AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-02-01, 12:01   Link #1061
Deadwings
Heaven's Nightmare
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Why should you care?
Age: 25
Hi! I'm finally able to play F/SN for the first time (yupii!) and well just a little doubt I have. I was in what I guess is the Fate route and I was really looking forward to see the Archer vs Berseker scene in the castle, like in the anime. But Shirou run away, he had sex, the interlude came explaining a few things but no Archer vs Berseker. Is it like that or was it me making some bad choices? (I actually don't think so but just to be sure :P)
__________________
Even with the highest hopes...
Even with the greatest dreams...
There's no use, if your wings can't fly...
Deadwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-01, 15:27   Link #1062
aldw
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadwings View Post
Hi! I'm finally able to play F/SN for the first time (yupii!) and well just a little doubt I have. I was in what I guess is the Fate route and I was really looking forward to see the Archer vs Berseker scene in the castle, like in the anime. But Shirou run away, he had sex, the interlude came explaining a few things but no Archer vs Berseker. Is it like that or was it me making some bad choices? (I actually don't think so but just to be sure :P)
That does seem to be the normal progression, so there's nothing to be concerned about.
aldw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-01, 19:58   Link #1063
Lelouch*Vi*Britannia
Anti-Britannia Rebel God
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: No where...
Quote:
Originally Posted by rastilin View Post
Wow, huh, that's pretty strange. Try running it through Applocale with English as your computer's language. See if that works.
tried it yesterday, still has the same problem...
Lelouch*Vi*Britannia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-01, 22:50   Link #1064
rastilin
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Quote:
tried it yesterday, still has the same problem...
That's all the obvious things I could think of. I'm assuming it's trying to write to the hard drive and failing, if it's printing out an access error; it's probably because the OS sends a message back saying "you can't write here".

This is going to sound painful. But try setting up a Windows XP virtual machine and firing it up inside that. It should run perfectly, but if it doesn't, you'll know your copy of the game is defective.
rastilin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-02, 09:06   Link #1065
Lelouch*Vi*Britannia
Anti-Britannia Rebel God
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: No where...
Quote:
Originally Posted by rastilin View Post
That's all the obvious things I could think of. I'm assuming it's trying to write to the hard drive and failing, if it's printing out an access error; it's probably because the OS sends a message back saying "you can't write here".

This is going to sound painful. But try setting up a Windows XP virtual machine and firing it up inside that. It should run perfectly, but if it doesn't, you'll know your copy of the game is defective.
meh, guess I can try that... and I guess Fate Unlimited Codes can buy me some time...

Oh and also I can't seem to find the save folder in my Fate Hollow Ataraxia, maybe that's the problem!

Last edited by Lelouch*Vi*Britannia; 2009-02-02 at 22:22.
Lelouch*Vi*Britannia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-05, 22:24   Link #1066
MFSxA
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Where Rei Ayanami is...or prolly dreaming.
Finished the Fate route a few days ago, thinking about it I like it save the part that Saber has to die and they can't be together.

At the same time, I guess the decision to continue such event, even though Shirou new of the consequences, makes it bitter and sweet. They never really needed the grail, and for that misconception, Saber and Shirou were able to meet. Just pisses me off that you found something important and that you have to leave it.

Hmm, biased, but yeah the Grail is a destructive object that needs to be destroyed. The good of others takes a higher priority over one's romance. And each character knew well, what they had to do.

I was browsing the forums and I really could not get a clear cut answer, based on the posts, so my query is:

1. What happened in the two UBW endings?
a. What happened to Saber?
b. What was the relationship that Saber had with Shirou in this path?

2. What happened in the two HF endings?
a. What happened to Saber?
b. What was the relationship that Saber had with Shirou in this path?

3. What happened to the secret ending in the PS2?
a. Which route is this ending based upon?
b. Anything "Saber" about this ending?

4. Are there vids or pics where I can see these endings?

Been thinking of playing through them, but I think I'll only get distracted and fuss over it if I don't get my biased Saber ending - like my current obsession on reading all other FSN stuff over the net just to find out more about "Saber possibilities."
MFSxA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-06, 09:32   Link #1067
kaizer63
Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Send a message via AIM to kaizer63
Spoiler:


Without giving anything away (because you really ought to play the remaining two routes without being spoiled) there is no more Shirou/Saber love and in all but the UBW Good ending Saber disappears like a servant should after the war. In UBWG she becomes a familiar. UBW and HF are where the other two girls shine. But trust me, by the end of either of those routes you won't even care that Saber never gets her happy ending.

The Last Episode ending for the PS2 version is as close as you get in all its ambiguity. Saber and Shirou most definitely meet again, but they're either dead or dreaming; tis' a little unclear.
__________________
kaizer63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-06, 10:12   Link #1068
MFSxA
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Where Rei Ayanami is...or prolly dreaming.
Yeah, I guess I should get on the other two routes and see the development of Rin and Sakura.

But I'm gonna definitely check out that UBWG ending first, at least Saber doesn't die. Now I'm wondering if dieing is better than being a familiar. Gonna start asap.

Thanks for the info, will check em out.
MFSxA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-07, 14:31   Link #1069
Lelouch*Vi*Britannia
Anti-Britannia Rebel God
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: No where...
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaizer63 View Post
Spoiler:


Without giving anything away (because you really ought to play the remaining two routes without being spoiled) there is no more Shirou/Saber love and in all but the UBW Good ending Saber disappears like a servant should after the war. In UBWG she becomes a familiar. UBW and HF are where the other two girls shine. But trust me, by the end of either of those routes you won't even care that Saber never gets her happy ending.

The Last Episode ending for the PS2 version is as close as you get in all its ambiguity. Saber and Shirou most definitely meet again, but they're either dead or dreaming; tis' a little unclear.
Actually, I think it was clarified, in the Last Episode that Shirou died as a hero and ended up in Avalon... where he and Saber will live happily ever after...

And I'm still trying to get Fate Hollow Ataraxia working, but it's failing right now... Not only can I not save, once I click on one of the save files, I can't get back to the entrance! I think it has something to do with the fact I can't find the Fate HA save folder...
Lelouch*Vi*Britannia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-07, 18:32   Link #1070
Nosauz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Age: 25
UBW is definitely my favorite tree, but I hear that Heaven's Feel is canon, am i right or are all three tree's supposed to be canon

Spoiler:


ya u definitely shouldn't play the game with spoilers, the interactions are awesome. I'll give you a heads up, in UBW both endings are pretty much happy endings for everbody. Though when I was orginally playing the game, I wished they put some fuginee junk in there cause that would have been hawt, just my imo but still I know some of you would agree that lots of dialogue seemed to lead that way. Though I remembered I died quite a couple of times because of this infatuation.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-07, 22:24   Link #1071
rastilin
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
All the routes are supposed to be equally canon, although Heaven's Feel is a big infatuation of people who write Doujin games. For some reason, I despise it personally.
rastilin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-07, 23:10   Link #1072
aldw
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by rastilin View Post
All the routes are supposed to be equally canon, although Heaven's Feel is a big infatuation of people who write Doujin games. For some reason, I despise it personally.
Quite a lot of people despise it actually, it seems more like a separate game than a plausible route compared to Fate and UBW. I've heard rumors that it was even supposed to be Illya's route but was changed at the last minute, which would add to the feeling of disjointedness.
aldw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-10, 21:25   Link #1073
Nosauz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Age: 25
Thanks for the heads up, because personally I understood the progression in shiro's development but I'm just a sickly Rin fan, and man do wuv her. She is definitely my favorite heroine, I think it might have been the whole tsundere thing in the begining while she interacts with shiro, but for me I always felt that sakura's route was just awkard because she really isn't that present in the other routes compared to saber/rin. Overall I think this the problem with Vn's that get changed into animes, since animes seem to have more clout its hard to seperate what is more canonical and since most vn's do have a true end it makes it confusing when we discuss fsn the game
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-10, 23:26   Link #1074
aldw
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
Thanks for the heads up, because personally I understood the progression in shiro's development but I'm just a sickly Rin fan, and man do wuv her. She is definitely my favorite heroine, I think it might have been the whole tsundere thing in the begining while she interacts with shiro, but for me I always felt that sakura's route was just awkard because she really isn't that present in the other routes compared to saber/rin. Overall I think this the problem with Vn's that get changed into animes, since animes seem to have more clout its hard to seperate what is more canonical and since most vn's do have a true end it makes it confusing when we discuss fsn the game
As a Rin fan myself, I've always preferred RinxShirou because that relationship best allows Shirou to grow as a person yet also be a master of magic, and Rin's development as shown in the UBW true end is very sweet too.
aldw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-10, 23:34   Link #1075
Nosauz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Age: 25
see the thing is I'm not actually a tsundere fan at all. Consider your typical tsundere voiced by rie, like louise fron znt or shana for shakugan no shana, those tsundere characters are no where near my favorites in their respective series but Rin is something different, shes not blatantly tsundere with shirou but shes guarded enough that it isn't obvious to shirou but its still quite obvious to us. The only thing I had problem with in UBW was in the ero scene, her hair was brown.... wtf, its not like i didn't no it was rin but it just felt awkward. Also the prologue is what really brought me into the Rin fold, her interaction with archer is definitely one of the best dynamics in the game, but I mean its natural for them to have that chemistry since shirou is archer.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-16, 10:36   Link #1076
Altima of the Gates
Casting a spell on you...
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Where there are no mallets or tentacles.... and the female cast of Tenjou Tenge is mine, all mine!
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to Altima of the Gates Send a message via MSN to Altima of the Gates Send a message via Yahoo to Altima of the Gates
Well, the problem here is that saying that some people despise Heaven's Feel doesn't actually say much because Ive seen just as many people say they despised Fate or UBW for whatever reasons.
As I played the game, I didn't see Heaven's Feel as too disjointed from the story, I mean, you have a deeper explanation of what was going on with Sakura in particular because it was her route. Rin just seems more fleshed out because she has many more scenes than pretty much anyone else in the entire VN.

There are places in the other routes where i could argue that you get some viable Sakura/Shirou moments, and to me, they've always had that connection that not even Rin has with him. Maybe lessening Rin's screentime a bit to make room for Sakura moments might have been in order...(j/k). Anyway, HF might not be your favorite, but I don't see what makes it any less valid than Fate or UBW.

Besides saying you despise that route is a really strong word. Might I ask the people who do, why that is? (Although I can guess.)
__________________


Thanks to kira_lacusXX for this great sig!
Altima of the Gates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-16, 14:55   Link #1077
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Canada
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altima of the Gates View Post
Well, the problem here is that saying that some people despise Heaven's Feel doesn't actually say much because Ive seen just as many people say they despised Fate or UBW for whatever reasons.
As I played the game, I didn't see Heaven's Feel as too disjointed from the story, I mean, you have a deeper explanation of what was going on with Sakura in particular because it was her route. Rin just seems more fleshed out because she has many more scenes than pretty much anyone else in the entire VN.

There are places in the other routes where i could argue that you get some viable Sakura/Shirou moments, and to me, they've always had that connection that not even Rin has with him. Maybe lessening Rin's screentime a bit to make room for Sakura moments might have been in order...(j/k). Anyway, HF might not be your favorite, but I don't see what makes it any less valid than Fate or UBW.

Besides saying you despise that route is a really strong word. Might I ask the people who do, why that is? (Although I can guess.)
My pet theory is that everyone hates HF because it crushed their poor idealism.
__________________
Kaisos Erranon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-16, 16:03   Link #1078
Nosauz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Age: 25
well the end of hf was a bittersweet one since I really liked Ilya a lot, and after reading fate/zero I like her even more. Its not that I don't like HF, its just I really enjoyed UBW, and Fate so much more, that I always come back to HF feeling down, plus the romantic tension is kind of destroyed with Sakura being a sex freak which though is enjoyable feels ooc even if she got worms in her.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-16, 21:52   Link #1079
aldw
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altima of the Gates View Post
Well, the problem here is that saying that some people despise Heaven's Feel doesn't actually say much because Ive seen just as many people say they despised Fate or UBW for whatever reasons.
As I played the game, I didn't see Heaven's Feel as too disjointed from the story, I mean, you have a deeper explanation of what was going on with Sakura in particular because it was her route. Rin just seems more fleshed out because she has many more scenes than pretty much anyone else in the entire VN.

There are places in the other routes where i could argue that you get some viable Sakura/Shirou moments, and to me, they've always had that connection that not even Rin has with him. Maybe lessening Rin's screentime a bit to make room for Sakura moments might have been in order...(j/k). Anyway, HF might not be your favorite, but I don't see what makes it any less valid than Fate or UBW.

Besides saying you despise that route is a really strong word. Might I ask the people who do, why that is? (Although I can guess.)
Oh, I know full well how the Sakura fans feel about those things, so I won't reiterate points but in terms of narrative cohesiveness for example Tsukihime routes were more consistent to each other than HF with Fate and UBW. Even when Arcueid wasn't shown much in the other routes there were still undercurrents tying things together there. Zouken and True Assassin at the very least should have had a bit more footprint in the story to speak to tie things a bit more in F/SN. All the reasons for why I dislike HF I've spoken elsewhere so I have no interest in reiterating them, but one thing that's been mentioned before here is the amount of sex scenes in HF became more of a turnoff than interesting; as the old saying goes a little goes a long way, but too much of that plus being hammered repeatedly with the pity-the-character aspects create the opposite effect. The presentation of Kohaku's torment for example in Tsukihime was more understated, and thus worked better narratively. HF could very easily have gone RinXShirou using what was shown there, just as some fic writers made SakuraxShirou using UBW, so a route can go in multiple ways. Besides, Rin gets more screentime because she is an active participant in the story as much as Shirou (she narrates the prologue after all), so the extra attention is well-deserved.

If you like HF than that's your taste, just as much as anyone else disliking it is their preference. I just don't feel that people stating their opinions need be required to self-examine or justify every single opinion in excrutiating detail a la Kaioshin-sama just to express them.
aldw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-17, 03:03   Link #1080
SirWence
Saber Loyalist
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: New England
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
My pet theory is that everyone hates HF because it crushed their poor idealism.
Hmm my basic reasons for disliking HF... The plot felt Contrived from nearly the start. I Felt no true 'flow' like I did in Fate, and UBW. Like I was being forced to make choices I wouldn't , and having 'pity me' shoved in my face on a consistent basis, horrible what happened to Sakura via the HF scenario? Yes, did she fall to her own darkness and ignore those , and in fact harm those who were as you could say her 'light' and loved and wanted to HELP her? Yes she did. Do I think Gilgamesh should have lost to her? No I don't - To Defeat Gilgamesh, Saber has Avalon.. Shiro his Reality Marble (they are each others true nemesis's ability wise UBWvsGoB).. Sakura...a contrived plot. More forced plot events. To continue a very .. unconnected story ( I speak of connections aside from characters to Fate and UBW) Crest worms What? Zouken Who? Saber with Amazing magical defense and physical defense defeated as if she were a novice.. Lancer gone in seconds? Then We have Saber Alter.. ugh etc
More or less I loved Fate and Unlimiited blade works (I also enjoyed applying later on the last episode to Fate as it seems to fit as the best way to have fate itself end) (I did all round enjoy Fate slightly more then, UBW but only very slightly)

And found very little to enjoy in HF's It felt more like work to get through it, then entertainment.

But everyone is free to their own personal tastes, and opinions. This is simply my view on it, nothing more.

Last edited by SirWence; 2009-02-17 at 03:15.
SirWence is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
fate/stay night, visual novel

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:34.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.