AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-06-07, 10:44   Link #41
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
So far we don't know much about what limiters actually (can) do but my guess is the protagonist will be among the strong ones or I'll get eventually bored of his sissyness...
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-07, 19:50   Link #42
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: uk, England
Age: 24
Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Oh dam, this isn't good...I'm becoming a manga junkie ;______;

Definitely not good...

Anyway I am liking what I see already. Satellizer is really cute...no kidding she is definitely my type of girl. Silent, feared, cold but in reality she is lonely and wants someone to love.

I am cheering for Aoi to do his best

The kid has got guts, especially since he poked her in the cheek which promptly slipped to her breast

But her reaction was just so cute...me loves
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
strong i want to throttle that whinny ass before the first chp was even over.
That was surprising coming from you O.o

As far as first impression goes I have seen a lot worse from other wimpy males (not in manga mind you seen as I haven't really read that much ).
__________________

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-07, 20:20   Link #43
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Philippines
Age: 24
X207>i have no clue wat is needed to tie a limiter to a apandora but i wont be surprised if theydo a shotgun union and become partners in battle.



well what else they*KISS* i think what kinda union you want?? hugs?? sex?? or the formal handshake????
__________________
technomo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-07, 23:27   Link #44
X207
Gamyūsa
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Montreal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
Oh dam, this isn't good...I'm becoming a manga junkie ;______;
Definitely not good...
join the club man, ive been like this for the past few months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by technomo12 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by X207
i have no clue wat is needed to tie a limiter to a apandora but i wont be surprised if theydo a shotgun union and become partners in battle.


well what else they*KISS* i think what kinda union you want?? hugs?? sex?? or the formal handshake????
not necessarily, mai otome all you need to do is pledge allegiance and kiss a stone. it contract certainly could turn out to be verbal
__________________
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-08, 00:28   Link #45
kujoe
from head to heel
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Age: 32
The character design of Satellizer did remind me of Tsukiumi from Sekirei despite the former having a less upfront tsundere personality. Satellizer is mostly quiet, reserved and straight-to-business cold, but comes off as a big sister type that one can warm up to. (Dammit, now I want a real Tsukiumi manga..!)

While the story isn't anything special as of now, I was definitely amused at the whole school policy of assigning younger male students to female juniors. I mean, what an obvious (and awesome) excuse to get hooked up with older chicks.

So far, the story to me looks like a story of Mai-Hime/Otome vibes with significantly less lesbians and possibly more siscon. Hopefully, the whole thing will shape up to be an entertaining read overall.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-08, 10:27   Link #46
Westlo
Lets be reality
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Anyone know the release schedule for this? Monthly or every two weeks like UxU?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
Oh dam, this isn't good...I'm becoming a manga junkie ;______;

Definitely not good...
Haha it has begun! I think the last 3 months I've read way more manga than I've watched anime Weeks where I watch 10 episodes and read 200-330 chapters are commonplace. I highly recommend you check out the other stuff by the author of Freezing, particularly Unbalance X Unbalance which has one of the best harem leads I've seen.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-08, 11:21   Link #47
X207
Gamyūsa
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Montreal
same here, in the past the only manga i read was inu and maybe a few other short series and in the past few weeks. since gundam 00 se1 ended ive read more manga that anime episodes.
__________________
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-08, 11:26   Link #48
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: uk, England
Age: 24
Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Haha it has begun! I think the last 3 months I've read way more manga than I've watched anime Weeks where I watch 10 episodes and read 200-330 chapters are commonplace. I highly recommend you check out the other stuff by the author of Freezing, particularly Unbalance X Unbalance which has one of the best harem leads I've seen.
Well it's extremely bad for me seen as I don't compensate by watch less anime...hehe

But I guess I'll consider checking unbalance x 2 out...maybe...

As for Satellizer, I don't actually feel any tsundere vibes from her to be honest. To me she is just a cold person in general but heavily misunderstood. That's why I love <3
__________________

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-08, 11:45   Link #49
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Philippines
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
The character design of Satellizer did remind me of Tsukiumi from Sekirei despite the former having a less upfront tsundere personality. Satellizer is mostly quiet, reserved and straight-to-business cold, but comes off as a big sister type that one can warm up to. (Dammit, now I want a real Tsukiumi manga..!)

While the story isn't anything special as of now, I was definitely amused at the whole school policy of assigning younger male students to female juniors. I mean, what an obvious (and awesome) excuse to get hooked up with older chicks.

So far, the story to me looks like a story of Mai-Hime/Otome vibes with significantly less lesbians and possibly more siscon. Hopefully, the whole thing will shape up to be an entertaining read overall.
you mean shotacon hehehe and also still i prefer a kiss type contract and also i wanna go to that school and get hooked upon by older women hahahah
__________________
technomo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-08, 15:23   Link #50
kujoe
from head to heel
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Age: 32
Well, I don't think Aoi could be categorized as a shouta. He certainly doesn't look the part for one thing.

On another note, one of the teachers might be willing to play "big sis" for him.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-08, 20:27   Link #51
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Leeds, UK
Age: 31
Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO Send a message via Skype™ to Onizuka-GTO
I have a big "nee-sama" complex.

yay for for toyboys everywhere!

:3
__________________
Onizuka-GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-09, 11:08   Link #52
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Philippines
Age: 24
toy boys?? what is that a new terminology??? pls specify the meaning
__________________
technomo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-09, 11:22   Link #53
Bonta Kun
One Punch Man!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Resides within the depths of Ned infested Glasgow
Quote:
Originally Posted by technomo12 View Post
toy boys?? what is that a new terminology??? pls specify the meaning
lol its not new, if anything its older than any term used in anime today
__________________
Bonta Kun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-09, 11:28   Link #54
Westlo
Lets be reality
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
*sings Shawn Michael's entrance theme*

I aint your toy boy (toy booooy) I'm just a sexy boy (sexy boooy)
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-09, 11:36   Link #55
Xellos-_^
Married
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: R'lyeh
Age: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post

That was surprising coming from you O.o

As far as first impression goes I have seen a lot worse from other wimpy males (not in manga mind you seen as I haven't really read that much ).
not really, the older i get, the less patience i have with wimpy male leads. I don't fanservice type series but the male lead has got to have something beyond mr. nice guy.

Example:
Jing - King of Bandit
Tenchi - Tenchi Muyo
Akito - Nadesico
Shiki - Tsukihime
Negi - Negima
Hakuoro - Utawarerumono
__________________
Xellos-_^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-09, 12:25   Link #56
TrueKnight
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
I approve only Jing and Hakuoro from that list.

Anyway, this is a refreshing series although the Mai-Hime vibes actually comes really strong. And no Satellizer is not a tsundere, she's just misunderstood and her allergic of male only made it worse. Apart from that I don't really like the male lead, he's just some generic typical lead who only has kindness as an appeal and his oh oblivious personality isn't actually new.... Give me someone like Hakuoro, NaGARsumi or Tsukune (MANGA ONLY) and I'll be one happy camper.
TrueKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-09, 12:49   Link #57
Xellos-_^
Married
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: R'lyeh
Age: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueKnight View Post
I approve only Jing and Hakuoro from that list.

Anyway, this is a refreshing series although the Mai-Hime vibes actually comes really strong. And no Satellizer is not a tsundere, she's just misunderstood and her allergic of male only made it worse. Apart from that I don't really like the male lead, he's just some generic typical lead who only has kindness as an appeal and his oh oblivious personality isn't actually new.... Give me someone like Hakuoro, NaGARsumi or Tsukune (MANGA ONLY) and I'll be one happy camper.
Replace him with Shiki. In Nanaya Mode, Shiki would slit the throat of everyone in school provided he didn't crush it first.
__________________
Xellos-_^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-09, 13:06   Link #58
dosetsu
Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
Should probably wait until more then two chapters come out before you judge a character, there's been minimal development so far, so I don't see how any of you can judge from that. Kazuya is far from what the majority of you think he is.
dosetsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-09, 13:38   Link #59
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: uk, England
Age: 24
Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
not really, the older i get, the less patience i have with wimpy male leads. I don't fanservice type series but the male lead has got to have something beyond mr. nice guy.

Example:
Jing - King of Bandit
Tenchi - Tenchi Muyo
Akito - Nadesico
Shiki - Tsukihime
Negi - Negima
Hakuoro - Utawarerumono
Negi!?

Fair enough, I don't read the manga so the extent of his wimpiness can't be measured -___-

But I would say that this guy has made a fair first impression. I still think he showed guts especially seen as he turned down the offer from the senpai two years older, now a true weak character would have said nothing and go with the flow.

And this guy doesn't know it yet, but he can freeze people, that's definitely something beyond
__________________

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-09, 15:26   Link #60
kujoe
from head to heel
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by technomo12 View Post
toy boys?? what is that a new terminology??? pls specify the meaning
I think the more common term is "boy toy"—a young and attractive man chosen as a lover by a woman (who is usually older) for a sexual or romantic relationship.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, harem, seinen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:14.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.