AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2008-06-06, 22:06   Link #101
Konpachi
Sinear Mambur

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayote View Post
what if the captains' haori that Isshin wares was his remembrent of his wife and not his??
that'll be cool but Isshin also implied that he was of Captain-class
Konpachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-06, 22:06   Link #102
Slighted

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9TailsOfDestruction View Post
The betrayal that we haven't seen might be a captain in SS that is a traitor. Maybe Mayuri
I think you guys are looking too deeply into this. If anything, I think he is just referring to his alliance with the menos.

Kyoka Suigetsu is way overpowered and it just annoys me whenever it comes up.
Slighted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-06, 22:30   Link #103
kayote
Looking for ONE PIECE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konpachi View Post
that'll be cool but Isshin also implied that he was of Captain-class
i remember him saying something about how captains keep thair katanas small otherwise they would grow to be trees, or something to that effect, he never said anything about him being a captain himself???

whther it was implied or not is up to the person's intrpretations.
Old 2008-06-06, 22:36   Link #104
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9TailsOfDestruction View Post
The betrayal that we haven't seen might be a captain in SS that is a traitor. Maybe Mayuri
No.

He was commenting on the fact that Shinji expected him to betray SS ( a seen betrayal) .. But what actually happening is he already betrayed SS (a hidden betrayal).
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-06, 22:49   Link #105
Jays

You guys are acting like Aizen is one step away from getting his "comeupins". Aside from his incredably zanpakto ability, he's no push over. You can't really knock him because so far he's done nothing to screw up, or has never shown us that he's made mistakes.

Ha... I really want to see Shinji take on Aizen, holy crap he looked hella pissed.
Jays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-06, 23:05   Link #106
WONDERMIKE
kanpai!

Send a message via ICQ to WONDERMIKE
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiNA View Post
No.

He was commenting on the fact that Shinji expected him to betray SS ( a seen betrayal) .. But what actually happening is he already betrayed SS (a hidden betrayal).
that's exactly how I understood that line

for Kyoka Suigetsu itself: I kind of force myself not to think too much about it and what you could do with it.. that's the problem with hax-powers, they are imbalanced and make the one who hold them look like an idiot because he doesn't instant-pwn everyone that's why those powers are only used when the writer wants to use them, not when it would make real sense(compare: sharingan, rinnegan, hiro's timecontrol in heroes,..)

btw, imo the most impressive "magic trick" was to make the dead central 46 look like they are working in case that someone intruded unexpectly
(= lol@ you have to see the release..)

Spoiler for space:

but ok, that's why I would like to not think too much about Aizen's magic stick

so what do you think will Urahara do next week? I thought there's a chance to see his untraceable gigai in action to make sure ss won't find and slaughter the currently defenseless Vizards..
Old 2008-06-06, 23:43   Link #107
MAQI
Varcolac cu trei capete

Location: Where the morale of the people is as black as the sea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayote View Post
i remember him saying something about how captains keep thair katanas small otherwise they would grow to be trees, or something to that effect, he never said anything about him being a captain himself???

whther it was implied or not is up to the person's intrpretations.
Actually it was "skyscrapers" not itty bitty little trees... Isshin is captian calss, does not mean he was a captain... just like Ichigo, Ikkaku, and Renji, are captain class, but are not captains. You know some day I will hate myself for saying this, but Ichigo's mom was not a shigami. That is what I believe and no one except Mr. Tite will convince me otherwise.
Old 2008-06-07, 00:27   Link #108
Amirali
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Amirali
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
If I were Aizen, I would just let my enemies think I was an invincible god who could perform miracles like reviving myself from the dead and seemingly be two places at once rather tell them I was just creating illusions. The ability is still ridiculously powerful regardless, but if enemies know how it works, they are going to look for ways to counter it and someone clever enough could eventually find a way. Better they be completely oblivious to how the powers work as long as possible.
Agreed completely. He shouldn't reveal himself, but for his ego.
Quote:
There are some limits if you consider that Chad and Ishida haven't seen Aizen's shikai yet and Orihime probably hasn't seen it either (at least we've never seen Aizen use the zanpakuto in front her). If we say that Orihime isn't under Aizen's spell, then the Aizen that's currently in Karakura town has to be the real deal.
Hmm..........at the end of SS arc, I thought all of Ichigo's friends witnessed the facedown between Aizen and Ichigo/Renji. They didn't get much screentime because they were all powerless (and Gin simply used his reiatsu to subdue them), but they all did see him use his zanpakutou.
Quote:
But personally, I hope Kubo won't use this body switch trick twice. That would be pretty lame.
I agree from a writer's point of view, it is repetitive to pull the same trick. But from aizen's perspective, why not use such a powerful trick, while people can't counter it? If he does it often enough, he'll have SS so paranoid that anyone could be an Aizen plant that they won't be able to work together effectively anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WONDERMIKE View Post
btw, imo the most impressive "magic trick" was to make the dead central 46 look like they are working in case that someone intruded unexpectly
(= lol@ you have to see the release..)
Yeah, agreed. That means he can create illusion without even actively targeting someone with his zanpakutou :S.
Amirali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-07, 00:30   Link #109
lequory
People hate good theories

Thank you Wondermike for pointing that out. For those that dont know whats going on look at my post a little above Wondermike's and his spoiler. Kubo explained his shikai works in 2 different ways at different confrontations. Which is it Kubo...do you have to see his shikai(which makes sense) or can he just use it willingly to change the surroundings(doenst make sense)???
lequory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-07, 00:41   Link #110
Amirali
Banned

It depends how you interpret the wording of that chapter Mike posted. It might be that Aizen had already hypnotized everyone in SS with access to central 46, that if they walked in there they would see everyone working. Like Wondermike says, these powers are so haxxed that it's painful to think about sometimes.

Logically, Bleach should've ended at end of SS arc, with Aizen massacring Ichigo, his friends and all the captains atop Soukyokou hill :S.
Old 2008-06-07, 03:14   Link #111
Scep
commands you to...!
*Artist

I think kubo's saying that he hypnotized the whole SS already. And that isn't that haxxed actually, because he dosen't need to hypnotize the entire SS, remember, not everybody has access to the central 46 chambers after all.
Old 2008-06-07, 03:57   Link #112
Jintor

I thought what happened was that nobody ever saw the 46, but to make it seem like they were still alive Aizen had to have somebody inside at all times pretending to be their mouthpiece. Or something.
Jintor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-07, 06:12   Link #113
DesuX2

One thing I don't get: The three shadows at the start of TBTP. They were definitely your neighborhood villain trio now that he so conveniently revealed himself, but why were there three tall people? Tousen, Aizen and who else is in the plot? It can't be Gin anyway, the height difference is huge.
DesuX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-07, 06:22   Link #114
Amirali
Banned

It also couldn't be Aizen's mystery accomplice, because he was under watch by Shinji.
Old 2008-06-07, 08:08   Link #115
unameit

Seems like ichigo's hollow is really a different level compared to those vaizards.. Everyone of them are easily beaten and what confuse me is why those vaizard-hollows don't act like they have their own thinking and ready to fight as a personality, just like hollow ichigo fight byakuya.. maybe, ichigo hollow is vasto lardo after all..
unameit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-07, 08:59   Link #116
SeanQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by unameit View Post
Seems like ichigo's hollow is really a different level compared to those vaizards.. Everyone of them are easily beaten and what confuse me is why those vaizard-hollows don't act like they have their own thinking and ready to fight as a personality, just like hollow ichigo fight byakuya.. maybe, ichigo hollow is vasto lardo after all..
Uhh...I'm pretty sure they were trying to resist the hollow...however...and so...their inner hollow never did fight like ichigo's...

P.S. You know how there's a 3rd seat captain now in the anime...will there also beone in the manga?
________
CALIFORNIA MEDICAL MARIJUANA DISPENSARY

Last edited by SeanQ; 2011-04-24 at 13:22.
SeanQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-07, 10:36   Link #117
MAQI
Varcolac cu trei capete

Location: Where the morale of the people is as black as the sea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanQ View Post
Uhh...I'm pretty sure they were trying to resist the hollow...however...and so...their inner hollow never did fight like ichigo's...

P.S. You know how there's a 3rd seat captain now in the anime...will there also beone in the manga?
The anime episodes are fillers, and to add to them being fillers, they take palce in another time line. There will not be a a captain for the third sqaud. At least one has not been shown in the Manga.
Old 2008-06-07, 10:56   Link #118
Amirali
Banned

It seems unlikely there would be a new captain at least in time for the mega facedown over Karakura town. The last spreadshot before flashback had all the captains, with only the usual suspects.
Old 2008-06-07, 11:07   Link #119
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
the current hollow that now on those vaizards are the same as the hollow Ichigo they fighting during Vaizard training arc.. its not the one they capable of controling yet.
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-07, 12:17   Link #120
WONDERMIKE
kanpai!

Send a message via ICQ to WONDERMIKE
Quote:
just compare it to Ichigo's very first Hollowfication(Urahara's pit), he was simply transforming without the other personality thing etc.. that only happened later and I guess the Vizards will face the same problem

Tags
manga, turn back the pendulum