AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Macross

Notices

View Poll Results: Potential Pairing - Multiple Choice Option
Alto x VF 171 32 12.31%
Ozma x Bobby 13 5.00%
Ranka x Sheryl 42 16.15%
Sheryl x Alto 199 76.54%
Yasaburo x Alto 5 1.92%
Ranka x Ai-kun 38 14.62%
Alto x Klan 14 5.38%
Ranka x Alto 54 20.77%
Ranka x Brera 37 14.23%
Klan x Michael 101 38.85%
Ozma x Cathy 111 42.69%
Luca x Nanase 41 15.77%
Wilder x Monica 41 15.77%
Alto x VF25 37 14.23%
Yasaburo x Alto's father 10 3.85%
Alto x Brera 18 6.92%
Grace x Ranka 12 4.62%
Nanase x Ranka 21 8.08%
Sheryl x Klan 24 9.23%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 260. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-09-22, 09:36   Link #2821
BetoJR
D-d-don't look!!!
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Fortaleza-CE, Brazil
Age: 38
It does hurt. I believe that Thursday I'll take a leave of absence from this forum to return only after I've seen episode 25. That way, I avoid spoilers, even if I'm on the "winning" side.

Edit: Oh, who am I kidding? I'll probably be hitting F5 frantically on the episode discussion page as soon as it opens...
__________________
It's always a great time to immerse yourself in Deculture love!
All hail the Empress!!!

BetoJR is offline  
Old 2008-09-22, 09:37   Link #2822
Urei
Star Designer
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Europe
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by kilroy0097 View Post
Only because of the nature of Kawamori to really twist an ending and blind side us fans, I will give Ranka a 1% chance of complete redemption, ultimate forgiveness and getting together with Alto. I am firmly in the 99% chance that Alto and Sheryl are the pairing in the end. But damn doesn't that 1% really just gnaw at your ass as you wait? My heels hurt at it's nipping at me constantly.
Strangely enough, 1% was my estimation at the start of the series. Went up by, ekhm, a bit and went down to almost nothing.

Quote:
It does hurt. I believe that Thursday I'll take a leave of absence from this forum to return only after I've seen episode 25. That way, I avoid spoilers, even if I'm on the "winning" side.
Will you wait for the subs?
__________________

AD 2314 Mobile Suit Gundam 00
~A wakening of the Trailblazer~

Urei is offline  
Old 2008-09-22, 09:40   Link #2823
BetoJR
D-d-don't look!!!
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Fortaleza-CE, Brazil
Age: 38
Like I added a bit later, probably not.
__________________
It's always a great time to immerse yourself in Deculture love!
All hail the Empress!!!

BetoJR is offline  
Old 2008-09-22, 09:43   Link #2824
abynormal
Skull Fairy Scout
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Recon
Send a message via AIM to abynormal Send a message via Skype™ to abynormal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joachim View Post
i can't argue with that because the term of love is quite ambiguous if you ask me, attracted, like, love is not clearly defined in macross since SDF, it is all about when the guy say "i love you" not who the guy love/like/attracted first
English kinda fails like that, as we only have one word for "love." The real meaning must be deciphered through context.

I always thought the Greeks had it right. They have several words for love; eros - passionate, sexual love or affection stronger than "just friends," philia - brotherly, virtuous love of close friendship or family, agape - general affection, but different from eros, storge - exclusively familial love, and thelema - love for an occupation, hobby, activity, etc. It's more complicated, but at least when someone says "I love you" in Greek you know damn sure what they mean.
abynormal is offline  
Old 2008-09-22, 09:54   Link #2825
Urei
Star Designer
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Europe
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
Like I added a bit later, probably not.
Well, I can't stand spoilers of that caliber. I meant the raws
__________________

AD 2314 Mobile Suit Gundam 00
~A wakening of the Trailblazer~

Urei is offline  
Old 2008-09-22, 10:12   Link #2826
BetoJR
D-d-don't look!!!
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Fortaleza-CE, Brazil
Age: 38
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urei View Post
Well, I can't stand spoilers of that caliber. I meant the raws
Oh, but I will get the raw as soon as it's out, believe me. I'll probably not understand anything, but I'll at least see the sights.
__________________
It's always a great time to immerse yourself in Deculture love!
All hail the Empress!!!

BetoJR is offline  
Old 2008-09-22, 10:14   Link #2827
Urei
Star Designer
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Europe
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
Oh, but I will get the raw as soon as it's out, believe me. I'll probably not understand anything, but I'll at least see the sights.
Good to know I won't be alone. I always waited for the subs but this time I won't let myself get left behind. This episode is far too precious
__________________

AD 2314 Mobile Suit Gundam 00
~A wakening of the Trailblazer~

Urei is offline  
Old 2008-09-22, 10:20   Link #2828
justinstrife
Queen Sheryl's Protector
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: John Galt Railroad
Age: 35
Send a message via AIM to justinstrife Send a message via Skype™ to justinstrife
If the show interests me enough, I always grab the Raws and attempt to understand on my own without the assist from subs.
__________________
justinstrife is offline  
Old 2008-09-22, 10:20   Link #2829
ippus
An Avid YotStrife shipper
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: In a hole
Quote:
Originally Posted by kilroy0097 View Post
Only because of the nature of Kawamori to really twist an ending and blind side us fans, I will give Ranka a 1% chance of complete redemption, ultimate forgiveness and getting together with Alto. I am firmly in the 99% chance that Alto and Sheryl are the pairing in the end. But damn doesn't that 1% really just gnaw at your ass as you wait? My heels hurt at it's nipping at me constantly.
Is it bad that my only real reason in believing Ranka might win is because Sheryl has boobs and a pretty face...?
In Love Triangles for some strange reason being well-endowed plays the part of a massive negative rather than a positive >A>;
ippus is offline  
Old 2008-09-22, 10:26   Link #2830
justinstrife
Queen Sheryl's Protector
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: John Galt Railroad
Age: 35
Send a message via AIM to justinstrife Send a message via Skype™ to justinstrife
Look at True Tears. The girl with the bigger boobs and pretty face won.

As did the one in Kimagure Orange Road. Usually the most mature of the females wins(usually not always).
__________________
justinstrife is offline  
Old 2008-09-22, 10:29   Link #2831
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: http://www.exciting-tits.com/
Shuffle disagree.. but that series are just utterly fails for the latter part I lost hope at salvaging the good points from it.

I prefer the game, but then again, I only play one route for one girl
__________________
“This be the realest shit I ever wrote.” ~Tupac
So very dead right now.. but still breathing thank you.
Top 4 Manga Waifu
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa


KiNA is offline  
Old 2008-09-22, 10:32   Link #2832
BetoJR
D-d-don't look!!!
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Fortaleza-CE, Brazil
Age: 38
KGNE also has the more well-endowed character winning the triangle. Please, don't mention the OVA's to me.
__________________
It's always a great time to immerse yourself in Deculture love!
All hail the Empress!!!

BetoJR is offline  
Old 2008-09-22, 10:44   Link #2833
ippus
An Avid YotStrife shipper
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: In a hole
Hn. Then maybe it depends on the type of viewership? Or at least dependent of what gender the main protagonist is?
From all the manga I've seen so far, unless all the girls are well-endowed to begin with, we always get the 'ordinary' romantic girl who always ends up with a freakishly gorgeous rival who spends much of the time being a complete pain in the ass >_>

Shoujo manga fries my brain T___T
ippus is offline  
Old 2008-09-22, 10:50   Link #2834
BetoJR
D-d-don't look!!!
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Fortaleza-CE, Brazil
Age: 38
Anyway, I just want Sheryl to get her Hime. That's my hope and dream for the end of this series, even if we do get something more out of it.

And there are some shoujo around that defies your definition completely, ippus.
__________________
It's always a great time to immerse yourself in Deculture love!
All hail the Empress!!!

BetoJR is offline  
Old 2008-09-22, 10:51   Link #2835
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Earth
Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
@Ippus

Well, let's just say, good story Romance anime actually have different flow and end than sucky moe-shojo manga. (Some manga don't fall under that category though.)
Natsuki Hyuga is offline  
Old 2008-09-22, 10:54   Link #2836
indr0008
Physicist
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Singapore, NTU to be precise
Age: 26
Send a message via MSN to indr0008 Send a message via Yahoo to indr0008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsuki Hyuga View Post
@Ippus

Well, let's just say, good story Romance anime actually have different flow and end than sucky moe-shojo manga. (Some manga don't fall under that category though.)
Glass Mask FTW ?( Garasu no Kamen?)
indr0008 is offline  
Old 2008-09-22, 10:55   Link #2837
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Earth
Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
Quote:
Originally Posted by indr0008 View Post
Glass Mask FTW ?( Garasu no Kamen?)
You guessed it! One of the best shoujo manga!
Natsuki Hyuga is offline  
Old 2008-09-22, 10:55   Link #2838
BetoJR
D-d-don't look!!!
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Fortaleza-CE, Brazil
Age: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsuki Hyuga View Post
good story Romance anime
Good grief, I think I'm starting to get addicted to these things. After KGNE, I'm downloading True Tears already, and thinking about some others... I'm doomed.

At least, these kinds of shows I can actually watch with my wife, tho. Even if she almost beat me up in some parts of KGNE...
__________________
It's always a great time to immerse yourself in Deculture love!
All hail the Empress!!!

BetoJR is offline  
Old 2008-09-22, 10:59   Link #2839
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Earth
Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
Good grief, I think I'm starting to get addicted to these things. After KGNE, I'm downloading True Tears already, and thinking about some others... I'm doomed.
Heh, you're too late! XD I think you'll need to download Skip Beat! when it airs too. Awesome manga (and hopefully the anime lives up to the expectation)!

You have an interesting wife though
Natsuki Hyuga is offline  
Old 2008-09-22, 11:00   Link #2840
ippus
An Avid YotStrife shipper
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: In a hole
But MOST do, especially in a case where it's mostly centered upon the sweet little 'ordinary' one :/ I do think Sheryl's done enough to break her archetype but...there are still many people who consider all her actions to be that of some manipulative seductress just because she has sex appeal >_>

It does help that lately Kawamori seems obsessed with argument-based relationships...what with OzmaxKathy, MikhailxKlein, ShinxSara, I suppose Max and Millia counts as well >_O; Even BasaraxMylene is argumentative though it never came to any conclusion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by indr0008 View Post
Glass Mask FTW ?( Garasu no Kamen?)


Ohhhh ollldddddddddddddd.
Like.
OLLLLLDDDDDDDDDD;;
It aired in Hong Kong for a bit but was cancelled halfway so I never got to watch it properly.
Now that I remember...might be time to download kufufufu
ippus is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
romance

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:34.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.