AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Old 2011-05-11, 13:47   Link #961
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
And yet, for all the screwed up stuff that Im Dal Young is putting the story through... we're all still reading this series. Does that say something about us?

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-11, 13:50   Link #962
Shadow5YA

Yes. For me it says that I'm superficial enough to read something solely because of the art quality.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-11, 13:52   Link #963
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
True... story quality of the guy- average (though he has some pretty interesting ideas).

Artwork of his series- A+

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-11, 14:41   Link #964
Bonta Kun
One Punch Man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
True... story quality of the guy- average (though he has some pretty interesting ideas).

Artwork of his series- A+
This is the real sad fact, I do think Dal Young has some great ideas and concepts but his story telling is far from even being good(UxU is probably the best story but does have it's moments of being very meh)

And yes the art is always A+

Well I stopped reading this series long time ago but I do pop in here to see how things are or what everyone's talking about.

I may go back and read it later but thats only if I can be arsed.
Old 2011-05-11, 16:20   Link #965
hoarfrost

I'd just like to chime in and agree on that note. In fact, I'm more than satisfied with skimming the raws and reading summaries here because the former is the entire draw of IDY's work and the latter is more than enough to understand his storytelling.
hoarfrost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-12, 03:37   Link #966
Nemuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waven View Post
Read jix' post just above yours, it sums it up pretty good.

Still, from a reader's point of view it's a very unpleasant way to solve this situation. Main heroine usually tough as nails gives in to the old cheap blackmail trick, instead of just easily disputing her out of this with reason. No, the 'untouchable queen' beating anyone to a pulp in a blink of an eye would rather get tortured and raped than having a simple conversation with the person she likes

It's no different from a cheesy hentai plot and to me it proves once again that Im dal young is a gynophobia-based misogynist
except that in a hentai plot the brother would be banging his sister already lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
And yet, for all the screwed up stuff that Im Dal Young is putting the story through... we're all still reading this series. Does that say something about us?

The same type of people who likes reading crap like KniM.... the answer is deep down readers of this are masochist that enjoys reading crap ^^
Nemuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-12, 08:27   Link #967
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemuru View Post
The same type of people who likes reading crap like KniM.... the answer is deep down readers of this are masochist that enjoys reading crap ^^
Good artwork helps. Without it I dont think KNIm or Freezing would have this many readership. I mean in Love Plus - Nene Days both art and plot sucks in an incredible proportions - result , pretty much no one bothers to read it.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-13, 03:00   Link #968
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Spoiler for new chapter:

even if you can't see me, even if you can't hear me, I'll be by your side (Kaname Madoka, 2011)
anime list
manga list
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-13, 09:49   Link #969
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Chap 44

All i can say is WOW some get this kid a fucking therapist. What he did to Satella was worse enough but now (even though she didnt seem to mind so much) he basically banged the hell out of Holly in front a window. He insulted her in a way that make anyone feel lower than dirt. We did learn why she seems to be so stuck on Louis. Not only is she in love with the little twerp but it seems Genetics get its orders from Shubariet (not sure how to spell it) and Shubariet takes it orders from the El Bridgett family. Louis takes his anger out on Holly his own Pandora in a sexual way because this is the only way this guy knows how to deal with his anger. Satella is just broken to pieces over everything and now after the confrontation with Holly. Aoi now knows something is very wrong.

Honestly i cant wait for the arc to be over and to get back to the main story because if i wanted to see something like we have seen in the past 3 chapters i would just go watch a hentai. Regardless i still love the series if only anime had been more than 12 episodes.
Old 2011-05-13, 10:13   Link #970
shaselai

louis certainly has good taste in women

Last edited by shaselai; 2011-05-13 at 12:03.
shaselai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-13, 12:13   Link #971
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaselai View Post
I guess all psychotic rapists do
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-13, 12:19   Link #972
hoarfrost

Now actually understanding what's being said, I feel a lot more sympathetic to Holly. Judging by that flashback, Louis never really showed his true colours around her or if he there was nothing she could do to oppose him. Also, given that Satellite is the older sibling, it'd be natural to assume that if anything consensual was going on that she would be the one influence him and not the other way around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaselai View Post
Holly is supposed to be a mere stand in for Satellite, but man if my mind didn't blank out for a second when she walked into that locker room...Oh Freezing, just when I thought I was out...
hoarfrost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-13, 13:24   Link #973
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
"let your body feel my anger"

oh boy. dudes got some issues.
Old 2011-05-13, 13:40   Link #974
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post
"let your body feel my anger"

oh boy. dudes got some issues.
He does have issues. But the sad thing is its very obvious that he actually cares about Holly. Even he doesn't realize it, if you know about psychology all the evidence points in the opposite direction than what he was saying to her. Now after this im wondering how Holly will respond she never said she didn't want it and she is in love with him. If this follows the standard manga formula she will be even more in love with him afterwards.

It was still a disturbing scene to watch because Holly couldn't or wouldn't ( i dont know which one) resist Louis. Both Holly and Satella could have wrecked that little brat they are Pandoras and im sure his Freezing ability is not that special nothing like Aoi's so he couldn't have stopped Satella and Holly is number one in Europe.
Old 2011-05-13, 15:35   Link #975
Alhazad2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Chap 44

All i can say is WOW some get this kid a fucking therapist. What he did to Satella was worse enough but now (even though she didnt seem to mind so much) he basically banged the hell out of Holly in front a window. He insulted her in a way that make anyone feel lower than dirt. We did learn why she seems to be so stuck on Louis. Not only is she in love with the little twerp but it seems Genetics get its orders from Shubariet (not sure how to spell it) and Shubariet takes it orders from the El Bridgett family. Louis takes his anger out on Holly his own Pandora in a sexual way because this is the only way this guy knows how to deal with his anger. Satella is just broken to pieces over everything and now after the confrontation with Holly. Aoi now knows something is very wrong.

Honestly i cant wait for the arc to be over and to get back to the main story because if i wanted to see something like we have seen in the past 3 chapters i would just go watch a hentai. Regardless i still love the series if only anime had been more than 12 episodes.
Shubariet? Do you mean Chevalier? Oh gosh, that would be TOO diabolical. And it would definitely explain how Satellizer got six of Kazuha's stigma. I wonder how they feel about the E-Pandora project? The next raw chapter should be very interesting. Until then...
Alhazad2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-13, 15:39   Link #976
Kyouka
Is Here

I think this just turned into a hentai
Kyouka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-13, 15:46   Link #977
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
I wanna see how they animate this though actually now that I think about it AT-X aired uncensored.
Old 2011-05-13, 16:23   Link #978
Azure King
Snr Spammer

going to drop this manga, this kind of thing doesn't float my boat.. i don't mind a little ecchi but nothing like this
Azure King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-13, 20:35   Link #979
germanturkey
Smiling Monster

there's like what, 3 or 4 chapters left of this crap? guy has definite problems...

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-13, 22:19   Link #980
solomon

So yea, this is real dime store delirium pulpy trash............but dammit the art is so nice!!

And oh yea Louis is a goddamn motherfucking piece of shit who must die yadda yadda yadda.....
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, harem, seinen