AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2008-12-15, 12:55   Link #1
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Winter 2009: Your Expectations and Anticipated Series

About time for the winter anime thread to be created. Following Slice of Life's wonderful outline for the fall list, I've compiled one with winter titles. I used various sources and I might have missed some titles (or skipped some others, of uncertain starting date or postponed).

OVA
Illustration

Last edited by Pellissier; 2009-01-03 at 14:54. Reason: update
Pellissier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-15, 13:05   Link #2
Cinocard

Not many new shows this season. Hajime Ippo is a must watch for the fan. Also Slayer Season 5 and Druaga second season.

Another good old serie is Minami-ke. Hopefully this time it will be better than the last season

May as well watch Asu no Yoichi and Chrome Regios. Cliche school life shounen has never been bad if directed right.

And continue with Shikabane-hime. Not sure if we should count it as "second season", lolz
Cinocard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-15, 17:10   Link #3
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I'm looking forward to Genji. I might have finished the novel by then if I put my mind to it.
Old 2008-12-15, 17:28   Link #4
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

List is missing Sora o Miageru Shoujo no Hitomi ni Utsuru Sekai, aka. that show with the stupidly long name aka. The World Reflected in the Eyes of a Girl Looking Up at the Heavens aka. Munto TV aka. Kyoani's next "we're still not doing more FMP or Haruhi" project. Starts airing January 13th according to Moonphase, homepage: http://www.munto.com/

Also missing Afro Samurai: RESURRECTION, aka. Samuel L. Motherfucking Jackson, Luke Skywalker (Mark Hamill) and O-ren Ishii (Lucy Liu) on a desperate quest to save Gonzo. Starts January 25th according to my sources.

There's also a heap of assorted OVA's but nothing really interesting or new.
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.
17:43:16 <~deculture> nice job, fag!

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read
TheFluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-15, 20:21   Link #5
Oxtail

Need to watch Marimite4 because an anime season is just not complete without Rie Kugimiya playing a tsundere ojou-sama.
Oxtail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-15, 21:05   Link #6
Falkor

looking forward to more Maria-sama and Minami-ke.

expecting Maria Holic to be very interesting.

guess I'll be watching Druaga (oh yes, haven't watched anything done by Gonzo in quite a while).

Munto, maybe...

oh, and kissXsiss for some twincest/threesome/ecchi-ness

hoping to find some hidden gem in this season.
Falkor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-15, 22:46   Link #7
Tiran86

WHY HASN'T IT STARTED YET?
Hajime no Ippo. I've been wanting a new series since I finished it last year and ever since it was announced, it's been driving me crazy that its not here yet.

Definitely Watching
Slayers Revolution part 2. I love slayers more than Ippo, but my hype for it is lower because I felt Slayers was complete with Try, and Revolution is the weakest season so far.

I'll continue watching Toradora, Clannad AS, Michiko + Hatchin, and Tytania, since they're all 2 cour series. I'll watch Maria-sama after I catch up on season 2 and 3, so probably will marathon it afterwords.

Interested in
I'll give these series a shot, because something about it interests me.

Afro Samurai
Kemono no Soja Erin
White Album
Queen's Blade
Genji Mono
Chrome Shelled Regios
Maria Holic
Z Mazinger

Everything else, I'll skip or watch if I keep hearing good things about it and some of the shows I'm interested in get dropped.
Tiran86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-15, 22:54   Link #8
Ottocycle

...Z Mazinger is slated for a winter '09 airing? Where did that info come from?
Ottocycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-15, 23:12   Link #9
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Just going by the list above:

Marimite 4th season and
Minami-ke Okaeri

EDIT:

Munto too, btw.

Plus the usual round of watching first episodes of series I know nothing about.
Old 2008-12-15, 23:24   Link #10
MuraKami
Phase Angle

Out of the new series:

Will be watching:

Ride Back
Kemono no Souja Erin
Hetalia Axis Powers

Will be checking:

Viper's Creed
Genji Monogatari
Kuro Kami
Maria Holic

Follow-ups will include Munto - for the sheer obstinacy of waiting for its turtle speed releases, and Afro Samurai, because this one I liked.
Others, depending on free time - Natsume Yuujichou, Birdy, Druaga, and Shikabane Hime.

Not interested in Slayers R, Major, Maria-sama, or Ippo (reading the manga, so no).
MuraKami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-16, 00:03   Link #11
Westlo
Lets be reality

Let's see...

I think Rideback looks the most promising title of the season, the first manga volume was interesting and I've liked what Madhouse have been putting out lately. White Album looks set to draw in the shippers so I guess I'll be giving that a go.

Definitely checking out Munto: Long Ass Name, lets see if Kyo Ani can came up with the goods when it 's an original work and not an adaption. Birdy 2 I'm looking forward too, mainly for potential... since I just hope it's a lot more interesting than the main plot of s1...

Kurokami will be something I'm eager to watch, like the manga and I'm hoping this leads to more of the authors works being made. Another Sunrise title in Sora wo Kakeru Shoujo I'll check out for the lolz.. and lastly Kemono no Souja Erin since its from the same author and studio as Seirei no Moribito which was just fantastic and probably better than anything that aired in 08.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-16, 03:49   Link #12
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Thank the gods, maybe NOW I can reduce my "rainy day queue" of unwatched series.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-16, 07:49   Link #13
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈΈ is the Best !!

Send a message via MSN to The Chaos
That my Diffidently list gonna watch
Old 2008-12-16, 14:08   Link #14
Sheba
Have a Yasen Problem

Will Check

Minami-ke Okaeri More Minami-ke is never bad. I do hope that Asread have learnt from Okawari.

Munto The first work by Kyoto Animation showed promises and the need of a bigger budget. I do hope that KyoAni do well with the project. Perhaps it could quiet down some people who b*tched about them being unable to come up with original works.

Viper's Creed "sci-fi show set in a close post-war future, revolving around a band of mercenaries dealing with terrorism as well the aftermaths of the war."

Screams, "do fcking want"!

LULZ But Will check it Anyway

Queen Blade MaMiko Noto
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-16, 15:40   Link #15
Tiran86

Quote:
Originally Posted by humbug23 View Post
...Z Mazinger is slated for a winter '09 airing? Where did that info come from?
http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/k...9202718756.jpg

Middle of the second row.
Old 2008-12-16, 17:26   Link #16
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiran86 View Post
I wonder what the image creator's source for that is because I haven't seen any sort official or unofficial release date anywhere
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.
17:43:16 <~deculture> nice job, fag!

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read
TheFluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-16, 17:49   Link #17
cyth
ふひひ

It was listed on MOON PHASE as airing in early 2009, but apparently that changed somewhere along the way. However, the working title Z Mazinger is still listed there as a 26-episode run that will be animated by Studio Code.
Old 2008-12-16, 22:37   Link #18
Tiran86

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFluff View Post
I wonder what the image creator's source for that is because I haven't seen any sort official or unofficial release date anywhere
*shrug* If it comes out, I'll check it out, if not, oh well.
Old 2008-12-17, 00:20   Link #19
kyon.haruhi.suzumiya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Thank the gods, maybe NOW I can reduce my "rainy day queue" of unwatched series.
^^ Agreed here, I'm only interested in Minami-ke Okaeri for this season. I might be tempted to replay KGNE [for PTSD] or Eva [for general problems], if anything, for my upcoming refresher crash course of Psychology.
kyon.haruhi.suzumiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-17, 19:29   Link #20
animeboy12

I'm really happy with the lack of titles to look forward to because I have a unholy amount of anime to watch on my pile of shame.
animeboy12 is offline   Reply With Quote