AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Macross

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross Frontier - Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 98 56.32%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 46 26.44%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 20 11.49%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 1.15%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 1.72%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.15%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.57%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.15%
Voters: 174. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-06-06, 04:13   Link #101
[DOT].L
Delightfully lost...
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: All over the place...
The Alto x Sheryl pairing sure is shaping up fast. This is probably just me being paranoid, but I'm really hoping this early relationship progression isn't just setting us up for a heart-wrenching tragedy later in the series.
__________________

Latest Post: Black Lagoon Summaries Update and Volume 1 (VIZ) Impressions… (August 15,2008)
Latest Summary: Elemental Gelade [Volume 14] (July 29, 2008)
[DOT].L is offline  
Old 2008-06-06, 04:17   Link #102
Westlo
Lets be reality
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
That's kinda why I'm hoping the Ranka and Alto paring starts progressing... really soon.
Westlo is offline  
Old 2008-06-06, 04:20   Link #103
TwilightHack
~ Madoka = Win ~
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by [DOT].L View Post
The Alto x Sheryl pairing sure is shaping up fast. This is probably just me being paranoid, but I'm really hoping this early relationship progression isn't just setting us up for a heart-wrenching tragedy later in the series.
I'm almost sure that if that happens, Alto x Sheryl shippers will crusade straight down to the studio and demand retribution. Hah!

In any case, there's what? 15 episodes to go (correct me if I'm wrong)? So there's a lot that can happen in that time. Plus, using Macross Zero this episode fit perfectly. Unfortunately I'm starting to remember the sadness from disappointment in Zero. Ah well, I do hope the "heart-wrenching tragedy" is avoided.
__________________

in the shadows i lurk... but nevertheless there i am...
TwilightHack is offline  
Old 2008-06-06, 04:22   Link #104
jonli
JONLIの憂'
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Quote:
That's kinda why I'm hoping the Ranka and Alto paring starts progressing... really soon.
It seems like the next episode is going to feature Ranka more than Sheryl. IMO with how things are shaping up so far. I think Ranka is going to play a bigger role than Sheryl in terms of the overall Macross story, but Sheryl will ultimately play the bigger role in the romance factor.
__________________
Oh~ Baby! Shalalalala~ Shalala in the morning~ OH! BABY!
jonli is offline  
Old 2008-06-06, 04:28   Link #105
SymphonicRain
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Ermm. Love and peace.

I prefer the fightings take place in other forums than in a stable, sane, multi-flag co-existing forum as this one.
SymphonicRain is offline  
Old 2008-06-06, 04:38   Link #106
Kinku
Hate a Hater.Love a Lover
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Canada
Age: 29
Send a message via MSN to Kinku
i have feeling sheryl going to like risk her life and save ranka in this series..... and probably leaving Alto and ranka to mourn for her death......Something along that line... but yea im a big fan of Altox sheryly
__________________
☆● PeAcE N Love●☆
Kinku is offline  
Old 2008-06-06, 04:39   Link #107
rei_lied
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
So many Sheryl x Alto fan here! Count me in! I think the reason why people like this pair is because they're fun to watch! Seriously, Ranka x Alto scenes are a little boring. I like Ranka but I don't want her to end up with Alto. Brera is there for Ranka.
__________________
rei_lied is offline  
Old 2008-06-06, 04:45   Link #108
Tabris
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
Aren't these things suppose to be enclosed environments? How did a mutated griffin-like creature get there?
Remember the Folmo Mall episode? There was one there, but asleep and well, domesticated it seems.

I'm shocked that nobody is talking more about
Spoiler:
Tabris is offline  
Old 2008-06-06, 05:16   Link #109
rei_lied
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabris View Post

I'm shocked that nobody is talking more about
Spoiler:
It was shadowed by the kissing scenes!
__________________
rei_lied is offline  
Old 2008-06-06, 05:49   Link #110
glyph
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabris View Post
Remember the Folmo Mall episode? There was one there, but asleep and well, domesticated it seems.
It thought carrottop was a scrumptious ninjin. I knew dressing up in that costume was an accident waiting to happen!
glyph is offline  
Old 2008-06-06, 05:50   Link #111
kilroy0097
Michiko Malandro = Sexy
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Bryan/College Station, Texas USA
Age: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Well if it follows the typical pattern Ranka should be in pole position around 13-18 which gains sympathy for Sheryl and than she gets over the line at the end. Seriously as long as I'm happy for the winner, feel bad for the loser and Sheryl gets a good ending I don't care who wins. (and her still being the galactic fairy is not my idea of a good ending since it just means she's where she was at the start of the show).

For all we know Ranka can "win" and yet it ends with a bittersweet ending.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by .Mero View Post
Please don't jump to conclusions, it's Macross and it's only episode 10
How can you say already whoxwho is gonna be
Given that this is Macross, we've seen the relationship switch-a-roo before. It could very easily go to Ranka eventually and then quickly and finally back to Sheryl. It's really hard to say at this moment since they could do a "time passes" point between episodes and age the characters multiple years. You don't know what Ranka may look like when she is the same age as the current Sheryl which I think is about 16. She might be a knock out and sweep Alto off his feet. Also until we know the final fate of the Galaxy we don't know if Sheryl will leave Frontier to go back home if it should happen to reappear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoroshiyaX View Post
Whoa, it looks like Sheryl's lost earing crystal makes a re-appearance...
Yes I noticed that and I don't think it's her earring. I think Alto still has that earring and she has the other one. This might mean that there are more than just two sets of those purple crystals. They may have some special properties about them we are not aware of yet. Which might also lead to Sheryl having more to do with the story than she does currently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ickem View Post
Interested as in she was very moved. No idea if there are any translations of the blogs though.
Yes I would be extremely interested in English translations of these blogs. Or even where they are at this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabris View Post
I'm shocked that nobody is talking more about
Spoiler:
Spoiler:


Great episode. Awesome creativity throughout and especially in the ending. A perfect 10 for Episode 10.

Last edited by kilroy0097; 2008-06-06 at 06:44.
kilroy0097 is offline  
Old 2008-06-06, 05:57   Link #112
ReddyRedWolf
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Why do I get the feeling that Dr. Mao Nome was one of Dr. Chiba's old mentors.
ReddyRedWolf is offline  
Old 2008-06-06, 06:39   Link #113
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: uk, England
Age: 24
Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
"Step back! step back! I expect a clean fight"



I quite enjoyed this episode and it is bringing about an interesting twist with the relationships. Sheryl threw the first punch by kissing Alto which allowed Ranka to "find" her feelings within the movie plot. Jealousy is the word...pure jealousy

But this is getting interesting. As Ranka rises into stardom could she actually begin to rival Sheryl? Will fame get to her turning her into some kind of monster? Jealousy is a dangerous thing but even more so when you have the power.

But I thought the final scene of the movie was beautifully done...makes me want to watch the full thing

Alto's fame is also revealed to be quite "lolol" ~ hime indeed ^^
__________________

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline  
Old 2008-06-06, 07:30   Link #114
ipernorris
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwilightHack View Post
In any case, there's what? 15 episodes to go (correct me if I'm wrong)? So there's a lot that can happen in that time. Plus, using Macross Zero this episode fit perfectly. Unfortunately I'm starting to remember the sadness from disappointment in Zero. Ah well, I do hope the "heart-wrenching tragedy" is avoided.
Well there hasn't been any announcement regarding how long Macross Frontier will be, anyway I hope it will be a long ride, like 52 episode or so. There is the danger of it becoming too long and boring, but I think there is enough meet to have a nice meal 52 episodes long. The only requirement is a good director, like any other artistic work anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rei_lied View Post
So many Sheryl x Alto fan here! Count me in! I think the reason why people like this pair is because they're fun to watch! Seriously, Ranka x Alto scenes are a little boring. I like Ranka but I don't want her to end up with Alto. Brera is there for Ranka.
I don't think it's so sure Brera is there as a pair for Ranka: I mean he could have any role, he's just too undefined at the moment.
I don't dislike Ranka, she's quite a nice girl for the moment: anyway she's on my watch list because she could take the Minmay route anytime and if that will happen I hope she gets eaten by some random Vajra!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilroy0097 View Post
sweep Alto off his feet. Also until we know the final fate of the Galaxy we don't know if Sheryl will leave Frontier to go back home if it should happen to reappear.
I have a feeling: Galaxy's fate won't be so nice to know... anyway I think the side Brera is with doesn't care about Ranka's life, otherwise they wouldn't criticize Brera for making an unnecessary action. I'm very worried about the dialogue Leon had with the matrix look-alike secret agent: when Leon asked what they wanted in exchange for the Vajra's information the secret agent threw a Sheryl's look-alike ring to Leon. This could mean they want more of the material the ear-ring is made of or it could mean they want Sheryl's herself. If this side is the same Brera works for then it would make sense he got criticized for saving Ranka: they only care about Sheryl.

Quote:
Yes I noticed that and I don't think it's her earring. I think Alto still has that earring and she has the other one. This might mean that there are more than just two sets of those purple crystals. They may have some special properties about them we are not aware of yet. Which might also lead to Sheryl having more to do with the story than she does currently.
We know FOR SURE that purple crystal can be used as a medium to comunicate through long distances without suffering of folding dislocation. It could open a way to surpass all of the folding limits we've been taught about some episodes ago: cheep istant travel through the universe. It isn't a small thing and if Sheryl and/or Ranka are connected to it somehow they are in big trouble.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
Alto's fame is also revealed to be quite "lolol" ~ hime indeed ^^
Alto's fame is on par with Sheryl it seems, at least on Frontier. Ranka and Sheryl had troubles appearing in the movie, in their own way, while Alto got PLEADED to appear in the movie. He even took the luxury to chose what role accepting... it's quite a rare possibility for an actor, even for a major one.
ipernorris is offline  
Old 2008-06-06, 07:35   Link #115
Westlo
Lets be reality
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
A Yahoo Japan article on Frontier (Adults can watch anime too) mentions October 17 as the ending date for Macross Frontier. We have a break next week and after episode 11 we have another break in between. So if still 25 episodes we have an extra 2 weeks... we have Olympics coming up... so that might be the additional 2 weeks break that makes it end on October 17th.

So Frontier will be 25 episodes long, of course their could be a second season (like Geass, Gundam 00 and Clannad) that continues it or it might even go the Macross 7 route and have OVAs.
Westlo is offline  
Old 2008-06-06, 07:50   Link #116
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: http://www.exciting-tits.com/
In the end .. It was the director's hand

LOLOLOLOL ..

Beautiful episode.. Not much to complain beside the drawing for the fighting with the hydra scene looks like a pokemon episode
__________________
“This be the realest shit I ever wrote.” ~Tupac
So very dead right now.. but still breathing thank you.
Top 4 Manga Waifu
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa


KiNA is offline  
Old 2008-06-06, 07:54   Link #117
kilroy0097
Michiko Malandro = Sexy
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Bryan/College Station, Texas USA
Age: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
A Yahoo Japan article on Frontier (Adults can watch anime too) mentions October 17 as the ending date for Macross Frontier. We have a break next week and after episode 11 we have another break in between. So if still 25 episodes we have an extra 2 weeks... we have Olympics coming up... so that might be the additional 2 weeks break that makes it end on October 17th.

So Frontier will be 25 episodes long, of course their could be a second season (like Geass, Gundam 00 and Clannad) that continues it or it might even go the Macross 7 route and have OVAs.
Lets hope for two solid seasons of 50 episodes and then a couple or more of OAVs (4 episodes each) in between the gap from Frontier to wherever the dynasty leads us to next time.
kilroy0097 is offline  
Old 2008-06-06, 07:54   Link #118
ipernorris
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
A Yahoo Japan article on Frontier (Adults can watch anime too) mentions October 17 as the ending date for Macross Frontier. We have a break next week and after episode 11 we have another break in between. So if still 25 episodes we have an extra 2 weeks... we have Olympics coming up... so that might be the additional 2 weeks break that makes it end on October 17th.

So Frontier will be 25 episodes long, of course their could be a second season (like Geass, Gundam 00 and Clannad) that continues it or it might even go the Macross 7 route and have OVAs.
I think evreything will depend on how much the publisher will earn from Macross Frontier. If it reveals to be a good money cow they will do a second season, otherwise not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiNA View Post
Beautiful episode.. Not much to complain beside the drawing for the fighting with the hydra scene looks like a pokemon episode
Yes the Hydra looked very detailed in some moments while in others it appeared like a crappy pokemon. This incostat art quality is a feature well present in this series it seems: it's not a problem of designers, because they have godly designers, but of budget I guess. And this is quite retarded because Frontier, if the legal problems will be risolved one day, will be the latest big Macross series around the world.
ipernorris is offline  
Old 2008-06-06, 07:56   Link #119
CaptGloval
New Macross soon
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Macross 30 Emigration Fleet
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Why do I get the feeling that Dr. Mao Nome was one of Dr. Chiba's old mentors.
That is quite possible. Another question is what had she been doing with her Anima Spiritia powers all those times?

Oh wait...

That explains why Macross City got restored real fast after every Zentradi incursion!
CaptGloval is offline  
Old 2008-06-06, 08:11   Link #120
Inquisidor
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Mexico, D. F.
Send a message via MSN to Inquisidor
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipernorris View Post

I have a feeling: Galaxy's fate won't be so nice to know... anyway I think the side Brera is with doesn't care about Ranka's life, otherwise they wouldn't criticize Brera for making an unnecessary action. I'm very worried about the dialogue Leon had with the matrix look-alike secret agent: when Leon asked what they wanted in exchange for the Vajra's information the secret agent threw a Sheryl's look-alike ring to Leon. This could mean they want more of the material the ear-ring is made of or it could mean they want Sheryl's herself. If this side is the same Brera works for then it would make sense he got criticized for saving Ranka: they only care about Sheryl.
Grace is reminding me more and more of Motoko Kusanagi, starting with wireless comm, uber hacking skillz and now she seems to be able to use a matrix-like agent proxy body to exchange info with Leon. Why this conclusion? If you watch carefully while Leon was talking to his subordinate and watching the VF-27 video, he receives a Confidential Message from "G" right before the scene ends. Also Inoue Kikuko, Grace O'Connor's seiyuu is credited in this episode despite the character not appearing at all. Finally we could also conclude the voice commanding Brera is her too, since Brera has a cyborg body and might come from Galaxy and infiltrated Frontier at the same time Sheryl and her arrived. As for their agenda, we'll have to wait till they reveal more.

As for this episode opinion, I was really surprised that most of the Macross Zero scenes were almost frame by frame copies of the original OVAs, just changing the original characters animation with the Frontier ones, yet I didn't feel like I was watching old material. It was refreshing and felt like watching Zero again.

Last edited by Inquisidor; 2008-06-06 at 08:27.
Inquisidor is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:28.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.