AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-12-17, 18:53   Link #1681
dniv
Nintendo Haters I'm ready
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: AZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACertainStark View Post
Just a friendly reminder that these are not my words, so I can't counter anything.
Oh yeah... lol. I figured that only the quote was your friends' words.

Well... it makes sense if the analogy was his/her idea.

But sheesh, if season 3 comes out I'll be excited, especially considering we might get as nice animation as in Railgun S or as in the movie... or better.
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-17, 20:00   Link #1682
Hiss13
OHAYO GOZAIMOMO~!
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: The Big Apple
Age: 20
Honestly, the main issue with season 2 was its pacing. Everything else, barring the animation quality of the Daihaseisai and the unplanned (due to the earthquake) quality drop in episodes 23-24, like the OST was brilliantly done.
Don't forget that it could have been worse. From the PVs, it was evident that JC Staff was ready to have Season 2 go up to Volume 16. That's 10.5 volumes right there. The pacing there would have been catastrophic. Luckily, it was only seven but I feel like JC Staff should just stick to just <=6 Volumes per season.
__________________
Hiss13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-17, 20:16   Link #1683
Miraluka
18 forever
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiss13 View Post
Honestly, the main issue with season 2 was its pacing. Everything else, barring the animation quality of the Daihaseisai and the unplanned (due to the earthquake) quality drop in episodes 23-24, like the OST was brilliantly done.
Don't forget that it could have been worse. From the PVs, it was evident that JC Staff was ready to have Season 2 go up to Volume 16. That's 10.5 volumes right there. The pacing there would have been catastrophic. Luckily, it was only seven but I feel like JC Staff should just stick to just <=6 Volumes per season.

That was just a teaser man, isn't the first time the studio does that.
__________________
Love songs for the genuinely cunning.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-17, 21:31   Link #1684
Hiss13
OHAYO GOZAIMOMO~!
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: The Big Apple
Age: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraluka View Post
That was just a teaser man, isn't the first time the studio does that.
Even so, it does mean they at least had some animation from those arcs ready. Honestly, I'm glad it wasn't in Index II. Whatever the reasons for putting those parts in the teaser (hype, obviously), not including them in the season was a decent decision.
__________________
Hiss13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-17, 22:55   Link #1685
ACertainStark
Misfortune -15C
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Toronto
Age: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraluka View Post
Do you think Itsuten is bad? Densetsu Yuusha no Densetsu is a fine piece of butchering if you want to make a 24 episode series comparison.
Reply:
Quote:
DenYuuDen as I understand it, still followed the set up of the source. Itsuten as I understand it, completely screwed over the original.

It's kinda hard for me to think up of epic failures, considering by nature we tend to pretend they don't exist and forget them, but also it's 3am here =_=
Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
I feel like the problem with that reasoning is that you're just saying it isn't that bad. It doesn't mean it's that good either. It really could have been much better if the people who were working on multiple shows at once were more responsible.
Reply:
Quote:
More like it isn't that bad, so stop thinking it's the worst thing evar Every Anime in the world "could have been much better if..." so that's moot, the point I'm trying to make is to stop being for negative about it just because it isn't as good as you wanted it to be.

A little positive attitude goes a long way- If even the hardcore fans thinks something sucks, then why should other people care about it?
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-17, 23:16   Link #1686
Requiem-x
The slacking one
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldzero View Post
no i knew he was well liked in japan(and even more so then before) but i was never 100% sure. in the western area hes sadly diverse.
It's even weirder since action series' fans in Japan usually tend to favor the overpowered/perfect type of character, at least from what I've seen. Definetly not complaining, though

Oh, so you didn't like s2 that much. Yeah, I can understand that, more than a few things went a bit wrong there, especially in the daihaiseisai arc and the final episode.

@miraluka
Heroes was really that bad? It was a pretty good anime to me.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-17, 23:47   Link #1687
dniv
Nintendo Haters I'm ready
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: AZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACertainStark View Post
Reply:
snip

Wait. I don't think it sucks. I'm just annoyed because I think if it was done better then it could have made Index mega-popular--at least in my opinion.

Either way, if Index II looked like SNK and had SAO's visuals, I would have been very happy... I mean it could have even looked like the first 1/2 of Railgun S and I would have been satisfied.

I don't think it's bad at all, I just don't think it was near as good as it could have been, like one of the best seasons out so far.

Though I feel like season 3's material is going to beat season 2 hands down anyway so whatever... it's just that to watch season 3, you have to watch seasons 1 and 2 first...


Also, I don't remember a quality drop in episodes 23, 24. I thought those were pretty well done... Though I never knew the earthquake affected the quality when it aired, because I wasn't following it then...

I better look at the PV's, because I never saw the PV's for Index II...

Edit: fixed I saw the PV... Yeah. I can't wait to see the rest of the characters in the PV animated...
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-18, 19:33   Link #1688
AbZeroNow
North American Haruhiist
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Age: 33
Funimation licenses the 2nd season and the Movie:
http://www.funimation.com/blog/?p=3147
__________________
<img src=http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic115895_1.gif border=0 alt= />
AbZeroNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-14, 23:33   Link #1689
WiliamZ0
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
I dunno where to put this, but I think this is the right place



Anyway, this is what I get from a certain community of mine :

I have some BAD NEWS everyone...
This was translated by js06:
>After the movie and Railgun S, the anime will stop for the time being.
>"In the original manga, the Daihaseisai episode is still ongoing and the To Aru series itself is still growing. The anime will stop for the time being, but if you support the series in the other media, I think another possibility could arise. You just need to patiently stick with the series."

so that means it be a long time before we get Index season 3..


Again, I don't know if this news already old or new one
WiliamZ0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-14, 23:42   Link #1690
dniv
Nintendo Haters I'm ready
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: AZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiliamZ0 View Post
I dunno where to put this, but I think this is the right place



Anyway, this is what I get from a certain community of mine :

I have some BAD NEWS everyone...
This was translated by js06:
>After the movie and Railgun S, the anime will stop for the time being.
>"In the original manga, the Daihaseisai episode is still ongoing and the To Aru series itself is still growing. The anime will stop for the time being, but if you support the series in the other media, I think another possibility could arise. You just need to patiently stick with the series."

so that means it be a long time before we get Index season 3..


Again, I don't know if this news already old or new one
No, this sucks!!!... at least they said something though...
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-15, 00:26   Link #1691
WiliamZ0
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
No, this sucks!!!... at least they said something though...
I know it, it rather surprising. since TAMnI is one of JC Staff's 'cash cow'.

Maybe they had difficultly to animate the 3rd Season. Not budget lol, I think they already got plenty of that
WiliamZ0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-15, 00:29   Link #1692
dniv
Nintendo Haters I'm ready
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: AZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiliamZ0 View Post
I know it, it rather surprising. since TAMnI is one of JC Staff's 'cash cow'.

Maybe they had difficultly to animate the 3rd Season. Not budget lol, I think they already got plenty of that
Either way, I'm sure that if the light novels continue being popular and we buy what's already out, then things might change soon enough.

I'm optimistic anyway. As long as it happens at some point, which is something I'm hoping for, which would be nice given how popular the series is... then it'll have much better animation in the future when it comes out and it'll probably be in 4000P ....

So I guess there's some plusses and minuses. It doesn't matter too much. As long as Kamachi's things keep on selling well, I'm sure it'll happen eventually.

Also, they might just be taking a break and waiting a bit with this and working on other series... it's also possible that they didn't want to make something half-assed soon and just wanted to let everyone know that they are taking a while/break before they do anything because it's probably hard to coordinate... I'm also wondering if they're just going to wait a bit until the Accel manga gets further ahead... and until the Index manga finally gets to some new material not in season 2... I'm sure at that point anyway, there will be larger interest in a season 3...

I'm familiar with the fact that season 4 of FMP didn't happen because people didn't support it as much and kinda gave up... so I think I'm going to strongly follow this so things end up better
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-15, 00:31   Link #1693
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
The JC Staff hate has intensified
__________________

He believes.
Even though he’s tired and one leg’s in the coffin, he believes.
He believes in his right fist,
in the path that his weapon creates,
in the scene when his weapon brutally hits the enemy’s body,
that his victory will bring about a wonderful future.
Kamijou Touma’s actions are based on trust.-

Kenju of the Right is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-15, 00:32   Link #1694
dniv
Nintendo Haters I'm ready
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: AZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenju of the Right View Post
The JC Staff hate has intensified
Why doesn't geneon just pick up Index? Couldn't they do it much better? If they did Index and Railgun... or they could just do NT and skip season 3 and 4 ?...

There are definitely studios out there that could do better... and not put in any frilly stuff...
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-15, 00:33   Link #1695
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
it seems the series itself shares the same luck as Touma
__________________

He believes.
Even though he’s tired and one leg’s in the coffin, he believes.
He believes in his right fist,
in the path that his weapon creates,
in the scene when his weapon brutally hits the enemy’s body,
that his victory will bring about a wonderful future.
Kamijou Touma’s actions are based on trust.-

Kenju of the Right is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-15, 01:12   Link #1696
Hiss13
OHAYO GOZAIMOMO~!
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: The Big Apple
Age: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiliamZ0 View Post
I dunno where to put this, but I think this is the right place
This was translated by js06:
>After the movie and Railgun S, the anime will stop for the time being.
>"In the original manga, the Daihaseisai episode is still ongoing and the To Aru series itself is still growing. The anime will stop for the time being, but if you support the series in the other media, I think another possibility could arise. You just need to patiently stick with the series."

I kinda saw this coming...but still...quite the shock here...
Especially since To Aru is JC Staff's cash cow...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
Why doesn't geneon just pick up Index? Couldn't they do it much better? If they did Index and Railgun... or they could just do NT and skip season 3 and 4 ?...

There are definitely studios out there that could do better... and not put in any frilly stuff...
Geneon is a distributor...not a studio.
What we really need...is for ufotable to pick to Index and let JC Staff keep Railgun. Keep the same Seiyuus and OST Composer for both, though...
__________________
Hiss13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-15, 01:27   Link #1697
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Drangelic, or by a different name...
Age: 25
*facepalm* I'll probably save ultimatemegax the trouble of coming here and set this straight

First of all get it out of your heads that JC Staff has ANY say in this- The ones calling the shots are Ascii Media Works and as was mentioned by ultimatemegax before even with the movie selling good, the sales of the books have not increased so there is less incentive to spend that money on Animation which may or may not recoup it's losses. Why did you think they throw in that cheeky "but if you support the series in the other media, I think another possibility could arise. You just need to patiently stick with the series." at the end?

Second of all... Seriously, Ufotable? You mean the guys that could only do one Anime a year and is already bogged down with working for Type Moon and Namco Bandai's Tales series?
Chaos2Frozen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-15, 01:33   Link #1698
Hiss13
OHAYO GOZAIMOMO~!
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: The Big Apple
Age: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
First of all get it out of your heads that JC Staff has ANY say in this- The ones calling the shots are Ascii Media Works and as was mentioned by ultimatemegax before even with the movies, the sales of the books have not increased so there is less incentive to spend that money on Animation which may or may not recoup it's losses. Why did you think they throw in that cheeky "but if you support the series in the other media, I think another possibility could arise. You just need to patiently stick with the series." at the end?
Fair point. I actually didn't really think that through...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Second of all... Seriously, Ufotable? You mean the guys that could only do one Anime a year and is already bogged down with working for Type Moon and Namco Bandai's Tales series?
To be honest, I just named the first studio that I could think of that I liked.
Just me messing around.
__________________
Hiss13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-15, 02:36   Link #1699
OH&S
Safety Inspector
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Sydney, Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiliamZ0 View Post

Anyway, this is what I get from a certain community of mine :

I have some BAD NEWS everyone...
This was translated by js06:
>After the movie and Railgun S, the anime will stop for the time being.
>"In the original manga, the Daihaseisai episode is still ongoing and the To Aru series itself is still growing. The anime will stop for the time being, but if you support the series in the other media, I think another possibility could arise. You just need to patiently stick with the series."

so that means it be a long time before we get Index season 3..


Again, I don't know if this news already old or new one

^My feelings in that order.

I was somewhat prepared due to ultimatemegax's earlier post somewhere in the forum as well as Index-tan: the movie, but it still hurts; like the final nail in the coffin.

Unless the rest of the light novels that are released this year are met with a similar reception to NT8 and NT9 or Ascii have some money to spare, this may very well be it...
__________________
Toaru Series Calendar: A Certain Unified Calendar - <UPDATED JUNE 2014>

Toaru Series 10 Years: Light Novel Anniversary MAD - Index:NT10 X asdfmovie
OH&S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-15, 03:51   Link #1700
WiliamZ0
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by OH&S View Post

^My feelings in that order.

I was somewhat prepared due to ultimatemegax's earlier post somewhere in the forum as well as Index-tan: the movie, but it still hurts; like the final nail in the coffin.

Unless the rest of the light novels that are released this year are met with a similar reception to NT8 and NT9 or Ascii have some money to spare, this may very well be it...
NOW I really feel bad for bringing such heart-breaking news
WiliamZ0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
fantasy, magic, science fiction, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:39.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.