AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Old 2011-03-07, 17:22   Link #801
surerman
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to surerman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Kazuya is supposed to have one of the most effective freezing abilities. Why can't he just render all the antagonists into sitting ducks and just pummel them? Even if some Novas and Pandoras are too powerful, he should have at least done that to a Limiter like Louis.
The problem is he isn't used to that power yet, Freezing ability normally performed within two people (PANDORA and LIMITER) so the stress split into two (Eirenbar Set). In his case, his FREEZING ability is independent, no mature/older STIGMA implanted into his body, no partner to share the burden, yet he use such tremendous power to create freeze fields. It's good that he didn't die yet from exhausting him self.
Yes, he is stronger than when he perform the FREEZING for 1st time (CARNIVAL) or 2nd time (meet Rana) but still need more training.
surerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-07, 17:45   Link #802
germanturkey
Smiling Monster

sigh. the bad taste is starting to appear.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-07, 18:50   Link #803
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Isn't Stella a Pandora now anyways? Cut the hell out of Louis. Fight Louis' Pandora and own her.
Old 2011-03-07, 18:51   Link #804
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post
Isn't Stella a Pandora now anyways? Cut the hell out of Louis. Fight Louis' Pandora and own her.
That would only happen in the last part of this arc. Look forward to it.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-07, 18:52   Link #805
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
sigh. the bad taste is starting to appear.
Yes... quite bad. I hope a Nova attacks and kills her sister and brother.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post
Freezing. He will probably freeze her and well... /rage.
DragoZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-07, 19:10   Link #806
blitz1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Yes... quite bad. I hope a Nova attacks and kills her sister and brother.
Not going to happen, I can tell you that (so far). because right now, the current arc is about politics.

Old 2011-03-07, 19:51   Link #807
germanturkey
Smiling Monster

Her sister isn't that bad, as she's trying to mend bridges, but i do think she's foolish for setting Stella up, especially since she knew the full extent of what Louis did.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-07, 20:25   Link #808
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
Her sister isn't that bad, as she's trying to mend bridges, but i do think she's foolish for setting Stella up, especially since she knew the full extent of what Louis did.
Exactly. She is foolish.

Ugh... this won't be the worst instance, since I've read of worse (and raged for weeks) but I still dislike it and will still rage. It does help that we know what happened already and know what's coming.

Man... there is nothing else to talk about other than that, this sucks, haha.
Old 2011-03-07, 20:52   Link #809
blitz1/2

Quote:
Exactly. She is foolish.

Ugh... this won't be the worst instance, since I've read of worse (and raged for weeks) but I still dislike it and will still rage. It does help that we know what happened already and know what's coming.

Man... there is nothing else to talk about other than that, this sucks, haha.
Foolish maybe? Inconsiderate, hell yea.

The sister should have done some tabs and monitoring of Stella, she would have figured out that she has not gone over her trauma and even gained the reputation of being the "Untouchable queen"

Old 2011-03-08, 00:56   Link #810
Kagatob

Send a message via AIM to Kagatob
Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
The sister should have done some tabs and monitoring of Stella, she would have figured out that she has not gone over her trauma and even gained the reputation of being the "Untouchable queen"
Nah, that would make too much sense.

Seriously, she's still afraid of him? After all the battles and training she's gone through? Why is her first reaction not to take out her volt weapon and stab that **** in his face or at the very least castrate him. I don't know the story behind the other pandora, and I don't much care, just stab him already Stella, and don't stop till he stops breathing.
Old 2011-03-08, 04:15   Link #811
magnum
Lurking Around

At the end of Chapter 41 was really a cliff hanger, I wanted to see what will Louis gonna do to Satella, and if Kazuya returns to her room and find out that she was raped by Louis.

Quite disappointed at Satella sheepish attitude, hope she can overcome her fear and finally baptized with Kazuya.

Frankly Kazuya was really numb, he doesn't get fast to the point.

And I was feel pity for Satellela because Kazuya only see her like his sister.
Old 2011-03-08, 05:16   Link #812
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by surerman View Post
The problem is he isn't used to that power yet, Freezing ability normally performed within two people (PANDORA and LIMITER) so the stress split into two (Eirenbar Set). In his case, his FREEZING ability is independent, no mature/older STIGMA implanted into his body, no partner to share the burden, yet he use such tremendous power to create freeze fields. It's good that he didn't die yet from exhausting him self.
Yes, he is stronger than when he perform the FREEZING for 1st time (CARNIVAL) or 2nd time (meet Rana) but still need more training.
He used it three times, the first being when he glomped Satella in the beginning, the second against the junior with multiple limiters, and the third against thugs when he was with Rana. While the first time was completely involuntary, the other two times had some will behind it. I'm sure if he was motivated enough, he could do it again, especially if it was for Satella's sake.... though currently Kazuya needs to figure out that Louis's true nature first.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-08, 07:35   Link #813
Nemuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnum View Post
At the end of Chapter 41 was really a cliff hanger, I wanted to see what will Louis gonna do to Satella, and if Kazuya returns to her room and find out that she was raped by Louis.

Quite disappointed at Satella sheepish attitude, hope she can overcome her fear and finally baptized with Kazuya.

Frankly Kazuya was really numb, he doesn't get fast to the point.

And I was feel pity for Satellela because Kazuya only see her like his sister.
lol, I get the feeling it won't happen.... Baptize in Freezing is like a kiss scene in anime which will happen near the very end ^^,

I see, we're reaching the rage arc already..... I'm praying people will stop praising Kazuya.... he is really weak >.>
Nemuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-08, 08:14   Link #814
blitz1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemuru View Post
lol, I get the feeling it won't happen.... Baptize in Freezing is like a kiss scene in anime which will happen near the very end ^^,

I see, we're reaching the rage arc already..... I'm praying people will stop praising Kazuya.... he is really weak >.>
Weak in what?

Old 2011-03-08, 08:57   Link #815
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support

Quote:
Weak in what?
Too many things. In the beginning he forces himself on a reluctant Satellizer, but now when she is open to it, he leaves. I know, it's a plot device but still...
Old 2011-03-08, 09:06   Link #816
blitz1/2

Quote:
Too many things. In the beginning he forces himself on a reluctant Satellizer, but now when she is open to it, he leaves. I know, it's a plot device but still...
Well, he was responsible for Stella's loss so I can understand his need to apologize to her. Well, one thing led to another which led to Stella and him together. Many factors were out of his control especially the harassment of the 3rd years. In what way does that make him weak, that makes him much better than a coward protagonist. He has Nova Freezing, which could even freeze up to 3rd years and pandora mode, so strengthwise, he is much higher than your average Limiter.

Now, your second point. Still, at least it doesn't go outside his character or making him OOC. He still has no idea wat is going on in Stella's head. He is always there ONCE Stella calls him.

Old 2011-03-08, 21:09   Link #817
Wargumm1i
Jinchuuriki

So I really want a clear explanation what happen and between Louis el Bridget and Satellizer I know she was Sexually abused but that doesnt mean she was raped etc etc, I suspect that she was breasts grabbed or something.
Old 2011-03-08, 21:53   Link #818
Nemuru

Quote:
Well, he was responsible for Stella's loss so I can understand his need to apologize to her. Well, one thing led to another which led to Stella and him together. Many factors were out of his control especially the harassment of the 3rd years. In what way does that make him weak, that makes him much better than a coward protagonist. He has Nova Freezing, which could even freeze up to 3rd years and pandora mode, so strengthwise, he is much higher than your average Limiter.

Now, your second point. Still, at least it doesn't go outside his character or making him OOC. He still has no idea wat is going on in Stella's head. He is always there ONCE Stella calls him.
lol, Shinji can control a giant robot in eva does that not still make him weak? having a distinction in personal strength would be ideal since it has proving to be a plot device nor does he has any control over it, the only argument I'm reading is he can freeze stuff better although It could be the authors fault for not developing his character better. Nova freezing isn't a sign of strength put a plot device I certainly don't see that as an argument for strength having some uber power that magically comes save the series.

His power are not yet controllable that itself is one issue. it would be cool and manly if he trained to be able to harness his power to protect his Pandora that would be a showcase of strength wanting to protect others by bettering himself. Atm till the latest chapter all that happens is deus ex machina/plot device to save the day with freezing. So what is a hero without his freezing? as a reading I want to see him manage the situation in a different way, even using personal strength, even being a meat shield works you notice that he is still being protected and if there was any injury it would be the Pandora while he remains unscathed........ all I see is a cheerleader who can freeze.
Nemuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-08, 22:11   Link #819
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargumm1i View Post
So I really want a clear explanation what happen and between Louis el Bridget and Satellizer I know she was Sexually abused but that doesnt mean she was raped etc etc, I suspect that she was breasts grabbed or something.
This is not a topic we want to talk about, but we will probably find out. But it's safe to say with the trauma she has... it was bad.
Old 2011-03-08, 22:24   Link #820
blitz1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemuru View Post
lol, Shinji can control a giant robot in eva does that not still make him weak? having a distinction in personal strength would be ideal since it has proving to be a plot device nor does he has any control over it, the only argument I'm reading is he can freeze stuff better although It could be the authors fault for not developing his character better. Nova freezing isn't a sign of strength put a plot device I certainly don't see that as an argument for strength having some uber power that magically comes save the series.

His power are not yet controllable that itself is one issue. it would be cool and manly if he trained to be able to harness his power to protect his Pandora that would be a showcase of strength wanting to protect others by bettering himself. Atm till the latest chapter all that happens is deus ex machina/plot device to save the day with freezing. So what is a hero without his freezing? as a reading I want to see him manage the situation in a different way, even using personal strength, even being a meat shield works you notice that he is still being protected and if there was any injury it would be the Pandora while he remains unscathed........ all I see is a cheerleader who can freeze.
For many protagonists, strength = power to defend others.
Shinji and Kazuya, once seeing their loved ones/friends in danger, will put themselves in danger to protect them, THAT is strength and wat makes them strong.

Limiters' duty is to give support to their Pandora, they aren't front line attackers. Normally, once the limiters fall, so does the Pandora soon after (Marine and Ingrid are examples).

It may be a deus ex machina but at least it's plot consistent. We know that Kazuya has this powerful Freezing, and no, it does not always work to favorable conditions. Why? He collapses afterwards after using it, so he can't spam the ability. next, Kazuya's freezing may not be so effective against Novas anymore as demonstrated when Cassie did a counter. So, you can't really depend on Kazuya's ability to save the day.

Tags
action, harem, seinen