AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-10-23, 08:51   Link #1501
cubicjack
Kino fanboy

Trust me, I'm very familiar with the timeline. It's just that I thought they would at least include one in a guidebook that covers both Index and Railgun. I mean, they had a timeline with both Index and Railgun episodes in some magazine a while back, so why not in the guide book?
Old 2012-01-24, 23:46   Link #1502
Miraluka
Even after hope's lost...

I don't get it at all but it seems Index's series director Hiroshi Nishikiori has a deep interpretation about Index lights novels and its dark side and didn't want Nagai (Railgun's director) to use the same/similar art style for Railgun which anime has a lighter mood (it seems Mr. Hiroshi knew since the begining Railgun was mean to be SoL rather than follwing the manga plot).

More about his comments but in japanesse:
Spoiler for text:

I'll be glad is someone can translate the text for us.
Old 2012-01-25, 00:02   Link #1503
Chaos2Frozen
She's Watching

Eh? I don't see what's the big deal though, most of Railgun happens during the day, while almost all of Index's story happen at night

So naturally there's a difference in mood.

Jokes aside, it's really not that much of a deal- I don't want Railgun to have a light mood when they're dealing with some serious stuff, and I don't want index to have a dark mood when they're having fun messing around. So in essence, nothing changes because neither series is strictly one genre so to speak.
Old 2012-01-25, 00:09   Link #1504
Miraluka

What if the movie changes art style? It would be interesting to see .
Old 2012-01-25, 00:13   Link #1505
Chaos2Frozen
She's Watching

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
What if the movie changes art style? It would be interesting to see .
Ehh? I don't think they're that creativity...

Oh, since we're in the mood for moonspeaks...

Quote:
いつもお世話になっております。アスキー・メディアワークスの三木と申します。

お言葉に甘えて告知させていただきます!

(このハガキが当選したのは偶然です! ステマじゃないですから……!)

『禁書』は今年、さらに動きがあります。お楽しみに。

『超電磁砲』はまだ秘密です!
Got it off from a blog, though I can't tell if it's official or not
Old 2012-01-25, 00:53   Link #1506
djmaca
My Girl ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Eh? I don't see what's the big deal though, most of Railgun happens during the day, while almost all of Index's story happen at night
Eh? Sisters and Poltergeist(both Railgun) happened at night. Daihaisei(?), Imaginary Number District, Avignon, English Coup, WWIII took 1 to 2 days.

OK, actually there's no way we can confirm how much happen during daylight or during the night.
Old 2012-01-25, 00:57   Link #1507
Chaos2Frozen
She's Watching

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaca View Post
Eh? Sisters and Poltergeist(both Railgun) happened at night. Daihaisei(?), Imaginary Number District, Avignon, English Coup, WWIII took 1 to 2 days.

OK, actually there's no way we can confirm how much happen during daylight or during the night.
Notice I've said 'most' and 'almost all', meaning there are some obvious exceptions

btw, the English Civil War mainly took place at night.
Old 2012-01-25, 04:43   Link #1508
TJR

Quote:

I don't get it at all but it seems Index's series director Hiroshi Nishikiori has a deep interpretation about Index lights novels and its dark side and didn't want Nagai (Railgun's director) to use the same/similar art style for Railgun which anime has a lighter mood (it seems Mr. Hiroshi knew since the begining Railgun was mean to be SoL rather than follwing the manga plot).
Just ran his tweets through four different machine translators, but I'm still struggling to understand......

From what I can tell, Nishikiori is commenting on the creation of background art. His first points are that

1. Backgrounds for Index and Railgun were drawn through nearly identical methods, but Nishikiori and Nagai had completely different views and approaches to art
2. With Index, Nishikiori aimed for very complex and detailed imagery
3. Had Railgun been made before Index, Nagai might possibly have gone with a different visual expression (naturally, he had to stick with the approach established in the Index anime). As a testament to the tenacity of the art staff, the backgrounds in Railgun were very complex too.

Nishikiori then goes on to discuss the difficulty of creating complex, high quality backgrounds, mentioning the burden this places on the art staff. I think he also cautions against location scouting (the machine translations are almost incomprehensible, and I'm still unclear on the meaning of the last tweets), but I'm probably wrong on this.
Old 2012-01-25, 05:12   Link #1509
Chaos2Frozen
She's Watching

Not sure about the first season, but in the second season there's a noticeable increase in the background quality, especially with the night time in the city... It's more... Luminescence. Heck even among wreckage it's shiny.

Though for Railgun... I'm not sure why, but the image of a bright orangy sunset background felt most prominent in my head for some reason.

It's like Index series glows blue and the Railgun series glows orange to represent their main heroines hair colours
Old 2012-01-25, 05:25   Link #1510
Acer
Death to the infidels!

have seen:http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...aku-no-railgun
Old 2012-01-25, 05:45   Link #1511
Chaos2Frozen
She's Watching

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acer View Post
Lol, that sort of answered my earlier post:

Quote:
いつもお世話になっております。アスキー・メディアワークスの三木と申します。

お言葉に甘えて告知させていただきます!

(このハガキが当選したのは偶然です! ステマじゃないですから!)

『禁書』は今年、さらに動きがあります。お楽しみに。

『超電磁砲』はまだ秘密です!

So Index movie greenlit, Railgun a secret, basically nothing we don't already know.

Though "Dengeki Bunko works will be adapted one after another into animation!"... So Horizon Part 2, Sword Art Online and Accel World?
Old 2012-01-25, 09:01   Link #1512
Miraluka

Quote:
Ehh? I don't think they're that creativity...
It would be good to swith to Haimura's style.
Old 2012-01-25, 09:08   Link #1513
Chaos2Frozen
She's Watching

Quote:
It would be good to swith to Haimura's style.
Are you sure Haimura's style would work well for animation ?
Old 2012-01-25, 09:34   Link #1514
Miraluka

Quote:
Are you sure Haimura's style would work well for animation ?
Well, it worked for Buriki.
Old 2012-01-25, 09:36   Link #1515
Chaos2Frozen
She's Watching

Quote:
Well, it worked for Buriki.
One size doesn't fits all.
Old 2012-01-25, 09:46   Link #1516
Miraluka

Quote:
One size doesn't fits all.
I don't see a problem for Haimura's style. It wouldn't be weird at all.
Old 2012-01-25, 11:55   Link #1517
zaeraal

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJR View Post
Just ran his tweets through four different machine translators, but I'm still struggling to understand......

From what I can tell, Nishikiori is commenting on the creation of background art. His first points are that

1. Backgrounds for Index and Railgun were drawn through nearly identical methods, but Nishikiori and Nagai had completely different views and approaches to art
2. With Index, Nishikiori aimed for very complex and detailed imagery
3. Had Railgun been made before Index, Nagai might possibly have gone with a different visual expression (naturally, he had to stick with the approach established in the Index anime). As a testament to the tenacity of the art staff, the backgrounds in Railgun were very complex too.

Nishikiori then goes on to discuss the difficulty of creating complex, high quality backgrounds, mentioning the burden this places on the art staff. I think he also cautions against location scouting (the machine translations are almost incomprehensible, and I'm still unclear on the meaning of the last tweets), but I'm probably wrong on this.
That's pretty much it.
Nishikiori says that Index and Railgun have completly different approach to art, Index was centered around the density and the complex scenery, while Railgun was centered about depiction of the mood and atmosphere. But even with different aproach, the way they are drawn is identical. If Railgun would have been made before Index, Nagai might have had different expresion.
Thanks to the effort of the Railgun staff responsible for art, Railgun art is also dense. They went for the high quality = high density, which put a lot of burden on them. And once they started, they were not able to just stop.
On top of that, to draw such complex scenery, they have to get real images first (so they can be redrawn), so they had to pilgrim and search for new locations. Of course there was a lot of success from it, that can't be denied, and even Nishikiori himself was doing it. But the real problem was the fixed drawing style. Kobayashi Shichiro also agreed tha being obsessed with the amount of resources and density is no good. (or it were the words of Kobayashi Shichiro, not sure here). He then says that the realy safe option would be a transfer. And that he is going to consider carefully this area again.
Old 2012-01-25, 17:57   Link #1518
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

I just hope for the following

if its

Index 3- It better be 10x better than season 2, JCSh*t

Railgun 2- I'm not personally gonna like slice of life so make it put it together with Railgun manga.
Old 2012-01-25, 18:09   Link #1519
Miraluka

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
I just hope for the following

if its

Railgun 2- I'm not personally gonna like slice of life so make it put it together with Railgun manga.
*Gives a very hard hug to I_am_kami*

Why you stole my ideas from my mind just when I was about to post them? n_n*

BTW, I also want that and thats because what it comes next (Avignon, Superman, Coup detat) deserves a deep planning since the locations were the plot develops are needed of very special treatment.
Old 2012-01-25, 20:32   Link #1520
djmaca
My Girl ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post

Index 3 IS better. All because Touma will mostly be outside AC and Japan.

And since when is Railgun a Slice of Life?
Closed Thread

Tags
fantasy, magic, science fiction, shounen