AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-05-15, 10:05   Link #1861
Yorae_paladin1
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Puerto Rico
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoncarbon View Post
I asked around , and it seems like my japanese friend told me that Dr. Gengo Aoi confirmed that Chiffon Fairchild is actually a clone of Maria Lancelot , and her mother , Aureriel Fairchild is her surrogate mother . When Chiffon was young , she probably lacked emotions (because clones probably have no natural emotions) that's why her mother kept asking her to smile all the time .
And in the wiki , they said it was hinted that she was a "true pandora"
Maybe the true definition of pandora means "Nova in human female form"?
If this is true then aoi has no right to be lecturing Ohara since he did the same thing
__________________
"I do not hate you. I do not think your a monster just another species trying to live like us humans. If there is a monster in this world its nature itself for wanting and allowing spectacles of death and destruction."

Neo Human Angelus Von Doom to Abyssal Riful before there battle. My fic saga revelations of the past title Advent Rising
Yorae_paladin1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-15, 13:57   Link #1862
Alhazad2003
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoncarbon View Post
I asked around , and it seems like my japanese friend told me that Dr. Gengo Aoi confirmed that Chiffon Fairchild is actually a clone of Maria Lancelot , and her mother , Aureriel Fairchild is her surrogate mother . When Chiffon was young , she probably lacked emotions (because clones probably have no natural emotions) that's why her mother kept asking her to smile all the time .
And in the wiki , they said it was hinted that she was a "true pandora"
Maybe the true definition of pandora means "Nova in human female form"?
Hrm, I'm not sure of that. If she was a clone of Maria, then she wouldn't need stigmas, not even the four she has. But if she were descended from Maria, then she'd be capable of such grandiose feats with stigmas. I wonder if Maria considered herself human, I figure it would be hard for her to look at herself in the mirror and call herself that. Argh, we need to know more about her. It would make so much sense if she was Aoi's wife, then his overreaction with Ohara would make sense, for she'd have been dishonoring his wife. Man, I'm so eager for the next chapter now.
Alhazad2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-15, 21:36   Link #1863
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Orlando
It's nearly always the good people that end up suffering the most - whether they finally have had enough and they snap and try to destroy everything, or they are the ones who end up protecting others from them. I don't blame Amelia one bit for what she did but unfortunately, she'll be remembered as a failed experiment that caused a Nova Crash, not as the beautiful big sister who tried her damn best to become what others considered impossible to help her brother.

And then there is Chiffon Fairchild... created in the image of the ultimate weapon against Nova. Whom had found friends and those that she could rely on, those who would stand up both with and against her, who's lives impacted her so much and gave her a sense of ... living.

At least, Gengo had the sense to stop once he reached that point but it is inevitable that he also experimented and pushed hard to find those limits that he now imposes on others like O'hara.

Spencer needs to DIE. Prison is far too good of a fate for that asshole. I really wished Amelia would have gotten her hands on him before...

I didn't want to read this part because I knew it would depress the hell outta me and whaddaya know, it did...
__________________
"Focus entirely on me, you ordinary soldier."
Tempest35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-16, 00:46   Link #1864
Bombo
TSF Fans
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Farewell
Spoiler for 91:
Bombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-16, 01:56   Link #1865
surerman
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Killers Special Mobile Prison
Send a message via Yahoo to surerman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombo View Post
Farewell
Spoiler for 91:
look like no one notice that "We'll meet again" line

we'll... what ever, for all her glory in her fans eyes, she's still dead as dumb bitch
Spoiler:


to tell you the truth, Chiffon die a good death, IMO she deserve more crueler death in NOVA-Amelia hands

Chiffon-san?, you get a good luck, so please don't.. ever... come back again...you really piss me off

it's lucky this chapter have Satellizer in Wedding gown which appease me
surerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-16, 02:03   Link #1866
Seitsuki
Onee!
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Auckland, NZ
Yes because living your life for hatred and killing innocents, your remaining friends and your comrades is the morally higher ground and we should all support her decision. How dare Chiffon try to stop her, reason with her and in the end protect those her own precious friends??



I mean you are entitled to your point of view, but as it is your argument is so poorly laid out and worded it's little more than groundless hating ._.
__________________
thanks to Patchy ♥
Seitsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-16, 04:59   Link #1867
Airaku
####
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: USA
I don't really see it as stupid that Chiffon would try to save everyone including Amelia. Seems like she did her best to save as many as within her power. It's true she didn't really help the e-pandora, but she understood that opposing chevalier would ultimately end in more casualties.

As the strongest pandora of her generation, I preferred that Chiffon was not a self-righteous person and fully aware that there was no perfect outcome to the situation.

The real problem was not chevalier but its motivations, which is to show the public progress. Ideally, the best solution would have been to discredit chevalier to point it had to restructure its current management. Elizabeth's previous attempt at this proved this course action to be futile due to chevalier's ability to control the media and erase oppositions.

Now, I’m not saying that Chiffon’s approach was any better or worse than Elizabeth’s considering they both fell into different circumstances and responsibilities.
__________________

Airaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-16, 05:32   Link #1868
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Xanadu
Age: 22
Spoiler for 90-91:
__________________

even if you can't see me, even if you can't hear me, I'll be by your side (Kaname Madoka, 2011)
anime list
manga list
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-16, 05:59   Link #1869
surerman
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Killers Special Mobile Prison
Send a message via Yahoo to surerman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
Yes because living your life for hatred and killing innocents, your remaining friends and your comrades is the morally higher ground and we should all support her decision. How dare Chiffon try to stop her, reason with her and in the end protect those her own precious friends??



I mean you are entitled to your point of view, but as it is your argument is so poorly laid out and worded it's little more than groundless hating ._.
err...are you really read my post?
not so smart are we?
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdeal000 View Post
Can you explain those lines?

Also, Chiffon...we will miss you. I'm glad that you felt happy at the end
no...not "we", I wouldn't miss such dumb character
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airaku View Post
I don't really see it as stupid that Chiffon would try to save everyone including Amelia. Seems like she did her best to save as many as within her power. It's true she didn't really help the e-pandora, but she understood that opposing chevalier would ultimately end in more casualties.

As the strongest pandora of her generation, I preferred that Chiffon was not a self-righteous person and fully aware that there was no perfect outcome to the situation.

The real problem was not chevalier but its motivations, which is to show the public progress. Ideally, the best solution would have been to discredit chevalier to point it had to restructure its current management. Elizabeth's previous attempt at this proved this course action to be futile due to chevalier's ability to control the media and erase oppositions.

Now, I’m not saying that Chiffon’s approach was any better or worse than Elizabeth’s considering they both fell into different circumstances and responsibilities.
at last...one of the smart appear

but tell you what, this is why Terrorism exist, because the strong that can drive people attention and mind, need to be opposed to reveal the truth.

no! there's a perfect solution to it

Smarter Chiffon should just handed over those bastard in the base to Amelia like what Saten do to help Cruz in Needless, pretend to be defeated

between morale and life of those who dear to her, Chiffon choose the latter, a choice that make her truly MONSTER, and not "human"

now it's make sense why her design make her have squinty eyes, and not covered it in glasses or contact to hide it. Her design perfectly show her attitude: "when the truth come to me, I'll see it only if I want it, otherwise,I didn't see it"

well...those Chevalier not worth to be saved and life on Earth, just like Black Blood vermin outside-this wall-world.

PS:
I'm sorry, but I'm not so uptight of morale of human, it's just I didn't like dumb character
I admit that I myself kill so many human and make me morale wrong (for those who didn't receive my victims evil deed)
see your own reflection in the mirror, sometimes not convenient
surerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-16, 06:43   Link #1870
Seitsuki
Onee!
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Auckland, NZ
You do realise that for better or ill Chevalier is still the main organisation dedicated to fight the Nova and that suddenly wiping them out isn't the best idea?
You do realise that the genius Gengo Aoi, a whole load of elite Pandora (Satellizer, Roxanne, etcetc) and many others would have been caught in the blast?
You do realise that regardless of the ambiguity of some of the experiments, the lab is still a valuable resource and allowing it to go nuclear probably isn't terribly beneficial either?

I mean sure even if you're not morale, you should be able to see that letting Amelia blow up everything doesn't actually accomplish anything but help doom humanity that much more right?

And well...

Quote:
Originally Posted by surerman View Post
err...are you really read my post?
Quote:
Originally Posted by surerman View Post
look like no one notice that "We'll meet again" line

we'll... what ever, for all her glory in her fans eyes, she's still dead as dumb bitch
Spoiler:


to tell you the truth, Chiffon die a good death, IMO she deserve more crueler death in NOVA-Amelia hands

Chiffon-san?, you get a good luck, so please don't.. ever... come back again...you really piss me off

it's lucky this chapter have Satellizer in Wedding gown which appease me
Where in that post have you mentioned an *actual reason* you dislike Chiffon apart from 'you piss me off'?
__________________
thanks to Patchy ♥
Seitsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-16, 09:13   Link #1871
surerman
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Killers Special Mobile Prison
Send a message via Yahoo to surerman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
You do realise that for better or ill Chevalier is still the main organisation dedicated to fight the Nova and that suddenly wiping them out isn't the best idea?
You do realise that the genius Gengo Aoi, a whole load of elite Pandora (Satellizer, Roxanne, etc etc) and many others would have been caught in the blast?
You do realise that regardless of the ambiguity of some of the experiments, the lab is still a valuable resource and allowing it to go nuclear probably isn't terribly beneficial either?

I mean sure even if you're not morale, you should be able to see that letting Amelia blow up everything doesn't actually accomplish anything but help doom humanity that much more right?
wrong! if Amelia can be appeased, then human can have another invaluable source of info about NOVA intention. Amelia can interact with other NOVA or even help human understand NOVA-linguish to communicate with them, and hope fully stop their attack through diplomatic way

now... wait a minute!, I supposed to encourage human to kill each other as a killers, but now I favor diplomatic?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
Where in that post have you mentioned an *actual reason* you dislike Chiffon apart from 'you piss me off'?
Spoiler:

here...marked to make it clear how dumb Chiffon are.
Even for a clone, she's unable to set her self on others shoes, no empathy what so ever
heck! even my crocodile pet won't stay put if one of it's friend been attacked in front of it eyes
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdeal000 View Post
I never included you in that "we". You answered to the part that had nothing to do with you. The part that requested an explanation was addressed to you.
My bad, i'll make it more obvious next time. Good luck on your hatin'. I hope Chiffon's ghost will haut you for the rest of your life.
your post make me laugh hard, thank you

there's no way a dead can harm the living, or else my victims already take revenge on me wahahahaha

and no luck will come from hatin' you know?
that's why we killers never hate, even our victims
surerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-16, 11:02   Link #1872
Azure-Priest
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by surerman View Post
err...are you really read my post?
not so smart are we?
Learn to type before accusing others of being dumb, please.

As for your current post.

Amelia: While the combination of the drug, Mark IV (whatever THAT is), Dr. O'hara's magical energy field, and the Maria clones gave her the appearance and abilities of a NOVA, she is not actually a NOVA herself. Her actions and intentions may or may NOT be the same as actual NOVA. In fact, they most likely ARE NOT. Furthermore, Amelia was attacking EVERYONE indiscriminately in a blind rage. There is NO way good intel can come from that.

Chiffon: There are many things I found detestable in her recent behavior. (Presumably hacking Elizabeth's mail and data server in such a way as to horribly damage/ endanger the Mably family. Beating the ever loving crap out of Lana AND Stella when they came to Amelia's aid as she was being executed by Chevalier's lap dogs. Threatening Elizabeth and then leaving her unattended in the hands of a mindlessly obedient Chevalier lapdog who wanted to prove her "moral" superiority by beating the crap out of Elizabeth.) I do NOT find her sacrificing herself to protect her friends, family and planet to be stupid. In fact, taking the sins of humanity upon herself so that others may live is the most noble and benevolent behavior mankind has EVER shown.

Of course, since that's why you HATE her so much, perhaps it would be better if no-one comes to save you when you're in trouble since, you find that so STUPID.

@Tempest 35, Oh I agree, prison is too good for Spencer. At the very least he should either...

1.) Be forced to publicly take Mark IV himself, since he's done such a good job of providing propaganda to the world that it's "safe" to the point of bringing the Mably family and its interests to ruin simply for supposing they had evidence to the contrary.

2.) Be subjected to the same kind of TORTURE Elizabeth went through since he considered himself so "superior" to the Pandora that all they needed to do was "follow orders."

3.) Probably both. Get electrocuted until he wets himself, wake up three days later with nerve damage, and while in a daze, force fed Mark IV just before going on camera...

Sadly, I don't see that happening. Nor is the Maybly family, or Elizabeth herself likely to ever fully recover either. Her limiter is dead, and she has permanent neurological damage that seriously hinders her combat ability.

At least the Satellizer family is going to make Chevallier take a good, long look at themselves because from now on, there will be someone watching who can make things quite nasty for them if they EVER misbehave again.

Edit: It also looks like Dr. O'Hara hasn't paid the price for her "countless" sins yet. She's still twitching in that rubble. It probably would have been better for her if she had died when that piece of concrete landed on her.
Azure-Priest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-16, 14:04   Link #1873
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Orlando
Oi oi oi, if it wasn't for talk of Amelia vs Chiffon, I'd left this alone...

But really, Even with all that Amelia did, I don't place the guilt of this with her - the guilt belongs to Dr. O'hara and Spencer. Chiffon knew this - that is why she tried to reason with Amelia as many times as she did. This is what makes it so hard for me to read through it because of the unfairness of it all. If Amelia brought it upon herself, then Chiffon would have annhilated her before she went 'critical'.

"There is always a consequence."
Chiffon knew she had a job to do and with recent revelations that Chiffon herself wasn't 'fully human' herself, this coincides with how she acted. Chiffon's basic instinct was 'do as you're told to by your superiors'. and she did it, regardless of how she actually felt about it. Luckily by being at West Genetics, she was allowed to govern as she saw fit and she had a pretty laid back view on everything personally - she left the enforcement of rules up to other people. She only interferred with Stella's situation when it became so messy at the end. This doesn't mean that Chiffon didn't feel anything for Amelia & the E-Pandoras. She felt that they were being used but really, what could she do about it? She was also being used too.

Chiffon beat up Lana and Stella because they were rebelling and they were 'her' West Genetic juniors too. Better it had been Chiffon herself rather than another one of the the top 5 going against them - not one of them could handle both Rana and Stella without resorting to killing them. They are the stubborn children of Western Genetics. The fact that they were both juniors and were invited along should have told everyone something - these two can 'F' you up.
__________________
"Focus entirely on me, you ordinary soldier."
Tempest35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-16, 15:26   Link #1874
Xellos-_^
Married
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: R'lyeh
Age: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post

Chiffon beat up Lana and Stella because they were rebelling and they were 'her' West Genetic juniors too. Better it had been Chiffon herself rather than another one of the the top 5 going against them - not one of them could handle both Rana and Stella without resorting to killing them. They are the stubborn children of Western Genetics. The fact that they were both juniors and were invited along should have told everyone something - these two can 'F' you up.
i am not sure anyone but Chiffon could handle both of them at the same time.
__________________
Xellos-_^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-16, 17:11   Link #1875
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Freedom Guard Ship Amaterasu
Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Chiffon herself made several references or hints to her not being really human even before she went into GOD mode. Also, keep in mind when she talks about humanity she never includes herself in the equations. Its very obvious that she is either not human or half of something else. There are only a few reasons why she would refer to herself as not human and possess the insane amount of power that she does and Im pretty sure i dont have to say it.

Chiffon fought and did what she could do with her own power without regret and in the end she protected what was previous to her. Her friends meant the world to her and even the savage beating she gave Satta and Lana she did out of caring. If she had not one of the other top 5 would have had to result to killing them to get the rampage to stop.
__________________
Sinestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-16, 18:13   Link #1876
kache
Asobo~
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Italy
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
Chiffon beat up Lana and Stella because they were rebelling and they were 'her' West Genetic juniors too. Better it had been Chiffon herself rather than another one of the the top 5 going against them - not one of them could handle both Rana and Stella without resorting to killing them. They are the stubborn children of Western Genetics. The fact that they were both juniors and were invited along should have told everyone something - these two can 'F' you up.
I'm quite sure any of the other top5 would have died well before even trying to wound those 2...
__________________
Sorry for the poor english.
The italian schools don't care very much about proper foreign languages teaching


Watching at the moment: click on the image.

kache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-16, 20:33   Link #1877
Mentar
Sore wa himitsu desu!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Hamburg
Age: 44
And with Chiffon goes 90% of my motivation of continuing Freezing.

I mean seriously, am I supposed to care about Satellizer? Or Lana? Or the Male Lead who is so irrelevant that I have difficulties just remembering his name? I have some residual interest in Annette and Ticy, and that's it. What remains is a "T&A girls mutilating each other" plot I don't consider all that palatable...
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-16, 20:40   Link #1878
hoarfrost
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Age: 22
Not only Chiffon, but without Elizabeth and Andre (we can infer that they won't be back in action any time soon with his injuries) we will be left with an extremely weak cast.

Spoiler for :


I wonder how many more volumes until the leads can even maintain eye contact for more than a few panels. Every time we feel like we get to a moment where the chick may have gotten past her phobia of interpersonal contact, she relapses back into the state she was in before. She is like the girlfriend in some Sisyphean nightmare.

Last edited by hoarfrost; 2012-05-16 at 20:54.
hoarfrost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-16, 20:41   Link #1879
Xellos-_^
Married
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: R'lyeh
Age: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
And with Chiffon goes 90% of my motivation of continuing Freezing.

I mean seriously, am I supposed to care about Satellizer? Or Lana? Or the Male Lead who is so irrelevant that I have difficulties just remembering his name? I have some residual interest in Annette and Ticy, and that's it. What remains is a "T&A girls mutilating each other" plot I don't consider all that palatable...
the male lead has a name when did that happen
__________________
Xellos-_^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-16, 20:43   Link #1880
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Age: 25
i don't really care about Satellizer. not exactly my cup of tea without Chiffon. i do hope the next few chapters explain what Chiffon really was. beyond that, its pretty much a yawn fest.

also, i was starting to enjoy this thread without senseless posts showing up. oh well.
__________________
Aria is the best series EVER. Rewatch Origination with me.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, female fighters, harem, seinen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:54.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.