if it merely gives the illusion of a past experience.
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-06, 11:38   Link #3089
Altima of the Gates
Casting a spell on you...
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Where there are no mallets or tentacles.... and the female cast of Tenjou Tenge is mine, all mine!
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to Altima of the Gates Send a message via MSN to Altima of the Gates Send a message via Yahoo to Altima of the Gates
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Is anyone else having déjà vu?
Not like there aren't other topics constantly repeated.
__________________


Thanks to kira_lacusXX for this great sig!
Altima of the Gates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-06, 12:18   Link #3090
Haak
F**k my life...
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: UK
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry_Lover View Post
The thing is, it'd be hard to justify her not staying around. Even if Sakura didn't have the insane prana supply, UBW Good proves that she has enough to retain a servant even without the Grail (since her supply is equal to Rin's), and she's too nice a person to just let Rider disappear.
You know perfectly well how I feel about the whole sex = mana logic. I don't even want to think about it...
__________________
MyAnimeList
Avatar - Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun
Signature - Gundam Reconguista in G
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-06, 14:17   Link #3091
Cherry_Lover
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
You know perfectly well how I feel about the whole sex = mana logic. I don't even want to think about it...
Which has nothing to do with Sakura's ability to retain Rider. In fact, she is giving prana to Shirou. She retains Rider because Rider has a contract with her and Sakura has enough prana to keep her around even after the war.
Cherry_Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-06, 14:44   Link #3092
Marion
The Great Dine
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Yeah, it's nice that Ilya gets to save Shirou. Her ending in the Normal end must actually be really bad. Likely she goes back to the Einsbern Castle and lives out the rest of her life alone, since without Shirou around there is no place for her in the Emiya house, even though Sakura would probably look after her if she asked.
Spoiler for UBW spoilers:
__________________

Sig by nocco
Marion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-06, 15:44   Link #3093
Haak
F**k my life...
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: UK
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry_Lover View Post
Which has nothing to do with Sakura's ability to retain Rider. In fact, she is giving prana to Shirou. She retains Rider because Rider has a contract with her and Sakura has enough prana to keep her around even after the war.
And you know how i feel about these servants aswell...
__________________
MyAnimeList
Avatar - Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun
Signature - Gundam Reconguista in G
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-06, 16:42   Link #3094
Altima of the Gates
Casting a spell on you...
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Where there are no mallets or tentacles.... and the female cast of Tenjou Tenge is mine, all mine!
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to Altima of the Gates Send a message via MSN to Altima of the Gates Send a message via Yahoo to Altima of the Gates
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion View Post
Replaying through all the routes again I have to say that UBW is my favorite route (despite how much I honestly hate Rin's tsundere behavior, her moments of badass redeem her by the end) followed by Fate and Heaven's Feel, even though the latter is considered to be the true ending overall. Actually I think HF was the hardest to read through as time went on.

Spoiler for Complaints about HF:



Preach man, preach. Normal Ending might as well be another bad ending, because Sakura pretty much has a mental breakdown from what I'm reading.
Spoiler for Sakura:


Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
And you know how i feel about these servants aswell...
Did you say how you felt about Rider? I hadn't caught that.
__________________


Thanks to kira_lacusXX for this great sig!
Altima of the Gates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-06, 18:11   Link #3095
LostHanyou
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: USA
Completely irrelevant to the current conversation
Spoiler:
LostHanyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-06, 18:36   Link #3096
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: USA
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostHanyou View Post
Completely irrelevant to the current conversation
Spoiler:
My only guess would be saving her father or Sakura. Oh, it could also be world domination...I'd submit.
__________________
DragoZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-06, 19:10   Link #3097
Cherry_Lover
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
My only guess would be saving her father or Sakura. Oh, it could also be world domination...I'd submit.
She doesn't want a wish. She just wants to fulfill her 'duty' and win the Grail, as she originally planned (but now she is actually ruthless enough to do it). However, if she did have a wish, I would imagine that it would be to save Sakura somehow...
Cherry_Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-06, 19:56   Link #3098
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: USA
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry_Lover View Post
She doesn't want a wish. She just wants to fulfill her 'duty' and win the Grail, as she originally planned (but now she is actually ruthless enough to do it). However, if she did have a wish, I would imagine that it would be to save Sakura somehow...
We know she is doing it out of duty and a sense of obligation. I think it's one reason she was able to work with Shirou so well - neither had a true wish in mind...at least in the beginning.

Mine would have been a harem route.

I kid...I kid...
__________________
DragoZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-06, 21:45   Link #3099
Altima of the Gates
Casting a spell on you...
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Where there are no mallets or tentacles.... and the female cast of Tenjou Tenge is mine, all mine!
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to Altima of the Gates Send a message via MSN to Altima of the Gates Send a message via Yahoo to Altima of the Gates
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostHanyou View Post
Completely irrelevant to the current conversation
Spoiler:
Spoiler for MoS Possible end:
__________________


Thanks to kira_lacusXX for this great sig!
Altima of the Gates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-06, 22:00   Link #3100
LostHanyou
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altima of the Gates View Post
Spoiler for MoS Possible end:
Spoiler:
LostHanyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
fate/stay night, visual novel

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:22.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.