AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-12-09, 10:47   Link #3881
GDB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukulelembo View Post
Fate/stay night [Realta Nua] PC version will be released as a download!

http://www.typemoon.com/information/info.html
You raised my hopes (of an official American release) and dashed them brilliantly. Bravo.
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-09, 11:25   Link #3882
Last Sinner
Screw The Rules
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Summoner's Rift
Age: 33
Send a message via MSN to Last Sinner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
It's one those "left purposely ambiguous to troll the readers" things. We are left to interpret her absence however we like. I'd in all likely hood she probably has had her fate sealed as Zouken's puppet, but I'm an optimist so I'd like to believe she gets rescued eventually (fuck you Nasu).
Well, Nasu generally refers to Heavens Feel True Ending as the 'real route/ending' of FSN. So, in the sense of what 'probably' happened, Heavens Feel is the one you could consider to be the most likely to have actually happened.

In terms of what would have happened to Sakura if Fate or Unlimited Blade Works was the route that happened, the Holy Grail and Avenger were destroyed for good every time. So Zouken's path to immortality would always be cut off. Whether he'd have kept consuming people for a while and kept torturing Sakura in his final days - that's a chilling thought. One point of comfort would be that the crest worm was active mainly during the Grail War, so the absence of its purpose would perhaps keep it dormant permanently since Sakura was not one to actively use magic. I'd think Sakura would eventually be liberated but whether it was inevitability or if Shirou/Rin noticed is another issue. Nasu may leave some things ambiguous and not allow all the main characters to get peace within the one route. But he generally offers hope and redemption - he is referred to as a 'warrior of love' after all. Characters generally have a better chance than those in Urobuchi's works and his tendency to 'send them into the abyss' since he feels that's what endings should be like - Urobuchi's own words. Even Yuuchirou admits it in his comments in the second F/Z novel - 'This is an extremely cruel story with absolutely no salvation.'

But all that said, the idea that no one noticed the hell Sakura went through in the other two routes is somewhat absurd and disheartening. It was obvious in any route that Shinji was abusing Sakura at the very least and that she would do anything to spend minimal time at the Matou household. And the fact Heavens Feel was pretty much passed over in the anime adaptation - even though it was the 'real route' - just makes people who haven't played the game through think that Sakura is an insignificant character, when she's pretty damn important. Fate/Zero touches upon the hell she's destined for, but those unfamiliar with FSN don't seem to appreciate the significance or care much. Also concerned that Kotomine won't get the treatment he deserves. He was one damn intriguing/thought-provoking villain in FSN, particularly Heavens Feel. Not feeling much at all about what happens to him in F/Z.

Frankly I'm relieved I played the game in full before I got that far into Fate/Zero. Heavens Feel makes things much clearer as far as I'm concerned.
__________________

Last edited by Last Sinner; 2011-12-09 at 12:07.
Last Sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-09, 17:44   Link #3883
Thess
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Aren't they all supposed to be parallel worlds (Ataraxia being the fourth one?). But from a narrative POV, HF is the "grand finale" of the story. I felt like Fate was the First chapter where it builds suspense, UBW the second one that exposes the conflict further. In comparison, HF brings a resolution. Pretty sure Nasu prefers Sakura as Shirou's love interest, Saber's just stamped as 'main heroine' because she's the most popular (although, not sure if she's popular with Shirou or just with herself. I like Saber a lot more than Sakura as character, but the Shirou/Saber pairing less than Sakura/Shirou).

Ataraxia feels like the Epilogue (resolving the story of the great force behind Fate, not Shirou, but Angra Mainyu).

Prologue is... the Prologue.
__________________

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Thess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-09, 20:20   Link #3884
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: USA
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
You raised my hopes (of an official American release) and dashed them brilliantly. Bravo.
Same here, haha.

Not that it'd make a difference since I already bought the PC version, but yeah.
__________________
DragoZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-10, 04:47   Link #3885
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
Aren't they all supposed to be parallel worlds (Ataraxia being the fourth one?). But from a narrative POV, HF is the "grand finale" of the story. I felt like Fate was the First chapter where it builds suspense, UBW the second one that exposes the conflict further. In comparison, HF brings a resolution. Pretty sure Nasu prefers Sakura as Shirou's love interest, Saber's just stamped as 'main heroine' because she's the most popular (although, not sure if she's popular with Shirou or just with herself. I like Saber a lot more than Sakura as character, but the Shirou/Saber pairing less than Sakura/Shirou).

Ataraxia feels like the Epilogue (resolving the story of the great force behind Fate, not Shirou, but Angra Mainyu).

Prologue is... the Prologue.
The Irony of F/SN is the idea that a Visual Novel is meant to have seperate routes because well all are equal and not one route is more important the the other, but with the way things were set up, it made the reader go through route after route systematically, and made the last route being HF where the love interest was Sakura sort of like the underdog of F/SN. Naturally people assume that HF is the most canon... therefore Sakura is the best pairing unless of course you are biased for another character.

However it should be nice to note that the sequel, F/HA did not follow any specific ending which implies that all endings are indeed equal and has importance based on the players own preference be it for the route or for the main heroine of the particular route. While the setup was there moving from route to route till the "grand finale", all routes are equally canon hence why its a visual novel, the brilliance of Nasu as a writer I supposed.

I would not say the Sakura is Nasu's prefered heroine more likely the only one who could fit the story that he wanted to tell in HF which was a about a boy who could only protect the people he wants to protect compared to the idealistic view he had in the Fate route. If Sakura was the prefered heroine IMO she would not have been protrayed in such a way that was focused on building sympathy in readers especially through the absence of closure within the first 2 routes, as shown by many people's previous posts.

The focus on sympathy made her less likable compared to Rin and Saber who are, by far more popular as female characters in the Nasu verse. In terms of which couple is generally prefered I assume it will be the latter 2 instead of Sakura who is not liked as much as the other 2. However circumstances made her the heroine of HF and thus because of the setup of the routes the most "canon" perhaps only in appearance.
__________________
Nothing is Impossible
BladeEntity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-10, 05:37   Link #3886
Thess
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeEntity View Post
The Irony of F/SN is the idea that a Visual Novel is meant to have seperate routes because well all are equal and not one route is more important the the other, but with the way things were set up, it made the reader go through route after route systematically, and made the last route being HF where the love interest was Sakura sort of like the underdog of F/SN. Naturally people assume that HF is the most canon... therefore Sakura is the best pairing unless of course you are biased for another character.
I disagree.

I don't think Sakura is the 'underdog' by a mile in the terms of Shirou romance in the Visual Novel, in fact it seems the opposite to me. She's the only girl with who Shirou seems to have an adult relationship with and risks everything for in the ending. We see how they are in an adult relationship later on after two years. Failure of that is... Kiritsugu end. She seems to be his Iri.

And the rest?

His love for Saber was always portrayed as a bittersweet departure (aside of the Realta Nua ending, which is not really included in the original version: aka they are throwing a bone to the fanboys). Something that isn't as much as romance but the validation of their paths that give them peace of mind. It's a beautiful ideal love, but they don't really have a relationship at all.

Rin's relationship with Shirou is basically girlfriend/boyfriend stuff of teenagers. Nothing really big or remotely seemly lasting. Shirou's hardly Rin's ideal lover. She's more than happy to get Saber too when she stays (and who does she jumps to willingly and eagerly sex up in Fate route? Yeah, Saber). This is one of the things I like of Rin, she shouldn't settle down so easily.

Yes, Rin and Saber got face time in acts (but because Sakura, just like Archer, overdose would steer the plot in other direction. If Bazett wasn't Trollomined, she would have won the 5th War, you know? Then we wouldn't have FSN at all, more like Fate/ POW POW Irish Night. So that lack of spotlight serves a purpose), but as far as romantic heroine? We never see them in an adult relationship like Sakura and Shirou, who had been spending time together for years prior. You can say Rin also got the shaft, she plays the role of sidekick in all the routes, but the Prologue. Even her own which is more "Shirou's route" (according to Tiger Dojo) while Saber and Sakura (in particular Sakura) get the focus on theirs. Saber gets the shaft too, since she never ends up with Shirou in a relationship at all, just in love.

All of them do in a way. Even Bazett who is a protagonist, never gets a H scene.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeEntity View Post
However it should be nice to note that the sequel, F/HA did not follow any specific ending which implies that all endings are indeed equal and has importance based on the players own preference be it for the route or for the main heroine of the particular route. While the setup was there moving from route to route till the "grand finale", all routes are equally canon hence why its a visual novel, the brilliance of Nasu as a writer I supposed.
It did not follow any route in particular because HA is supposed to be a parallel world (according to Nasu? He referred it as that in an interview about contradictions), same thing with the routes. All is canon, but... it's constructed in such a way (in narrative sense) that follows a structure.

HF is canonically referred as the grand finale that gives an 'answer' to the 'question' proposed in the first two routes ("How should Shirou live?").

Also, the focus on HA is not Shirou, but Avenger, Bazett and Caren. Shirou is only there briefly. He also has zero characterization, so his state of romance isn't very important. Our hero is Angra Mainyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeEntity View Post
I would not say the Sakura is Nasu's prefered heroine more likely the only one who could fit the story that he wanted to tell in HF which was a about a boy who could only protect the people he wants to protect compared to the idealistic view he had in the Fate route. If Sakura was the prefered heroine IMO she would not have been protrayed in such a way that was focused on building sympathy in readers especially through the absence of closure within the first 2 routes, as shown by many people's previous posts.
I think that Nasu said that Sakura is Shirou's first pick between the heroines or something like that, in his opinion. Even if Saber is the most popular heroine. He wrote the routes, he separated Saber and Shirou, while he made Sakura and Shirou live in a relationship for two years and counting, so he doesn't need to spell it aloud. His original writing speaks louder than words, right? I like the three pairings.

He built the same sympathy for Archer and for Saber (seriously, those dreams that Shirou watched her suffer all alone and blah blah blah? Same with Rin watching Archer's struggle). Sakura got a stronger focus because she in general is the focus of the plot. They were all redundant written sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeEntity View Post
The focus on sympathy made her less likable compared to Rin and Saber who are, by far more popular as female characters in the Nasu verse. In terms of which couple is generally prefered I assume it will be the latter 2 instead of Sakura who is not liked as much as the other 2. However circumstances made her the heroine of HF and thus because of the setup of the routes the most "canon" perhaps only in appearance.
Once again, nobody is saying a route is more 'canon' than the others. But that Shirou's character journey formally concluded in HF (hollow ataraxia, once again, isn't about him at all). Same as Rin's (and Sakura's). Whoever he's dating isn't important but the man he has become, he's finally found his own way rather than faking someone else. He's a new self made man (in more ways than others). As contrast, Saber's journey concluded in Fate. I dislike her portrayal in the other routes because I feel she's more a plot device to portray a stage of Shirou's ideal dilemna than a character like she was in Fate route (like UBW: Shirou loses his mastership of Saber = probably symbolic of his ideals shaking. In HF, he doesn't only lose Saber as Master but he kills her. She is the embodiment of his ideals there and killing her, means completely forsaking them. So yeah. I kind of disliked that a bit, being a Saber fan. Sure, she does cool stuff, but I can't shake off that feeling she's just a tool like Sakura was in the two other routes where she was the symbol of 'domestic normal bliss'. Ugh).

About the rest: Circumstances made Saber and Rin heroines too. And made Shirou a protagonist.

Shirou always focuses on sympathy. He loved Saber and Rin for their vulnerability (besides their assets) rather than their strengths (which always found slightly creepy, but it fits Shirou rather messed up mind) in the beginning. It was very drilled to my head that Shirou became smitten with Saber because of how pitiful she looked in that bloodstained hill and so on. Likewise, it was the time Rin was struggling with her hardships as magus like when the bloodfort Andromeda was activated and there was this Moment of Weakness (although this was less dwelled on because Rin was hardly a focus on UBW).

Why else in the routes that they don't display those weak sides, he friendzones them, hmm? It is all about looking at the vulnerable angles for him. The struggling girl who are caught in grim circumstances. In fact, there's also an element he's indebted to them (Saber for protecting him in Fate, Rin for saving his life in UBW after he realizes).

The very same as Sakura, IMO. Who fits these very same parameters.

Sakura is not really that unpopular. Unfortunately, my favorite Fate girl, Bazett, is miles more unpopular than Sakura is (who is among the top ten in the latest Type Moon survey I’ve seen). Shirou is not even in the top ten at all.

Does Archer replace Shirou as 'Harem lead' because he's overwhelmingly more popular as male character? Nope. It doesn't mean anything.

Hell, Kohaku is vastly more popular than say Ciel or Hisui yet when promoting Tsukihime Heroines, they push her as same as Hisui in importance and make Ciel way more prominent.

Edit: Lol Lancer beat Shirou in the 2009 poll too.
__________________

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"

Last edited by Thess; 2011-12-10 at 06:22.
Thess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-10, 06:40   Link #3887
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
I disagree.

I don't think Sakura is the 'underdog' by a mile in the terms of Shirou romance in FSN. It's pretty clear she's the girl of Shirou's life, IMO. She's the only girl with who Shirou seems to have an adult relationship with and risks everything for in the ending. We see how they are in an adult relationship later on after two years.

His love for Saber was always portrayed as a bittersweet departure (aside of the Realta Nua ending, which is not really included in the original version: aka they are throwing a bone to the fanboys). Something that isn't as much as romance but the validation of their paths that give them peace of mind. It's a beautiful ideal love, but they don't really have a relationship at all.
Basically Shirou's has his annoying hero complex!! IMO beacuse Sakura was portrayed as childhood friend/wife type of heroine which would make it seem like they have an adult relationship. I would say that it is a great way to desribe Saber and Shirou's as idea love as, both characters are extremely idealistic during the route in which they are in love. However once again due to circumstances they could not have that relationship. Unfortunately the relationship I liked the most is determined by how much I like the heroine, in this case I am baised.

Considering the fact the Nasu chose to make it into a VN instead of other media where just HF was the focus, showed that while he had his own personal preference i.e Sakura, the fact that it is a VN I think shows that he accepted and appreaciated the characters of Rin and Saber as similarly canon endings.

I say this again, from a narative perpective the 3 routes came together to build a story based around Shirou and how his nature changed according to cirumstances and the main heroine.
__________________
Nothing is Impossible
BladeEntity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-10, 13:23   Link #3888
Thess
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeEntity View Post
Basically Shirou's has his annoying hero complex!! IMO beacuse Sakura was portrayed as childhood friend/wife type of heroine which would make it seem like they have an adult relationship. I would say that it is a great way to desribe Saber and Shirou's as idea love as, both characters are extremely idealistic during the route in which they are in love. However once again due to circumstances they could not have that relationship. Unfortunately the relationship I liked the most is determined by how much I like the heroine, in this case I am baised.
They are adults and in a relationship with each other at the end, after many hardships. That's what you expect from real life.

The love Saber and Shirou share is beautiful but unsubstantial. It isn't 'real' in the sense of a concrete relationship. Sakura is the heroine who gets a solid romantic development (over a year before the war starts). Rin gets one too, but it's more teenage stuff and she has vaguely known Shirou as well. As contrast Saber knows Shirou for... 12 days. It's feels like an 'in love with being in love' case.

We don't really know if they would last as couple, you know, because there's more in a relationship than that. Sakura has gone past the honeymoon stage already (when there is commitment).

I like Saber the most, and Saber/Shirou as pairing second, but I think that logical-wise, it's likely the worst developed in terms of realism. It doesn't resolve any of Shirou's issues either. It's mostly beneficial for Saber (not that I complain lol Since she needed that to be at peace).

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeEntity View Post
Considering the fact the Nasu chose to make it into a VN instead of other media where just HF was the focus, showed that while he had his own personal preference i.e Sakura, the fact that it is a VN I think shows that he accepted and appreaciated the characters of Rin and Saber as similarly canon endings.
Re-read what I said: the endings are all canon, but only in HF we see the conclusion of Shirou's journey as character. That's what they called it "Grand Finale" in the Tiger Dojo, IMO, and why Shirou found his Answer. It isn't much Sakura, but his lifestyle. Of course, it relates to her as the Loved One/Iri figure. But you could have had Illya in that position too.

Who he's sleeping with shouldn't be important.

See, this annoys me occasionally. Why fans care about that, anyway? One of the things I loved of Hollow Ataraxia is that the main female character (Bazett) was the only one (aside of Caster) who never got a H-scene with the male protagonist and yet their bond was more important than that. That was extremely refreshing personally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeEntity View Post
I say this again, from a narrative perspective the 3 routes came together to build a story based around Shirou and how his nature changed according to circumstances and the main heroine.
The routes were mean to reflect something else too. It's not about who he's having sex with but his hero's journey. That's why Fate/UBW are said to ask a question and HF ends with its answer. Which is why fans think of it as conclusion for Shirou's story, it has nothing to do with Sakura (although she's a connected to this, it's not really what matters when people say that, IMO), but his way of life. Saber didn't need or want a live with Shirou, either which is what I like of her (but what made the pairing less romantic).
__________________

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Thess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-10, 13:40   Link #3889
Haak
Forever Alone...
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: UK
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
(aside of the Realta Nua ending, which is not really included in the original version: aka they are throwing a bone to the fanboys).
This is pretty much one of the two minor bits that I disagree with, because otherwise i think you've made some excellent points all round.

I don't really see why it has to be considered a bone to the fanboys just because it was added in later (Because personally i also thought the relationship between Saber and Shirou was really weak, until I read Last Episode, at which point I became a massive fan). It's more than possible that it could be another "answer" to the question, which leads me to the next point.

Quote:
HF is canonically referred as the grand finale that gives an 'answer' to the 'question' proposed in the first two routes ("How should Shirou live?").
Ilya specifically said that it was "one of the answers". Now maybe that was just bad a bad translation but I'd like to believe there was more than one. I think if there was an Ilya's route, that would've been one as well.
__________________
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-10, 13:49   Link #3890
Thess
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
This is pretty much one of the two minor bits that I disagree with, because otherwise i think you've made some excellent points all round.

I don't really see why it has to be considered a bone to the fanboys just because it was added in later (Because personally i also thought the relationship between Saber and Shirou was really weak, until I read Last Episode, at which point I became a massive fan). It's more than possible that it could be another "answer" to the question, which leads me to the next point.
It wasn't included in the visual novel... so yeah, I don't really see it as True ending, more like a bonus Good Ending.

I have a love/hate relationship with that ending myself. Is it romantic and well written? It is, but I hate the whole woman waiting for her man cliché. I didn't like it in Cherry Blossom's dream and I didn't like it in Last Episode. In Cherry Blossom's Dream, I chalk it out with Sakura's emotional state, but King Arthur... waiting endlessly for a Japanese high schooler she met for less than two weeks? Naaaaah, no thanks. I don't think so. Japanese are enamored with this cliché (they find it romantic), but I'm not that fond of it. I loved how the story ended with Saber's peace, so anything beyond that becomes a footnote. At least they could have added her faithful knights waiting with her. It also seems a little contradictory with the resolution of their ending since both of them parted ways and accepted this without sorrow. I never found that outcome sad...? Since Saber was content.

Saber is not Sakura, so to have her wait like Sakura does is pretty damn jarring. For the record, Rin wouldn't do the same either. The endings were distinct from each others.

...I wouldn't say that this has to do with the answer because it links to the Fate Route (which was proposing the question and, once again, we don't see Shirou 'living' his life lol).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Ilya specifically said that it was "one of the answers". Now maybe that was just bad a bad translation but I'd like to believe there was more than one. I think if there was an Ilya's route, that would've been one as well.
It could be. This I entirely think is likely (unlike the other).

Being Illya's suffering. ;-;
__________________

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Thess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-10, 14:00   Link #3891
Haak
Forever Alone...
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: UK
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
It wasn't included in the visual novel... so yeah, I don't really see it as True ending, more like a bonus Good Ending.

I have a love/hate relationship with that ending myself. Is it romantic and well written? It is, but I hate the whole woman waiting for her man cliché. I didn't like it in Cherry Blossom's dream and I didn't like it in Last Episode. In Cherry Blossom's Dream, I chalk it out with Sakura's emotional state, but King Arthur... waiting endlessly for a Japanese high schooler she met for less than two weeks? Naaaaah, no thanks. I don't think so. Japanese are enamored with this cliché (they find it romantic), but I'm not that fond of it. I loved how the story ended with Saber's peace, so anything beyond that becomes a footnote. At least they could have added her faithful knights waiting with her. It also seems a little contradictory with the resolution of their ending since both of them parted ways and accepted this without sorrow. I never found that outcome sad...? Since Saber was content.

Saber is not Sakura, so to have her wait like Sakura does is pretty damn jarring. For the record, Rin wouldn't do the same either. The endings were distinct from each others.
Hmm good point. What I liked about that ending was Saber finding her peace too. Yeah, waitng for a Japanese highschooler is a a degree of pandering that I couldn't help but notice too but if I can get round the obvious genderbending...

I don't agree with Saber not being a able to wait, though. I think it's perfectly in line.


Quote:
It could be. ;_;

Being Illya's suffering.
Just to be clear, I'd actually rather it be non-romantic. I suppose that's why it never happened. You can't make a serious story about love with a loli...
__________________
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-10, 14:19   Link #3892
Thess
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Hmm good point. What I liked about that ending was Saber finding her peace too. Yeah, waitng for a Japanese highschooler is a a degree of pandering that I couldn't help but notice too but if I can get round the obvious genderbending...

I don't agree with Saber not being a able to wait, though. I think it's perfectly in line.
It bothers me because Saber wouldn't really wait. It feels like she had to bear the burden of wait (which is even sadder: postponing resolution) instead of find peace straightaway like the Continuation of a Dream resolution, see? It's like the Sakura's Cherry Blossom Memory ending. Only up to Eleven since she was alone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Just to be clear, I'd actually rather it be non-romantic. I suppose that's why it never happened. You can't make a serious story about love with a loli...
Sure you can. What if along the way, somehow she grows up into Iri Level Hotness and her true age.

It would be nice to have Illya route because might be the Archer-creation one? It's promising. That's an Answer (even if the wrong one?).
__________________

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Thess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-10, 14:38   Link #3893
Haak
Forever Alone...
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: UK
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
It bothers me because Saber wouldn't really wait. It feels like she had to bear the burden of wait (which is even sadder: postponing resolution) instead of find peace straightaway like the Continuation of a Dream resolution, see? It's like the Sakura's Cherry Blossom Memory ending. Only up to Eleven since she was alone.
I think the Continuation of Dream did at least give her some degree of resolution so it's not like she had nothing, like Sakura. And plus it was a sort of resolution for Shirou as well who had to endure all sorts of hardships to get there.

Quote:
Sure you can. What if along the way, somehow she grows up into Iri Level Hotness and her true age.

It would be nice to have Illya route because might be the Archer-creation one? It's promising. That's an Answer (even if the wrong one?).
Then the loli fans will complain to no end.

I think Ilya said something about making sure she wouldn't let Shirou go down that route, as well. It's hard to imagine Ilya letting him go down that route anyway...
__________________

Last edited by Haak; 2011-12-10 at 17:08.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-10, 14:48   Link #3894
GDB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
It bothers me because Saber wouldn't really wait. It feels like she had to bear the burden of wait (which is even sadder: postponing resolution) instead of find peace straightaway like the Continuation of a Dream resolution, see? It's like the Sakura's Cherry Blossom Memory ending. Only up to Eleven since she was alone.
Her afterlife in Avalon would have the same number of people up until that point either way. The only difference is whether she was waiting for Shirou or not. It's not as if she were sitting in purgatory, unable to cross over because she was waiting for him.

Quote:
What if along the way, somehow she grows up into Iri Level Hotness and her true age.
I think that'd be more of an epilogue than mid-story. She has to switch bodies at some point within a year of the war ending anyway or else she'd end up dead, ala the Fate route.
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-10, 14:58   Link #3895
Haak
Forever Alone...
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: UK
Age: 23
I also want to make the point the main reason I think Ilya's route would be another "answer" is because of my personal theory that Ilya is actually more similar to Ryougi Shiki/Kohaku than any other FSN character. I'd like to elaborate but can't right now, but trust me it's not as crazy as it sounds...

[EDIT]

Spoiler for NOT a crazy theory:
__________________

Last edited by Haak; 2011-12-10 at 16:28.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-10, 17:26   Link #3896
Ragna92
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Quote:
HF brings a resolution. Pretty sure Nasu prefers Sakura as Shirou's love interest, Saber's just stamped as 'main heroine' because she's the most popular (although, not sure if she's popular with Shirou or just with herself. I like Saber a lot more than Sakura as character, but the Shirou/Saber pairing less than Sakura/Shirou).
Well Saber is pretty much stamped is the main heroine because she is the first heroine. Plus not only is she the most popular heroine she is the most popular in the franchise period(P.S. I'm surprised the bisexual girl isn't more popular then her). Realistically speaking though FSN doesn't have 1 main heroine.

I agree about the Sakura/Shirou thing, even though I like Rin and Saber much more then Sakura, when it comes to relationships with Shirou, Sakura fits the best. Plus I like Rin/Saber as characters more then just being the main characters lover.

Last edited by Ragna92; 2011-12-10 at 23:55.
Ragna92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-10, 18:17   Link #3897
Cherry_Lover
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
If there was an Ilya route, I think it would be about stopping her from fulfilling the Holy Grail process and she’s conflicted in whether she can trust Shirou after seeing him kill Sakura. In my opinion Ilya’s route would’ve started off after killing Sakura in the church the same way you can only progress to Akiha, Hisui and Kohaku when you kill Sacchin.
I don't think that is true, actually. It would likely have split from that decision, but there's no way that MoS Shirou could get into an Ilya route. He's just too cold and devoted to his "ideal". Most likely, Shirou would refuse to kill Sakura, but would want to protect Ilya instead. Or, he would just abandon Sakura and talk to Ilya....
Cherry_Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-10, 18:37   Link #3898
Haak
Forever Alone...
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: UK
Age: 23
I think it's impossible to say what MoS Shirou would be like but I can easily see him regretting his decision.
__________________
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-10, 18:39   Link #3899
Cherry_Lover
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I think it's impossible to say what MoS Shirou would be like but I can easily see him regretting his decision.
Honestly, I think it's too late. If he "regrets his decision", he'd fall apart under the strain of essentially being a murderer.
Cherry_Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-10, 19:01   Link #3900
Haak
Forever Alone...
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: UK
Age: 23
I think he would have mixed emotions but not quite fullblown regret until after he decides he needs to save Ilya. But I can also see him falling apart but manage to bring himself back just in time for Ilya (and then break down again - at which point Archerko will emerge in all her glory). Or alternatively he could decide to undo his deed by actually fighting for the Holy Grail at first.
__________________
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
fate/stay night, visual novel

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:10.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.