AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-07-03, 20:39   Link #101
relentlessflame

*Administrator

By the way, even though Moonphase lists this show as 12 episodes (which makes sense given the timing of the TV broadcast), the official site confirms that there'll be 14 episodes on DVD. So, in other words, there might be two DVD-only episodes, though we don't know at what place in the series they'll fit yet, obviously.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-04, 01:53   Link #102
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Probably some typical onsen episode featuring all the girls for the DVD, not that I'm complaining.
Old 2008-07-04, 11:20   Link #103
Undertaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by rg4619 View Post
From what I understand, this one was rather heavy on the sex. Evidently, they can still do non-adult forms of the story (PS2 game, anime), but this wasn't a "clean" type of bishoujo game.
Fate/Stay Night isn't a clean type bishoujo game either. The game only cleaned up for the PS2 version. What I consider light H games are Ero-games without things like tenticle-raping, gangbang, sex-slaves,will-breaking, heavy incest, etc.

with that mind, Koi-hime Musou ,Fate/Stay Night, Shuffle, Da Capo, School Days, etc. are all consider "light" H-games by me.

The story change don't bother me too much, after all it's a H-game adaption and they are definitely not going to put the "best" part in there, so as long as there are some yuri fun fan services and the story isn't change into something that's downright laughable, I'm fine with it.

Last edited by Undertaker; 2008-07-04 at 11:35.
Undertaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-04, 16:14   Link #104
rg4619

Quote:
Fate/Stay Night isn't a clean type bishoujo game either. The game only cleaned up for the PS2 version. What I consider light H games are Ero-games without things like tenticle-raping, gangbang, sex-slaves,will-breaking, heavy incest, etc.
By "clean", I'm sort of referring to the frequency and variety of sex scenes. For the first two routes anyway, Fate/Stay Night has only one or two vanilla sequences.

Koihime Musou isn't reputed to be a dark, brutish game. However, it did get attention for ero content because the developers worked in as much variety as they could (threesomes, sex with sisters, twincest, loli, traps, etc.). The game is a bit of a sex romp, whereas Da Capo and Fate are minimalist.
rg4619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-05, 00:24   Link #105
Itadakimasu!
tsun tsun lover

Send a message via MSN to Itadakimasu!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post

with that mind, Koi-hime Musou ,Fate/Stay Night, Shuffle, Da Capo, School Days, etc. are all consider "light" H-games by me.

The story change don't bother me too much, after all it's a H-game adaption and they are definitely not going to put the "best" part in there, so as long as there are some yuri fun fan services and the story isn't change into something that's downright laughable, I'm fine with it.

Actually I'd have to agree with that taxonomy... there's a huge difference between 'light' and 'heavy' (shudders from personal experience) and I'm glad KM falls into the former category. Not that you'd see somehting in the latter be turned into a general audience anime in the first place
Itadakimasu! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-05, 04:39   Link #106
Chaos2Frozen
Show me your motivation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itadakimasu! View Post
Actually I'd have to agree with that taxonomy... there's a huge difference between 'light' and 'heavy' (shudders from personal experience) and I'm glad KM falls into the former category. Not that you'd see somehting in the latter be turned into a general audience anime in the first place

Yeah, just an hour ago, I manage to take a gimps at the H-CG for the game... I have admit it, though it's alot (), compared to some other messed up works, it's really within 'as expected' range.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-05, 14:49   Link #107
Undertaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by rg4619 View Post
By "clean", I'm sort of referring to the frequency and variety of sex scenes. For the first two routes anyway, Fate/Stay Night has only one or two vanilla sequences.

Koihime Musou isn't reputed to be a dark, brutish game. However, it did get attention for ero content because the developers worked in as much variety as they could (threesomes, sex with sisters, twincest, loli, traps, etc.). The game is a bit of a sex romp, whereas Da Capo and Fate are minimalist.

Ok, so it just the way we categorize them are different, to me there's no "clean" ero-games, if it have sex scene and show boobs and other "private" parts, it's an ero-game to me.

I'm in the camp that believe that games like Fate and Da Capo are Ero-game that happen to have good stroy than good games that happen to have Ero-scene. Because they won't be getting that much hype if they are not Ero-game to start similar to the Dokyusei and Kakyusei series. Since pure bishojo, dating games having been on decline for a while, and I haven't seen any bishojo games reaching the height of Tokimeki Memorial, Sentimental Graffiti, and Memories-off without having some sort of sex scene in it.

But like Chaos2Frozen said, the H-ness "as expected" since it is set for general TV release.

So it's not like Shusaku, Rance, Kyohaku, Darcrow,etc getting TV-adapted, those games would never made it outside of OVAs. [Although they are all pretty damn good Ero-games]
Undertaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-05, 19:43   Link #108
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Well, the question is really "Is it possible to take the game, strip out/replace all the sex scenes, and still have a strong, cohesive and compelling story?" That's typically the defining factor that determines whether or not a show gets a "mainstream" TV series or an ero-OVA, because TV series are created, in large part, to advertise the release of the game's all-ages console port. So the real question is, will MMV be creating an all-ages PS2 port of the game that keeps essentially the same story as the original game without the ero scenes? If so, then we can assume that doing a straight game adaptation may have been possible. But perhaps the directors/writers/producers felt that their remixed version would be even more compelling for the fans, and provide something the game could never give them. So, you never know, I guess.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-07, 22:32   Link #109
Mizuno
Undefined

Let's hope it's at least 20% of what Utawarerumono is. It does have a pretty good cast of females though which would definitely please the male audiences. I'm already hot for Chouun...
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-08, 01:50   Link #110
mandarb916

hm...it airs tommorrow and there's no PV? :|
mandarb916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-08, 02:03   Link #111
Chaos2Frozen
Show me your motivation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuno View Post
Let's hope it's at least 20% of what Utawarerumono is.
That's generous ()

Quote:
It does have a pretty good cast of females though which would definitely please the male audiences. I'm already hot for Chouun...
Chouun huh... She's my second favorite non loli in the game... Right after Kannu (Guan Yu)

Spoiler for possibly nsfw:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandarb916 View Post
hm...it airs tommorrow and there's no PV? :|
Not a good sign
Old 2008-07-08, 02:12   Link #112
mandarb916

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Not a good sign
I don't recognize any of the CVs either...must be a really low budget production lol
Old 2008-07-08, 02:14   Link #113
Mizuno
Undefined

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post

Spoiler for possibly nsfw:

Pardon me while I wipe the floor clean from my drool.

Yeah, and the site still hasn't updated the character profiles despite it's airing tonight.
Old 2008-07-08, 02:21   Link #114
mandarb916

...i don't get why this series gets a web radio broadcast but Wagaya no Oinari sama doesn't lol

still looking forward to this series despite all my complaints...good chance to hear the up and comer VA's
Old 2008-07-08, 02:22   Link #115
Chaos2Frozen
Show me your motivation

Quote:
I don't recognize any of the CVs either...must be a really low budget production lol
I don't mind newbies, everybody got to start somewhere, but everything else adds up to a bad scenario in my books...

Quote:
Pardon me while I wipe the floor clean from my drool.
*pass the mop*

Sorry, I would post more, but they're either ones you've already seen, or are too 'strong' for the common viewers

Lets just say she knows her stuff shall we.

Quote:
Yeah, and the site still hasn't updated the character profiles despite it's airing tonight.
To look on the bright, maybe it just means that they'll introduce only Guan Yu and Zhang Fei for this first episode.

Or that they're extremely lazy. Nanoha had that problem before.
Old 2008-07-08, 03:14   Link #116
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
The VAs from the anime are exactly the same VAs featured in the game. Thing is Ero Game VAs are in a different league from Anime VAs.

On a related note, Red Cliff is debuting later this week. From initial reviewer's opinion, Yaoi fangirls will likely have wet dreams with Tony Leung's Zhou Yu and Kaneshiro's Kong Ming. Not unlike Yuri fanboys' reaction over this anime.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-08, 03:42   Link #117
Mizuno
Undefined

This reminds me, Itou Shizuka also voices eroge, right? She's a good one though.

I'm keeping my expectation low, but I really hope it proves me wrong.
Old 2008-07-08, 12:49   Link #118
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Hmmm, the first episode should already premiere around this time. Did anyone catch it?

darkchibi07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-08, 13:58   Link #119
mandarb916

Quote:
This reminds me, Itou Shizuka also voices eroge, right? She's a good one though.

I'm keeping my expectation low, but I really hope it proves me wrong.
used to i think
so did noto mami
and kugimiya rie
and a lot of other popular VA's now...it can be a stepping stone...though they usually use different names.
Old 2008-07-08, 15:29   Link #120
DmonHiro

Send a message via Yahoo to DmonHiro
I just watched the first episode. I can't BELIVE how much fun that was. Pretty good animation, funny chibi-moments and VERY good battle. No plot so far. The OP is avegarge, but the ED is moe-cute-chibi-overload.

I'm VERY impressed. Hope they keep it up.

PS: The childrens "punishment" was hillarious
DmonHiro is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
eroge, seinen