AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2008-01-22, 11:01   Link #1
Shinbou
Ka-na-me...^^

Send a message via MSN to Shinbou
Photoshop problem

I dunno if i need to put this here...but it did an photoshop tutorial about rounded edges here and it didnt work out...anyway thats not the problem i dun want it anymore.

Now i have some weird border thing around my signature wich i cant get away...yes i tried it. When i save the file on JPEG it keeps standing there...HELP

Here is the picture:

Spoiler for Clickie:
Old 2008-01-22, 11:42   Link #2
Sephi
Thinking outside the box
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinbou View Post
I dunno if i need to put this here...but it did an photoshop tutorial about rounded edges here and it didnt work out...anyway thats not the problem i dun want it anymore.

Now i have some weird border thing around my signature wich i cant get away...yes i tried it. When i save the file on JPEG it keeps standing there...HELP

Here is the picture:

Spoiler for Clickie:
It's from the slice tool. Select slice Tool (K) and right click the "01" and delete slice.

Currently watching: Aria the Origination & Dennou Coil
Sephi: Anime Icons | Signatures & Avatars | Renders
Sephi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-24, 10:38   Link #3
Shinbou
Ka-na-me...^^

Send a message via MSN to Shinbou
I alrddy figured it out myself...sorry for the topic...thanks anyway
Old 2008-06-03, 02:45   Link #4
Marina
~La-la Land~
*Graphic Designer

Another photoshop problem completely unrelated to the original post:

I made a sig and saved it and opened it now and again to do some editing. This last time that I opened it up, all my layers were gone and they were all compiled into the background image as one layer. I'm baffled as to how this happened and I can't figure out how to get my layers back so I can edit them.........
Spoiler for screenshot:

My Anime List

ISML
Marina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-03, 03:48   Link #5
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
The only way that this could happen is if you accidentally hit the Flatten Image command. Were you doing anything relating matting/defringe/palette options/thumbnails before you quit? It's locked, so only flattening the image could do this, and not by merging layers. About your problem unless it's a Photoshop function to temporarily flatten an image, I don't think there's any way of getting your layers back...sorry.
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-03, 04:00   Link #6
Marina
~La-la Land~
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
The only way that this could happen is if you accidentally hit the Flatten Image command. Were you doing anything relating matting/defringe/palette options/thumbnails before you quit? It's locked, so only flattening the image could do this, and not by merging layers. About your problem unless it's a Photoshop function to temporarily flatten an image, I don't think there's any way of getting your layers back...sorry.
Wow. That really sucks....
I don't even remotely remember even going near the option for clicking on 'flatten image'. Is there some evil shortcut for doing it that I should know to avoid from now on?

My Anime List

ISML
Old 2008-06-03, 04:05   Link #7
escimo
Paparazzi

I'm quite sure that there's no temporary flattening option available reversible after re-opening the image. And comparing filesizes of some of my psd images before and after flattening the image I'd say that your layers are gone. There seems to be guite significant decrease. Sorry.
Old 2008-06-03, 04:39   Link #8
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Of course, I am currently using CS on this computer, and there isn't a keyboard shortcut to Flatten Image. I have CS3 on another computer that I don't have access to right now, and there might be an option on there to flatten image automatically when you save a file or something, but this is just a theory. Depending on which version you are using, there could be a box that you can accidentally checked somewhere that could royally screw your future projects.
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-03, 12:25   Link #9
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Marina you're an Apple user, right? If you were doing this on your Apple machine and you have Time Machine set up, you could see if you have the unflattened version somewhere in the Time Machine backups. It's probably a long shot, especially since Photoshop doesn't autosave as we work and we usually don't save until we reach major points or the end of a project. May be worth a try.
Old 2008-06-03, 12:32   Link #10
Marina
~La-la Land~
*Graphic Designer

Thanks for the replies everyone! I'm pretty sure it's irretrievable since I saved and closed it before opening it again. I don't know how the image became flattened between me doing that since I don't even remotely remember clicking on the flatten image option, but.....*sigh of defeat*
yes, I'm a Mac user, but I'm not too computer savvy, and I don't have Time Machine set up Luckily I have several versions of my sig saved so I can sortof mix and match for editing.......
Anyways, everyone, thanks for the advice and knowledge, it's nice to get help on this sortof thing

My Anime List

ISML