AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2010-01-05, 01:30   Link #1901
frenze12

Quote:
Originally Posted by willyvereb View Post
I think projecting swords at split-second rate is anything but holding back. More like a show-off. And also Lancer wasn't serious either because he faced an Archer in melee and because of the command spell.

Also Shirou DIDN't BEAT Gil in UBW. Look at the scene. He was lucky to keep up UBW that long, catched Gil completely of guard, Nasu made a complete fool out of Gil at the scene+ ignored the difference in physical abilities. And even then he probably could've defeated if Gil weren't sucked in by the Grail. And then he was saved by Archer because Gil can still somehow survive that(well that's for someone who remained standing after most of his body was thorn up by the point-blank Excaliblast).

And perhaps Gil looked down on Shirou deeply. He wanted to completely humilate him by the least effort possible. I don't think that would be the case with Archer. Actually Gil instantly skewered him with GoB as he decided to kill him. But by some thick plot armor perhaps he survived it...but this is another thing.
But if by some thick plot armor Archer too suceed chanting UBW thenprobably he has a higher chance at defeating Gil than Shirou. Still, it's debatable as Gil held back greatly as he looked down on Shirou. It's not the same against a Servant. He holds back but not that much.
Still, Archer at least have a real chance to beat Gilgamesh inside UBW. though not too much if we take out his plot armor.
Your analysis is incorrect, a Gil that isn't serious wouldn't throw out his ace (EA) if he easily could win by using another noble phantasm. And he deffinately wouldn't let his arm getting cut let alone swallow up his oversized pride and say to Shirou " So you are stronger than me in this place"

The excaliber slash was also used against archer in HA and he could also say some last words, there is nothing special about this.
frenze12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-08, 08:06   Link #1902
Aqua Knight

Shirou defeated Saber Alter in HF End 38 with Kanshou and Bakuya overedge,right?
Aqua Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-08, 14:57   Link #1903
Nevflinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17th_warrior View Post
Shirou defeated Saber Alter in HF End 38 with Kanshou and Bakuya overedge,right?
The Manly Ending, yes. And boy, that was so manly it was perfect. Give me that over the HF True and Normal endings any day.
Old 2010-01-08, 16:08   Link #1904
Repelsteeltju
DRRR!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17th_warrior View Post
No iirc he threw his swords at her (2 pairs) and used that opening to end her life... A move called Crane Wing Three Ream he learnd from the GARM.

Overedge was what Archer did to them in the anime original fight vs Berserker...
Natsu liked them so mutch they are now cannon, but I don't they appear in any of his works.
Spoiler for Overedge:

This should go to the Q&A topic btw.
Repelsteeltju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-08, 16:16   Link #1905
Aqua Knight

No they were definitely overedged, well in Realta Nua, certainly.
Judging from the vid below, though I can be mistaken.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zj6pJNwwq4A
Old 2010-01-11, 02:06   Link #1906
Angrypokstick
So....its you.....

Dude you fail to see the logic here .No its not overedge. overedge was created in the anime which came out after the game. so how can it be HF when it wasn't even conceived and i played the much more recent real ta nua version which still didn't suggest anywhere that shirou knows overedge. Besides if you played Unlimited code you will know that archer's crane wing attack finishes with an overedge while shirou's finish with regular kanshou and baykuya.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwXVGHirzkI

Last edited by Angrypokstick; 2010-01-11 at 02:19.
Angrypokstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-11, 09:41   Link #1907
Aqua Knight

Ok, you're right about swords.
And Shirou indeed finishes without overedge in Unlimted Codes.
Old 2010-01-16, 15:46   Link #1908
NingenNoNakuKoroNi

Original Fate-Stay Night -HELP NEEDED-

So, I just tried installing the original Fate-Stay Night game by TYPE-MOON onto my computer and I'm having some issue getting it to run... Whenever I try to get the game to work, an error message pops up saying "can not open splash.bmp." Looking in the program file, I can see that no such file exists...

Can anybody help me out here? If you have Fate-Stay Night on your computer, could you please send me the splash.bmp file via Megaupload or something like that? I've been waiting forever to play this game and not having it work when I finally get my hands on it is incredibly frustrating....

Help?
NingenNoNakuKoroNi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-16, 18:02   Link #1909
BakuDan
Let's count up your sins!

When you said installing, is it by FSN cd or by patch?
BakuDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-16, 22:50   Link #1910
Seitsuki
Onee!

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=O81ZTBMG
that's mine, patched bmp.
see if it helps
Old 2010-01-19, 19:41   Link #1911
NingenNoNakuKoroNi

Quote:
Originally Posted by BakuDan View Post
When you said installing, is it by FSN cd or by patch?
It was a patch.... And thanks, Mikita! I'll see if it works 83
Old 2010-01-19, 19:54   Link #1912
NingenNoNakuKoroNi

It works! Thanks a ton ^^ I'll be buying the game as soon as it becomes available in my country (meaning I'll probably find it at a convention somewhere)
Old 2010-01-21, 01:46   Link #1913
Seitsuki
Onee!

double post! *whacks with newspaper* glad to help ;D enjoy a premier VN experience (with added fanservice! ♪)
Old 2010-01-29, 15:59   Link #1914
shadowfang2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevflinn View Post
The Manly Ending, yes. And boy, that was so manly it was perfect. Give me that over the HF True and Normal endings any day.
lol u know there are 3 endings for HF. 2 good ending and the true ending
Spoiler for F/SN HF!! true ending:
shadowfang2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-16, 04:59   Link #1915
DummyInc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murasaki View Post
Pity there's no patch make FSN completely into Realta Nua. There's one that adds some CG but not all. Because this picture makes me wanna play it.
Spoiler for this:

Also why did Shirou have and ero-dream about Tohsaka in HF?
aww din know saber is so good in Fellatio, just seeing love making scene with rin, made me go crazy
Old 2010-02-28, 17:00   Link #1916
jesta

I was going through the bad endings today and came across a dojo that mentioned a scenario that was removed from the english game.

Is there a patch to add this scenario back in? Is it a full arc like fate/ulbw or is simply a missing h scene of Iya?
jesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-01, 14:00   Link #1917
Repelsteeltju
DRRR!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesta View Post
I was going through the bad endings today and came across a dojo that mentioned a scenario that was removed from the english game.
There is no English game...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesta View Post
Is there a patch to add this scenario back in? Is it a full arc like fate/ulbw or is simply a missing h scene of Iya?
An H-scene with Illya in it? Don't make me laugh. Natsu shure as hell isn't generous enough to put that in his game.

I will never live to see the omitted Illya route... And neither will you.

PS my cat wanted you to know:
tttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt ttttttttttttttttttttttt[-0pppppppppppppppp,m=

(Yeah I don't know what it means either but my cat wrote it so it must be something important)
Repelsteeltju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-08, 15:10   Link #1918
Flinch
Onii-chan~

Send a message via AIM to Flinch Send a message via MSN to Flinch Send a message via Skype™ to Flinch
the Ilya route was supposed to be much darker and messed up that HF was. Ironically, HF would've been the name for Ilya's route (reference to any of you who actually know what Heaven's Feel means). Apparently, Rin, Sakura, and Saber all die in it, as did Beserker (I believe Taiga died as well). As such, Shiro has no one but his sister. It was also supposed to explain how Shiro became Archer (UBW was how he went away from such, if you pay attention) and why he was obsessed with saving all those he could, as those closest died without him being able to do anything.
Old 2010-03-08, 21:31   Link #1919
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flinch View Post
the Ilya route was supposed to be much darker and messed up that HF was. Ironically, HF would've been the name for Ilya's route (reference to any of you who actually know what Heaven's Feel means). Apparently, Rin, Sakura, and Saber all die in it, as did Beserker (I believe Taiga died as well). As such, Shiro has no one but his sister. It was also supposed to explain how Shiro became Archer (UBW was how he went away from such, if you pay attention) and why he was obsessed with saving all those he could, as those closest died without him being able to do anything.
Where did you here this? I'm not doubting it, I'd just like to know if there was anything else.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-10, 19:39   Link #1920
Cherry_Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowfang2 View Post
unlimited blade works is not the true ending mind of steel is the true ending
I would go into a long rant about how utterly wrong you are, but the fact that you've called the HF True end "Unlimited Blade Works" says it all, really....

Anyway, anyone who reads this comment (I removed the spoiler tag, since the statement actually contains no useful information) should note that it's totally false.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flinch View Post
Where do you get this information from?

It's likely that the final HF route was actually a combination of the original Ilya route and the original Sakura route, given Ilya's relative prominence in it. It's fairly likely, actually, that Ilya's route branched off from Sakura's relatively late, and it's pretty likely, therefore, that both Sakura and Saber would die in it. Rin I'm not so sure about, though.

And, I've heard the "Ilya's route is where he becomes Archer" thing before, but I don't think it's likely, especially since the Ilya route would probably be last. It simply wouldn't fit with the general dynamic of the game, and how it changes over the three routes. Plus, Archer's route was supposed to follow something close to Fate, IIRC.
Cherry_Lover is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fate/stay night, visual novel